Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job (58662 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / FG Approves Grade Level 10 as the public service entry point Of BNSc Nurses / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Spartacus01: 6:05am On Feb 23, 2021
Google is your friend.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Slurity(m): 6:20am On Feb 23, 2021
They made mistake in that step offered to you for sure. Mail them back to confirm that. They only edit the name and forget to edit the step before sending to you. If they confirm its not a mistake, then run from them
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by squad1: 6:26am On Feb 23, 2021
1. Hold on to your appointment letter for now. It can be corrected if they know what they are doing.

2. If it has not been changed, no matter what happens, DONT WRITE AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER. They can use it against you if they want to be wicked.

3. All the best.

usman3688:
Hello everyone, please I need your opinion on this issues. I got an employment letter for federal government job I interviewed for last year. During the interview the panel actually told me I am way too qualified for the position they are interviewing me for to which I replied them I will take the offer as long as I can progress and grow through the ranks and they told me that they loved my reply that that was what they were expecting me to say.

Today, I received a mail containing my appointment letter and I see the gave me grade level 3 step 2. Although it is a newly commissioned government agency and I am a university graduate with about 5 years work experience. Now I am confused with the grade level I am being offered.

Secondary, I currently have another appointment letter with a private company lacated in the north east, the salary is good with allowance and the working condition is not so bad, I would have loved to take that offer but the location is not favorable to me as my family is scattered between the north west and south west so going to the north east to work will be a difficult thing for me.

I'll be glad if I could get your opinions on this, I don't know how much the Government job would pay yet.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by eROCK247(m): 6:30am On Feb 23, 2021
usman3688:
During the interview the panel actually told me I am way too qualified for the position they are interviewing me for to which I replied them I will take the offer as long as I can progress and grow through the ranks

Didn't you enquire about the grade level and salary scale before applying? Graduate should be on grade level 8...
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by ayofag(m): 6:36am On Feb 23, 2021
Did you guys read the post at all. They already said what they have to offer him is below is qualifications and he was offered 3 step 2. Level 3 is for Secondary school leavers. You can't go beyond 6 except they upgrade or do a conversion for you which most institutions rarely do. Ask around from the current staffs for advice but I will advice you to go for the North job.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by benazir(m): 6:42am On Feb 23, 2021
Please confirm the salary structure and the grade level issue
.then take it if you don't have option as their is opportunity to grow.
.don't take it if you other better option
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by frozen70(f): 6:51am On Feb 23, 2021
usman3688:
Hello everyone, please I need your opinion on this issues. I got an employment letter for federal government job I interviewed for last year. During the interview the panel actually told me I am way too qualified for the position they are interviewing me for to which I replied them I will take the offer as long as I can progress and grow through the ranks and they told me that they loved my reply that that was what they were expecting me to say.

Today, I received a mail containing my appointment letter and I see the gave me grade level 3 step 2. Although it is a newly commissioned government agency and I am a university graduate with about 5 years work experience. Now I am confused with the grade level I am being offered.

Secondary, I currently have another appointment letter with a private company lacated in the north east, the salary is good with allowance and the working condition is not so bad, I would have loved to take that offer but the location is not favorable to me as my family is scattered between the north west and south west so going to the north east to work will be a difficult thing for me.

I'll be glad if I could get your opinions on this, I don't know how much the Government job would pay yet.

That position is thr most junior level in government job

You can still accept it and progress with it

You were given under employment positions below your academic qualifications because its meant for people with just waec

Accept it and see if you will like the job then from there you can apply for upgrade after a period of time

Then if as time goes on you don't like the job, you can drop it
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by oracle224: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2021
Grade level is like the general name, there are usually different salary structures like CONTEDISS, CONHESS, COMPCASS etc. And the amount in each structure is usually not the same.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Owaincouncil: 7:24am On Feb 23, 2021
MY OPNION
I think this man got the employment by slot and not merit.
The slot available for his godfather is level 1 to 7.
Federal govt employ only with certificates
His degree certificate is far above what they can use, so they use the next certificate he possess.
Note, had it been he have NCE or DIPLOMA cert, he would have been given level 6 or 7.
This is exactly what happen to my brother about 18 to 20 years ago when taking up similar appointments in abuja.

