Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? (19174 Views)

See What 12 Year Old Boy Did When He Saw His Mother Twerking / I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / What I Did When My Wife Refused My Sexual Advancement For 7 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by davidolarewaju2: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2021
Good Afternoon

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Chamberlin1983(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2021
This your question sound funny. Well, It is his ghost that is posting. am sure.
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Casham: 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2021
Someone7:
Buried my Christmas shoes thinking I'll harvest more shoes grin grin
Choi! This one strong.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by sweetmelanin(f): 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2021
Mikester:
I did a lot of stupid things which I won't be able to mention all but some such as

- Closing the freezer slowly to see when it will go off
- Licking plate after eating
- Making bed houses. I once burnt my elder sister's room because I took a lit candle inside with me in one of my bed houses. I would have been burnt alive that day but God save me.

I was inside the bed house eating while I placed the lit candle at the entrance of the bed house to brighten the place.

All of a sudden the candle tilted and fell exactly on the foam which started a fire. I watched in shock until the fire took a c form at the entrance. I started panicking. Behind me was a wall so I had no choice but to try the entrance. I crawled out trying to be careful but the heat struck my back making me to yell out hitting the bed subconsciously.

Being free, I ran to the kitchen to get a cup of water (according to my small mind) thinking it will quench the flame but it rather increased it.

Long story short, ceiling burnt, neighbours gathered, my sister angry, my mum furious, my dad surprised, properties destroyed (if you see the fans ehn), smoke rising up the roof, the hero (me) - standing at the front of the place I destroyed, confused, afraid and unhurt. To God be the glory cheesy

- Writing a love note to a girl in my class which was read aloud publicly. The girl is even ugly now
- Putting my legs in a pillow pretending to be a mer-prince from fiction alongside my sisters grin
- Looking up at the sky and asking God for a Ben 10 watch. Don't blame me sha, too much film
- Jumping from the chair/fence breaking my arm, ankle and one day even my neck. God dey my back sha
- Accidentally swallowing an earring while playing at a supermarket
- Crossing road over and over with my younger sister just for fun until our neighbour saw and scolded me.
- Crossing road when I was a baby due to my mother's carelessness. I wandered away while she was plaiting a customer's hair unknowingly to her, crawled to the express, crossed the road but was unhurt. Good samaritans brought me back home to my already panicking mother who was glad to see me.

Hmm, as I recall all these events, I feel very motivated and grateful, all I can say is all thanks to God. I'm really lucky and doing perfectly well today.

Hahaha.. sounds like you had a perfect 80s/90s childhood grin

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by pozehnani(f): 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2021
Akuruoulo:
u are a heroin

Lol ... grin you can say that again.
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Chiminemine(m): 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
SUPOL:
That hide and seek play shaa. Na Devil game be that
One corner things guy....if you know, you know.
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by rimam849(m): 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
could remember when i used lantern charger to check if there was current,i put that shit in the socket and then in my mouth,to make it short i wasn't able to close my mouth for like 2days!!!

6 Likes

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by DarkJeddi(m): 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2021
I opened the fuel tank of my Uncle's lorry and tried to set it on fire..

To this day,I believe am here because of two reasons :

1.There was no fuel in the tank..
2.It was a Diesel engine and not petrol..

The extent to which children can expose themselves to danger is limitless.. embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by geokay777(m): 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2021
Constant fighting with my 2 kid brothers for as long as I can remember, eventually I lost the one that followed me immediately in a boat mishap at about the time we've both outgrown the childish behavior . But the picture of the childhood hatred we had in our early years still haunt me till date. cry

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Coldie(m): 2:41pm On Feb 23, 2021
In our old house we used to have a tenant that was a pastor, the guy got married to one beautiful fine cute pretty lady, as at that time u only see ppl like that on tv. Omen I was passing on an errand one day when I came across her window open while she was bathing. I swear I was a virgin back then but that was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen as I have never seen any female naked before. After that time I made that spot my location undecided.

