Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele (17646 Views)

Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor / CBN Governor: Aishah Ahmad, 8 Others Struggle For Emefiele's Job - Daily Sun / Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by grandstar(m): 9:08am On Feb 24, 2021
Foolishbuhari:
What best interest? You didn’t think, you didn’t study the world trend. You just jumped up and banned what you have no single control over.

Central banks of the world are keying into this. Some weeks ago, I brokered on a deal for the central bank of Singapore on bitcoins acquisition. Kenya's central bank is going crypto. Stupid Emefiele thinks he can ban crypto currencies. He's been unable to bring sanity to banking sector with their arbitrary charges. Bitcoins is his problem. Foolish man

Modified:

Someone asked me what I knew that Emefiele didn't so for the benefit of everyone, I'll drop my response.

I know a whole lot Emefiele doesn't because I've played the crypto game with major companies and hedge funds in the world.

Emefiele is just a dumb man, privileged to be CBN governor. But for politics, is Emefiele the best we have to offer? Under him, we've seen our fortunes go down the drain rapidly! We've seen the CBN behave as an Annex to the executive when it should be a stand-alone supervisory and advisory body. We've seen double digit inflation. We've seen banks fleece people of their hard earned monies while he stood by and did nothing!

Due to his silly forex policies, we've seen foreign remittances drop drastically. Not that these monies are not coming into the country, but just like water, Nigerians have found other ways to stay afloat at the detriment of income which could be taxed. Emefiele doesn't know financial markets are fluid! The market isn't some horse you can whip into position! Someone has to tell Emefiele this isn't 1830 and the roles of the central bank has gone beyond issuing statements up and down and stifling innovation.

Tesla a fortune 500 company purchased bitcoins worth $1.5 billion just recently. It will please you to know they've been up in profits to the tune of about a billion dollars extra. If we were thinking critically, isn't that an asset we could rather jump on, to shore up our dwindling Foreign reserves and hedge against inflation threatening to cripple us?

What investments has Emefiele made for the country? In all honesty, WOULD YOU RATHER TAKE FINANCIAL ADVISE FROM EMEFIELE OR SOME LACKEY FROM THE CBN AGAINST ONE FROM THE FINANCIAL TEAM OF ONE OF THE BIGGEST COMPANIES ON PLANET EARTH?

Emefiele was doing okay when Goodluck Jonathan was president. Upon the arrival of PMB, his performance nosedived due to implementing economic dictates from the new presidential, a man who still thought East Germany still existed 25 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

What you said here is majorly correct. How the president can ban crypto without batting but keeps his arms folded when it comes to the issue of the murderous herdsmen beats my imagination

3 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by emmyrate1(m): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2021
martolux:
I later realized that as well. The decision will favour the newbie that are just investing without knowing fully the kind of business they are investing into. Imagine 5 million Nigerian newbies investing N15B buying BTC at the bull price of $50k, what would happen to those newbies and Nigeria's economy if btc falls back to $10k?
am not sure u understand what u are saying, if you know the risk in business u won't type this rubbish, even physical business has its own risk
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Foolishbuhari: 9:20am On Feb 24, 2021
grandstar:

Emefiele was doing okay when Goodluck Jonathan was president. Upon the arrival of PMB, his performance nosedived due to implementing economic dictates from the new presidential, a man who still thought East Germany still existed 25 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

What you said here is majorly correct. How the president can ban crypto without batting but keeps his arms folded when it comes to the issue of the murderous herdsmen beats my imagination

All the blames go to Emefiele because the central bank is an independent agency. That the executives could encroach to start dishing out stupidity is due to the hands of servitude the former showed
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Foolishbuhari: 9:27am On Feb 24, 2021
Viicfuntop:

Hi. May I show you a personal statement of mine for a financial market job ( I won’t go into details just how why I want the company to pick me by telling them policies I would bring)? Thanks

Hi I'm not really a "financial expert" per say as per qualifications. I'm just a man with knowledge of certain markets, policies and it's effect on them and reach to some high players within.

But perhaps I could help if I found the time. How would you like me to?
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by goldenarrow: 9:28am On Feb 24, 2021
larryking540:

and do you think that's a good thing,, haven a wealth that is untraceable.... my guy ,I fit no sabi this bit coin o,but if bitcoin isn't Traceable then there is problem o

As you no sabi am so, is it not better for you to desist from condemning something you don't know anything about?
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Foolishbuhari: 9:32am On Feb 24, 2021
Killermamba:

I like this man

Gracias mi compadre
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Viicfuntop(f): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Hi I'm not really a "financial expert" per say as per qualifications. I'm just a man with knowledge of certain markets, policies and it's effect on them and reach to some high players within.

But perhaps I could help if I found the time. How would you like me to?