My advice is that u start the job and after 2 years, look for a way to tender ur degree and if they don't allow then look for another job.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Ejaisky: 7:29am On Feb 23, 2021
usman3688:

Designation is Field Technician
That is a junior staff designation. You are probably employed with SSCE.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by 123huawei: 7:35am On Feb 23, 2021
It happens to my sis and she is still in a lower cadre... before you retire you might not past level 7.so it's a waste of time and you can channel your energy into another business
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by motta(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2021
That's koko my brother .
Owaincouncil:
MY OPNION
His degree certificate is far above what they can use, so they use the next certificate he possess.
Note, had it been he have NCE or DIPLOMA cert, he would have been given level 6 or 7.
This is exactly what happen to my brother about 18 to 20 years ago when taking up similar appointments in abuja.

My advice is that u start the job and after 2 years, look for a way to tender ur degree and if they don't allow then look for another job.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by tonyashburton: 7:45am On Feb 23, 2021
[quote author=LordofNaija post=99328203]
CONRAISS 3 is the equivalent of level 10
CONRAISS1 - LEVEL8
2- level 9
3- level 10[/quote
Lori iro!As a graduate he should not be placed on less than CONRAISS 07 which is equivalent to Grade 08 in other federal parastatals, ministries and departments.
CONRAISS 03 is an entry level grade for O'Level employees and it will take him a minimum of TWELVE YEARS (assuming he's promoted regularly every three years from the date of appointment) to get to CONRAISS 07 which is where he should be placed from the start.
I know what I'm talking about because I'm paid under the same CONRAISS salary scale.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by tonyashburton: 7:48am On Feb 23, 2021
obstead200:
aunty carry ur ignorance vomit for here. CONRAISS stands for consolidated research and allied institutions salary scale. They are paid almost like lecturers of higher institutions. CONRAISS 1 is equivalent of grade 7 in core civil service
It's not true.CONRAISS 03 is equivalent to Grade Level 4 in a ministry.It's an entry level position for O'Level recruitments.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Vyolet(f): 7:49am On Feb 23, 2021
obstead200:
aunty carry ur ignorance vomit for here. CONRAISS stands for consolidated research and allied institutions salary scale. They are paid almost like lecturers of higher institutions. CONRAISS 1 is equivalent of grade 7 in core civil service
You are obnoxiously ignorant, I won't engage you, go and get the Nigerian Scheme of service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by tonyashburton: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2021
Pablodtotti:
There agencies that start fro such grade level...u are placed on grade level 9...that's not a lower grade
CONRAISS 03 IS NOT equivalent to Level 09 ANYWHERE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by usman3688(m): 7:52am On Feb 23, 2021
BigMamaNaija:

My son, state the salary written on the appointment letter and everything will be clearer for proper guidance.

Salary is not stated on the appointment letter
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by ngoziwrites(f): 7:56am On Feb 23, 2021
LordofNaija:

I told him what he wants to hear nah, ask him if he isn't happy with what I told him, he clearly saw level 3, and he is asking questions wetin make I answer am nah

Really? Change this approach pls. Tell people the truth and leave! How they feel or what they choose to do after shouldn't bother u anymore.

Say the truth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by usman3688(m): 8:02am On Feb 23, 2021
Owaincouncil:
MY OPNION

Let me correct you, firstly it wasn't a slot that was given to me, I submitted my CV sometime last year and I was called for interviews 3 months after. I also have a diploma so for them to ignore my diploma and go ahead with employing me with my O level then I believe there is a problem somewhere or they just have their own pay scale or so
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:06am On Feb 23, 2021
You'll likely grow faster since its a new establishment, but if then no do paddy paddy bypass you.

