Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili (2566 Views)

PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists / Atiku Leads APC Poll With Wide Margin - Dailypost Poll / Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by EzeUche(m): 5:39am On Apr 10, 2011
We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili

My Dear Friends,

Good morning to you all.

I am sending you this message from the office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to break the good news that God is answering your prayers.

Reports from the various polling stations, as well as from the collation centres of INEC indicate that I am coasting to victory in the Anambra Central Senatorial election.

We are still at INEC’s office awaiting the formal announcement of the results but already collated results show that there is no way any of the other contestants can catch up with me. In fact, I am leading my closest rival, Dr. Chris Ngige of the Action Congress of Nigeria (CAN), with about 15,000 votes in Anaocha Local Government Area while the race is neck-to-neck in other places.

We thank God for His mercies as we await the formal announcement of my victory by INEC.

Please continue to pray for me as the battle is not yet over.

Have a nice Sunday!

Yours sincerely,

Dora

Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by EzeUche(m): 5:42am On Apr 10, 2011
There seems to be a discrepancy in this area. Who is actually winning?

Chris Ngige or Dora Akunyili?
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by ofala(m): 5:49am On Apr 10, 2011
If the truth must be told, Mrs Akunyili will give more effective representation than Ngige, PERIOD.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 5:52am On Apr 10, 2011
ofala:

If the truth must be told, Mrs Akunyili will give more effective representation than Ngige, PERIOD.

Like the one she gave you when she served for two years as a minister? ROFLMAO!! Then the excuse was "Round peg in Square whole" . . . what will it be this time? "Round peg in square whole part 2"?
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by mensdept: 5:55am On Apr 10, 2011
A Ngige victory sends the message that you can steal a peoples mandate, run the state into chaos, prevent serious development, cause others who won legislative seats to be rigged out in favor of 419 PDPers, be booted out by the SUPREME COURT so the REAL WINNER can govern, make alot of noise, and then win a Senatorial election.

I know Anambra people are better than that.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by EzeUche(m): 5:56am On Apr 10, 2011
I hope she does win. She is a very tenacious woman and we need more like her in Nigerian politics.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 10, 2011
Are the people of Anambra actually voting for Dora or her husband?
Seems like her husband has a huge effect on her political actions.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by mensdept: 6:00am On Apr 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Are the people of Anambra actually voting for Dora or her husband?
Seems like her husband has a huge effect on her political actions.

Your point is?
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 6:02am On Apr 10, 2011
mens dept:

A Ngige victory sends the message that you can steal a peoples mandate, run the state into chaos, prevent serious development, cause others who won legislative seats to be rigged out in favor of 419 PDPers, be booted out by the SUPREME COURT so the REAL WINNER can govern, make alot of noise, and then win a Senatorial election.

I know Anambra people are better than that.

Interesting . . . I thought you for a second you were describing there what a Dora victory would mean? I mean we are speaking of a woman who more recently than Ngige, helped steal away an opportunity for advancement from the people of Ekiti, helped in the running of the country in chaos(especially from May 2009 through March 2010), prevented serious development in our ministry of communication, and helped PDP rig elections with no remorse , made a lot of noise and now wants to win senatorial elections.  grin grin
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 10, 2011
mens dept:

Your point is?
How often will her decisions be affected by her husband?

Kobojunkie:

Interesting . . . I thought you for a second you were describing there what a Dora victory would mean? I mean we are speaking of a woman who more recently, healped steal away an opportunity for advancement for the people of Ekiti, helped the running of the country in chaos(especially from May 2009 through March 2010), prevent serious development in our ministry of communication, and helped PDP rig elections with no remorse , made a lot of noise and now wants to win senatorial elections.  grin grin

Dont even remind me. That crossed-eyed penguin.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by biachwest: 6:10am On Apr 10, 2011
good nes for nigerian political institutions if dora wins
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by mensdept: 6:13am On Apr 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How often will her decisions be affected by her husband?

Interesting . . . I thought you for a second you were describing there what a Dora victory would mean? I mean we are speaking of a woman who more recently, healped steal away an opportunity for advancement for the people of Ekiti, helped the running of the country in chaos(especially from May 2009 through March 2010), prevent serious development in our ministry of communication, and helped PDP rig elections with no remorse , made a lot of noise and now wants to win senatorial elections.  

What does her husband have to do with this election? Yes, even Fashola's wife may have advised him to do projects in Lagos, but the election is Fashola versus his opponents.

