Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? (25218 Views)

Hey! It’s More Constructive Ways To Raise A Child Than Beating And Yelling! / 'I Will Rather Be Without A Child Than Have Only Girl Kids' - Nigerian Man / "Parents!, Never Show Much Love To A Child Than The Rest!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
It is obvious that people do not know the meaning of culture, that aside, I believe that it is better to raise them there, herd mentality which is almost as old as civilisation itself (several philosophers have tackled this issue) is something that can be found all over the world, even here in Africa back then elders still nagged about children of today, so it isn't new. Teach your children to stand their ground when their values are challenged, teach them the rule of live and let live, teach them to respect others, teach them what is right and wrong and explain to them when necessary why something is right or wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by geraob1: 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
CandidNotes:
Africa is better, BY FAR. In the West, you gain the whole world but you are 99% likely to lose your soul. In Africa you lose the world but keep your soul.

This is a very reta*ded statement. Try and process your thoughts properly before stating them.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by adexpa(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
I don't think it is necessary to return a child back to Africa before getting the best out of them. We have well mannered guys raised in the West today, the major work lies with the parents; parents needs to be there to guide and groom them.....it takes a well mannered/trained/educated parents to raise a well mannered child, many parents do not have enough information/education to raise good child.
One can only bring him/her home occasionally to see how things are being done. Going through hardship is not necessary a ticket to a good child. Many great America leaders were raised there and they turned out great.

2 Likes

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by WoundedLamb: 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

What does an adult African man have to fear from his parents or elders? It's not about fear, but it's ingrained. For example, I could never consider abandoning my parents in a home for the elderly, and not because I'm afraid of them, or my community, but because I know inwardly that it's wrong. Western culture does not engender any attachment to parents or resect for elders, and in fact, provides children with an opportunity to be indisciplined.

Acting in community expectation can always be defined as being caged. But if it really was, then we should consider drug dealers, robbers, kidnappers and murderers as the more pragmatic individuals who have become independent of the 'societal cage'. Disrespect for parents and other elders may not be criminal, but it's morally wrong...which is why society condemns it, just as it condemns other anti social behaviour.

True this.

Let me exclude parents cause we all love our parents. An African who respects his elders at any age could still be said to fear what people would if he does otherwise. An African who respects his boss is choiceless. I appreciate respect if it's given when there's no implication of doing otherwise. How do Africans treat uber drivers, employees, the artisans, the poor ones, etc? How do Africans treate women? How do Africans address people when they're in charge? Brother, I do not think Africans respect fellow humans half as much people do out here.

As for societal cages, those who do drugs aren't pragmatic and it's not fair to use them as examples of people free of societal cages cause many of them are from Nigeria where these societal cages are strong. It can be argued that they do these to meet up with societal expectations of what people of their ages are expected to have or be doing at that stage. So it might still burn to down societal cages. Breaking away from societal cages doesn't mean you'd become wayward. It means you'd become fearless in pursuing your goals: study what you want, marry when you want and whom you want, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by WoundedLamb: 6:44pm On Feb 22, 2021
Aboguede:

I have read most of your comments on this topic and I am also in the western world too but like I said b4 a cow can not bear an elephant!

You give what u have. Environment is what u make of it., the entire world is the same.

Ciao
Ok. Thanks.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by etrange: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2021
ekerintee:
I stay in Europe and will Tell you that , a child born in Nigeria is smarter than a child born abroad at the Initial Stage of Life .maybe along the Line ,its Reverse .Most africa Parent especially Nigerians are busy running after Money and dont teach their Kids value ,this Kids tend to follow the Western Kids ,badly influenced .This Kids can call Police for their Patents ,they are spoilt Brat.For busy Parent,the best place to train a child is africa .but Parent WHO have time ,abroad May be Beter .This Kids are taught Western culture in school,they are told they have right to call Police ,you cant shout on them when they are wrong ,they Report you to the authorities.unless a Parent WHO have time to train this Kids .They are bound to be Bad Kids,the Life abroad is hard for Most african Parent who are struggling to survive .You Guys May Not Unserstand how busy some people are working 12 hours or more in a day,going Back Home tired .so Tell me how this Kids wont be Bad .in Nigeria ,any Body can coreect or Help u train a child ,but abroad ,No one .so that is my View
I live in Canada and I think African parents don't need to send thier kids home. The parents are African enough for the kids. I appreciate your point nevertheless.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by etrange: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2021
Godbpraised:
This is my take, i feel that it would be better to bring the child up in Africa at his/her formative ages, once he attains age 17 or 18 years send him back to the West. That way he/she would appreciate what you have done as a father or mother.
Interesting really.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2021
Klass99:

Okay.

