Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police (60531 Views)

Senator Okorocha Arrested For Unsealing Seized Hotel (video) / Governor Wike Welcomes Senator Okorocha To Brick House In Rivers State / Police: We Arrested Shina Peller For Mobilizing 50 Thugs To Attack Maroko Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Doraty1(f): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
Former Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, was arrested for breaking into the Royal Spring Palm Hotels and Apartments, the state police command has said.

SaharaReporters had reported how the state government seized the estate allegedly belonging to Nkechi, wife of the former governor.

Enyinnaya Onuegbu, the commissioner for lands, had on Friday led a team of government officials and police officers to seal the property situated along Akachi Road in Owerri, the state capital.

In response, Okorocha on Sunday stormed the facility, demanding to be allowed in but the security personnel on the ground refused to open the gate.

The lawmaker representing Imo West Senatorial District was said to have ordered his men to make way for him to enter the place and they forced the gates open.

On the orders of Okorocha, the gates were flung open and the men with him also allegedly destroyed vehicles and injured the security guards at the place.

Not long after forcibly gaining access into the property, masked police operatives led by two aides of Governor Hope Uzodinma identified as Chinasa Nwaneri and Eric Uwakwe arrived to take him away.

Also arrested were Ijeoma Igboanusi, deputy chief of staff when Okorocha was governor, and Lasbrey Okafor-Anyanwu, who was a commissioner in Okorocha’s government.

Two persons were said to have been killed while many others sustained injuries during the incident.

Speaking to journalists, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Orlando Ikeokwu, confirmed Okorocha’s arrest.

Ikeokwu said the police moved to Akachi Road when they received a distress call that the estate sealed by the state government had been forcibly opened by some men led by the senator.

Orlando said, “The command received a distress call regarding what we termed to be unrest at Royal Spring Palm Estate, and the operatives moved to the place. We discovered Okorocha led some persons to the place hitherto sealed by the Imo government.

“The command calmed the situation and invited Okorocha to come and explain why he led the violent breaking into the estate that led to damages.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/21/updated-why-we-arrested-former-imo-governor-okorocha-police

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by festacman(m): 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2021
What I don't understand is why a public servant would OPENLY (I.e not using a front) build a hotel complex and a university with Imo State money and wants to convert them to his own personal real assets.

If there are clear pieces of evidence tha Rochas Okorocha used public money to build these two heavily-funded complexes and perhaps more, why is he still fighting shamelessly?

Is Hope Uzodimma just witchhunting Rochas as part of political rivalry? Did any court of competent jurisdiction order the seizure of this properties?

Please anybody who knows the true situation should help me.

163 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by LOVEGINO(m): 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
Wahala be like hunger. E nor dey look face.

31 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by EngrMcDon(m): 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
"Two persons were said to have been killed while many others sustained injuries during the incident"

When two over fed elephants fights......... This is always the outcome

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by inoki247: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
Pishure of the two dead body or I don't believe...

If lie get word and opposite Nigeria police go be the opposite...

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by BRATISLAVA: 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2021
Must they tell why?
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
Ohanaeze ndigbo is now a shadow of itself courtesy of Imo state...

They have finally brought their bitterness in politics to Cultural organization..

Today there are two Ohanaeze presidents and both in court to determine who is the real president .

I never see

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by LikeAking: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
festacman:
What I don't understand is why a public servant would OPENLY (I.e not using a front) build a hotel complex and a university with Imo State money and wants to convert them to his own personal real assets.

If there are clear pieces of evidence tha Rochas Okorocha used public money to build these two heavily-funded complexes and perhaps more, why is he still fighting shamelessly?

Is Hope Uzodimma just witchhunting Rochas as part of political rivalry?

Please anybody who fully knows the true situation should help me.

Rochas na crook.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by efighter: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
I am a Yoruba man. I am minding my business. There are political treasury looters in Yoruba land, let me face them first before looking at our neighbors

Neighbors, I beg we sef get plenty problems here. So, we no go fit helep you..

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by festacman(m): 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
LikeAking:

Rochas na crook.

That's not the answer I am looking for because Hope Uzodimma is a crook too.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by CobraAnambra: 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
-Cobra
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Rugaria: 9:55pm On Feb 21, 2021
Osagyefo98:
Ohanaeze ndigbo is now a shadow of itself courtesy of Imo state...

They have finally brought their bitterness in politics to Cultural organization..

Today there are two Ohanaeze presidents and both in court to determine who is the real president .

I never see
Imo kee u dia..

9 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by densiks: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2021
After seeing the videos,I must say it’s unfortunate how these guys conduct themselves.

No decorum and regard for anything or anyone.

If you must embarrass yourself as a former Governor ,why not do it on the platform of contestation of ideas about development or political inclusion?

If you must embarrass a former Governor of over 8 years,why do it this way?

This will come back to hurt the state in one way or the other.

18 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Elixirsblog: 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2021
u did it because someone behind the scenes paid you to. we understand how the bloody govt work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by McAausim: 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
angry
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by jaxxy(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
As a governor did okorocha ever arrest hope? Let’s be guided.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by BaddieKay(f): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
grin cheesy I can't stop laughing at the look on Rochas face when he was taken away. They should've put him on cuffs

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Marvieduke(f): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
Okorocha showing the thuggery in him.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by GIANTPLUSHUB: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
Mheen
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by sammyj: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
If He Okorocha had done better by providing good governance rather than play politics during his tenure, the people of the state would have fought for him and rescued him from the current government. My advice to this current governor is to stay focus on how to provide good governance to Imo state people rather than using the state resources in fighting his enemies. This should serve as example to others for them realise what goes around comes around!! shocked shocked shocked

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Sonnobax15(m): 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
grin
If a whole ex governor can be arrested,na Cor me wey be ordinary manager for bakery

This life, nothing last forever...I mean no position last forever.....Na only God know how many people the same okorocha oppress during him time...But you see that babe wey Dem dey KARMA, that babe na bitch It doesn't leave any stone unturned...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by simple250: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
Both of them should go to Abuja... We have allot of issues to deal with
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Cromagnon: 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
LikeAking:

Rochas na crook.
which if them na saint
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Divinenwa: 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
No body is abve arrest

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Buhari's Convoy Obeying Traffic Rules. / Obasanjo, Goodluck Join Pastor Chris For Cross Over Service / Come Out To Protest On June 12 If You Think You Can—Nigerian Soldier Threatens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.