As for Dora did this and that, you must be mad. NGIGE is a thief, and he did even more crimes than I listed. You are classically trying to play games. You'll be surprised that indigenes of Ekiti conspired to run their own state down, similar to what happened with the thief governing Ogun state. You'll be surprised that she was alone in the struggle to get to the bottom of the Yar Adua mystery and she was at the forefront of getting someone to preside over the affairs of the government, at a time the US labeled your nation a terrorist nation, which ultimatley rendered her unfavored by the PDP criminals, hence, her campagin against them.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by EzeUche(m): 6:16am On Apr 10, 2011
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 6:20am On Apr 10, 2011
mens dept:

As for Dora did this and that, you must be mad. NGIGE is a thief, and he did even more crimes than I listed. You are classically trying to play games. You'll be surprised that indigenes of Ekiti conspired to run their own state down, simiar to what happened with the thief governing that she was alone in the struggle to get to the bottom of the Yar Adua mystery. While Ngige-who is simply an election coup plotter, was making noise, she Ogun State. Moreover, she was at the forefront of of getting someone to preside over the affairs of the nation, at a time the US labeled your nation a terrorist nation, which ultimatley rendered her unfavored by the PDP criminals, hence, her campagin against them.

This is where people like you loose me with your irrational talk . . . so it is OK to list the sins of the one but not equally detail that of the other?? Please get back to what is happening here. We have Ngige, a man whose sins are not as recent as Dora's, and you expect to bully people into forgetting all Dora's faults so they can ignore Ngige? This is reason why I take you nairaland self-proclaimed Ibo warriors for mere internet jokers . . . you really expect reasonable folks to think the way you think there?

I am sorry but in the eyes of any fair mind out there since both of them are not clean, and they both seem the only choices available --  it is sensible to argue that since Dora's is more recent, and she may need to be given some time to cool off and maybe learn from her mistakes. At least this is what I know people do -- not reward deceit with immediate promotion.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 10, 2011
mens dept:

What does her husband have to do with this election? Yes, even Fashola's wife may have advised him to do projects in Lagos, but the election is Fashola versus his opponents.

As for Dora did this and that, you must be mad. NGIGE is a thief, and he did even more crimes than I listed. You are classically trying to play games. You'll be surprised that indigenes of Ekiti conspired to run their own state down, similar to what happened with the thief governing Ogun state. You'll be surprised that she was alone in the struggle to get to the bottom of the Yar Adua mystery and she was at the forefront of getting someone to preside over the affairs of the government, at a time the US labeled your nation a terrorist nation, which ultimatley rendered her unfavored by the PDP criminals, hence, her campagin against them.

Is it just me or the election is making Nlers misunderstand my posts today?

Refering back to my previous statement. . . . Dora's decision to leave PDP (which was not necessarily a bad thing) was influenced by her husband. My question is, how many of her careless retorts and actions have her husband's influence on them, and how many more should Anambrans expect?

Not every indigeouns of Nigeria's 36 states know what is right for their state, but her position requires her to know what is right and to go by that route. I'll let KoboJ shed more light on this.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by ifyalways(f): 6:24am On Apr 10, 2011
Ngige all da way!

Dora can continue raising false hopes for herself,I wonder where she was leading with her wide margin,her husbands bedroom?maybe.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by ifyalways(f): 6:27am On Apr 10, 2011
Ngige all da way!

Dora can continue raising false hopes for herself,I wonder where she was leading with her wide margin,her husbands bedroom?maybe.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 6:34am On Apr 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Not every indigeouns of Nigeria's 36 states know what is right for their state, but her position requires her to know what is right and to go by that route. I'll let KoboJ shed more light on this.

For two years straight, every single step she took, these same had to doctor-up some excuse for why she faulted. I mean from day one, it seemed she was out of her element. I remember the main excuse was that she was a square peg in a round hole. She finally resigns and once again tries to fit herself into yet another misshapen hole she seems totally unprepared for and we want to encourage her why? I think she should look to heading back to NAFDAC.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Fogman(m): 6:37am On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili

My Dear Friends,

Good morning to you all.

I am sending you this message from the office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to break the good news that God is answering your prayers.

Reports from the various polling stations, as well as from the collation centres of INEC indicate that I am coasting to victory in the Anambra Central Senatorial election.

We are still at INEC’s office awaiting the formal announcement of the results but already collated results show that there is no way any of the other contestants can catch up with me. In fact, I am leading my closest rival, Dr. Chris Ngige of the Action Congress of Nigeria (CAN), with about 15,000 votes in Anaocha Local Government Area while the race is neck-to-neck in other places.

