Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (51129 Views)

Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / 'Kwara Is Fully PDP' - Bukola Saraki Says As He Storms Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 10:03am On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

so because they are public place mean they shouldn't have rules, even market have rules. and for your definition of public place.

A public place is generally an indoor or outdoor area, whether privately or publicly owned, to which the public have access by right or by invitation, expressed or implied, whether by payment of money or not, but not a place when used exclusively by one or more individuals for a private gathering or other personal purpose. The following is an example of a state law defining public places for smoking laws:

even privite school is a public place. you what are you saying
What is this one saying bayii
They should have rules but not rules to oppress female Muslims, they should put both religion into consideration when making rules

You as a Christian, will you be ok if your child is forced to wear hijab which you don't like

This western world we are, it's of no doubt that there are two main religion, that's why they take them CRK (Christian religion knowledge) and IRK (islamic religion knowledge)

So children should not be forced to pull off their hijabs

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 10:10am On Feb 24, 2021
shadeyinka:

If you have been renovating a house belonging to your landlord who collects nothing from you in return, does it now make the house yours?
Well are the church ready to take control of everything, No
Argue with your church leaders
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 10:12am On Feb 24, 2021
Kingrefreshed:

Even the Bandits and Terrorists in your area believe they're doing what is right in their own frame of mind.
No they themselves know what they are doing is wrong, that's why they go to hideouts after they do evils,

but me, i can say this anywhere anytine
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

What is this one saying bayii
They should have rules but not rules to oppress female Muslims, they should put both religion into consideration when making rules

You as a Christian, will you be ok if your child is forced to wear hijab which you don't like

This western world we are, it's of no doubt that there are two main religion, that's why they take them CRK (Christian religion knowledge) and IRK (islamic religion knowledge)

So children should not be forced to pull off their hijabs

don't they consider your Muslim sister?
is beret not good enough for head cover?

common they will start giving you more special consideration once Muslim too start giving even little consideration to non moslom, when kano moslom start considering kano non moslom as human, I guess you understand.

my child go to Islamic public school or Islamic private school for him to be force to wear hijab since hijab is part of the school uniform.

but forcing non moslom to say Islamic prayer even when the government have put an end to praying in public school is hypocrisy.

so children should be thought to respect the rules of an organization. you can't see a Christian entering mosque with his or her footwear on.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 10:20am On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

1. the churches will be glad to take total control of there properties back, ask your aregbeshola how he was disgraced, smile

2. I will advice my churches to take back their school and stop collecting government funds once the government stop funding all the Islamic schools up north and sharia legal school up north, so funny the government are using our tax to run an Islamic schools, but you won't see Christian talking about that because we are tolerant enough to overlook it.

3. where did the school said that they don't want moslom? can you show me please? hopeless hypocrite, the school principle is so accommodating enough to provide beret for your sisters to cover there head but it seems the problem is not covering there head but forcing there religion on the school.

you people hypocrite stink to the extent that some of your moslom dominated state keep destroying non moslom business and oppressing them in the name of religion yet they keep collecting revenue from beer company.

hypocrite.
The problem is now with the churches, you re just siding them ignorantly,
they are not ready to take over the schools

Now tell me a government Muslim school where students are forced to wear hijab

Southern Christians always trying to oppress Muslims because they are more exposed to education
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

The problem is now with the churches, you re just siding them ignorantly,
they are not ready to take over the schools

Now tell me a government Muslim school where students are forced to wear hijab

Southern Christians always trying to oppress Muslims because they are more exposed to education

smile, here you go again. and who told you they are not ready to take over the schools? ask your aregbeshola, he's going to tell you the full gist.

Islamic Training Centre Madalla, Suleja

Ni’imah Islamic Academy, Gbanganu, Minna, Niger State
An-nur Islamic Schools Ilorin,
Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies,Ilorin
Ansarul Islam Secondary School Ilorin.

you want me to continue?

smile, in now about region, what's your northern Muslim doing to there Christians?

well no one is oppressing any moslom in south, if you want to see oppression come to North, and if I may ask how is Christian oppressing you in the South? because they don't allow you to change there school principle right?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 10:45am On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

don't they consider your Muslim sister?
is beret not good enough for head cover?

common they will start giving you more special consideration once Muslim too start giving even little consideration to non moslom, when kano moslom start considering kano non moslom as human, I guess you understand.

my child go to Islamic public school or Islamic private school for him to be force to wear hijab since hijab is part of the school uniform.

but forcing non moslom to say Islamic prayer even when the government have put an end to praying in public school is hypocrisy.

so children should be thought to respect the rules of an organization. you can't see a Christian entering mosque with his or her footwear on.