@ Topic, I am undecided but something an Arab cabbie in the UK said to a friend has stuck with me.

He said, in all his time of being a cabbie conveying people/families around, he noticed that kids of indians and asians, held on to their cultural values, tend to be respectful and not easily influenced or carried away by the negative aspects of Western culture.

However, when it came to us Africans (he specifically mentioned Nigeria and other African countries) he noticed our kids tend to be disrespectful, eager to embrace the negative aspects of western culture and discard theirs, while the parents seem overwhelmed and at a loss on how best to handle their own kids.

He went on to narrate an interaction between a son and a mother in his cab of Nigerian origins that enraged him and broke his heart at the same time, but he stayed out if it. The boy was being extremely rude to his mother to a point where she became teary and all.

I truly don't know which climate is better for raising kids, but that cabbie's observations was or is food for thought. I like what the person above me (etrange) said particularly in her last sentence

Just a remark you know that there are kids raised in Nigeria that beat up their parents? Also in UK the Asian youngsters are one of the most deviants. Drugs sex ring etc.

It is complex and not so easy it is neither here nor there.

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by BigDawsNet: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Your last paragraph grin

I didn't mean spoilt in that sense though. I meant "posh".

Talking about respect, do you think a grown up Nigerian is more respectful to fellow humans than a grown up Canadian? I would say no (just my opinion). Africans only respect elder or bosses or guardians or anyone superior to them. And that's because respect in Africa is mostly out of fear. Asides from these people they fear, they couldn't care less about others. Whereas a Canadian employer respects everyone including the gateman. That's because respect to them isn't forced, it's generally believed that everyone deserved it. We have deviants but don't let Hollywood deceive you, kids here don't necessarily grow into miscreants.

Well not all kids in the States are disrespectful, I based in California. Kids here are not rough or stubborn...they fellow instructions.

Tho some are expose to alcohol and other ddrugs have issue following parent orders..

The parents only make sure they never lack

When it's time for them to get a car, they support them right away..

And also provide full attention especially for the females
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by druxlazu: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2021
Nigeria and Black Africa is the worst place to raise a child.

Nigeria is the abode of the Devil and the underworlds.

Nigeria is the home to deluded and superstitious with no civilization.

Nigeria is home to barbarians.

You can still decide to raise your child in Nigeria because it's your goddamn choice but that will tell if you are stupid if you had the opportunity to raise a child in a civilized world but choose to raise your child in the darkest part of the world "Black Africa".
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:

True this.

Let me exclude parents cause we all love our parents. An African who respects his elders at any age could still be said to fear what people would if he does otherwise. An African who respects his boss is choiceless. I appreciate respect if it's given when there's no implication of doing otherwise. How do Africans treat uber drivers, employees, the artisans, the poor ones, etc? How do Africans treate women? How do Africans address people when they're in charge? Brother, I do not think Africans respect fellow humans half as much people do out here.

As for societal cages, those who do drugs aren't pragmatic and it's not fair to use them as examples of people free of societal cages cause many of them are from Nigeria where these societal cages are strong. It can be argued that they do these to meet up with societal expectations of what people of their ages are expected to have or be doing at that stage. So it might still burn to down societal cages. Breaking away from societal cages doesn't mean you'd become wayward. It means you'd become fearless in pursuing your goals: study what you want, marry when you want and whom you want, etc.

No. In western culture, many don't love their parents. They feel zero responsibility towards them once they turn 18 and sometimes run away from home well before that.