Meanwhile if its an NGO that offered you their blood money salary in the NE grab am quick quick. Save money for business and 'throw in the towel'
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by merieam16(f): 8:19am On Feb 23, 2021
Accept d job....govt job is better than any private job
dont look at d level
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by LordofNaija: 8:42am On Feb 23, 2021
ngoziwrites:

Really? Change this approach pls. Tell people the truth and leave! How they feel or what they choose to do after shouldn't bother u anymore.

Say the truth!
Would you be kind enough to teach me Ngozichukwuka
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by akaahs(m): 8:46am On Feb 23, 2021
usman3688:

Actually they told me they need a degree holder or HND holder for the position.
The agency is the newly commissioned Nigeria Sugar Institute.
Y are they giving a grade of ordinary school cert??
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by babanne(m): 9:01am On Feb 23, 2021
LordofNaija:

CONRAISS1 - LEVEL8
2- level 9
3- level 10

This should be it.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by babanne(m): 9:04am On Feb 23, 2021
usman3688:

Let me correct you, firstly it wasn't a slot that was given to me, I submitted my CV sometime last year and I was called for interviews 3 months after. I also have a diploma so for them to ignore my diploma and go ahead with employing me with my O level then I believe there is a problem somewhere or they just have their own pay scale or so
Calm down. New grade level used for government workers is not what you think. I'm a government worker so I can assure you. You are not employed with O level at all. See the above post I quoted. You had better go and resume your work with the government job offer. By the way, congratulations.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Shenky(m): 9:39am On Feb 23, 2021
LordofNaija:

CONRAISS1 - LEVEL8
2- level 9
3- level 10

Nah bro! Am on conraiss 8 and that’s level 9..
Conraiss 3 on his case is level 4 for him and that shows he was employed with his 0’level certificate

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Shenky(m): 9:41am On Feb 23, 2021
usman3688:

So do u have an idea what the salary would be and what does CONRAISS mean
Conraiss is consolidated research and allied institute salary scale, consolidated means that all your allowances and emoluments are summed up together which makes up your salary..
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by RealAlubarika(m): 10:16am On Feb 23, 2021
murphyrichy:
Grade level 03 Step 2 is for O' level. You were employed with that.

You're right, he was employed as an o' level holder. The minimum grade level for a graduate who has completed NYSC is Grade Level 07 step 2.

We rise by lifting others
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by VBCampaign: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2021
usman3688:

I hope you get to see this.

I suspect that the people in charge of employment in that agency are up to no good.

I am a federal govt worker and I can state clearly that graduates are taken in at grade level 7 step 2 for the lowest. Only junior workers, SSCE holders, get grade level 3 or 4.

I will advise that you write those people back and tell them that with your qualification, you are to start with grade level 7. If they do not change it, let them keep their job. I believe that they have recruited you with a higher grade from Abuja but someone will be pocketing your money the moment, you sign in. DO NOT TAKE THE JOB.

I will advise you to take the private job. Or, get in touch with me via DM here.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2021
sadhi
usman3688:

One of our greatest undoing is fear of the unknown. Why would you settle for a government job of grade level 3 despite having a higher qualification just because you want to work easy, retire and get peanuts as pension and gratuity when you have what it takes to works in a private firm, garner lots of people experience and money, start off own your own after a while then make far more than the amount you would get as pension after many years in about 3-5 of private practice.

Oga get rid of self limiting thoughts or mediocre attitude and take the private job .
My own little advice from my personal experience

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by jacoik(m): 10:47am On Feb 23, 2021
Vyolet:

What sort of misinformation is this?
A University graduate in any federal parastatal today will either be employed with Conraiss 7 which is same as level 8 depending on the salary scale of the place.

Level 3 is for school cert holders.
don't mind him
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Tecno66: 11:04am On Feb 23, 2021
usman3688:

No be by force now, I have another job on hand that I'm yet to resume and that pays well just the location is my issue and to some extent it's secure too
Hope this is not fake. A typical letter of employment contains starting rank, grade level and salary to avoid future argument.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Citibank Nigeria Recruitment For Analysts 2017 / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.