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF

1. Is beret part of islam culture Or that of Christians?, will beret cover your neck?

2. Kano is a state and i belief you have little knowledge of secondary school government

There is something they call state law, which is next to the nation's constitution. Any state can make law that they want since it's of the knowledge of the lawmakers and citizens of that state. Lagos traffic and environmental law is different from that of ogun state, so state laws are different from state to state.
Lagos State can also agree to ban alcohol if the citizens and lawmakers wants

3 . Islamic private school is different entirely, it is run by individual for self gains and not society gain, if u take your child to an islamic private school then you have to adhere to the rules just as applied to Christian private schools.

But public schools should be different, both parties must be considered.

4. I have never heard of public schools forcing students to say islamic prayers.

But if it's true, maybe the Muslims too are forced to sing Christian song too

In fact the in my particular primary school and most schools, student are forced to sing Christian song from Monday to Thursday while just Friday is for islamic prayers

5. I never said they should not respect the rules of an organization, i said Muslims too should be put into consideration

Why would a christain enters a mosque with his shoes just as a Muslim with quran, tasbeer, and so on will not be entertained in the church

But here we are talking of public places like schools are for both religions na

You too think naaa
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

smile, here you go again. and who told you they are not ready to take over the schools? ask your aregbeshola, he's going to tell you the full gist.

you want me to continue?

smile, in now about region, what's your northern Muslim doing to there Christians?

well no one is oppressing any moslom in south, if you want to see oppression come to North, and if I may ask how is Christian oppressing you in the South? because they don't allow you to change there school principle right?
Hmmmn, if they are ready to take over why not petition the government and tell them what you want

I'm not sure of all the schools you mentioned, i can only see they are islamic names, wait, i saw islamic training center there how is islamic training center a public school bayii, though i will try make research
1. How are you sure these islamic school are government own,
2. How are you sure they don't accept Christians and are forced to wear hijab

PROVIDE EVIDENCE

They are oppressing Muslims with their biased rules
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 11:27am On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF

1. Is beret part of islam culture Or that of Christians?, will beret cover your neck?

2. Kano is a state and i belief you have little knowledge of secondary school government

There is something they call state law, which is next to the nation's constitution. Any state can make law that they want since it's of the knowledge of the lawmakers and citizens of that state. Lagos traffic and environmental law is different from that of ogun state, so state laws are different from state to state.
Lagos State can also agree to ban alcohol if the citizens and lawmakers wants

3 . Islamic private school is different entirely, it is run by individual for self gains and not society gain, if u take your child to an islamic private school then you have to adhere to the rules just as applied to Christian private schools.

But public schools should be different, both parties must be considered.

4. I have never heard of public schools forcing students to say islamic prayers.

But if it's true, maybe the Muslims too are forced to sing Christian song too

In fact the in my particular primary school and most schools, student are forced to sing Christian song from Monday to Thursday while just Friday is for islamic prayers

5. I never said they should not respect the rules of an organization, i said Muslims too should be put into consideration

Why would a christain enters a mosque with his shoes just as a Muslim with quran, tasbeer, and so on will not be entertained in the church

But here we are talking of public places like schools are for both religions na

You too think naaa

Smile,all this just to prove nothing.

1. is beret a Christian culture? last I check beret is secular and have nothing to do with any religion, so why are you asking a missionary school to adopt Islamic culture, is like asking a mosque to allow Christian to wear shoe enter mosque.

2. so kwara state is a village abi? ooh seriously tell me more.

3. oooh really and the state is permitted to have law that suppress the fundamental right of the citizens right? tell me more you hypocrite. is Lagos state trafic and environmental law oppressing anyone fundamental human right as a citizen of the country? just asking because you people are so quick to justify your oppression of non Muslim in Muslim dominated state with Lagos traffic law as if the law is against anyone fundamental right. why don't you show us any of the state law down South that's oppressing moslom fundamental right?

3. all the schools I listed previously are public school running on government fund. or what are you saying? or you are in pain because I gave you list in which you don't expect me to have? smile, you can travel to the school and check it up yourself.

4. you never heard doesn't mean it doesn't exist, is like me saying I never see a public school forcing student to remove hijab before.

you just see how myopia and hypocrite you are, so when students are force to do islamic prayer that means so school are forcing student to say Christian prayers right? TSK

you mean private schools.

