Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract (16251 Views)

FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria / 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 / Siemens Begins Work On 25,000MW Project As FG Approves Pre-engineering Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by Kayberg: 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2021
IMASTEX:

As always

Just hoping we keep hearing about the work as ongoing…. if this will not be the last time we'd hear about it; and it becomes another abandoned project for another government to still re•award, and the cycle continues.

1 Like

Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by zoedew: 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
Just buy a generator!
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by padi94(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
The pre-engineering aspect will include engineering design works, specifications for onshore installation, commissioning works for the transmission and distribution systems, network development studies, power simulation, training, and support services.

Over 6billion for using software on top laptop to design the power plant.
You want train who? I thought we have engineers in this country, why spend alot to retrain them again. Manual labour need training again??

Siemens that has been indicted for corruption 8n many countries. Same 2020 US indicted them for being the most corrupt energy company. Na still then Nigeria hire pay 6 billion to use wet palm before them start project.

God na your hand we dey o
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by nkiliuzo(m): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
super story
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by mikeapollo: 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2021
Impossible!!!
Nigeria does not have the infrastructure to carry or accommodate 25,000MW in six years! And we cannot put the infrastructure in place in six years!
All lies and wishful thinking!!
It will take a minimum of 15-20 years to achieve 25,000mMW
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by mrjojo: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2021
Do you know America currently generate a total of 1,440,000MW of electricity for roughly 350Million of it citizen and Nigeria a country of almost 200 million is barely generating up to 10,000MW, this is beyond shameful. at this rate, It will take Nigeria almost 100 years or more to generate even 100,000MW
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by AFONJACOW(m): 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
All these sign sign Dem dey sign since 29AD , nothing to show for it ... Ndi Ara
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by contigiency(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
For the first time since 1999 that government of Nigeria is taking several bold initiatives to revamp every aspect of our infrastructure. That's why the enemies of the country are not relenting in sponsoring every manner of insecurity problems to tarnish the image of the government.
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by nograv: 5:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
How many times do we need to hear of various projects to deliver water, power or rail?

Why cant we have competent government that delivers?

Come 2023, we need to elect fresh faces that are not affiliated with either APC or PDP (preferably of Southern Christian extraction)
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by contigiency(m): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2021
mrjojo:
Do you know America currently generate a total of 1,440,000MW of electricity for roughly 350Million of it citizen and Nigeria a country of almost 200 million is barely generating up to 10,000MW, this is beyond shameful. at this rate, It will take Nigeria almost 100 years or more to generate even 100,000MW

Nigeria don't need that number of megawatts as America to sufficiently supply power to her citizens. Look at the level of light we are having even with the little megawatts we have. What we seriously need is the infrastructure in the supply chain, not just generation. If not, no amount of generation will serve us well without the supply side working efficiently. And that's part of the deal with Siemens. Just look at the problem in Texas America for several days now, complete darkness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by vikiphy89(m): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
merits:
grin
Chai e get as e be o

1 Like

Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by contigiency(m): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
nograv:
How many times do we need to hear of various projects to deliver water, power or rail?

Why cant we have competent government that delivers?

Come 2023, we need to elect fresh faces that are not affiliated with either APC or PDP (preferably of Southern Christian extraction)

Oga, projects of this nature is not the same thing as building website and designing company logo. Feasibility studies and pre-engineering phase take a long time, and they are usually part of the project duration. The most important thing is that it's not being abandoned as we had with the other party for 16 years. So have patience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by merits(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2021
vikiphy89:

Chai e get as e be o

Lol....
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by COMPAQ(m): 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
TheRareGem1:

https://punchng.com/25000mw-deal-fg-siemens-sign-pre-engineering-contract/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1613970834

Six years will come and go and then Nigeria will still be producing 5000MW. I wonder who it was that swore for this country! Whoever it is though, his jazz is strong.
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by avidleo: 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
Says Uche from Ngbuka Obosi

seankafor:
This project is fast looking like a white elephant project

Like this is taking ages to even start the ground breaking?
Wtf is the snail pace movement for? undecided
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by dederocs(m): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
I hope they run it well, it will boost the power sector, we need to spend more money on capital projects like this. I hope they work out modalities, so the banks guarantee payments, all through the tenure of the contract/project, so politics and politicking don't stall it.
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by Enyimbamercedes: 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2021
They’ll name the power plant Abba Kyari Power Project since this was what killed him
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by 36STATES: 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2021
How many times have we signed this particular deal with Siemens in the past? This is nothing but scam. The report said over 8 billion has already been paid from the counterpart funding from Nig government. This will be the end of the story, till another signing in 3 years.

