Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? (38209 Views)

What's The Best Approach To Fire This Type Of Worker? / Can This Type Of Vacancy Be Advertised In Nigeria / Please What Is The Meaning Of "Rupdate" As Sender Of Interview Invites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by SpaceAngel: 3:10pm On Feb 22, 2021
Attend the interview and give them your terms, if they don't like you quit
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Franklinshaddy(m): 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2021
Why will you stay for years waiting for same company to call you back
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Divinenwa: 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
Ekg911:
I have made withdrawal of 500gram with my U.B.A visa africard on the 11th of January, 2021, but till today 22nd of February, I have not received money into my card, and it's still showing pending..,, why!
i dont know maybe u should complain to them if u reach d level
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Goalnaldo(m): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2021
I will show up to the interview with an Ak 47 Israeli made and send the interviewer and the guy who replaced me to the land of the great beyond.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by showafrica(m): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2021
Freestainworld:
It depends on the kind of work I am going to do, if it is something that requires them gaining from my knowledge, I will reject the offer since I wasn't treated well before.

The best way to reject it is by billing. Give them bill, if they agree to pay, share the fuckkking knowledge.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

But what if they just want to use you to gain the knowledge they need on how to solve the challenges they have and then ask the contractor to leave? This new experience will be worse than the first one. They might even use the interview to gain this knowledge they need for the work without offering the contract.

I am going to name my price, tell them.my own terms and conditions. Like no out of hours call, or i charge for any out of hours call out, no weekend 40 hours weekly etc.

i won't let them use me for my experience anything i do for them is going to be money base you can't sack me until the end of the contract.

1 Like

Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
a
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Tats(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
atilla:
Contract staff or contractor.

Contract staff no I wouldn't
Contractor for a job worth millions. Yes I would.

This is the right question to ask the OP.
As a contractor, you should be paid much more and the contract period should be stated.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by johncallidon(m): 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2021
Nawteemaxie:
I even think say na picture you wan show us.
me too.
nawa for this Op.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by LNKDOT(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2021
Payment firsts
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Awoo88: 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2021
As a contractor/ Consultant, you set your terms. They want you for a reason. Maximise the opportunity
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by twilliamx(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
If you leave a job because of lack of promotion you felt you deserved due to your achievements and then few years down the line the same company sets up an interview for you to come and work as contractor and you will be working with the person they gave the promotion to instead of you which made you to leave the company in the first place.

Would you attend such an interview?

I am working for money not for any one ...if the money reach...noting consign me wit d fellow
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by DrDax: 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

But what if they just want to use you to gain the knowledge they need on how to solve the challenges they have and then ask the contractor to leave? This new experience will be worse than the first one. They might even use the interview to gain this knowledge they need for the work without offering the contract.

Oga, charge them what you are comfortable with.

Quid pro quo

Unless you don't need the money.

Any other thing is just sour grapes.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by zedegit: 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
If you leave a job because of lack of promotion you felt you deserved due to your achievements and then few years down the line the same company sets up an interview for you to come and work as contractor and you will be working with the person they gave the promotion to instead of you which made you to leave the company in the first place.

To work as contractor or contract staff?

Ogbeni you well so?

Besides did they tie your future to that company? Learn to move on.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by chxe: 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
I will accept the contract and hide information that you already know. Meaning keep all you know outside before starting
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Bullhari: 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

Will you eat your knowledge? Better collect money for what you know
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by sheDD(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

Try and state something's covertly so they won't fully understand. I don't know how you gonna do it and make a mark at that. But you can do it , you are human you have ur wits.
And keep stating firmly with all conviction you would deliver if given a shot and such opportunity could be better if given a chance to prove at the field. Hence you state your terms if they hired you.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Coinbased: 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:54pm On Feb 22, 2021
If I'm hapi wit d terms y not
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by cedricksly: 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

oga just let the money be worth it. That's all, a knowledge hoard is a knowledge death
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 23, 2021
It depends what you are going become in the company not what you will get from the company
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Fastlinkpro: 6:58am On Feb 23, 2021
I dont think you are broke because, if you are , you won't be wasting time to go for the interview.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Psoul(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

My dear, I will still take the job if the pay justifies it. It's a contract job. I will still have time to do other things.
You talked of using the opportunity to learn the job from me. Well, that was why I learned the job, to pass the knowledge to others. Let them learn and pay for the learning. Of what benefit will the knowledge do inside me when I can trade it for money?
As per getting all they need from me during the interview, it is not possible.
That is that is in me that they needed so seriously is not something they can get within a 45mins interview. Even if they want the interview to last for one full day, they can't get it. Unless if what they want is a kind of investigation where I need to give them just one or two words/info.
Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2021
Thank you all for giving your advice.

This guy's experience below was not a nice one and this is why we need to be carefull.

Supreme01:
Hello Good people,
Please help me out of depression right now.

Earlier these month, great opportunity showed up, I was to assembly foreign equipment for one big politician in my state. The architect that got the contract contacted me as an engineer, we went to the site, take the measurement, ready to kick start the work. We've negotiated the price, you know Nigerians most demand for cut, which we agreed certain percentage.

4 days to the date set for the money to be transferred, she stop picking my calls, stop answering my chat on whatsapp.

Before then she'll be calling to ask if I'll be able to fix the equipments, she'll ask me questions like; how are you going to do it, what an what will you need, how many workers will work with you etc.

The guy that connected me with her happens to be a friend. I was updating this guy on every progress. At a point this woman start passing information through this guy to me. I was wandering, why can't she call me direct.

To cut the whole story, The woman went an gather some people including the guy to do the work, after all my efforts.

Ever since I finished my training 3yrs ago, have not gotten some thing to do an this job will have being good break through for me to get my own place. My rent's about to expire, difficult to feed etc.

I've never cry my entire life like this, for the past 5days I've being indoors because no job.

I'm really depressed. I've tried every thing to get it off my mind but no way. Never had this experience.
Please pray for me.
mode please help move to front package for me.

1 Like

Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Agwaso: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2021
I will gladly do the job once they agree to my terms. Even if i have to work as a gateman, i will do it as long as they are willing to pay the right amount for my experience and capability as per industry standard.

ThePlainTruth:

Re: Would You Attend This Type Of Interview? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2021
Agwaso:
I will gladly do the job once they agree to my terms. Even if i have to work as a gateman, i will do it as long as they are willing to pay the right amount for my experience and capability as per industry standard.

Now imagine you have been doing this job for some time and you have been the only one doing this job and they are happy you are doing a great job. Then one day you see them promoting your mates and then they tell you they are going to get someone to be your senior and you will have to train that person. I can assure you that no matter the pay you are getting, you just won't feel the same again in that job. This is how it is with any job where you have put in so much and they don't value the person.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Vacancy: 'Man With Strong Face Needed' (photo) / How Neo Life Guys Frustrated My Life Today / Stanbic IBTC Interview For Experienced Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.