Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? (28967 Views)

7 Types Of Giving In The Church / Prophet Fufeyin: Now Is The Time To Display Your Wealth By Giving To The Needy / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2021
Why would anyone wake up in the morning and decide to go to church? You even give them your 40 Naira? That's funny

4 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by SensualMan1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k (if not more) to persons in need this month alone.

But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet.

Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.

My question is, what could possibly be wrong with my giving in church? Is it trust issues or I consider it better to give to persons instead of the church?? Is anything wrong with my style of giving??

I need answers please!!
You are in line with God's commandments.
"Whatsoever u do to the least of my brothers, that u do unto me".

The most important thing in life is helping your fellow man. U mirror the image of God.

Do not give to Oyedepo, that Old RCCG man, Mr Chris etc.

Only try to be giving catholics if atoll u feel like.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by floss(m): 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
PointZerom:

You gave #40 as offering and gave someone #10k. If your Pastor couldn't give that widow waiting to see him after church her rent, God will hold you responsible.
Really?....tell us more, the bible even made you understand that "If you must eat, you must work, no food for a lazy man"...So tell your lazy pastor to go and look for work...or he should device a better means of stealing in the name of God... anyone can be called by greed into becoming a pastor, Bishop, or apostle....

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Sleekfingers: 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k (if not more) to persons in need this month alone.

But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet.

Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.

My question is, what could possibly be wrong with my giving in church? Is it trust issues or I consider it better to give to persons instead of the church?? Is anything wrong with my style of giving??

I need answers please!!

because giving church money na waste.....it is better give those that are in need.......pastor will use your money to buy private jets.....

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by DropsMic(m): 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
Evilgenuis:
You are under serious spell, so you give Jezebels in thousands and God in Kobo... Las las you go be toilet washer or policeman for heaven grin grin grin grin

You need help
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Positiveme2020: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!

Bro there is not wrong, infact this is the best way to show care and love to the needy. I do same and I fill happier knowing I have really helped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Tonnierichy(m): 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!
What you are doing is OK. But it's also important to ask yourself if you are not just giving to people because you know they'll praise and appreciate you while no one will know if you dropped a huge amount in church

4 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by vineyardfarms: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
Increase your given, don't mind how the church is spending the money. Ask yourself, what can possibly 20 -40, naira do in the house of the lord??
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Charity85(m): 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2021
He who genuinely gives to the church and who genuinely gives to the poor do the same thing. Same blessings, same reward. The Spirit of God prompt us in different manner all towards the common good. So continue with your good works. God bless you

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by OBTOREPA(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
If you really need answer/ advice please leave nairaland, because you can never get it here. Waiting yahoo yahoo, some ritualist, prostitute etc wan give you as advice in this condition.
Look for a reasonable person to advice you proper.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by floss(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nuttella:
I will advice you to pay your tithes, it is mandatory and in the bible for you to pay your tithes. Dont see it that you are giving money to pastor, see it as your kingdom responsibility to give to God, if we all give #40, do you think there will be money to build any church or make it comfortable, or do you think there will be sound system in the church, or the church will be able to use generator for the Sunday service, or the church will be able to do lots of servicing of equipments in the church. Stop using human wisdom when it comes to the things of God. I was once broke, someone gave me 3k, God said I should give 2k to the church, 1k for church project, 1k for tithe, I paid my tithe and church project money, same week, I got money bigger than the 3k.

God is not stupid and you can't cheat God, he said we should pay tithe for a reason.
Business men of god, funny enough paying of tithes is the only thing that our pastors brought from the old testament, when you ask them about other things that was done in the old testament they will tell you Jesus is the new testament there is nothing important about the old testament.

2 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Saig: 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!

Give to people who need that money. Church sometimes doesn't need that money. They stash it in the bank. you can give to church when they have a worthwhile project and you are sure of.
you are doing well
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by floss(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
vineyardfarms:
Increase your given, don't mind how the church is spending the money. Ask yourself, what can possibly 20 -40, naira do in the house of the lord??
So many things my dear... when collected over the time can buy a seat in that same church.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Ayo2004: 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
GENUINEFILMS:

Giving to people is good.. but you will have more blessings in paying your tithe and offerings
Who told u that?Giving to your neighbors with a cheerful heart is same as giving to God,if u like,let pastors brainwash u....nothing is bad in giving to the church but do not feel u will have more blessings than someone who gives to the needy

There are many philanthropists who don't go to church and yet they still receive more blessings than most nigerian church goers

3 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Earnerbitcoin: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2021
Give more to people than these fake pastors
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by pepperdemzombie: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2021
Next time, don't bother dropping anything, people who can afford to give N10k, don't have N20 notes in their wallets. If they live off N20, they should have locked doors. Ironically, these are the type of people that will be groaning if they don't change to generator on time after power failure. Call for Love Feast, they will carry long throat to go and eat and collect gifts. Why not even pray in your room?
Aim achieved, you are on NL front page.

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by studentofTruth: 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!

Bro, don't ever change that habit; keep it that way for you shall inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world (Ref Mtt: 25: 34-45).

Giving to those who already have more than enough is meaningless!

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I sense lack of trust because if you trusted the leaders to be able to use the money judiciously as you do, you wouldn't have any reason to be less generous to them as you do to others.

