Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (51071 Views)

Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / 'Kwara Is Fully PDP' - Bukola Saraki Says As He Storms Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by blackmantis: 9:53am On Feb 23, 2021
tuboi:

Do you know in Missionary schools, they still do the sign of the Cross on the Assembly ground and sing songs from the famous SOP.

Wouldn't it be better if the missionary schools stop admitting non adherents to thier Faith ab initio to thier schools, rather than admitting them knowing full well that they don't practice such religion then forcing them to do so?

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 9:53am On Feb 23, 2021
ElijahIme1992:
Oga even in dat US and UK we still have religious schools and u must conform to their rules before u are accepted..
Yes as we have here too, but in this case it's a public school
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Owologbo(m): 9:53am On Feb 23, 2021
jumper524:
oga muric ain't wrong here.
why would dey force people to remove their hijab in the first place?
why the hypocracy.
even if kwara is not Muslim dominant, why would they force people against their religious beliefs?
even the Western world don't do this nonsense.
if the north starts forcing christain girls in school to wear hijab na islamization bullshits we go dey hear.
I hate bigots from all cylinders.
to all those quote me with a different explanation,.
the below quote is for you..

Are they not mission schools? Will a female student be allowed into a Muslim school without headscarf (just asking, because Christians will have no reason to admit their kids into a Muslim school).
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Ladoja19: 9:54am On Feb 23, 2021
shadeyinka:

..now they will insist that Islam is a religion of Peace!
Ofcus we insists.... So far Muslims never removed a single dress from any students.. we remain d most peaceful religion
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Positivepoint(m): 9:55am On Feb 23, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://ishaqakintola.com/will-not-allow-persecution-muslim-students-kwara/

Nice one muric. Kwarai is an islamic state they should move to rivers or any other christian state.

Those schools will be absorbed by the state and renamed immediately. What nonsense and over stepping of boundary by those missionary schools when a state has almost 100% muslims.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Homiesjinxbank: 9:55am On Feb 23, 2021
The Muslim are the problem of this country, why send your child to a Christian school when we have Muslim school all over kwara state.. werey muric.. na wetin him dey always look for be this...a mute dog trying to bark hahahahaja
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Positivepoint(m): 9:55am On Feb 23, 2021
jansonn:
If ethnic difference doesn't divide Nigeria, religion will eventually. I give up on this country shaa

Well speak that to wike.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:55am On Feb 23, 2021
Why would anyone ask another to remove their hijab?

I don't know why we just like trouble in this country.

How is hijab anyone's problem?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by shadeyinka(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2021
Ladoja19:

Ofcus we insists.... So far Muslims never removed a single dress from any students.. we remain d most peaceful religion
Your definition of peace is subjugation!
Someone else built his school and you want to take over. Is that not banditry?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Djyucee1(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2021
This muric organisation is a mad one
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by tuboi: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2021
Omololupromise:
I will just enrol my children to muslim school if I'm from Kwara.

God will bless you for your comment..Don’t take your child to a school that has a church within its premises and then cause trouble...Missionary schools still maintain the missionary doctrine...I prayed the Catholic ways for 6yrs even when I am not a Catholic...No Muslim school will allow you to put on Rosary or allow you to use a Bible

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Cantonese: 9:57am On Feb 23, 2021
Tranquility4u:

I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied
their constitutional rights.

All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.

“Are the schools not grant-aided? So you want to use
public money to persecute Muslim children until they
submit to forceful conversion? Even if they are
missionary schools, must they force female Muslim
students to strip? We are not surprised because it is
part of their old way of forceful conversion. Nigerian
Christians should desist from using Muslim children to
subject their parents to psychological trauma. We will
not go back to slavery. Enough is enough.

If not for lack of wisdom and intellectual myopia, why should you all be blinded to the evil done to Christian schools many years ago, when they were wrongly and wickedly taken over by government. Previously there were Christian and Muslim schools. They thrived successfully with students irrespective of tribe and religion attending all. I attended a Christian school with my Muslim friends. We were all happy together singing hymns at the morning assemblies. We attended Islamic celebrations happily with them when they came up.

