Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,880 members, 7,798,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Government Work Is Not Worth It After All - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All (21058 Views)

State Government Work Or Bank Job / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. / Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by edoairways: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
desiredhome:

In Rivers State, retirees are owed their gratuity since 2014 till date, some are on monthly pension of less than 20k
Politicians have destroyed the whole system.....
D mata weak
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by Heavance(m): 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
100trillion:

I do make money in a day (normal civil servants level wink), but the pain is when they pay sad imagine gettting paid the 2nd-3rd week of the next month instead of d prev month end.....
You see that up there, is the reason people dislike, detest, hate and curse government workers.
Corruption is deeply rooted in all civil servants, they believe they are doing a lot (which is false), you relate with many of them and you become lost because aside the redundant government job they won't fit into the ever changing world.
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by Hassanmaye(m): 7:19am On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
I work in a state govt agency, the pay is good but the work can drive one insane. No time for yourself or your love ones, 80 percent of female in my agency are single due to the work.

Let no one deceive you, 80% of female civil servant are single, the married ones ain't faithful.....I pity those men that married those female in my dept cry
I do make money in a day (normal civil servants level wink), but the pain is when they pay sad imagine gettting paid the 2nd-3rd week of the next month instead of d prev month end.....right now I've not been paid, although I do make "small money" at work but I want my fvcking pay.

So, if I retire na like this I go dey fight for my money undecided.....olorun maje, tufiakwa.

My plan is to finish my uni and focus on building my biz, bcus govt wrk ain't it.....you'll just spend waste 35yrs of your life doing shit for the govt.

I pray God grants my heart desires and guide me through the right path of life.
You have scared me o, me wlh I thought government job no too much stress, I thought must government workers work between 8am and 1pm they are off.
Unlike there counterpart in the private sector who work from 6 to 6 even Saturday's chai
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by Hassanmaye(m): 7:25am On Feb 25, 2021
pozehnani:

If you think the job is not worth it because of the tideousness, then try idleness. That is when you'll appreciate your job even if it requires you working round the clock. You don't know how good a thing is until you lose it.

Talking about ladies who are not married because of the job. Who says marriage is better than having job that pays your every bill and gives you a good life? for all you Know, there are many women who wish to leave their marriage and get a job just to have a good life.

Don't deceive yourself, govt job is still the best because it's secured you get retirement benefits at the end of it. And you won't struggle to collect your pension. I'm speaking from experience because my dad never struggled during his pension days.

To each it's own though..
Who told you you will not struggle to get your pension?? My brother please delete that statement as soon as possible, to get pension after retirement in this country no be small o
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by Hassanmaye(m): 7:30am On Feb 25, 2021
omonla10:
If u want to face reality.. Bsc holders working with the FG earn starting salary of maybe 70k..even my drivers that deliver my tokunbo cars(not everyday o) earn more than that...
And this is supposed to be a good job.. How do u survive with 70k..ill rather make 40k on my own with the prospect of growth
Are you serious?
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by Hassanmaye(m): 7:34am On Feb 25, 2021
uuzba:

There's 2 kinds of people in Nigeria.
Those who work with the Government and those who work against the government.
Unfortunately, those who work with the government are insulted and humiliated by THE GOVERNMENT itself.
But does that mean they shouldn't work for the government again?
My parents worked for the federal government.
And exactly what you said, is what happened in their office.
They will order for Typewriters and other office and school equipment from the head office of Government. The staff will do their duty to steal the equipment.
I'm sorry, but my dad sacked all and sent away all those who engaged in stealing and cheating.
Today, he lives in his house collecting his pension with clear conscience.
He may not have liked how Buhari and other presidents messed up the country, but he's sha chilling with 100% clear conscience in his house.
All his mates or juniours who cheated and stole, are dead or waiting to die. They have nothing to show for the miserable equipment they stole.
This life no balance at all what you reap is surely what you saw.
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by Hassanmaye(m): 7:34am On Feb 25, 2021
payloader:
Go to oil companies and see WAEC holders earning between 150 and 450k. Its your skills that count, not your school papers. Thats why China is doing better than the rest of the world in everything.
Like which skill bro programming?
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by Hassanmaye(m): 7:35am On Feb 25, 2021
Viqtour:
Your narrative is relative... Government work is broad. A relative worked for 35years in CBN and certainly it was not a waste.
That one na top government job na
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by NLPoliceWoman: 10:03am On Feb 25, 2021
RTR

1 Like

Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by omonla10(m): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Are you serious?
I'm 100% serious....

1 Like

Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
END OF THREAD.

NO COMMENT SHOULD BE MADE ON THIS THREAD.
Re: Government Work Is Not Worth It After All by payloader(m): 7:36am On Feb 26, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Like which skill bro programming?
Analog not digital skills. For even digital skills, your university papers alone won't get you a job in an oil, or construction facility. You must acquire some certificates in digital tech in a very reputable IT company for these high paying companies to consider you for interview. In the oil sector, every job must have a certificate in training; from IT to plumbing. They may, or may not ask you for your graduate cert in any higher institution, unless you are applying for a managerial post. There are companies that pay up to N700,000 for a skilled job in the oil sector, your educational qualification is considered of little or no importance. If you want to make it big in Nigeria as a salary earner, acquire certificates in these areas; digital tech on oil and gas, able seaman, argon welding, pipeline welding, deep sea diving, rigging, scaffolding, fabricating and welding, occupational health, HSE. At least, these are the ones I know.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. / 74rri, Nigerian Army Shortlist Names For Pre-screening Examination / NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.