5. Then what are you saying if not that your moslom should not respect the rules and regulations of host organization.

well moslom have been considered one of the reason why there is provision of beret, but you want your Islamic value to be add to the missionary's school principle then it won't work.

and so funny you only care about moslom consideration but when it comes to Christian consideration you will start shouting state laws as if in a saner country state laws is permitted to oppress fundamental human right? oops I forget moslom are not the victim so it permitted.

so mosque is not a public place? smile keep nailing yourself, I just gave you the definition of public place recently so every organization(public place) have there rules according to there principles and it meant to those that want to be under the organization to follow the rules or leave. you still miss the point, not ordinary school but missionary public schools just like the way we have command school that don't respect any religious rules( you can't wear, rosary nor hijab nor can you wear any religious culture) and we have Islamic public schools ( which only value Islamic culture).

so when you are giving your reasons considered the factors above. so you too think now.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 11:38am On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Hmmmn, if they are ready to take over why not petition the government and tell them what you want

I'm not sure of all the schools you mentioned, i can only see they are islamic names, wait, i saw islamic training center there how is islamic training center a public school bayii, though i will try make research

PROVIDE EVIDENCE

smile, you see your problem.

the government don't tell them they are having issues with the deeds and agreement that the sign in the first place, only you moslom are complaining, so why should the churches be the one to write petition? let your government complain then you will see churches writing petition just like what happen in osun during aregbesola time.

so you don't know that most of the Islamic training center in north and middle bet are government funded? smile, I guess you should try and cross river Niger and then come back here to say this.

1. I'm sure because I know them, I've been there and I saw it myself, even go to your local government secretariat and request the list of the government schools so you can confirm them. hopeless hypocrite, talking as if he didn't know they exist.

2. because the school dressing code specify that female should put on hijab, one of the reason why you don't even see a Christian applying not to talk of going but your Muslim always want to invade the Christian school as usual.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 11:43am On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

PROVIDE EVIDENCE

the government don't tell them they are having issues with the deeds and agreement that the sign in the first place, only you moslom are complaining, so why should the churches be the one to write petition? let your government complain then you will see churches writing petition just like what happen in osun during aregbesola time.

so you don't know that most of the Islamic training center in north and middle bet are government funded? smile, I guess you should try and cross river Niger and then come back here to say this.

1. I'm sure because I know them, I've been there and I saw it myself, even go to your local government secretariat and request the list of the government schools so you can confirm them. hopeless hypocrite, talking as if he didn't know they exist.

2. because the school dressing code specify that female should put on hijab, one of the reason why you don't even see a Christian applying not to talk of going but your Muslim always want to invade the Christian school as usual.

smile, bias law you say, I guess Christian should start adopting Islamic cultural so that you won't see us as bias again.

mtcheew.

abeg I no get your time again, ask your government to request that the missionary's schools should allow moslom to wear hijab and then you will see us petitioning them and collecting our properties back with the law that no religious affiliated organization should be funded by government again.
Peace.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

Yes the government are not having issues with the sch, it's the owners that are having problem with Muslims, so petition the government to collect your properties back

It's a lie those Islamic centers are not government funded

1. I can see you are a bloody lier, so you've been to

3 different states , 5 different schools, location

Bloody lier oshi

2. You're fabricating stories based on your thought

I NEED MORE CLEARER EVIDENCE
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Yes the government are not having issues with the sch, it's the owners that are having problem with Muslims, so petition the government to collect your properties back

It's a lie those Islamic centers are not government funded

1. I can see you are a bloody lier, so you've been to

3 different states , 5 different schools, location

Bloody lier oshi

2. You're fabricating stories based on your thought

I NEED MORE CLEARER EVIDENCE

you see your life, even when you don't know me or who I'm, what a shame, I thought you claim that the schools are private owned before.

well for your information you hopeless hypocrite, I was born in Oyo, school at Minna and serve in kwara state, Ilorin to be precise, I gave you the example from Niger state and Ilorin because that's where I'm familiar with but what did you do, you called me a lier just because you don't travel out of your bedroom.

so suleja is a state, no wonder you are the way you are, smile.

you want more information, go to the local government secretariat to acquire it. hopeless hypocrite.

smile, well the owners don't have problem with muslom because this is not the first time that moslom are graduating from the school after abiding with the school rules, it was the moslom that have problem with the owners, so if you hypocrite want the churches to take back there school, write the petition to your government because last I check, Christian/church are not the one coming online barking like dog the way your MUMURIC is doing. so who is now having problem with who?

well maybe you should ask your fellow head slammer up north to tell you if government are not funding islamming center in the north. hypocrite.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by JaffyJoe(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Don't try to derail the truth. The church specifically asked the government to hands off their schools in 2014. They even communicated new policies to the PTA. The government is the one not conceding to this reality. The churches can maintain their schools. ST. Joseph Primary is doing that, Eucharistic at Asa-Dam is doing that, Union Baptist is doing that. Leave the schools alone. No student can be allowed to flaunt rosaries, conduct FCS fellowship in Ansarudeen schools here, even Ilorin Grammar School, such are not permitted.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

Smile,all this just to prove nothing.

1. is beret a Christian culture? last I check beret is secular and have nothing to do with any religion, so why are you asking a missionary school to adopt Islamic culture, is like asking a mosque to allow Christian to wear shoe enter mosque.