I became more stealth, morning afternoon night I dae der, until one day I didn't know what happened everything went according to plan until I chook head and guess what I saw she she was facing the window and our face jam... The rest is history

8 Likes

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2021
I poured kerosene inside soup and lit a match to warm it ..I got the beating of my life.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by The5DME(m): 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2021
Believe in God(s) thinking he'll alleviate our poverty.
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by The5DME(m): 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
[[s]quote author=positivevibez post=99351323]I poured kerosene inside soup and lit a match to warm it ..I got the beating of my life.[/quote][/s] you go jus dey lie anyhow.
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by PotatoSalad(m): 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
KingAzubuike:
Had a bet with my cousin. I'd jump down from a 3 story building in return for her dinner. How I didn't die remains a mystery. I was bed ridden for 3 months, wore POP on my leg for almost a year.

Used to jump from 2 stories to heap of soft sand for fun that year.
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Depressed101: 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
100trillion:
I remember back then, I love watching Power rangers, terminator, tortoise rangers etc. So I decided to test if touching naked wire will make me strong.....BAD IDEA grin

I took naked wire, went to my mum's stabilizer and put 1 end in the socket...................the shit flinged me!! I sat down for some mins, got up and told no one.....that was the day I developed Electrophobia sad ....from that day till now, I don't play around electricity..

wat abuh you?
play with tatashi, until it entered my prick,I dance for neighbors that day

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by RSVP: 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2021
My Grandma usually had this red shining round beautiful thing carefully placed at one corner of her shelve . I always hang around her because I was the last born at that time.

She would take one out of those thing and start chewing then I thought this must be sweet or something so I stole one and kept it inside my pocket.

I forget until later at night this devil start whispering into my ears to dip my hands into my pocket smiley then I found this precious sweet smiling back at me cheesy

That devil whisper to me not to lick but swallow everything before my siblings come to take their share then I comply.. my brother, that was one of the most terrific moment of my life shocked

I chop and swallow everything after 15seconds I began to sweat and make some funny sound in a low volume. All my body deh shake like small pikin weh get giri cheesy

Bros, I tried to control my self but my body no gree so I scream out!!!!! I scream again!!!!! Everybody don come ..

watin happen I no fit talk oo.. I just deh fume for mouth! my head deh hot and my eyes are very red... I scream and a very hot piss comot for my small john thomas. I later discover I $hit on that spot too cus it was very messy that day undecided

Nah after 20min dem come tell me say that sweet weh I go thief chop nah ATA RODO. grin

Honestly I would definitely die if I try to do half of the things I've done when I was a little kid.. I once drink kerosene and nothing happened.
Using my brother to practice different smackdown moves after watching wrestling sad

6 Likes

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by PotatoSalad(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2021
JudgeKronos:
When my tooth was about to fall, the thing disturbed me so teh I used my hands to pluck it out

How time flies ...
The thing dey sweet. grin
Even better when you use tongue to wiggle it until it makes one kind sweet sound and drops..
I remember using thread too. Tie thread and pull gently. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Kushlove(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2021
merits:
G
masun space booker
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by OlawaleBammie: 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2021
Coldie:
In our old house we used to have a tenant that was a pastor, the guy got married to one beautiful fine cute pretty. Omen I was passing on an errand one day when I came across her window open while she was bathing. I swear I was a virgin back then but that was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen as I have never seen any female naked before. After that time I made that spot my location undecided.

I became more stealth, morning afternoon night I dae der, until one day I didn't know what happened everything went according to plan until I chook head and guess what I saw she she was facing the window and our face jam... The rest is history

Nooo, which rest is histry??

Abeg complete am joo angry
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by PotatoSalad(m): 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
Celestyn8213:
Kill agama lizard (the red head) cut off the head and dry it, then i grinded it into powder. In those days we believed that when u sprinkle it on any girl's urine, she will follow u until u shine her 'Congo' lol
U be yahoo boy now ba. Lie make ceiling fan fall for your head

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by greatbrian(m): 2:57pm On Feb 23, 2021
Mikester:
I did a lot of stupid things which I won't be able to mention all but some such as

- Closing the freezer slowly to see when it will go off
- Licking plate after eating
- Making bed houses. I once burnt my elder sister's room because I took a lit candle inside with me in one of my bed houses. I would have been burnt alive that day but God save me.