We thank God for His mercies as we await the formal announcement of my victory by INEC.

Please continue to pray for me as the battle is not yet over.

Have a nice Sunday!

Yours sincerely,

Dora

Dream! Dream!! Dream!!!
Every info available to me contradict her claim
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by gernded(m): 7:01am On Apr 10, 2011
IN ANAMBRA ESPECIALLY ANAMBRA CENTRAL WHICH IS PETER OBI'S CENTER I DON'T THINK NGIGE CAN WIN,

AND APGA IS LIKE god's IN THAT STATE SO IF NGIGE WINS GOOD FOR HIM BUT I DOUGH HIS VICTORY OVER APGA.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by dayokanu(m): 7:12am On Apr 10, 2011
So whats the truth in all of these
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by CrudeOil2(m): 7:38am On Apr 10, 2011
Wait till INEC releases the official result.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by EzeUche(m): 7:48am On Apr 10, 2011
ACN will not make inroads into any South-East state.

AMEN
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by CrudeOil2(m): 7:57am On Apr 10, 2011
Another Amen.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by nwabobo: 8:02am On Apr 10, 2011
Fogman:

Dream! Dream!! Dream!!!
Every info available to me contradict her claim

Info from where?
I was just laughing all through yesterday when people and some media houses were making insinuations of an Ngige victory based on the announced results from polling centres in Idemili area where Ngige hails from forgeting that we hadn't heard the result from other areas especially Anaocha which is Dora's home ground with arguably the highest number of voters within that particular senatorial zone.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by otokx(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2011
may the will of the people be done. INEC should hasten up and start announcing official results.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by jmaine: 8:37am On Apr 10, 2011
Let's forget about all this ACN this and APGA that supremacy battle, the bottom line is the rigging likes of Chris and Andy Uba supported by the corrupt center of the PDP led Obasanjo is no longer holding sway and the people votes are actually doing the talking . . Personally i prefer the uprightness of Dora than Ngige . . .Dora could be trusted to speak out than Dr Chris and well both are well educated to carry out their duties effectively . . .

otokx:

may the will of the people be done. INEC should hasten up and start announcing official results.

They promised you 48 hours and we just consumed barely 24 hours . .Patience man
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by Fogman(m): 8:42am On Apr 10, 2011
nwabobo:

Info from where?
I was just laughing all through yesterday when people and some media houses were making insinuations of an Ngige victory based on the announced results from polling centres in Idemili area where Ngige hails from forgeting that we hadn't heard the result from other areas especially Anaocha which is Dora's home ground with arguably the highest number of voters within that particular senatorial zone.

Ngige trashed Akunyili and Okonkwo.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by onyengbu: 9:19am On Apr 10, 2011
Even though i doubt Dora's claim, i am sure it wont be easy for any of them that wins.

Again people should stop claimimg that APGA is popular in anambra. That peter obi sold APGA tickets to PDP crooks like chuma nzeribe, ekwunife, joy emordi does not make APGA popular, reverse is actually the case.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by dayokanu(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2011
It would be close in Anambra though between Ngige and Dora.

I wish Ngige would win
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by texazzpete(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2011
This greedy opportunist has come again with her lies.
After wasting Taxpayers' money with her stupid and harebrained 'Rebranding' project (according to her, the highlight of this project that gulped hundreds of millions of naira was forcing Sony to apologize to Nigeria and banning the District 9 movie) what does she want again in the Senate?

She still has unanswered questions about why after spending 7 billion Naira to buy HD broadcasting equipment, NTA's sports and events coverage is still as grainy and low-res as it was in 2001.

As Kobojunkie says, we haven't forgotten her lies during the Ekiti election re-run. Sorry lady, you can't coast forever on NAFDAC.
Re: We Are Leading With A Wide Margin - Dora Akunyili by ak47mann(m): 10:51am On Apr 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Is it just me or the election is making Nlers misunderstand my posts today?

Refering back to my previous statement. . . . Dora's decision to leave PDP (which was not necessarily a bad thing) was influenced by her husband. My question is, how many of her careless retorts and actions have her husband's influence on them, and how many more should Anambrans expect?

GOOD MORNING MADAM cool cool YOU LOOK VERY NICE ON THAT PIX tongue tongue MY HEART IS BEATING FAST kiss kiss LOOKING VERY HOT NICE EYES tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Solicits 10 Years Jail Term For Abusing The National Flag / Fgn Arrested Pastor Tunde Bakare / CBN To Reintroduce Fee On Remote-on-us ATM Withdrawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.