And Africans are not always choiceless about respect. An adult will naturally help a random elderly person carry his/her bags. The thing with respect though, is that it's usually given to elders and betters, true, and expected from the young and less well placed; where it is only reciprocated if it is given. In western culture, people are equally bound by litigation and rules to behave well in public, and not all whites are polite...far from it.

Yes, many Nigerians do drugs, as fo whites, but no Nigerian does it Infront of his parents or elders, out of respect. And it's not fear; after all what can an aged parent do to him? Cane him?

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by etrange: 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You have been brainwashed. The worst scammers are actually in the western world and not from Africa.

You should have stopped at inventiveness. You are the one joining them to stereotype your Africa because that is the part they have brainwashed you into seeing same way they brainwashed you into seeing all the niceties in the west and not the horrors of their system.

I live in Canada and almost everyday, I receive calls from fraudulent Indians and Africans. So please, I don't need anyone to tell me about the experience I'm living. There's a strong tie between poverty and crime, no sentiments.

Not stereotyping isn't denying statistics or personal experiences. Not stereotyping is just abstaining from profiling everyone based on thier origin.

Thanks.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by etrange: 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
Christistruth00:

When I was in Boarding School some of my 12 year old Class mates travelled from Maiduguri , Bauchi , Kano and Kaduna to Ibadan unaccompanied.

Can you try that now without the Child going missing?

How things have changed.

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 22, 2021
ekerintee:
I stay in Europe and will Tell you that , a child born in Nigeria is smarter than a child born abroad at the Initial Stage of Life .maybe along the Line ,its Reverse .Most africa Parent especially Nigerians are busy running after Money and dont teach their Kids value ,this Kids tend to follow the Western Kids ,badly influenced .This Kids can call Police for their Patents ,they are spoilt Brat.For busy Parent,the best place to train a child is africa .but Parent WHO have time ,abroad May be Beter .This Kids are taught Western culture in school,they are told they have right to call Police ,you cant shout on them when they are wrong ,they Report you to the authorities.unless a Parent WHO have time to train this Kids .They are bound to be Bad Kids,the Life abroad is hard for Most african Parent who are struggling to survive .You Guys May Not Unserstand how busy some people are working 12 hours or more in a day,going Back Home tired .so Tell me how this Kids wont be Bad .in Nigeria ,any Body can coreect or Help u train a child ,but abroad ,No one .so that is my View

Again and again it has been proven that violence does the opposite in raising a child.

If a parents is not abusive and are firm with their kids I don't see the need for the child to call police.

That aside you said African kids are smarter than western children.

The world tech today are controlled by invention created by kids from the west- Facebook, WhatsApp, reddit etc can you tell us what African children within the same cohort has created for the world?

Fear and the way we raise kids in Africa kills creativity. I think raising a child should be engaging and they need to allow to explore their creative sides at a very young age.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
etrange:

I live in Canada and almost everyday, I receive calls from fraudulent Indians and Africans. So please, I don't need anyone to tell me about the experience I'm living. There's a strong tie between poverty and crime, no sentiments.

Not stereotyping isn't denying statistics or personal experiences. Not stereotyping is just abstaining from profiling everyone based on thier origin.

Thanks.

You receive calls because that is the level of tech they know about when it comes to fraud. The real fraudsters are deeply into high-tech fraud and they are in the west.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Lifepodcastng: 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2021
Best species are raised in the harshest environment
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by WoundedLamb: 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

No. In western culture, many don't love their parents. They feel zero responsibility towards them once they turn 18 and sometimes run away from home well before that.

And Africans are not always choiceless about respect. An adult will naturally help a random elderly person carry his/her bags. The thing with respect though, is that it's usually given to elders and betters, true, and expected from the young and less well placed; where it is only reciprocated if it is given. In western culture, people are equally bound by litigation and rules to behave well in public, and not all whites are polite...far from it.

Yes, many Nigerians do drugs, as fo whites, but no Nigerian does it Infront of his parents or elders, out of respect. And it's not fear; after all what can an aged parent do to him? Cane him?

Why an adult alone? Why an elder? Why a boss? Why a superior? Any respect given to these kind of people are given cause of what people would say. The kind of respect artisans, employees, younger ones, and less skilled people get here, I've not seen in Africa. When I say fear, it doesn't mean anyone will be flogged. It's just that they worry about how they'd be perceived.

