Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (50732 Views)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud? / Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Burgerlomo: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
Because of the too many farm tool out there that ain't loyal.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Givaxy: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
Vickym1:

Lol
Contact me on WhatsApp
Zero nine zero three zero zero eight three one four seven
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by chrismorg00101(m): 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2021
i really don't understand this thread because every Saturday event centres are choked with weddings.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by mezico96(m): 9:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
Vickym1:
grin grin grin
I dey hail oo
I kaka-kant kum ed kee mysef grin
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Vickym1(f): 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
mezico96:

I kaka-kant kum ed kee mysef grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by badonkadonk: 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
Warripikine:
Is it just lack of money or is it a case of no virtuous women out there?
You people should tell me ooo, cos ayam not understanding today's men anymore..
Is Marriage now a death sentence or what?

It's both
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Warripikine: 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
badonkadonk:

It's both
ok sire
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by cococandy(f): 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2021
Another day another lamentation thread by an NL dood

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ComeToJesus: 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2021
In Psychology, B=F(S).
Behaviour is a function of situational factors.

The economic situation is a huge factor. The financial state of many young men in Nigeria is terribly appalling. Nothing more!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by badonkadonk: 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

How do men expect to find genuine women when they themselves can't learn to stay with one woman in a relationship?

So not true
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2021
Though money is inclusive. But ladies are making search difficult for guys .

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by vickydevoka(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2021
pocohantas:
Definitely a Nairaland problem. A romance section problem to be very specific, which makes it dismissible as the boys in this age group are not even the target for any reasonable woman who wants to settle down.

I have contributed towards 4 weddings in my team from Jan till date. With two newborns from last year’s wedding. We are even begging them to chill, make them pay next month before anybody drops another one. Right now in my hand bag, there is an IV from my hairdresser.

Men and women that want to get married, get married and every week too. If you like, let them be deceiving you online. When they are ready, they’ll quietly marry and shut up when topics like this come up.

pocochant my person. your confident is out of the world
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by beyondPen(m): 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
Liposure:
Becos the number of wife materials is unproportional to the number of suitors.

True talk!

But there are still wife materials out there.

Except the op can't spot them.

Once men are ready for marriage you will have them go through series of screening to find your wifey.

Don't have the notion of " No better woman out there ", Guys they are out there.

Work on yourself intellectually and financially you will no they exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by overseasnbeyond: 10:09pm On Feb 22, 2021
The ultimate is to be in charge of your home financially.
vickydevoka:

they only Women that can tell me money is not de problem, are Women that already have money or are employed

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Givaxy: 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
Vickym1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Your future husband is waiting for you on WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by SolarEdge: 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2021
Great thread
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by od501: 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Pass me with that archaic, misogynistic thinking, will you?

It hurts, the truth really hurts. But you have to except it nevertheless.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by franchasng: 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
Warripikine:
The number 1 reason many guys (in Nigeria) are kind of marrying late or losing interest in getting married unlike before is financial difficulty due to mass graduate and non-graduate unemployment and underemployment.

Followed by:
- civilisation; which has made life all about seeking for fun and perfection in the opposite sex, which leaves many guys feeling lonely and unlucky because they are searching for what does not exist lol.

- feminism; this is supposed to be an advantage, but in Nigeria, its creating a conflict between the Nigerian culture and the western culture - which way to go......the ladies want feminism when they need favor and don't want feminism when family/financial responsibilities come, this has created a serious conflict between the opposite sex in Nigeria.

- Social Media and Internet Technology - this ought to be an advantage but it has made people, especially the females to develop unrealistic expectations of who a supposed or qualified partner/spouse should be like and what he should worth materially, causing many ladies to look down and turn down guys within their league while daydreaming to click guys above their league via the internet, and this leads to delay and having unrealistic expectations.

The downside of this is that it has discouraged many guys from settling down as they struggle to become that man most ladies have unrealistically set their greedy-materialistic eyes on.....causing the men to marry late or even shun it completely

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by drLammy(m): 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
Because the modern woman is now the man
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by berrystunn(m): 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
BadRadio:
marriage is not for Africans... even the op confirmed it using two white lovely birds

Go and hide
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by monex(m): 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2021
Marriage, in today's world, does not hold the appeal it used to.

Religion and our old conservative tradition is what still hold that institution and this will likely change in the coming years.

People still marry and quite a lot but the drive appeal and interest is diminished.

The need for kids though has not quite diminished at the same rate as marriage so you see a lot of people marry for the sake of kids and when kids are already there, they don't bother getting married anymore.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by bukatyne(f): 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
Marriage ceremony happens every weekend.

If they are the best fit is another discussion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by pocohantas(f): 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2021
cococandy:
Another day another lamentation thread by an NL dood

I don’t know why they are the ones always crying about lacking interest. Whereas na them monitor single ladies and divorcees pass.

Feels like a heavy notice-me-syndrome.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by badonkadonk: 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
FrankAkowe:

The reasons why men are not keen about settling down include the following:

1. To avoid heavy financial burden

2. It appears convenient not to settle down.

3. Nigerian ladies and in-laws' wahala can send a man to his early grave.

4. Globally, this is the trend.

5. Ladies' feminist tendencies are discouraging factor

6. What is the assurance that after all the expenses, the woman will be faithful and loyal?

Oil dey your head.. since my journey into settling my home, no woman has helped me in the journey.

All the girls I invited to come see my empty kitchen and tell me what what I need to put to make dem feel at home, they all refused to come.

9months down the line and I am glad at the progress I am making and have made in my apartment (inclusive of the kitchen I invited them to).

A woman will taunt you for the slightest of things, 1 taunted me that at the time, I didn't have TV in my room, talkless Dstv.. Another said before I borrow money from her I must date her..

My advise to all men out there, don't let any woman pressure you into doing what your power cannot carry. Hold your God tight, He never fails..

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by pacespot(m): 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
Why are women too materialistic these days? You can decipher the reason from that question

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
Warripikine:
D Bad Economy Is Not Helping Matters.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by izubext007: 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2021
warripikin , u knw say girls in this our generation most of them nal bitch , even your sister you know
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
It has always been the society.

When a drop of a yellow liquid enters a glass of water,either the taste changes or the color of the water.

Same thing happened to people. We all have been influenced by what morally wrong people had to say.

So much that no one cares about their well being anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Ilekokonit: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
Warripikine:

Smart single men are learning from the bad experience that a lot of older men have been through in the name of marriage and they don't want to end up losing all like these older men did.

Moreover, a Nigerian woman's love does not last past the time she has 2 kids for you after which she loses interest in the man and the man might as well be a bachelor again.

Having a wife or girlfriend is a zero sum game for the man. Sooner or later he will see that he has lost so much financially and in other ways especially in the lack of LASTING peace of mind a Nigerian woman causes in the mans life.

The burden of proof is now on the few good Nigerian women (if any still exist) to prove to a man they are dating that they are a permanently good woman.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
ThatFairGuy:

Your name irritates anytime I see it on NL. Can you deactivate your account please
smh, learn to mind your business sometimes,it's gives you high sperm count
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
Nobody dey lose interest na means of livelihood no dey or e no do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman Accuses Maid Of Stealing Her Husband With Charms / Man Beats His Wife, Breaks Her Lower Jaw, Damages Her Left Eye In Adamawa (Pix) / Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.