2. so kwara state is a village abi? ooh seriously tell me more.

3. oooh really and the state is permitted to have law that suppress the fundamental right of the citizens right? tell me more you hypocrite. is Lagos state trafic and environmental law oppressing anyone fundamental human right as a citizen of the country? just asking because you people are so quick to justify your oppression of non Muslim in Muslim dominated state with Lagos traffic law as if the law is against anyone fundamental right. why don't you show us any of the state law down South that's oppressing moslom fundamental right?

3. all the schools I listed previously are public school running on government fund. or what are you saying? or you are in pain because I gave you list in which you don't expect me to have? smile, you can travel to the school and check it up yourself.

4. you never heard doesn't mean it doesn't exist, is like me saying I never see a public school forcing student to remove hijab before.

you just see how myopia and hypocrite you are, so when students are force to do islamic prayer that means so school are forcing student to say Christian prayers right? TSK

you mean private schools.

5. Then what are you saying if not that your moslom should not respect the rules and regulations of host organization.

well moslom have been considered one of the reason why there is provision of beret, but you want your Islamic value to be add to the missionary's school principle then it won't work.

and so funny you only care about moslom consideration but when it comes to Christian consideration you will start shouting state laws as if in a saner country state laws is permitted to oppress fundamental human right? oops I forget moslom are not the victim so it permitted.

so mosque is not a public place? smile keep nailing yourself, I just gave you the definition of public place recently so every organization(public place) have there rules according to there principles and it meant to those that want to be under the organization to follow the rules or leave. you still miss the point, not ordinary school but missionary public schools just like the way we have command school that don't respect any religious rules( you can't wear, rosary nor hijab nor can you wear any religious culture) and we have Islamic public schools ( which only value Islamic culture).

so when you are giving your reasons considered the factors above. so you too think now.

1. The last time i also checked berets are worn by Christian sisters especially those choirs in church

2. Kwara is a state that is why the citizens there are against the forceful removal of hijab from female Muslims, they are not okay with the rules

3. Sure the state are not permitted to have law that oppress them, did the kano citizens complain to you, is it not those foreigners who are trying to disobey their law. The real indigene and their government never complained about the law so why will a foreigner complain

But here it's the Kwara people that are complaining about the rule of removing hijab from female Muslims, and that's why they lock the schools

4. Are you dumb, i said all students are forced to make Christian prayers from Monday to Thursday and left just Friday for islamic prayers. Can't you see that the schools are in Favour of Christians

Ok if you say they force Christians to say islamic prayers, also they force Muslims to say Christian prayers

5. What do you mean by host organization, an organization meant for the citizens and everyone, so who are the host

Agreed every organization have their rules according to their principles, but everyone should be considered in the rule, no one should be oppressed in the rule

You still keep saying the same thing, missionary schools are public so, you cannot be collecting government funds and want to privatize it, you are shouting command, is command in Kwara state

Let compare What's comparable
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2021
JaffyJoe:

Don't try to derail the truth. The church specifically asked the government to hands off their schools in 2014. They even communicated new policies to the PTA. The government is the one not conceding to this reality. The churches can maintain their schools. ST. Joseph Primary is doing that, Eucharistic at Asa-Dam is doing that, Union Baptist is doing that. Leave the schools alone. No student can be allowed to flaunt rosaries, conduct FCS fellowship in Ansarudeen schools here, even Ilorin Grammar School, such are not permitted.
Ok good luck to them
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

1. The last time i also checked berets are worn by Christian sisters especially those choirs in church

2. Kwara is a state that is why the citizens there are against the forceful removal of hijab from female Muslims, they are not okay with the rules

3. Sure the state are not permitted to have law that oppress them, did the kano citizens complain to you, is it not those foreigners who are trying to disobey their law. The real indigene and their government never complained about the law so why will a foreigner complain

But here it's the Kwara people that are complaining about the rule of removing hijab from female Muslims, and that's why they lock the schools

4. Are you dumb, i said all students are forced to make Christian prayers from Monday to Thursday and left just Friday for islamic prayers. Can't you see that the schools are in Favour of Christians

Ok if you say they force Christians to say islamic prayers, also they force Muslims to say Christian prayers

5. What do you mean by host organization, an organization meant for the citizens and everyone, so who are the host

Agreed every organization have their rules according to their principles, but everyone should be considered in the rule, no one should be oppressed in the rule

You still keep saying the same thing, missionary schools are public so, you cannot be collecting government funds and want to privatize it, you are shouting command, is command in Kwara state

Let compare What's comparable

I just discover I'm waisting my time here.

well Christian always put on cloth,so why are you putting on cloth since Christians too put on cloth. shake my head

still don't know when MUMURIC become a kwara citizen, nor when you become a kwaran.

