Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:57 AM

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? (28911 Views)

7 Types Of Giving In The Church / Prophet Fufeyin: Now Is The Time To Display Your Wealth By Giving To The Needy / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Sermwell(m): 10:28am On Feb 21, 2021
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k (if not more) to persons in need this month alone.

But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet.

Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.

My question is, what could possibly be wrong with my giving in church? Is it trust issues or I consider it better to give to persons instead of the church?? Is anything wrong with my style of giving??

I need answers please!!

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:28am On Feb 21, 2021
I sense lack of trust because if you trusted the leaders to be able to use the money judiciously as you do, you wouldn't have any reason to be less generous to them as you do to others.

I don't think you should be concerned though since you are helping those who are needy including some members of the church because that's actually the whole point of giving - to help the poor and needy, not the rich. That's why after giving in the Bible, the disciples distributed it to the members of the church according to their needs. Acts 4:34-35

I think what you should be more concerned about is why you've remained with a church where you so distrust the leaders?

May God reward you for your kindness and generosity to the poor and needy. Amen!

God bless.

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by HopeVictor(m): 10:35am On Feb 21, 2021
Giving to people is also the same as giving to God..but if you must go to Church you also have to give a tangible offering to the Lord..

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Akakanfirstclass(m): 10:50am On Feb 21, 2021
mehhnn!....

Giving to people in need is one thing on it own...

and the best form of giving on this planet.. is giving where it is needed...

Your doing the right thing..

but let me help you sir..

You don't give to church..
as in don't see it as giving to church (the administrators of the denomination)

but when you give in church, give to God, not as a gift, but as a sacrifice, and if it is a sacrifice to the most high, it should be a sacrifice worthy gift...

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by emorse(m): 10:53am On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church. Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k(if not more) to persons in need this month alone.
But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet. Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.
My question is, what could possibly be wrong with my giving in church? Is it trust issues or I consider it better to give to persons instead of the church?? Is anything wrong with my style of giving??

I need answers please!!

cc: Seun
cc: lalasticlala
That's the spirit of God leading you to do what is right. And you're being blessed for being obedient to the spirit. grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by sunshineV(f): 11:03am On Feb 21, 2021
lol ur spirit is woke but ur body is asleep as fvck. trust the process and never let yahoo pastors cashout from u. even that 40 naira is too much.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by ABOVEDELAW: 11:14am On Feb 21, 2021
DO AS THE SPIRIT DIRECTS YOU

3 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by merieam16(f): 12:29pm On Feb 21, 2021
What might be the cause...hmmm, maybe ur hate for pastors grin

2 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Sermwell(m): 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
emorse:

That's the spirit of God leading you to do what is right. And you're being blessed for being obedient to the spirit. grin
Lol...but some persons will strongly disagree!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by LadySarah: 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
In the same situation too. I was trying to adjust but after watching Johnson Suleiman's video, nah! let me keep giving to those genuinely in need.

haven't even been to church this year self. God help. me.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by ipobarethieves: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2021
sad God will NOT club u to death for NOT giving offering bin Church sad.I knw the type of Church dat their Pastor dnt care about amount bu drop.Weda u drop/not, NOBODY will BEAT U.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by MoonWater: 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
Give what you can afford

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Evilgenuis: 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
You are under serious spell, so you give Jezebels in thousands and God in Kobo... Las las you go be toilet washer or policeman for heaven grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by NwaNimo1(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
Your not giving all to the church?

on hearing this news......

[img]https://media./images/e1bcbe787a0cbdb64893b2b1f7fd7b08/tenor.gif[/img]

A

P astor

C ollapses

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by naijadrivablog: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2021
If Solomon gave to people more than he gave God, he won't be the wisest man that ever liveth.

Giving to the needy/poor is also GIVING but can not take the place of Giving to God.

Don't judge what the church leaders do with your offering, which is not commensurate with the way you have been blessed.

There are different types of offerings, give to God what is His and to Caesar what is Caesar's.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by EmekaBlue(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2021
Money Money Money matter involved everywhere even in Religion

I'm like you though...i don't even go to church lately talk more of giving offering

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
There is nothing wrong, we are not suppose to have lavish church's buildings since the world is temporary, why build exotic church's that can be destroyed here, but giving to those in need is really very kind, besides its the people going to the church's that matters, not the structure, also the welfare of those who work within the church's

Well this is my poor opinion, Another person may have a better understanding

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by AzuNas: 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
Alright. . . . . . .Ajie

Not only you

Abeg
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Lomprico2: 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k (if not more) to persons in need this month alone.

But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet.

Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.

I need answers please!!

Mathew 25:40

go drink beer cool off jare nothing do you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Seyi8750: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
Over to you Righteousness2
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by ABCthings: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
J
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Mrpojj(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!

Lies
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by ABCthings: 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!
That you're philanthropic doesn't mean you shouldn't give proper offerings in church. Change your ways.

If I may ask, do you pay your tithes?

6 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Miner13: 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
your acting is based on the way you see all this blingbling men of God. Church goers are poor but the suppose men of God are rich beyond measure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by elimsun(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
First,it's nothing wrong with you. Just your mindset. Next time you are giving in church, have a good mental picture of whom you are giving to which is God - the owner and provider of your wealth.

Give with a large and grateful heart,without reserve.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Karleb(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
Is it not from these same tithe and offering Johnson Suleman bought 3rd private jet in a pandemic.

@OP if it is possible, stop giving offerings. It goes straight to the pastor pulse. No accountability.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by femi4: 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!
Definitely trust issue but you forgot that the chairs, fan and sound system that gives you comfort in church was bought from someone's offering

8 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by smile11s(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
Akakanfirstclass:
mehhnn!....

Giving to people in need is one thing on it own...

and the best form of giving on this planet.. is giving where it is needed...

Your doing the right thing..

but let me help you sir..

You don't give to church..
as in don't see it as giving to church (the administrators of the denomination)

but when you give in church, give to God, not as a gift, but as a sacrifice, and if it is a sacrifice to the most high, it should be a sacrifice worthy gift...

So who is going to spend the money you give to God? Why will God even need your money?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Things Aren’t Fine, We Need Your Forgiveness - Happie Boiz Beg Apostle Chinyere / Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides / How God Brought Me Into His Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.