Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt (6101 Views)

Yahaya Sharif-Aminu: Protest In Kano Over "Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad" / Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates / Rabiu Kwankwaso Orders Civil Disobedience In Kano Over Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by agwom(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
About one month after the West African Examination Council (WAEC) released the results of candidates who sat for its November/December examination, the fate of over 70,000 students in Kano State is still hanging in the balance, Daily Trust has learned.

It was gathered WAEC decided to withhold their results over the State government’s failure to settle their registration fees as earlier promised.

This, Daily Trust further learned, has made most of the affected candidates indecisive, especially those seeking admission into higher institutions with awaiting results.

A source in WAEC said the examination body has decided to hold on to the results until when the State government settles the registration fees, as it has released results of private candidates.

When Daily Trust correspondent contacted the State’s Commissioner for Education, Muhammad Sanusi Sa’id Kiru, he said he should wait till Wednesday evening when he will give an address on the issue.

Daily Trust reports that WAEC, on January 2021, released results of 1,209,992 candidates who took the examination across the country, where 894,101 candidates scored credits in English and Mathematics.

https://dailytrust.com/waec-yet-to-release-result-of-70000-students-in-kano-over-debt

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Commonguy(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Nawa oo
wetin come concern the students results with the debt wey government no wan pay now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Wealthyone: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Won tun ko WAEC l'awin cheesy cheesy cheesy wetin Emeka no go see for market.

12 Likes

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by catice(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lol. Thats my tax money right there! grin Imagine state Govt. Pays for WAEC fees, how amazing and we are being milked like hell for the same exam in the south. Northerners and Southerners in Nigeria aren't the same. Some are just pre-programmed with the perception of being sacred cows. grin grin tongue

9 Likes

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by obicoolnino: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Q
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Lovelies1: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ok

Dedicate this comment to Benue state Governor
The only Governor I Know with his head intact

Unlike the idiots ones who are cultist related and take pleasure in the blood being shed in the state in which they are elected as governor
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Favemmzar200(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
Daddy don chop una money, make una go sleep

Me thinking education was free

1 Like

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by DennisEche(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
So them de write waec and pay later, Only in the North. WAEC on credit

8 Likes

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Farid24224(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
No worry, they still go release am.....

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Favemmzar200(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
Dollipii:
This reminds me of when they held my results
why na, was it outsanding or just normal
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by sunshineV(f): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
how did they write the exam without paying?

1 Like

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by TriCee: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
Debt? What is the state government doing?
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Mindlog: 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
WAEC exams on credit? shocked shocked The State government should settle the debt soonest.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Moneymagnet24(m): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
Stale news coming from a failed government. Third world, if you look at the north you would think it's one of those normadic countries like Zimbabwe. grin

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Almubarak5: 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
The day Nigerian youth (South) realize breaking the bonds with the North is the key to progress, development starts... Paying bandits and repentant terrorist but can’t fund education.
The southern elders needs to be slaughtered, enslaving their own people like this.
Tueh!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by tamdun: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
Wealthyone:
Won tun ko WAEC l'awin cheesy cheesy cheesy wetin Emeka no go see for market.
grin

1 Like

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by TitanzStudio(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
Am searching for Change
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Oyindamolah: 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
You have free stocks waiting! Join #Trove and we'll both get =N=50,000 shares of either Dangote Sugar or GT Bank FOR FREE. How? check my signature

"My job pays me well but it is very challenging to work with my boss! He's always asking me out. I told him I'm married but he won't listen. I love my husband though he's trusting God for a job, so we've been living on my income.

"What should I do?"

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by adesegun121(m): 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ok
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Marvieduke(f): 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
If not for the greed of our leaders. Education should be free
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by anibi9674: 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ok
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Seniorwriter(m): 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lolz

Wahala be like bicycle.......
Kano SG should bail them out through FG after all this same administration gave terrorists money for unfounded reasons

In another news get in touch with me if you have an underperforming product for a sales boost locomotive tested and trusted!!!

I'm always on facebook for legal transaction convos....

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!

@seniorwriter
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by nsiba: 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
But if na to pay terrorist and Hisbah police dem no go waste time!
Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Favemmzar200(m): 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Dollipii:

Just Normal withheld
I had a friend whose results were withheld. Till today I don't know the reason for this withheld, abi u pass the exam well well and surprise them

1 Like

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Maxcollins042(m): 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
You don't need to one to be boiling some stuff in a simmering cauldron, wearing pointed hats, perched on a flying broom, wearing a wicked laugh, have a crooked nose, have wrinkled skin, and gangly body frame before you identify them as a witch. They can take on other forms such as this state's government's. Look at how doubled down they are to frustrate the governed.

Tueh!!!!!!!!!!

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
We pay for waec in the South while the North write on credit

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
sad
Where in the south can a student register for waec without paying fully the last kobo sad
But in the North students register on credit sad
How do northern schools even broker that arrangement with waec officials?
It's like Nigeria is two different countries;
A capitalist south and a communist North.
The North basically lives on subsidy, which unfortunately is paid for by the south.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari 45th Birthday(2016) Vs Aisha Buhari@50.(2021). (something's Wrong.) / Tinubu Slumps At Arewa Lecture Series In Kaduna / Nigeria’s Fiscal Crisis Worsens With Slump In Oil Production To 1.08m Bdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.