No, there is no command government school in kwara, they only have it in your fathers house.

please don't quote me again or I wont reply you again because your hypocrisy is second to known.

well the school still and will forever remain missionary's school and your sister will never be allow to wear there Islamic culture,so if you and your mumuric like, you can commit suicide.

bye
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

you see your life, even when you don't know me or who I'm, what a shame, I thought you claim that the schools are private owned before.

well for your information you hopeless hypocrite, I was born in Oyo, school at Minna and serve in kwara state, Ilorin to be precise, I gave you the example from Niger state and Ilorin because that's where I'm familiar with but what did you do, you called me a lier just because you don't travel out of your bedroom.

you want more information, go to the local government secretariat to acquire it. hopeless hypocrite.

smile, well the owners don't have problem with muslom because this is not the first time that moslom are graduating from the school after abiding with the school rules, it was the moslom that have problem with the owners, so if you hypocrite want the churches to take back there school, write the petition to your government because last I check, Christian/church are not the one coming online barking like dog the way your MUMURIC is doing. so who is now having problem with who?

well maybe you should ask your fellow head slammer up north to tell you if government are not funding islamming center in the north. hypocrite.

All i asked was evidence from this lie, your started ranting,

Ok i was also born in Kwara schooled in minna, served in oyo, and i visited those places, i was told, they accommodate christains and that a lot of Christians graduated from there

No no the owner of the school have problem with Muslims wearing hijab, i don't want the government to take back their school, i just want female Muslims to be allowed, and the owners of the school are not ok with it, them claim your school back

For your information it's the Christians that are barking online like dog because the schools are locked
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

I just ask for evidence, you start ranting without any evidence
Ok i was born in kwara, schooled in minna, and served in oyo, and when i visited those schools, they said they accommodate Christians, in fact Christians also graduate from there

No no the schools are not okay with Muslims student wearing hijab, the community condemned the actions so what are you saying

For your information it's Christians that come online and bark like a dog after the school were locked

Shioor
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

I just discover I'm waisting my time here.

well Christian always put on cloth,so why are you putting on cloth since Christians too put on cloth. shake my head

still don't know when MUMURIC become a kwara citizen, nor when you become a kwaran.

No, there is no command government school in kwara, they only have it in your fathers house.

please don't quote me again or I wont reply you again because your hypocrisy is second to known.

well the school still and will forever remain missionary's school and your sister will never be allow to wear there Islamic culture,so if you and your mumuric like, you can commit suicide.

bye

I just discovered i am talking to a fool, how does cloth relate to religion, everyone put on cloth, ok have you seen a Muslim sister wearing beret, Mtcheew

whether MUMURIC is a kwaran or not, the truth prevails, learn to tolerate others,

It's because you don't know what to say, well you quoted me first so i have no problem with that.

The truth will always prevail

STOP DENYING FEMALE MUSLIMS OF THEIR FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS

STOP FORCEFULLY REMOVING HIJABS FROM FEMALE MUSLIMS
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by AntiChristian: 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
Thelife:

smile, kano operate a law that's opposing people fundamental freedom of religion and expression, yet this hypocrite is saying that it not the context here, then what's the context because last I check you are here talking about the constitutional freedom of religion and expression. hopeless hypocrite.

How does the beer and preaching against Muhammad disturb the moslom freedom of worship?

hypocrite

Kano and some other state opt to Shariah law which conforms with their right to religion! How is this hypocrisy?
It wasn't hypocrisy when Wike said Rivers state is a Christian state.

No, we are discussing about how Hijab affects Christians in Public schools!

As for beer...our religion forbids it, it's sales, production and anything to do with it. So the constitution permits us to observe our religion!
Wetin concern you with Muhammad? why not mind your biz if you no want trouble?

Learn to write MUSLIM (not moslom) hatred would not let you write it well.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Osaze007: 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
Maobichek:

Good morning, I'm not a Muslim, read through my comments in my profile and you will attest to my religion.

Muslims mostly take their children to Christian schools because most Christian schools are doing well. In one of the North East state, St Peters college (Anglican missionary Sch) was the overall best in the entire state, most top government officials (Muslims) took their children there.

My opinion is that Churches should manage their schools 100% to avoid government interference, once government is supporting any school, MURIC would hind on that and lay claim on equal right, thank you.

When did government equals Muslim
Is government only for Muslims?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Osaze007: 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
LegendHero:

There is nothing like Christian government school. It’s either a government school or private school.

I went to Ibadan Grammar school which is an Anglican school as a Muslim and I could remember some of my classmates always have hijabs on and no one is infringing on their right.