I don't know where you get the impression that people don't love thier parents out here. Maybe it's a matter of the country where you live. An only child whose job involves traveling around has the option of getting a help for the aged parents or lodging them in care homes when he's not around. And people do both. Some age people don't have kids and the government takes care of them. These don't imply people don't love their parents. Family comes first everywhere.

My grand point is, Africa isn't necessarily a better place to raise a child who will still live a good deal of his in America. Children are better of raised in the region where they'd live so that their personal experiences can come handy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2021
Africa is the best place to raise your kids only when it comes to morals, but when it comes to Education and exposure the western world is better.
But as an African living in the western world its very important to bring your kids back home once in a while so they can be grounded and understand their purpose in life, cause a lot of African kids raised in western world today have messed up priorities and less vision because lack of guidance, no uncles, aunties, family relatives just Mom or Dad sometimes single parents which is even worst.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Cocao(f): 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
The culprit for Nigerians abroad raising indiscipline kids boil down to the mentality of "my child must not suffer what I suffered". There is a stark difference between suffering and providing the necessary tools for your child to thrive and dominate in their environment. Some of those skills are coated in "suffering experiences" which inadvertedly makes some Nigerians believe that you cannot separate sufferings from skills.

The good news is that, you can. You can isolate and teach your children those pertinent skills that can help them succeed no matter where they are. So, not every time my child must not suffer but use your sense to teach them right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by ekerintee: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2021
I Said If you are a busy Parent WHO dont have time to raise Kids ,naija is best option.its Not about Location ,its about Parent having time to train their Kids at Home .These Kids are taught good and Bad Things at school.you need to have time to Tell them what is right .its Not about being violent to Kids at Home .when your child get badly influenced at school and you try to coreect him at Home .They are told to call Police If their Parent shout on them ,am Not talking of Beratung,when your child says He want to do Things His own Way and you cant Tell him No,Check those Kids that are born abroad ,raise abroad ,their parents Had time for them .whether White or black or naija or abroad,when you dont have time for your Kids ,they Turnout Bad to the society.if you dont raise your Kids Well in naija ,they Turn Out rascals,Same AS in abroad

slachtoffers:

Again and again it has been proven that violence does the opposite in raising a child.

If a parents is not abusive and are firm with their kids I don't see the need for the child to call police.

That aside you said African kids are smarter than western children.

The world tech today are controlled by invention created by kids from the west- Facebook, WhatsApp, reddit etc can you tell us what African children within the same cohort has created for the world?

Fear and the way we raise kids in Africa kills creativity. I think raising a child should be engaging and they need to allow to explore their creative sides at a very young age.

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by etrange: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You receive calls because that is the level of tech they know about when it comes to fraud. The real fraudsters are deeply into high-tech fraud and they are in the west.

I respect your POV. But I can only speak based on personal experiences.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Klass99(f): 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2021
smiley
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by ekerintee: 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2021
I See some Young Kids Here,Smoking and doing Weed AS early AS 12.Children of nowadays are inquisitive ,u need to give them Close marking .When Parent are too busy and leave their responsibility to teachers,then whatever the teacher teach them ,its what they become .If their teacher teach them ,there is No God ,and you dont Tell them about God ,then they believe there is No God. If their teacher believe that everyone can decide to be Gays and homo and you dont Tell them its against Our culture ,then dont be suprise If they Turn Out gay.thanks for your contribution,i think behaviour of Kids raise differ from country to country.some Kids in Europe dont have opportunities like in canada or America ,some of them are discrimanated in school ,some are told in school they cant make be useful because they are black .If you are too busy to coreect this wrong Things they Tell them,then the child is affected negatively.God bless u

etrange:

I live in Canada and I think African parents don't need to send thier kids home. The parents are African enough for the kids. I appreciate your point nevertheless.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
Klass99:

No way! I suspected you were male but my very biased mind thought, only a woman can make such an intelligent comment grin
God!
This is the dumbest comment I've read on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Prince001(m): 7:26pm On Feb 22, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Yes, Nigeria is a good place if you are rich

We have couple of reserved area for the rich and wealthy in Lagos ,Abuja

This kids live a foreign life in Nigeria

They have access to everything you can have access to in abroad while inn nigeria
They are fresher than kids in North America

Yea but at then end they become heartless people thru politics and all.
If we think we better at raising child in Naija why do we have all those heartless leaders in Naija? Are they all not raised in Naija by Naija parents and our culture?
Make we look ourselves for mirror ooo
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
etrange:

I respect your POV. But I can only speak based on personal experiences.