I was inside the bed house eating while I placed the lit candle at the entrance of the bed house to brighten the place.

All of a sudden the candle tilted and fell exactly on the foam which started a fire. I watched in shock until the fire took a c form at the entrance. I started panicking. Behind me was a wall so I had no choice but to try the entrance. I crawled out trying to be careful but the heat struck my back making me to yell out hitting the bed subconsciously.

Being free, I ran to the kitchen to get a cup of water (according to my small mind) thinking it will quench the flame but it rather increased it.

Long story short, ceiling burnt, neighbours gathered, my sister angry, my mum furious, my dad surprised, properties destroyed (if you see the fans ehn), smoke rising up the roof, the hero (me) - standing at the front of the place I destroyed, confused, afraid and unhurt. To God be the glory cheesy

- Writing a love note to a girl in my class which was read aloud publicly. The girl is even ugly now
- Putting my legs in a pillow pretending to be a mer-prince from fiction alongside my sisters grin
- Looking up at the sky and asking God for a Ben 10 watch. Don't blame me sha, too much film
- Jumping from the chair/fence breaking my arm, ankle and one day even my neck. God dey my back sha
- Accidentally swallowing an earring while playing at a supermarket
- Crossing road over and over with my younger sister just for fun until our neighbour saw and scolded me.
- Crossing road when I was a baby due to my mother's carelessness. I wandered away while she was plaiting a customer's hair unknowingly to her, crawled to the express, crossed the road but was unhurt. Good samaritans brought me back home to my already panicking mother who was glad to see me.

Hmm, as I recall all these events, I feel very motivated and grateful, all I can say is all thanks to God. I'm really lucky and doing perfectly well today.

You must be a big time problem child
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Mikester: 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2021
greatbrian:

You must be a big time problem child
That was then not now
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by dexterush(f): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
G
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by wamide042(m): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
kings59:
I spoilt the umbrella given to me at a birthday party, tied it on my back, and tried to fly like superman.

Mine was kinda similar to yours, after watching Iron Monkey over and over with my homies then we were of same age group though, so we decided to jump down our two storey building with the umbrella on, those days i used to be the first to do shits I thought was normal.. so I jumped and that was the last thing I remembered.. how I survived is still a mystery to me.. anyway I’m alive sha.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by rexesq(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
Una own name play. My own name die. I have used a used condom as balloon. I and my siblings would suckling out the 'thick dews' inside and may turn the 'oily balloon' inside out before blowing air into it.
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2021
rexesq:
Una own name play. My own name die. I have used a used condom as balloon. I and my siblings would suckling out the 'thick dews' inside and may turn the 'oily balloon' inside out before blowing air into it.
God!

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2021
Chewing cork of coke bottle and putting it inside the bottle to increase the size of the coke grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Emioluwa: 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2021
So many of those foolish thing.
Remember the time I use to plant everything they gave to me as food, I plant my rice separately the fish, meat even the egg too and I will be checking everyday if its has germinate.
But the height of it is when I planted the hard currency gave to me by my uncle that just arrived from UK, when my mum ask me of the money I told her to wait till after 7th days lolz .
I don't know how many of us hear about the fare tales they share then around 90's that money grow on trees in United Kingdom so that's why I planted the money.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by BOLLDD: 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2021
grin
Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Dreyton36: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I can't remember one because everything I did as a kid was foolish, I guess that's why I am still foolish.

grin we know , no too cast am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2021
I was about 4 years old and had just gotten my first taste of sugarcane.

When we got home I went to the bathroom and, lo and behold, I saw some long sugarcane-colored bars lying on the floor.

Unknown to me, they were bars of washing soda.

Everyone knew something was wrong when I started dancing Zanku around the house in the 1990s.

The experience scarred me for years. In fact, I never ate sugarcane again until I got into the university

1 Like

Re: What Was The Most Foolish Thing You Did When You Were A Kid? by Dreyton36: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2021
I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.