Everything still bore down to the rule of law and interpretation. The court should step in and interpret this once and for all of a government subsidized mission school can shut its door to people of other faith that wants to retain their way of life.

I don’t know if such law already exists, but if not they should solve this and each party should respect the decision.

You should remember that the number of public schools itself are limited so every right deserve the right to attend those ones available so as not to deny them their rights to education.

The Christian community is happy to pay the government to stop the whole Muslim wahala
We don’t need government support
Government belongs to all irrespective of faith

They are Christian OWNED school subsidized by government so it’s still privately owned
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by orisa37: 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2021
No one ask ISHAQ to pokenose. And no one declared KWARA an Islamic State.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Maobichek: 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osaze007:

When did government equals Muslim
Is government only for Muslims?

Dear, this is Nigeria. if you are in the FCT, National Assembly, Aso Rock etc you won't ask this question OK.
in our constitution, government doesn't equal Muslim but base on what is on ground, Muslims are senior partner in Nigeria. Sokoto Caliphate is the overall head of Muslims and the head of all religious and cultural bodies in Nigeria, thank you.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by shadeyinka(m): 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Your people carried the Churches to court fore daring to request taking over their own schools!

Religion of Peace!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Osaze007: 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Maobichek:

Dear, this is Nigeria. if you are in the FCT, National Assembly, Aso Rock etc you won't ask this question OK.
in our constitution, government doesn't equal Muslim but base on what is on ground, Muslims are senior partner in Nigeria. Sokoto Caliphate is the overall head of Muslims and the head of all religious and cultural bodies in Nigeria, thank you.

I think your off point
Sokoto is not the head of Christians in Nigeria
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gaskiyamagana: 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
gurunlocker:

I am not expecting anything better
To condemn or praise your inconsistence or illogicality?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 6:42am On Feb 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

Your people carried the Churches to court fore daring to request taking over their own schools!

Religion of Peace!
What do you mean by your people, so you now take the government as islamic organization
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by 9japride(m): 7:13am On Feb 25, 2021
It seems too much religious practice makes one very illogical in thinking. Smh
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by shadeyinka(m): 7:52am On Feb 25, 2021
oloyedewaris:

What do you mean by your people, so you now take the government as islamic organization
Don't act dumb, your people did using their government agents. Didn't they claim that Kwara is a Muslim state?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Nairaland4u: 8:10am On Feb 25, 2021
Press Release

Hijab crisis: Kwara is NOT A Muslim State, take your Wards from Missionary Schools – NSCEA

February 24, 2021

The Nigerian Supreme Council for Ecclesiastical Affairs (NSCEA), has warned that it would not fold its hands and watch the Christian community being trashed in Kwara State. NSCEA says that Kwara is not a predominantly Muslim state as been rumoured in some quarters, but a Christian State, advising that Muslim children could be moved from missionary schools, if need be, because their attendance is optional and the Muslim complainant parents' attitude wrong. It is a privilege to be admitted and attend Christian schools and not a right. Muslim children need not change their identity of being Muslims at all, by not wearing their hijabs, all they need to do is to go and attend Muslim schools and let peace reign in Kwara, the “State of HARMONY”.

NSCEA was reacting to the hijab saga going on in the State, wherein Kwara state government has temporarily shut Missionary schools in Ilorin pending the resolution of the ongoing Hijab controversy in the state. “The government committee comprising of representatives of the Muslim and Christian communities are now scheduled to meet to iron out the differences between the two religious communities. "Christian youths in the state berate Government's action, demanding immediate re-opening." Adesanya-Davies says, "YES to it, we have all once lived happily in Ilorin in those schools, the government should curb the Muslims from disturbing the peace of the state and the nation, we are tired! "

The Christian Youth forum stated, "that the issue of the use of hijab has been concluded since 2008 when it was resolved that the proprietors of all mission grant-aided schools should determine the mode of dress for their schools. They said they were, however surprised that the status quo they believed has been maintained all these while, was changed when some Muslim began to claim that they have a judgement from the state high court and the court of Appeal to enforce and mobilize their youths to the schools to harass and beat the Christian Teachers in those schools."

The ten affected and closed schools are: the Cherubim and Seraphim (C&S) College, Sabo Oke, St. Anthony College, Offa Road, ECWA School, Oja Iya, Surulere Baptist Secondary School and Bishop Smith Secondary School, Agba Dam, CAC Secondary School, Asa Dam, St. Barnabas Secondary School, Sabo Oke, St. John School, Maraba, St. Williams Secondary School, Taiwo Isale and St. James Secondary School, Maraba. All these are supposedly Christian schools built by missionaries on Christian principles and were been administered by their churches in the past!