Thank you for replying. That’s still enough. I would be done with my personal statement by tomorrow morning. Can I send a mail in the morning regarding it? Thanks
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Foolishbuhari: 9:59am On Feb 24, 2021
Viicfuntop:

Thank you for replying. That’s still enough. I would be done with my personal statement by tomorrow morning. Can I send a mail in the morning regarding it? Thanks

OK

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by DimIsaac10(m): 10:24am On Feb 24, 2021
When I see Economists againsting and supporting, I just laugh... Audio Economists everywhere.... We don't even know who to support.
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by PHijo(m): 10:44am On Feb 24, 2021
You've acted in the interest of stupidity
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Badonasty(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2021
Foolishbuhari:
What best interest? You didn’t think, you didn’t study the world trend. You just jumped up and banned what you have no single control over.

Central banks of the world are keying into this. Some weeks ago, I brokered on a deal for the central bank of Singapore on bitcoins acquisition. Kenya's central bank is going crypto. Stupid Emefiele thinks he can ban crypto currencies. He's been unable to bring sanity to banking sector with their arbitrary charges. Bitcoins is his problem. Foolish man

Modified:

Someone asked me what I knew that Emefiele didn't so for the benefit of everyone, I'll drop my response.

I know a whole lot Emefiele doesn't because I've played the crypto game with major companies and hedge funds in the world.

Emefiele is just a dumb man, privileged to be CBN governor. But for politics, is Emefiele the best we have to offer? Under him, we've seen our fortunes go down the drain rapidly! We've seen the CBN behave as an Annex to the executive when it should be a stand-alone supervisory and advisory body. We've seen double digit inflation. We've seen banks fleece people of their hard earned monies while he stood by and did nothing!

Due to his silly forex policies, we've seen foreign remittances drop drastically. Not that these monies are not coming into the country, but just like water, Nigerians have found other ways to stay afloat at the detriment of income which could be taxed. Emefiele doesn't know financial markets are fluid! The market isn't some horse you can whip into position! Someone has to tell Emefiele this isn't 1830 and the roles of the central bank has gone beyond issuing statements up and down and stifling innovation.

Tesla a fortune 500 company purchased bitcoins worth $1.5 billion just recently. It will please you to know they've been up in profits to the tune of about a billion dollars extra. If we were thinking critically, isn't that an asset we could rather jump on, to shore up our dwindling Foreign reserves and hedge against inflation threatening to cripple us?

What investments has Emefiele made for the country? In all honesty, WOULD YOU RATHER TAKE FINANCIAL ADVISE FROM EMEFIELE OR SOME LACKEY FROM THE CBN AGAINST ONE FROM THE FINANCIAL TEAM OF ONE OF THE BIGGEST COMPANIES ON PLANET EARTH?

very sound arguments
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2021
martolux:
I later realized that as well. The decision will favour the newbie that are just investing without knowing fully the kind of business they are investing into. Imagine 5 million Nigerian newbies investing N15B buying BTC at the bull price of $50k, what would happen to those newbies and Nigeria's economy if btc falls back to $10k?
You are a crypto illiterate.
If you trade profitably, you will benefit from both rise and fall but if you are buying to keep you may fall victim of your assertion above

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by newisd75: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2021
when i see how the flow of money has increase into d bank account of bandits and boko haram, then i kown that d whole thing is just political, as d know that if 80% of nigerians become rich with cryptocurrency, it will have a negative effect on election time when d want 2 buy voters with #1000 or #5000
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by piagetskinner(m): 11:56am On Feb 24, 2021
Shove your stupid interest up your arse
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by authority2006(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
DominusPrime:

Now use the other half ot your brain to ask what will happen to those newbies if btc rises to $100k?
If there can be a fall there can also be a rise. Reason fully.

More like gambling, lazy ass people. I'm not surprised though
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Viicfuntop(f): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

OK

Hi, so to be honest my field is in the sciences and I want to apply for this commercial position. Is it forward to say I need your input? Can I send a mail now? Thanks
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Arewa12: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
miky:
What do you know that emiefele doesn’t ? And without insult please articulate your answers, because I am interested

And oh India and China banned, why would that happen?

This same china as a lot of crypto mining farm due to cheap electricity, what you don't is that china has reap enough from cryptocurrency. They have mining farms all over china, China as one of the highest hashing rate.
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Arewa12: 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
Batam:

You are a crypto illiterate.
If you trade profitably, you will benefit from both rise and fall but if you are buying to keep you may fall victim of your assertion above

Only novice will support CBN. That's why when friends were saying they want to invest under me I said no because I know if something comes up I don enter one chance be that. Let only me be enduring rise and fall of the market.
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Optional09: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
Inspirelove:
Digital money issued by who ? please tell me the person that issued it and on whose authority ? if any bank has issue today CBN can help out, if crypto has issue who shall you cry to ? these guys are scammers, they know Africans will believe anything coming from them.

