Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,081 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:32 AM

Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo (32977 Views)

Anambra: PDP Disqualifies, Ozigbo, Others, Clears Uba, Odua, Ekwunife / Introduction Of Oduduwa Anthem In Ondo: Northern Elders Kick / Kesington Adebutu Becomes Odole Odua, Obasanjo And Others Present (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by hotwax: 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Yorubas always fabricating stories to help themselves. Oduduwa fell from heaven. Oyo was an empire. Now it is Yoruba is from Oyo roba. My friend go and study.

How old are you? Cuz you sound under age...

Or dont they teach social studies in schools any more,..

Study this link

https://www.britannica.com/place/Oyo-empire
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by BlackPantherxXx: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Shut up oloripelebe ipobian

I dey support u ni nah grin
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Yorubas always fabricating stories to help themselves. Oduduwa fell from heaven. Oyo was an empire. Now it is Yoruba is from Oyo roba. My friend go and study.
Shut up. Benin was never an empire with 2 local govetnments. Truth is bitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:

I dey support u ni nah grin
Lol sorry my bad

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
hotwax:

How old are you? Cuz you sound under age...

Or dont they teach social studies in schools any more,..

Study this link

https://www.britannica.com/place/Oyo-empire

Mumu. What I can see there is how the Nupe people destroy Oyo. How Dahomey drove out the Oyo people into ibadan. Mumu you think say we nor know. Fabricators. Always trying to paint yourself white. The north will withdraw it's backing and we will see you. Wimps

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Shut up. Benin was never an empire with 2 local govetnments. Truth is bitter

Slaves! Ask tinubu
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by NaijirianKing: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
Interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Slaves! Ask tinubu
Tinubu richer than all my Benin slaves
Can any good thing come out of your backward wretched poverty stricken Benin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Ondo is a multi tribal state, there is no room for any ethnic domination.

There is nothing like multi tribal just ijaw and yorubas or you don't know the meaning of multi
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Notasyouthink: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
MENELIIK:

Yes, the combined output of Abia and Imo states is less than 30,000 barrels per day while Ondo is 60,000 and Lagos has been confirmed to have a capacity of 40,000bpd. The implication is that while Yoruba land produced a combined output of 100,000 bpd, Igbo land is producing less than 30000bpd
Rubbish!

Where did you get that junk from??
Lagos has no oil fact and the spot that oil is found in ondo belongs to the ijaws in ondo fact.
You cannot deceive me with any junk coming from Lagos ibadan brown envelope media.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Danzakidakura(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2021
Sheggy13:

Shut up. You're a hypocrite. Talking about others hating on you as if you show those people love. You insult Yorubas at will but can't stand such insults. You guys come on here to call Yorubas all sort of derogatory names - Afonja, conehead, hydraulic soup eater etc. Practice what you preach.
hahahahah @ hydraulic soup grin grin grin
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by jbhitler(m): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
We are proudly Ijaws and no apology for that.what we asked for is to have a version of the state anthem in our language.keep on spewing gibberish,beat the drums of war,insult the tribe that feeds you,call us names.oppression makes an Ijaw mad.if hand no touch you ,you no go know.war no good my brother,no start am.instead of guns and ammunition let's use dialogue.lastly, we don't depend on Yoruba's the way Yoruba's depends on us.only boom for ATLAS for lagos last time,you get the gist naa.HAA IZON!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by emerged01(m): 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2021
Just odua anthem na him cause problem? Na Nigeria get problem. How is it a problem to ijaw people?
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by alfredilly: 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2021
Fantasticcc:
Ondo is not a Yoruba state, Yorubas should be careful
The composition of Ijaw in Ondo state deserve to be observed from historical perspective. Ese-Odo local government where Ijaw had carved a home for themselves are of two subethnic group, the Ijaws and the Apoi. Though Ijaw constitutes the minority in these areas, it is believed the majority Apoi are historical descendants of Ijaw. Their arrival into the territory predate the currently known Ijaw people. Theit language had also transformed over time. They now speak a close variant of the numerous Ondo south dialects. The activist, Omoyele Sowore is an Apoi man. That explain why he claims not to be Yoruba.

The same can be said of Ikale tribe, who occupied the two local government of Irele and Okitipupa. It is claimed the Irele migrated from Benin. I've also come across Okitipupa person who claim her family are Benin. Their ancestral surname is Idebi, a Benin language.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by nencounter10: 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Eguns have Oyo and Dahomey blood

Eguns are never yorubas. They are originally from the now Benin republic.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by hotwax: 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Mumu. What I can see there is how the Nupe people destroy Oyo. How Dahomey drove out the Oyo people into ibadan. Mumu you think say we nor know. Fabricators. Always trying to paint yourself white. The north will withdraw it's backing and we will see you. Wimps

I am very stupid for responding to you...Someone is saying Oxygen is not a gas and I am arguing with the person...

