Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) (60993 Views)

Bizarre Giant Pig-Faced Shark Pulled Out Of The Water In Italy / Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix / Sturddlefish: Hungarian Scientists Accidentally Create Bizarre Hybrid Fish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by sammysmiles(m): 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
The end shall never wonder, cause its the end...
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by yusluvad(m): 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by morzook(m): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
You could have saved yourself from ignorance by reading the whole article. It is an alligator gar that's native to the USA. It's not rare or strange.

It's just strange to the location

Pelecius:
All these guys sha.
You found a bizarre animal, the guessed that it was released by someone after growing big and went in to 'warn' people that such action will disrupt the ecosystem. Do they know of the fallacy of begging the question?
Can't you just admit that you're seeing a ceature for the first time and begin to understand it?

That was how they first made the coecalynth a transitional fossil, only to find it in one of the waters, making it a 'living fossil'.
Always say it, worldview isuues ehn
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
A bizarre phenomenon just like the black race.
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
I want a pet like that. cool

The mischief I could do with it in my spare time.
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Emola12(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
maybe dat one nah second wave of aligator.
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by SeriouslySense(m): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2021
Interesting, it looks like this is where crocodiles came from or they may share a common ancestor.
Godarz:
An alligator gar.

Heard about it once upon a time. Never seen one though

As put succinctly by Wikipedia...

Pics of some live specimens below...sauce here
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Gofwane(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
There are Creatures both on land and Sea that the Inhabitants of the Earth are yet to see.

A whole lot of them are Reserved until the End of times. Then will they be unleashed on the earth on those who rejected GOD'S Free Gift of Salvation. It's gonna be so terrific, terrible and horrible down here.
See Revelation 9.

Let's Make use of the Golden opportunity to Have a Genuie Relationship with JESUS Christ so as to avoid the Deadly times that will be Here on Earth.
Oboyyeh, shocked you still figured out a way to link your sermons to this animal? Damn, you are a rare breed of mad Men.

1 Like

Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by sammyj: 6:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
This must has been a case of cross breed between a fish and an Alligator. Sometimes it is good to taste something different grin grin grin grin!!!

1 Like

Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
SKhanmi:
All the species are edible and tasty. The eggs, however, are considered highly toxic. Source Google.

Let us know when it surfaces in nigerian waters

1 Like

Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by mike404(m): 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
FISHGATOR SOUNDS NICEST
Kayberg:

Fishligator sounds nicer.

1 Like

Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by dynicks(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Aligator and Shark had sex.

Water crossbreed
nothing konji no go fit cause!!

2 Likes

Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by gnykelly(m): 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2021
this is not a prehistoric specie. the animal must have been mutated by the Fukushima nuclear power leak years ago that caused toxic chemical released into the wild.

this is my prime suspect.

1 Like

Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by yahoosurepass(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2021
I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery. Details on my signature[/quote]

stolen laptops....
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Karemarealty288(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2021
Mammy water alligator
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by obonujoker(m): 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2021
Lol... Bizarre creature
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Ryan03(f): 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
Tolexander:
Alligafish or Fishligator
fishligator sounds cool grin
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Greenback: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
See as he resemble coneheads grin
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Asquare84(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2021
See better pepper soup
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Lomprico2: 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2021
it's an alligator gar, nothing mysterious there.
if you are Natinal geographic fan you will know these things.
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Acidiously: 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
Releasing animals into reservoirs and waterways is punishable with a fine of up to SG$3,000 (£1,600) under Singapore law. The Singapore water agency has now removed the carcass.
If the bolded is actually the conversion of £1600 to SG$ then I really need to be in Singapore ASAP
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by twilliamx(m): 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
That's the corpse of an alligator gar
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by payloader(m): 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
If you watch Natgeo wild you'll discover there is nothing new about this Alligator Gar. Its a fish alright
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by lexy2014: 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2021
Pelecius:
All these guys sha.
You found a bizarre animal, the guessed that it was released by someone after growing big and went in to 'warn' people that such action will disrupt the ecosystem. Do they know of the fallacy of begging the question?
Can't you just admit that you're seeing a ceature for the first time and begin to understand it?

That was how they first made the coecalynth a transitional fossil, only to find it in one of the waters, making it a 'living fossil'.
Always say it, worldview isuues ehn

https://www.google.com/search?q=alligator+gar&oq=all&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60j69i57j69i60l2j0.1776j0j7&client=ms-android-transsion&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=4LH3cFrTkBHcAM
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by watchindelta(m): 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2021
Why open mouth die!
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by EBEk101(m): 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
cchub:
an alligator had sex with a fish and this is the result

too much sense no go kill u
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by lexy2014: 7:19pm On Feb 21, 2021
gnykelly:
this is not a prehistoric specie. the animal must have been mutated by the Fukushima nuclear power leak years ago that caused toxic chemical released into the wild.

this is my prime suspect.

https://www.google.com/search?q=alligator+gar&oq=all&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60j69i57j69i60l2j0.1776j0j7&client=ms-android-transsion&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=4LH3cFrTkBHcAM
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by Oshokalo: 7:19pm On Feb 21, 2021
Kayberg:

Fishligator sounds nicer.
gatorfish sounds good

1 Like

Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by lexy2014: 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2021
sammysmiles:
The end shall never wonder, cause its the end...

Means u didn't read d article
Re: Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) by witworth(m): 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2021
Forgive me everybody, yes I believe in discoveries and inventions, but the funniest thing is this one can be a fake news, only few people knows
that just because majority carries the vote doesn't mean they can't be wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JSS3 Student In Anambra Manufactures Keke / See Baby Crocodile Caught In Lekki Today - Put Up For Sale For N20,000 / 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.