Suddenly certain governors took over privately owned schools and the majority were Christians. Some states returned the schools to the original owners while others still held on to them.

If you get to a church or a mosque you are expected to conduct yourself according to the rules there. The same goes when it is schools especially as our leaders have opened our eyes to ethnic and religious tendencies. If Christian schools say hijabs should not be worn, why should groups like Muric insist that the rules should be changed? If a Christian attends an Islamic school where hijabs are compulsory, why should they disagree?

People like this Muric who have foolishly added religion to politics in order to confuse society should be held accountable for the many problems we face as a nation today.

Kwara state should return the schools to the original owners. Christians should attend Christian schools and Muslims theirs likewise where the ladies are free to wear their hijabs.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Maobichek: 9:57am On Feb 23, 2021
MuchAdo:

First, government took over the missionary schools by force! The missionaries are well able to run their schools.

The government forcefully took over the schools for reasons such as this - so that troublesome muslims can come in and refuse to subject themselves to christian tenets!!

Second, government can stop funding those schools for all I care. They will survive and do well.

Why must christians and muslims study together

This happened in Anambra, government took over Anglican school but it was returned after serious protest. The Churches can go back to the government since it was forcefully taken over and not on mutual agreement.

Once government is funding those schools, it's public school, no emotion or sentiment about it, thank you.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Owologbo(m): 9:58am On Feb 23, 2021
dele1727:
grin grin grin

I don't always agree with ishaq....but on this....
I agree absolutely...

A court has ruled in favour of hijab wearers
The only way the missionary schools can take is to appeal the judgement to as far as the supreme court

2, when Nyesom woke pronounced Rivers State a christian state .... christians were all hailing him
No noise was made....
Similar attitude should be adopted here
Nobody is making noise concerning kwara state been a Muslim state or not.
Is the schools in question public schools?
Are there no Muslim private/mission schools in kwara state?
Why is it that you don't like telling yourselves the truth?
Can a Muslim school allow female student without headscarf?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Positivepoint(m): 9:58am On Feb 23, 2021
RESTMOUTH99:
If this Muslim group is making this agitation for a public school rule , I will say they are inorder but Mission schools that got operating licence from kwara state government. Mission schools have their rules/regulations handed to any prospective students or parents sending their children and Wards to the school. We should learn to obey simple rule and not spreading anarchy.

Well I guess since its a majority muslim State and there rules go against the majority, then it's fair to say they cant operate in such a state and it's better they move to where there rules marge with the majority. Simple
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by tuboi: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2021
jumper524:
muric said something.
those girls have been using hijab all these years, why the sudden de ja vu?
is a christain missionary school anti Muslim?
I repeat again, what's wrong in wearing hijab?
in Abuja where I schooled, girls are free to dress as Muslims and also as christains.
nothing wrong in both dressing and fct still has the best public schools in Nigeria.
I expect you to openly condemmn the act instead of displaying hypocracy.

You are the one displaying hypocracy. Is Hijab a part of their Uniforms? Answer that question and stop acting up
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by 9iceprince(m): 10:01am On Feb 23, 2021
jansonn:
If ethnic difference doesn't divide Nigeria, religion will eventually. I give up on this country shaa

You never sau this when Wike declared Rivers a Christian state
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Mrquote: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2021
Tranquility4u:

I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied
their constitutional rights.

All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.

