Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? (26646 Views)

First Time On A Plane Where Did You Travel To? / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by kponkedenge(m): 11:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
I flew Lufthansa from Lagos to Berlin.... Going to Shanghai... Then from Berlin to Shanghai. Spent over a day to get to Shanghai.

How about you?

31 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 21, 2021
Was heading to almighty Abuja, flying via MaxAir. Felt like I was going to the UK

95 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by BernieLee(m): 12:03am On Feb 22, 2021
Flew Uyo - Lagos via Dana in 2016.
Had this urge to throw up during takeoff. You should see how i gripped my seat, thankfully a family member sat by me and she calmed me if not everybody for know say i be newbie.
Like someone said people u meet on the plane are different than those on the bus o. Levels dey abeg.
Sadly that was my first and last but one day e go beta.

211 Likes 5 Shares

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Shellsploit: 1:17am On Feb 22, 2021
Okada Air to okearo, Matogun

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by CandyOps(m): 1:23am On Feb 22, 2021
Was from Enu to Lag.

It was a lovely experience. The landing and take off was smooth. And when the aircraft gained altitude and was literally in the clouds, you go just dey fell like Angel Micheal because the aerial view was breathtakingly stunning.

You know checking out the tiny view of the city below and wondering if any of your guys can see you fly over them.. at a time I began to take some selfies because I was seated by the window side.

Then a nasty air turbulence occured and passengers just dey echo "Jesus! Jesus!" upandan. and in my head I was thinking it wouldn't be such a bad thing to die in an aircrash lol. At least e get small swag than say Peace Mass Transit crush person for nonsense Nigerian interstates

***And again, omo!! contacts wey u do get for flights dey also different from bus own

218 Likes 8 Shares

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by kponkedenge(m): 3:49am On Feb 22, 2021
sahedorf:
Was heading to almighty Abuja, flying via MaxAir. Felt like I was going to the UK

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by kponkedenge(m): 3:51am On Feb 22, 2021
CandyOps:
Was from Enu to Lag.

It was a lovely experience. The landing and take off was smooth. And when the aircraft gained altitude and was literally in the clouds, you go just dey fell like Angel Micheal because the aerial view was breathtakingly stunning.

You know checking out the tiny view of the city below and wondering if any of your guys can see you fly over them.. at a time I began to take some selfies because I was seated by the window side.

Then a nasty air turbulence occured and passengers just dey echo "Jesus! Jesus!" upandan. and in my head I was thinking it wouldn't be such a bad thing to die in an aircrash lol. At least e get small swag than say Peace Mass Transit crush person for nonsense Nigerian interstates

***And again, omo!! contacts wey u do get for flights dey also different from bus own

Lol.... All death na death bro... But thank God it wasn't your first and last.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by BigDawsNet: 7:46am On Feb 22, 2021
Interstate
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by chatinent: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
I went in and came out.

Excursion.

296 Likes 10 Shares

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Eriokanmi: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
USA and on a virgin passport in 2004. I went to school in America. It was like someone dreaming when I went for my visa appointment and the guy didn't even ask more than 2 questions, during which he was typing something on the system and writing something down on the form. That time we used to pay with valu card , no visa or Mastercard then. And my visa was approved
I got on a plane for the first time, a lufthansa which had a stop in frankfurt, we had 8-hour transit and then, boarded another flight to NYJFK. It was a new, amazing experience for me. Right beside me was a German who asked questions, very friendly a guy. He asked me to reset my clock to NY time, which I did. The guy eventually became my best oyinbo friend till date. He said he was systems engineer at New Horizons Computer Learning Centre in New York.

On getting to JFK, I was greeted by this cold which penetrated me down my marrow, I rushed back into the airport lol. In short it was fun

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by englishmart(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
mine was helicopter. It was for a rescue mission. Romeo was very sick with epidesyme parasychosis. He was dying and the only eligible hospital was 7900 miles away and we we were seriously bereft of time. I spoke to a friend of mine and requested he got us a small plane for an emergency. He replied he had no plane available but could let us have an helicopter. We gladly accepted and zoomed off. We took romeo into the ward and had him operated in his central duodenum. To God be the glory he survived. Romeo is a pretty nice dog. We love him so much.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
Abuja

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by JayCynic(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
First flight ever, I was 7 years old almost 13 years ago. Flew from Uyo to Lagos and then to Accra, can't remember the Airline we used though. We flew to visit my eldest sister in Valleyview University. I can remember mom poured oil on our heads and kept us strapped to our sits throughout the flight while other rich kids were playing and eating candy. It was my mom's first flight though. Surprisingly I didn't feel the nauseating feeling people always experience before takeoff, hell I didn't even notice the plane takeoff. My mom was tense from takeoff to arrival. But it was fun though. And God, Ghana is hotter than Nigeria

27 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Zontage: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
From Nigeria to my Village

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Cerebellum: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
I tell You bald pilot am going to UK, you dropped me in Nigeria bcoz your fuel finished

Thunda go fire you o pilot Anayogrin

5 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by kessiah: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
Travelled from Uyo (Akwa Ibom) to Lagos via Air Peace
It was a smooth ride, but mehn, I pray tire, in short at a point I started speaking in tongue, the fear no be here oo.
It was a night flight, from 8:30pm - 9:40pm, but we took off about 10 minutes before time and it did not last up to an 1:10 minutes because we touched down at 9:24pm.
We are asked to switch off our phones, so it was boring at a time, thank God I was with my laptop and I started coding, before I knew it, we are already in Lagos.
When we gained altitude, at a point, it was as if the plane is no longer moving, everything was still, and if I look through the window, it was just one red light I was able to spot, and it was not moving fast, that is when fear set in, in my mind, are you sure this flight is actually moving or it just hang, though after sometime, the captain introduced himself and said by our right is Benin city and we are flying at 34,000 feet above sea level.
The beauty of the flight is when we got to Lagos, you could see street lights, car headlights, and other light, it was a beauty to behold, I ON my phone to capture the site, but the Air hostess asked us to switch it off because at that point, they must Off the lights in the flight, so the phone light will show and everybody will know that you On your phone,.
It was fun,

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by mattfeuter(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
2007 UAE

Flew Lagos to Dubai via Qatar airways.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Icyexpressions: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
Dreamland, I have never been to airport before.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by THURAFTERNOON: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
team #INeverEnterPlaneBefore cheesy cheesy

64 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Arry110(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
Xx
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Neowanskywalker: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
White house. Biden inaguration. Am the tall black guy in d inaguration pic
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by DaddyGngeess(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
Africa to Europe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by LoudLord(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
cool
High way
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
Excursion
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Offpoint1: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
Sorry I don't do planes... Water transportation is my favourite. Speedboat specifically. I love it when it's on high speed on a mid-trouble sea with huge waves.................goshhhhhh it's heaven

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by BigDawsNet: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
Interstate

LOS to ABJ Return flight

50mins flight was like 2sec grin

I wanted more ....

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Update::kano Kofar Ruwa Beautiful Underpass / 2 School Children Crushed To Death At New Market In Ijebu Ode (graphic Photos) / Is It Only Those That Did Science Related Courses That Get Jobs Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.