Then next time you write always indicate that THIS IS YOUR PERSONAL OPINION and do not make sweeping comments because of us find this offensive when people use their personal experiences to stereotype everyone else.

Crime is high in the west same with drug abuse and gang life as well as all forms of sexual immorality but to you, you chose to slam Africa because of the low level frauds done here in the face of all the other vices you deliberately shut your eyes to which are happening in the west.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
etrange:

Hahaha! Wow!

I'm actually happy to know Nairaland women still have thier self esteem up there despite the way they are ridiculed onhere by thier male counterparts.
Omo, you're the dumbest guy here on Nairaland
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by ekerintee: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
You See the Trend nowadays are single parents,Most of this Kids from single parents are Not being taught Well at Home .appplogies to the good single Parent .i must say there are some single mothers WHO train their Kids Well ,however some dont have time for this Kids .so in conclusion,Not the Location Matters but the Parent or whoever is Training the child .A badly trainned child in Nigeria is almost Same AS a badly trainned child in Europe .however ,some children ,No Matter how hard you train them,they May still Chose to Go Bad,that one is beyond your Power ,but God and everyone knows you did your best

adexpa:
I don't think it is necessary to return a child back to Africa before getting the best out of them. We have well mannered guys raised in the West today, the major work lies with the parents; parents needs to be there to guide and groom them.....it takes a well mannered/trained/educated parents to raise a well mannered child, many parents do not have enough information/education to raise good child.
One can only bring him/her home occasionally to see how things are being done. Going through hardship is not necessary a ticket to a good child. Many great America leaders were raised there and they turned out great.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by etrange: 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Then next time you write always indicate that THIS IS YOUR PERSONAL OPINION and do not make sweeping comments because of us find this offensive when people use their personal experiences to stereotype everyone else.

Crime is high in the west same with drug abuse and gang life as well as all forms of sexual immorality but to you, you chose to slam Africa because of the low level frauds done here in the face of all the other vices you deliberately shut your eyes to which are happening in the west.

I wasn't stereotyping, read my message again. I can't stereotype myself. I said "are known for". Which means the perception of the vast majority. That's not a lie and that's not stereotyping. Like I said, I wouldn't profile anyone based on where they come from cause we have good people and bad people everywhere. I made that bit known. You're getting unnecessarily emotional. I gave an example of a general perception that contradicts the guy's mindset.
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Godbpraised: 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
Poor analysis, A few bad eggs out of several millions. Your reasoning sha hmmmmmmmmmmm
lefulefu:
People like Lawrence Anini,Hushpuppy and other groups grew up in africa and nigeria in particular as kids
The areaboys,weed smokers,agbero all grew up in africa
but look how they ended up
Body tatoos dont determine wether a person will be evil
what of kids who grew up as responsible adults in the west
what can u say about that?
Obama never grew in africa but he made something with his life
Responsible parenting is not an african thing
Any parent weda african or white or asian would want his or her child to walk the right part
but then we have irresponsible parents
they are in nigeria too

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
etrange:

I wasn't stereotyping, read my message again. I can't stereotype myself. I said "are known for". Which means the perception of the vast majority. That's not a lie and that's not stereotyping. Like I said, I wouldn't profile anyone based on where they come from cause we have good people and bad people everywhere. I made that bit known.

You said NIGERIANS are known for. That is stereotyping
Re: Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? by etrange: 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You said NIGERIANS are known for. That is stereotyping

That's not stereotyping. Nigerians are known for scamming. We all know this. That's why we get harassed at the airports, etc. Others may have more scammers but that's not what they're known for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf / Share The Most Hilarious Questions Your Child Has Ever Asked U.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.