“Are the schools not grant-aided? So you want to use
public money to persecute Muslim children until they
submit to forceful conversion? Even if they are
missionary schools, must they force female Muslim
students to strip? We are not surprised because it is
part of their old way of forceful conversion. Nigerian
Christians should desist from using Muslim children to
subject their parents to psychological trauma. We will
not go back to slavery. Enough is enough.
You are fighting for a cause because you feel it not right for a system to treat the way you treat the system. If it was a Muslim missionary school will they allow me to bring Bible to school. The same people go ahead and condemn people goods in kano all the name of its alcoholic are doing show if power when they are told to do the same. Forget if it was a Muslim school christens don't even stand a chance in the state. I believe they have state schools right why not allow them to move to the state school and leave people that have Private company run it the way they like. Religion is a personal thing.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by nick50(m): 10:02am On Feb 23, 2021
Back in 2010 I went to FUTA to write thier post Ume ,as a devoted catholic I wore my holy rosary but on getting to the screening venue we were asked to remove everything including our bangles before we would be allowed to enter the exam hall, those who refused to remove theirs were prevented from entering the exam hall.. Nigerian Muslims should learn to be law abiding... I don't know y they think d rules should bend for them.. We are all equal n shouldn't be above d law.. How on earth must u go against the dress code of an institution in d name of hijab.. We all know how Muslim suicida bombers use hijab as a cover-up, we all know some of those Muslim students hide n commit exam malpractice using hijab as a cover up... Please all these southern Muslims should please emulate thier nothern counterparts.. Western education is not by force.. Is either u respect the rules or u attend to Islamic schools we won't bend the rules to suit u
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by shadeyinka(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2021
oloyedewaris:

The school were built by Christian missionaries and are now taken over and controlled by government, so what's your point, Schools that was built decades ago
Is it the same way it is when those missionary built it then, who renovated it

I will say it again HYPOCRITES
No sir!
It was a Grant-Aid agreement between the government and the churches.

If the government took over the schools
Did they pay any form of compensation to the churches (owners big the school s) (even if it is N1)?

Such kind of behaviour by Muslims is robbery or banditry.

I don't understand how you will rejoice over evil done in the name of Allah!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by bareal(m): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Meaningless statement. Even if it is true, that would be like saying that all Christians are not KKK but all KKK are Christians. What reasonable vibe do you get there? That Christians must always be associated with KKK?

People who are tied down to organized religions are always chained by their own gullibility, which they think is smart. Until they start questioning on their own, they can never perceive their own stench, only that of others.

Why would I say Christians should be associated with KKK. Christian teachers disapproves terrorism and that's why it's not easy for them to hide under christianity, they will always be condemned by the christian folds.

Let me ask you, why is it so easy for terrorists to hide under Islam? Boko haram, ISWAP, Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG),Aum Shinrikyo,Hizballah,Palestine Islamic Jihad (PIJ),al-Qa’ida (AQ),Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU),Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM),Islamic Jihad Union (IJU),al-Shabaab,Indian Mujahedeen (IM),al-Mulathamun Battalion (AMB) and the new Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq (AAH) and Harakat Sawa’d Misr (HASM) to mention a few.....why you need to explain this
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Fabnaija: 10:08am On Feb 23, 2021
These Muslims are just looking for trouble everywhere and every time. Is that school the only school in Kwara state? why won't them go to a Muslim school where they will wear whatever they like?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by tuboi: 10:08am On Feb 23, 2021
Muslim with their wahala...You want the quality education and you don’t want to submit to their rules and regulations. Missionary schools have church/chaplain within the school premises, they pray the missionary prayers on the assembly ground, including singing songs from Christian SOP....why wear an Hijab their just to cause trouble...Take your child to schools where they say their Muslim prayers on the assembly ground...

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Keemsleek005(m): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2021
oloyedewaris:

I never said it's a Muslim school, it's a public school which means everyone is privileged to enjoy it

Even the so called western countries (US, UK, Canada and so on) will never tell their students to pull off their hijab in their schools

I hate hypocrisy

You still don't get it, its a missionary school with Christianity background and rules. It's not just an ordinary public school

The primary objective of the missionaries was to convert the people to Christianity through education. These was the reason why missionary school were founded but due to wide expectant it started accommodating other religion after the goverment took over but once it as been returned back to the missionaries it core value and rules must be respect even when it accepted other religion.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2021
shadeyinka:

Your definition of peace is subjugation!
Someone else built his school and you want to take over. Is that not banditry?

