Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo (32962 Views)

Anambra: PDP Disqualifies, Ozigbo, Others, Clears Uba, Odua, Ekwunife / Introduction Of Oduduwa Anthem In Ondo: Northern Elders Kick / Kesington Adebutu Becomes Odole Odua, Obasanjo And Others Present (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by nencounter10: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
theFilmtric:

cheesy grin
Wikipedia is trash??
Then what's your source?

theFilmtricsay

Brother, Ilajes are not indigenous to Lagos nor to Ogun be state. They are like fulanis. Anywhere you find fishable water you find them even up to as far as Cameroon. That there are Ilaje settlements in different places outside ondo doesn't mean they hail from there. I know this for sure because my mother is Ilaje. I

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by zinizta: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:

Stop smoking cat shlt.
Do your research
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Britain is an over hype empire but your people were slaves to them for years. The land mass of Nigeria was given by the British.

You don't call Oyo an empire. Boy! Oyo was never an empire. Yorubas with their slavery attitude will get to a land and serve them they reproduce. They are never in conflict with the owners of the land because they are wimps. That's how you people penetrate. Like the itsekiri in Delta .
E pain am. Weak Benin empire with 4 local governmemts
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Britain is an over hype empire but your people were slaves to them for years. The land mass of Nigeria was given by the British.

You don't call Oyo an empire. Boy! Oyo was never an empire. Yorubas with their slavery attitude will get to a land and serve them they reproduce. They are never in conflict with the owners of the land because they are wimps. That's how you people penetrate. Like the itsekiri in Delta .

We were all subjugated by the british, dummy...just cope with it, you people will remain cash cow minorities as long as nigeria exists. Who is the slave now, one who develops his land with your oyel or one whose oyel feeds the big boys but is left in his poverty....lols, ijaw rat slave.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Let the Oni of Ife say that to the oba of Benin. Or the alafin of Oyo. Some of you have been told lies go and read . Benin empire overrides you Oyo empire
Benin is just over hyped weak empire with no trace of any empire. Why did your Benin have 4 local governments today if you are an empire

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

State government are solving that already. So no cause for alarm
In south west, Fulani's were killed most in Oyo state
In 2000, up to 80 Fulani's were killed at once
Same thing happened Feb 13 2020 where 30 Hausa Fulani's were killed
Last year in Saki, Fulani with his cow and trucks were burnt alive

So no be today we din dey deal with Fulani's

Na bragging be this. Tell us how you people became slaves all over the world
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by INCREDIBLE007(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:
Yes and that inclusiveness is that they must sing oodua anthem
MUST is undemocratic bros
well with the tonation of their concern and the fact that AK47 is not involve
it's either they'll live with it or the Ondo govt will do something about it
chikena
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by zinizta: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
nencounter10:

Brother, Ilajes are not indigenous to Lagos nor to Ogun be state. They are like fulanis. Anywhere you find fishable water you find them even up to as far as Cameroon. That there are Ilaje settlements in different places outside ondo doesn't mean they hail from there. I know this for sure because my mother is Ilaje. I
..a question. Is Sowore of Sahara Reporters Yoruba? Think carefully because He is Ilaje
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Let the Oni of Ife say that to the oba of Benin. Or the alafin of Oyo. Some of you have been told lies go and read . Benin empire overrides you Oyo empire

I piss on your local government chairman's head(oba of Benin). Fvck off.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
nencounter10:

At least they are Yoruba
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by nencounter10: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
Uchasa:

Immediately your stupid source mentioned Delta, I was convinced that it's thrash!
Ilajes are indigenous to Ondo,Ogun and Lagos and they are not Yorubas.

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Na bragging be this. Tell us how you people became slaves all over the world
E pain am. Tell me how your weak Benin empire only have 4 local governments today
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by zinizta: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Thats a lie. Benin empire only ruled Edo state
If they ruled ondo and ekiti, why are they speaking Yoruba today ?

I hate arguing with you cos you dispute facts so why should I give you more facts the way your mind works you can dispute 2 plus 2 under base 10 isn't 4
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
theFilmtric:

cheesy cheesy grin
First ignorance
Then Delusion
I aint replying you no more

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

theFilmtricsay

You are done. You have nothing to say nitwit. I am done with you I move to the next Yoruba slaves
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

MUST is undemocratic bros

well with the tonation of their concern
and the fact that AK47 is not involve

it's either
they'll live with it or the Ondo govt will do something about it

chikena
Yes now. They will live with it because some of them have even accepted their fate by speaking Yoruba and bearing Yoruba names
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
zinizta:
..a question. Is Sowore of Sahara Reporters Yoruba? Think carefully because He is Ilaje
No he is apoi not ilaje. Wikki is there to check
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by hotwax: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ijaws are claiming Benin ...benin claiming lagos, igbos claiming delta, Ijaw claiming delta...everyone is claiming...

I know Ondo very well, Ijaws are not even up to 1% of the population...I sense the hands of fulanis here... Fulanis are sponsoring some people.

Its like Ibo people claiming Ile-Ife... It doesnt add up. Its about odua nation vs fulanis....