Bishop Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies has earlier, reacted saying, "Where, are we coming from? Where are we going? How did we get here? Why biting the finger that fed us all! Why destroying missionaries schools in Kwara state? It's time to return the school back to the owners. It's high time the government hands off, again, the rate of student's indiscipline in secondary schools after the government took over of missionary schools is appalling.”

In fact, “This need not deteriorate, there are schools that allow wearing of hijab, why not take those Muslim children to such schools? Every school has its own dress code, why force the Christian schools to compromise? They are missionary/Christian schools. So let them be! I believe Muslim schools have their own rules and regulations and I don't think a Christian can go against their dress code. Let's try to avoid unnecessary issues which can be settled with common sense. Take your child/ward to schools that permit hijab while the government returns the schools back to the owners and everybody will be alright."

The development has generated controversy across the state, leading to the closure of ten schools by the State government. NSCEA wading into the matter advises the Kwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq to be careful with how to manage the matter so as not to provoke the wrought of God on the State. The school are all Missionary Schools belonging to the Christians and their is no need hijacking them for the Muslims community. Leave it for the owners, tell them it’s not compulsory for any Muslim wards.

Speaking, the Secretary General of the NSCEA Bishop Amb Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies again said, Kwarans should “remember an Yoruba adage which says, “Bó ti wu ni, ni a ti n se imole ẹni”. He that plays the piper, dictates the tunes. And as such, allow the Christian schools to be run as the owners want them. It’s optional for Muslims to attend, since there are several Muslim schools in the State, or aren’t there so many? Furthermore, to keep the record straight, may I add for the purpose of records that in Kwara State, Christians are more than Muslims as the Missionary Schools saga now projects. Or aren’t there enough Muslim schools in “an acclaimed predominantly ‘Muslim State’” for Muslim children to attend?

History would remind us that Kwara is not an Islamic state. May we recall the history of Kwara State and "How Northern Region lost their Kingdoms to the Islamic Fulani Emirates. This is why history must be taught in our schools. Those who neglect History are bound to repeat the mistakes of the past. ”The story is told of how King Yunfa, the Hausa Sarki in Gobir (now called Sokoto) hosted a Muslim Fulani immigrant called Usman Dan Fodio and his group in February 1804, as a result of this and since 1808, the whole of the northern region lost its kingdoms and was replaced by Muslim Fulani emirate."

"King Yunfa is said to have been killed in 1808 and the Fulani warrior (Usman Dan Fodio) established the Sokoto caliphate, making himself Sultan.". Gradually, other Hausa kingdoms were pillaged and taken over by the Muslim Fulani emirs including all the kingdoms ruled by Queen Amina of Zazzau. . . Little wonder, the Emirate throne of Zaria today is ruled by Muslim Fulani families which Usman Dan Fodio placed on the throne as a reward to his Soldiers.

"The ethnic groups in the core north were the first victims of Muslim Fulani imperialism, a venture that occurred because the people were given access to grazing land as a result of the hospitality of the hosts. They however failed to overrun the Bornu and Jukun kingdoms, so the Shehu of Bornu and Aku Uka remain paramount till today!”

Then, the Afonja dynasty compromised by allowing a Fulani warrior known as Janta Alimi to settle in Ilorin, the Fulani guerrillas killed Afonja in 1824; and Ilorin, a Yoruba town under the Oyo empire, fell into Muslim Fulani hands, becoming an emirate under Sokoto caliphate! Even the attempts of the O'odua People' s Congress (OPC) to revert to status quo ante and crown an Onilorin of Ilorin became an exercise in futility to-date.

The Yoruba warriors got wise and defeated the Fulani jihadists in Ogbomosho in 1840, if this didn't happen, there would most likely have been Fulani " emirs" as rulers in Oyo Alaafin, Ibadan, Owo, Oshogbo, Ede, Ado, and Igede Ekiti today! If the Bini Kingdom did not fight and repel the jihadists, they would have penetrated the Edo/Delta region beyond the present- day Edo North Senatorial District which gave in and allowed the jihadists to overrun & Islamize them.

If Yuna didn' t accommodate Fodio and his warlike immigrants from Futatoro, Hausa Sarkis would be ruling today in the north! And in Kwara, if Afonja didn' t conspire with Alimi, a Yoruba kingdom would not have been ruled by Alimi' s offspring till today! The sad case of Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. "Lowe, l' owe la nlu ilu agidigbo...", she alludes.

Again, she quoted, “Much as we know, Islam came to Yorubaland not by means of the Jihad of Usman Dan Fodio but through the means of informal contacts between Yoruba traders and their Nupe neighbours, who through further contacts with Hausa traders were made, long before the arrival of the Fulani on Nigeria’s historical scene. The commercial contacts between the Yoruba who supplied kola-nuts to Hausaland and the latter who supplied horses to the former was without doubt the one possible means through which some Yoruba traders came into contact with Islam. Islam in Yorubaland therefore does not owe its origin to the tradition of Muslim conquest in Nigeria through the jihad of Shehu Usman Dan Fodio, but through informal means.”