Suck yourself until you cum, i have a bitcoin debit card.

No one need authority to spend money, bitcoin is worth more than your paper money it’s an asset

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
authority2006:

More like gambling, lazy ass people. I'm not surprised though

True it's a gamble. Now why hasn't the fed govt banned babijebu and betnaija and the likes if truly they have our interests at heart?
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by adewasco19(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
Omoale jati jati
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Goodman247: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
A very useless cbn governor with foolish leaders, God y did you put me in Nigeria
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Foolishbuhari: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Viicfuntop:

Hi, so to be honest my field is in the sciences and I want to apply for this commercial position. Is it forward to say I need your input? Can I send a mail now? Thanks

Hi I understand. I don't receive PM for security reasons.

Kindly send what you want to winix95796@geeky83.com kindly do so ASAP. I'll reply
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Viicfuntop(f): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Hi I understand. I don't receive PM for security reasons.

Kindly send what you want to winix95796@geeky83.com kindly do so ASAP. I'll reply

Thank you. I just sent a mail to that account
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Foolishbuhari: 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
Viicfuntop:

Thank you. I just sent a mail to that account

Hi I got your email. You don't need my help. This is something you can handle by yourself. Just do a good pitch as ought and you'll be fine.

I wish you the best smiley
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Viicfuntop(f): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Hi I got your email. You don't need my help. This is something you can handle by yourself. Just do a good pitch as ought and you'll be fine.

I wish you the best smiley

Thanks anyway.
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Angelawhite(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Everything in life is a gamble dear Angela. Nothing is cast in stone. A little question for you. Piggyvest pays investors about 15% annually on principal right? How do you think they make those monies?

If you took your funds and personally put them in the business schemes piggyvest places funds, I believe you will get more than 15% as interest. Which goes to tell you, life rewards the bold and daring.

Again I tell you, Everything is life is a gamble my dear. Question is are you gambling on the right side? Are you holding the right cards or chips?

I am not against gambling or anything anybody chooses to do with his money. I’m only against the notion that crypto is a currency.

The value of a true currency is driven by economic factors. I see people comparing buying crypto as buying stock. The value of a stock is proportional to its growth with respect to its market share and value.
The value attached to crypto is determined by artificial scarcity, hoarding, etc.

It’s also important not to turn a blind eye to the issues the government raised. Has it become a safe haven for money laundering, ransom payment, etc.
Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by Foolishbuhari: 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
Angelawhite:

I am not against gambling or anything anybody chooses to do with his money. I’m only against the notion that crypto is a currency.

The value of a true currency is driven by economic factors. I see people comparing buying crypto as buying stock. The value of a stock is proportional to its growth with respect to its market share and value.
The value attached to crypto is determined by artificial scarcity, hoarding, etc.

[b]It’s also important not to turn a blind eye to the issues the government raised. Has it become a safe haven fo[/b]r money laundering, ransom payment, etc.

My dear, money is ANYTHING that has value and can be used as exchange for goods and services. The legality of money is in its acceptance for use. We used cowries as money those days. Are they still valid means of payment today?

Crypto currencies is an idea which isn't dying anytime soon, like it or not; It's come to stay.

Going by your bolded takes, how many kidnap gangs has the government been able to handle with cash payment? The gang of fulani terrorists going about kidnapping and killing people now, are the ransom they are collecting through bitcoins?

Didn't people launder the naira and weren't these there before crypto currencies became a thing? Was it through bitcoins Maina laundered over 20 billion naira out of the country?

Your government has recently being alleged to pay ₦800M to terrorists as ransom. Why didn't they ban the naira or dollars?

You see its not even a valid argument right? If they were doing their job of over sight and the government was upright in the discharge of their duties on security matters, maybe kidnaps won't be this rampant.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by fwallex4truth: 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2021
Father please don't listen to this foolish forgiveness.

rocknation62:
Father Forgive Emefiele for he did not know what he’s saying...

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: We Acted In Nigerians’ Best Interest – Emefiele by grandstar(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

All the blames go to Emefiele because the central bank is an independent agency. That the executives could encroach to start dishing out stupidity is due to the hands of servitude the former showed

I concur with what you said. I've always believed Emefiele failed to stand up to the president like SLS would have.

We have to remember that Emefiele was hired because GEJ wanted someone submissive at the CBN head, not an assertive personality like SLS.

Jonathan unknowingly placed the best man for PMB at the helm, someone submissive enough to implement quackery upon the president's say so.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Midnight Fire Guts Olaleye Market In Somolu, Lagos / BUA Group Signs Technology Deal With France's Axens For A Refinery In Akwa Ibom / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.