Dont forget, Ijaw are in some riverrine area of lagos..I hope they will not claim lagos too

But come to think of it, Fulanis are claiming ibadan now...Yoruba lands are hotcake to all tribes in Nigeria..Yorubas are blessed, but they dont know it

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:

I piss on your local government chairman's head(oba of Benin). Fvck off.

Come Benin come don am. Your papa nor fit collect your dead body

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
zinizta:

I hate arguing with you cos you dispute facts so why should I give you more facts the way your mind works you can dispute 2 plus 2 under base 10 isn't 4
You don't know history. Benin empire only controls today's Edo state
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Sifia pains my Benin slave
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Benin is just over hyped weak empire with no trace of any empire. Why did your Benin have 4 local governments today if you are an empire

Why is the great Britain influence reduce Soo drastically. Empire rise and fall. Oyo was never one and still not one
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by theFilmtric: 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
nencounter10:

They don't have to be indigenous to Lagos or Ogun to be Yoruba
Yoruba has hundreds of dialects and sections
Show your mum this wikipedia page
Let her object
The Ilajes are a
distinct migratory coastal linguistic group of
Yoruba peoples spread along the coastal
belts of Ondo, Ogun, Lagos and Delta states,
and originally made up of four geo-political
entities namely: Ode Ugbo, Ode Mahin, Ode
Etikan and Aheri. While most...~wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilaje

theFilmtricsay
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Why is the great Britain influence reduce Soo drastically. Empire rise and fall. Oyo was never one and still not one
Shut up Benin was never an empire. Weak empire with 2 local governments. Minority tribe
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by IamAsiri: 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Well everyone knows ijaws very well. Ondo state know them very well
But considering the fact that even ijaws now speak Yoruba and yorubas also speak Yoruba only in ondo state, ijaws have no option than to continue singing the odua anthem
They aren't even up to 50,000 in ondo state with 4m indigineous population
Ijaws have had trouble with ilaje Yoruba's in the past which made ilajes invite opc who dealt with them then.
So theres no cause for alarm

I don't understand why it's being called odua anthem. Why can't they just call it Ondo anthem? At least there are 100 different dialects in Ondo state if I'm not exaggerating and only few towns speak Yoruba expressly, though that's not to say the other towns don't speak Yoruba too generally.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by zinizta: 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

No he is apoi not ilaje. Wikki is there to check
apoi? Ijaw! Ok, I would have sworn he is Ilaje. He is from Ondo state as well. So, can you say he isn't Yoruba?�
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Sifia pains my Benin slave

There is never a Benin slave. Tell me how Yorubas got to Benin republic, Togo, Ghana Cuba Brazil Argentina. It was Tru slave trade baby . It was Tru slave trade. History tells us that. And you history can't lie. Yorubas are beating cest because they have the backing off the north. The north will soon find friends in the South south and you people will return been slaves. Ask tinubu
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
IamAsiri:

I don't understand why it's being called odua anthem. Why can't they just call it Ondo anthem? At least there are 100 different dialects in Ondo state if I'm not exaggerating and only few towns speak Yoruba expressly, though that's not to say the other towns don't speak Yoruba too generally.
Whether dialect or not. We only have 99 % Yoruba 1% ijaw in ondo state. Whether dialect or not, its still Yoruba langauge they speak just different tone.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by zinizta: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
IamAsiri:

Yoruba dialects
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

What am I looking for in wh0re and cultist yard called Benin.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by ruffDiamond: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Fantasticcc:
Ondo is not a Yoruba state, Yorubas should be careful
see one of the f00l being sponsored by the scared supporter of APC up North,,, no ,na abokk state ..Odei
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by theFilmtric: 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
BastardWike:

In as much as I'm not holding brief for Ijaws but you're wrong in using Odi massacre to threaten them. OBJ used the opportunity of being the president of Nigeria to commit that crime and get away with it. However, when Nigeria breaks up, it will be Ijaw vs Oduduwa and I think that's a fairly balanced fight.

Again, Ijaws have fought with Yorubas sometime ago in Lagos, your home soil and they didn't fair badly grin grin
I thought Lagos was “no man's land?? grin

theFilmtricsay
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

There is never a Benin slave. Tell me how Yorubas got to Benin republic, Togo, Ghana Cuba Brazil Argentina. It was Tru slave trade baby . It was Tru slave trade. History tells us that. And you history can't lie. Yorubas are beating cest because they have the backing off the north. The north will soon find friends in the South south and you people will return been slaves. Ask tinubu
Benin was never an empire my Benin slave

Let me give you example of Oyo empire

Oyo state today has the largest landmass and highest number of indigenes in southern nigeria

The Yoruba we speak today is Oyo Yoruba

The word Yoruba was coined from Oyo which means Oyo is king(oyo roba)

There are ethnic Oyo in osun state, Oyo state, Ogun state

Ikoyi in Lagos state today is an Oyo chief who migrated from old Oyo ile

Oyo subgroup is the highest among Yorubas today

So thats Oyo empire

My Benin slave is in sifia pains

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Boko Haram Children Isolated In IDP Camp In Borno - Photos / Policeman Punches Man Trying To Remove APC Flag From Ortom's Jeep (Video) / Okorocha Gets A Heroes Reception In Kano (Pix Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.