If you follow a lunatic patient argue, you will become lunatic too...

What was I thinking? Oga no vex..pass dey go

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Tinubu richer than all my Benin slaves
Can any good thing come out of your backward wretched poverty stricken Benin?

Money wen he steal from hardworking Yoruba slaves in Lagos. Hhhahahahhahahhahaahah

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by nencounter10: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
theFilmtric:

They don't have to be indigenous to Lagos or Ogun to be Yoruba
Yoruba has hundreds of dialects and sections
Show your mum this wikipedia page
Let her object
The Ilajes are a
distinct migratory coastal linguistic group of
Yoruba peoples spread along the coastal
belts of Ondo, Ogun, Lagos and Delta states,
and originally made up of four geo-political
entities namely: Ode Ugbo, Ode Mahin, Ode
Etikan and Aheri. While most...~wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilaje

theFilmtricsay

Ilajes are definitely yorubas. I was not saying otherwise.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
hotwax:

I am very stupid for responding to you...Someone is saying Oxygen is not a gas and I am arguing with the person...

If you follow a lunatic patient argue, you will become lunatic too...

What was I thinking? Oga no vex..pass dey go

Na you pass dey fo. I full ground. After forming alliance with the north to steal una go come dey carry body. God punish una well well.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
jbhitler:
We are proudly Ijaws and no apology for that.what we asked for is to have a version of the state anthem in our language.keep on spewing gibberish,beat the drums of war,insult the tribe that feeds you,call us names.oppression makes an Ijaw mad.if hand no touch you ,you no go know.war no good my brother,no start am.instead of guns and ammunition let's use dialogue.lastly, we don't depend on Yoruba's the way Yoruba's depends on us.only boom for ATLAS for lagos last time,you get the gist naa.HAA IZON!!!
Shut up are you from ondo state. Ijaws in ondo state are Yoruba's

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
nencounter10:

Eguns are never yorubas. They are originally from the now Benin republic.
Today egun have Yoruba bloodline. Read about Oyo empire

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 2:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Lol sorry my bad

Mumu people ������������������������������
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Money wen he steal from hardworking Yoruba slaves in Lagos. Hhhahahahhahahhahaahah
At least Yoruba's are hardworking. Benin are slaves whose only job are armed robbery, kidnapping, prostitution, baby factory, rituals

You even exported cultism and armed robbery to Europe

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by jneutron4000: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2021
nengibo:

Ijaws have been in Ogun since, the same way Yoruba have been in Edo and Delta
Ijaw know they are migrants in Ogun, Ondo and Lagos even in some part of Itehkiri land.
Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Na you pass dey fo. I full ground. After forming alliance with the north to steal una go come dey carry body. God punish una well well.
Na your useless oloriburuku alayebaje arisunkun father God go punish. Omo ofo olofo didan

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by theFilmtric: 2:53pm On Feb 24, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Mumu people ������������������������������
Sifia pains my cultist Benin slave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by nengibo: 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
jneutron4000:
Ijaw know they are migrants in Ogun, Ondo and Lagos even in some part of Itehkiri land.
Itsekiri can't give anyone land cause they're of an offshoot of yoruba and benin in the westen delta, the name itsekiri itself is Ijaw language which isn't out of place because of their matrilineal descent

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by geemd434: 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Na your useless oloriburuku alayebaje arisunkun father God go punish. Omo ofo olofo didan

Hand go soon touch you. Dey there they make mouth. Think say na ibadan or Lagos where una go carry boys for osun ondo ekiti ogun go fight. Una for Benin go soon see paper

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by alfredilly: 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
Goke7:

This is their pain, yorubas are proud to exhibit their culture anywhere they are which speaks of healthy self image reason they don't have issues with their host unlike others whose inferiority complex is always a basis for useless agitations.

Apoi recognize their Ijaw as their ancestry. In fact, many town in Apoiland have a name with Ijaw root e.g Igbobini. Even their festival are still conducted in Ijaw language.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by nengibo: 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
Givaxy:

Shut up are you from ondo state. Ijaws in ondo state are Yoruba's
Yorubas in Ilorin are Fulani

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo by Givaxy: 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
geemd434:

Hand go soon touch you. Dey there they make mouth. Think say na ibadan or Lagos where una go carry boys for osun ondo ekiti ogun go fight. Una for Benin go soon see paper
Hahaha my Benin slave from 2 by 2 local governments. Benin is cursed. Oba of Benin is cursed

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of Dino Melaye's Campaign In Kabba, Kogi West Senatorial District / Nnamdi Kanu's Wife Delivers A Bouncing Baby Boy / Forgive Me When I Said That APC Is An Islamic Party, It Was A Joke –ekwunife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.