Where is subjugation here?

Muslim schools in that same Kwara don't force Christian students to wear hijab.

It appears like Muslims are more tolerant than Christians.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by 9iceprince(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2021
nick50:
Back in 2010 I went to FUTA to write thier post Ume ,as a devoted catholic I wore my holy rosary but on getting to the screening venue we were asked to remove everything including our bangles before we would be allowed to enter the exam hall, those who refused to remove theirs were prevented from entering the exam hall.. Nigerian Muslims should learn to be law abiding... I don't know y they think d rules should bend for them.. We are all equal n shouldn't be above d law.. How on earth must u go against the dress code of an institution in d name of hijab.. We all know how Muslim suicida bombers use hijab as a cover-up, we all know some of those Muslim students hide n commit exam malpractice using hijab as a cover up... Please all these southern Muslims should please emulate thier nothern counterparts.. Western education is not by force.. Is either u respect the rules or u attend to Islamic schools we won't bend the rules to suit u

Parable
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MuchAdo: 10:10am On Feb 23, 2021
Maobichek:

This happened in Anambra, government took over Anglican school but it was returned after serious protest. The Churches can go back to the government since it was forcefully taken over and not on mutual agreement.

Once government is funding those schools, it's public school, no emotion or sentiment about it, thank you.

Let the government return the schools to the missionaries. The missionaries will be glad to have them back. Nobody is begging the government.

Fair enough

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by remzytimer: 10:11am On Feb 23, 2021
What annoys me most, is when people expected of highest regard beging to speak nonsense from the both side of their mouth...

jansonn:
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:11am On Feb 23, 2021
nick50:

Rosaries are treated as accessories, just like wristwatches and bangles.

Reverend sisters write exams too, and no one ever tells them to remove their scarves which are worn like hijabs.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by bareal(m): 10:12am On Feb 23, 2021
Keemsleek005:

You still don't get it, its a missionary school with Christianity background and rules. It's not just an ordinary public school

The primary objective of the missionaries was to convert the people to Christianity through education. These was the reason why missionary school were founded but due to wide expectant it started accommodating other religion after the goverment took over but once it as been returned back to the missionaries it core value and rules must be respect even when it accepted other religion.

They have forgotten that there are other schools that are neither islamic or christianic....very liberal in their rules and regulations. Why didn't they put their wards in such schools and anything goes?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 10:15am On Feb 23, 2021
shadeyinka:

No sir!
It was a Grant-Aid agreement between the government and the churches.

If the government took over the schools
Did they pay any form of compensation to the churches (owners big the school s) (even if it is N1)?

Such kind of behaviour by Muslims is robbery or banditry.

I don't understand how you will rejoice over evil done in the name of Allah!

Please i'm being polite and honest with you, how will you accuse me of rejoicing over evil done in the name of Allah when i didn't, please let's respect ourselves

Ok back to the topic, you said the government didn't pay the owners of these schools,

please can you name those who actually established those schools,

as you agreed they are missionary schools which means they are built for missionary purposes,

now government took over them which those missionary are happy with, now tell which compensation is needed in this case if not proper care and maintenance
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by AsomughaChuks02: 10:16am On Feb 23, 2021
Why is Islam always parasitic on christianity? You can't find any good muslim school that a christian can take his child to but when christian schools are established, muslims invade there and still don't want to obey the laws of those schools. I blame the schools for giving them admissions in the first place. A Catholic owned school should indicate it clearly on admission that it is strictly for catholics.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

IPOB Member Shot In Anambra While Waiting For Nnamdi Kanu's Arrival (Graphic Pic / Emmanuel Macron Playing Drum With Nigerian Lady (photo) / Deji Adeyanju Debunks Domestic Abuse Rumors, Blames FFK’s Wife For Separation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.