“Dating back to the periods of Old Oyo kingdom and Hausa States, these contacts with Islam might have started with the buying of Hausa slaves by the Old Oyo officials, as well as from the long distance Yoruba traders. There is also the possibility that war captives from occasional wars between the Old kingdom of Oyo and her Islamized neighbours might equally have boosted the knowledge of the religion of Islam among the Yoruba. Above all, the intermingling of the two peoples under peace time situations leading to formal and informal migrations on both sides equally presented a strong factor.

“Islam as we well know is a religion that flows through the veins of Arab culture and tradition. Unlike the situation among the Hausa, Nupe and Kanuri, Islam entered Yoruba land both as a weaker culture and inferior religion to Yoruba Culture and traditional religious complex. The new religion found the strong cultural and religious walls of the indigenous Yoruba people too strong for easy penetration as it did in other areas.”

As such, “200 years ago, the Aare Kakanfo of the ancient Oyo Empire and the self-proclaimed Oba of Ilorin, Aare Afonja, rebelled against the Alaafin of Oyo and entered into a military alliance with a Fulani advisor, sorcerer and mercenary by the name of Alimi. Predictably Alimi betrayed him and he ended up being tortured, dethroned and murdered. Not only did Alimi and his Fulani warriors kill him but they also murdered all his sons in the most cruel and barbaric fashion. Alimi and his family took the throne for themselves and consequently the Oyo Empire, and by extension the Oduduwa nation, lost Ilorin to the Fulani and to the sons of Usman Dan Fodio. Ever since that then a Fulani Emir, from Alimi's family and lineage, armed with a flag and staff of authority from the Sultan of Sokoto, has ruled Ilorin.”

NSCEA said Christians would not surrender their Missionary schools either to the government or the Muslims all in the name of their use of hijab. Christian girls also tie their scarfs and gele, wear hats and caps, but that wouldn’t be part of School uniforms, if the schools do not so recommend. For instance, Princess Funmilayo from NSCEA said, “Low cut was compulsory in the Secondary School I had attended in Kwara state in the 70s, for purposes of neatness, cleanliness, airiness and ventilation, uniformity with no class distinction and consciousness, and because it isn’t time wasting and money consuming for students, etc. Our principal principal said, and that was it! What has now changed that school authorities can’t take decisions.

Records of Christianity in Ilorin reveal that Christians are over 50% of the population. “The city has a history of modern day ministers and a host of ancient and modern churches with moderate to large congregations, such as the Catholic Church, Anglican, Methodist, Holy order of Cherubim and Seraphim churches, Celestial Church of Christ, The Holy Trinity Gospel Church International, Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA), United Missionary Church of Africa (UMCA), Emmanuel Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, Zion Baptist church Common Wealth of Zion Assembly, Seventh-day Adventist and several Pentecostal Churches as Living Fath Churches and Rhema Chapel, etc. All Catholic and protestant populations of the Christian faith. Most Christian churches in the state started schools and introduced innovative ideas that were readily adopted by the Muslim community in the past.”

However now, Muslims demand that all Christian morning prayers should be cancelled and it has been cancelled in all Christian schools by Kwara State government. They are still demanding to build mosques in Christian schools and now hijabs is being worn in Christian schools which it is an abomination! Christian sisters cannot walk on Fridays on the street without covering their hair at Oja- Oba Market and environ or else, they will be thoroughly beaten and forced to buy clothes to cover their heads right there and then at the market. If they succeed in Kwara, the next agenda is for Christians not to be able to live in the towns again. It is time for every Christian to talk about it all over Kwara state and the country before it gets out of hand. That is Kwara state for you! Jesus is Lord!

Adesanya-Davies speaking at NSCEA said, "return the Schools back to the owners, the Churches and please end the Hijab controversy, attending Missionary Schools is optional. There are government own schools that are not private Christian schools. There are also private Muslim Schools where Christians don’t have any say. "

RACHAMREPORTERS
https://solacewrites.com.ng/adesanya-davies-blows-hot-on-ten-missionary-schools-shut-down-over-hijab-controversy-in-kwara-state/

https://dailypost.ng/2021/02/23/hijab-crisis-kwara-is-muslim-state-take-your-missionary-schools-to-rivers-islamic-group-warns/
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/05/christians-remain-worlds-largest-religious-group-but-they-are-declining-in-europe/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilorin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Presidential Plane Departs From London As Anxiety Mounts - Vanguard / Shiite Leader, El-Zakzaky Arraigned In Kaduna Court Amid Tight Security. Photos / Three Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Ogun With Bloodstained Cutlass (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.