I don't think you should be concerned though since you are helping those who are needy including some members of the church because that's actually the whole point of giving - to help the poor and needy, not the rich. That's why after giving in the Bible, the disciples distributed it to the members of the church according to their needs. Acts 4:34-35

I think what you should be more concerned about is why you've remained with a church where you so distrust the leaders?

May God reward you for your kindness and generosity to the poor and needy. Amen!

God bless.

I guess he has paid his tithe naa
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by pepperdemzombie: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
Earnerbitcoin:
Give more to people than these fake pastors
When arm robbers ask them to transfer their balance, they will agree sharply.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by LordReed(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!
You are doing the best thing IMHO.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by tooloadedtofail: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
Your conscience is apparently disturbing you and that is why you find no peace in your heart and you are here to seek such.

Unfortunately, nairaland is no such place to find the truth. Faceless commentators, some of whom have no heart for (and lost their places in) God's kingdoms will seek to counsel you to join them. Only the truth in God's word will set free

Remember these two scriptures:

1. Thou shalt love the Lord with all thy heart, and all thy soul and all thy might. Then (after), thou shalt love thy neighbor. (God will never take a less place than your friends)

2. Why this waste? Why was this perfume not sold and money given to the poor? Then Jesus said, the poor you will always have, but me, you will not always have...(Giving to Jesus and the poor are different)

Let's be clear, one day you will see that Jesus stands to receive all you drop towards his course on this Earth (majorly for souls) and he has account of everything. May you not stand condemned when you wake up suddenly at the other side and tell you that you were only a manager of his wealth but you would rather meet needs of people you know....

The same way the mockers on this platform believe that God rewards giving to the poor only, they will not tell you Jesus sees all you put into church treasury because he actually receives them spiritually (remember the widow's mites).

My brother, listen to your conscience, it's really trying to help you which is why you are desperately seeking for answers under it's weight.

If you don't feel blessed where you are, you can change environment. But let it not be that while other people give towards soul winning, welfare of less privileged (which most churches don't announce), adminstration of nurturing souls, let it not be that God's wealth in your hands to manage is not there. You will surely give account.

3 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by LordReed(m): 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I sense lack of trust because if you trusted the leaders to be able to use the money judiciously as you do, you wouldn't have any reason to be less generous to them as you do to others.

I don't think you should be concerned though since you are helping those who are needy including some members of the church because that's actually the whole point of giving - to help the poor and needy, not the rich. That's why after giving in the Bible, the disciples distributed it to the members of the church according to their needs. Acts 4:34-35

I think what you should be more concerned about is why you've remained with a church where you so distrust the leaders?

May God reward you for your kindness and generosity to the poor and needy. Amen!

God bless.

Is there any church that actually follows this principle? It would be interesting to note.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2021
Na Village pipu. CAuse am
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Winneygirl(f): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!

Orthodox church members generally don't give much in church.
You didn't mention the church, but I bet it's an orthodox church.
The same you will attend a Pentecostal church and give 1k as offering.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by tooloadedtofail: 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
Remember, you will give account of what you give to God personally same way the Pastor will give account of what he does with it.

On that day, no one shall be an excuse to disrespect his commandments....none.

Come to think of it, why don't you think that giving to the poor makes up for giving to your parents? Do they take the same place, even though your parents are not in need.

Please don't listen to sons of Belial. Those that minister spiritual things should also receive physical things.

Meanwhile, many pastors are not as wealthy as you think. They have a lot of responsibilities on them. They have only learned to speak in confidence... All those clean suits and materials are gifts from people like you they spiritually watch over.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Komu1048(m): 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!

More of your blessing will be coming from people and not from God
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by CodeTemplar: 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
So Jesus wasn't trusted enough when others gave out of their abundance while that widow gave her all?
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by dalass(f): 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!

You already know the answer. grin

But churches do same with offerings and tithes. There are always needy people in church who the pastors and Church leaders privately take care of. With or without your knowledge. Many go to their pastors. Not for prayers but mostly for financial and material assistance.

Such church offerings most times go to such.. Tithes according to bible is so that food may be in Gods house because many are quite hungry... Do your giving outside but do your best too in church.

Give to Caesar what belongs to him and to God what belongs to Him

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Jiokejohn: 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:

I need answers please!!
In my opinion, I commend your generosity towards the needy.
My bible told me that whatsoever you do to the least of our people (especially the needy and down-trodden) is done to GOD.
You alms and generosity will always be memorial before GOD.
Moreover, church is charity organization. But most churches hardly live up to this reality. They hardly own orphanage homes but easily establish expensive schools and GO acquire fleets of exotic cars and jets.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by CodeTemplar: 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2021
sunshineV:
lol ur spirit is woke but ur body is asleep as fvck. trust the process and never let yahoo pastors cashout from u. even that 40 naira is too much.
lol... I am sure N40 multiplied by members may not fuel gen set and by brooms for sweeping the church talk less of chairs and a building.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nasarawa Pilgrim Returns N.5m To Afghan Mate, Gets Free Hajj Seat(pic) / Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / Dolapo Osinbajo, Bishop T.D. Jakes And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.