Any serious government will be engaging the Chinese, not Germans because of cost.
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by jesmond3945: 6:07pm On Feb 22, 2021
MasterRahl:
angry

I can't remember the number of agreements and contracts that the Federal Government has signed since returning to civilian rule in 1999. But then, let's see how things will go.

Bubu and Co. should make the Late Abba Kyari proud. I hear he contacted COVID-19 while in Germany to seal this electricity deal.
is abba kyari minister of power?

1 Like

Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by kayusely70(m): 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2021
Good Initiative
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by nograv: 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
contigiency:

Oga, projects of this nature is not the same thing as building website and designing company logo. Feasibility studies and pre-engineering phase take a long time, and they are usually part of the project duration. The most important thing is that it's not being abandoned as we had with the other party for 16 years. So have patience.

Spare me, what various useless nigerian governments have failed to achieve, the likes of UAE, Oman, China, Singapore, South Korea and Japan have been able to achieve.

Stop excusing poor leadership.. Add to the fact bar the initial two, none have been blessed with resources like Nigeria..

There is no excuse..
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by Earnerbitcoin: 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
Another sham
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by fabolouz1(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
Any President that can guarantee at least 20 hours per day of energy supply nationwide can rule till dies and I won't be bothered.
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2021
jesmond3945:
is abba kyari minister of power?
No he wasn't. But he was involved in most state functions while alive.
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by AsomughaChuks02: 6:44pm On Feb 22, 2021
What does northern Nigeria contribute to this country economically apart from herdsmen killings and parasitism?

1 Like

Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by jesmond3945: 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
MasterRahl:
No he wasn't. But he was involved in most state functions while alive.
yea he overstepped his bounds and caught coronavirus
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by tobstarizhia(m): 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2021
I remember when they signed one with one German company like that. nothing came out of that. yet another audio contract.
Re: 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract by bankylan: 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2021
You have not said anything about this project. It is better to read about it and understand what it entails before you attack it. I am one of the critics of this government and this is one project I am also very interested in and I personally know the Chief Technical officer to the FG on this project. The project is being funded partly by FG and German govt. Covid caused a delay, hence timelines have changed. The goal is to increase our generating, transmitting and distributing capacity to 25GW in like 7 years. It is on 3 phases with phase 1 starting this Feb. There is a SPV overseeing the project thus making it to last beyond this government. I am remotely involved as I am presently doing analysis of collections and remittance since 2015 till date so that we can compare results after interventions such as this. It is the only pathway for improved electricity supply in Nigeria. Electricity is very complicated tuanany of us think. The Engineering of it is for the best who understand power system. The economics of it is very complicated that even with my years of understanding electricity Markets, I am still learning. We don't have professionals that understand power system in Nigeria and this is why we don't have light. The liquidity problem being experienced in NESI attests to this fact. We only see wires and poles, but men in advanced economies, there is derivative trading in electricity. As we transits to a competitive retail electricity market, we need Siemens to expand our infrastructure for us. It is not cheap. It costs an average of 1m USD to produce 1 MW. So, we need foreign investments. So much to say, but let me stop here. But if you feel you understand Power very well, let's engage here.

Zico5:
Imagine this nonsense. embarassed can anything good ever come from this government. You are planning for 25000MW when the time is already up. Who will fund it and how will this come to reality when u couldn't even do anything when you supposed to start. Awon were, they thought everyone is almanjiri that they can deceive as they like. They are bidding for unrealistic project when we are sure nothing will eventually come out of it. Thunder fire all Una.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-Party: PDP In Dilemma Over Wike, Others / Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram / Ninth House Of Reps status: APC Has 211 Members, PDP 111- Punch newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.