Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:12 AM

You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo (2467 Views)

See The Way Buhari Is Looking At Osinbajo. PHOTOS / Afenifere Tackles Osinbajo: You Are A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe / You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Tackles Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
The Pan Yoruba Socio-political group, Afenifere, has carpeted Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, over his claim that the ongoing insecurity in the country particularly kidnapping and banditry were being exaggerated by Nigerians.

The General Assembly of the group on Tuesday at the Akure home of its leader, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, who berated Prof. Osinbajo over the comment made on Sunday while addressing some Nigerians in New York, maintained that the growing trends of insecurity in the country is an indication of a failed state, particularly with the recent security alerts issued by the United Kingdom and United States of America to their citizens over security threats in most parts of the country.

While stating that the development calls for concern, the group stressed that it does not reflect truthfulness on the part of the Vice-President as “Yorubaland is Still Under Siege” as well the continued “traumatization of our people by Fulani herdsmen/kidnappers/militia all across the Six states in the zone as well as Kwara and Kogi States.”

Recall that the Vice President had during a town hall meeting in New York on Sunday evening while responding to questions and comments as regards “high rate of killings and kidnappings” in the country stated that, “With respect to general kidnapping which we have seen in parts of the country, again, this is not entirely new. In fact, some of the kidnapping stories you read or listen to are simply not true anywhere, some are fuelled by politics.

At the meeting, Osinbajo added that, “There are cases of kidnapping, no question at all about that, but some of the more dramatic stories that you hear are simply not true.”

According to the National Publicity Secretary of the group, Yinka Odumakin who signed the communiqué after the meeting, Afenifere, “frowned at this unfortunate comments by the Vice President who shames the Yoruba people with his very cheap politicking with the lives of Nigerians.”

The communiqué read in parts, “All the reports provided clear indications of failure of state as the security forces have largely incapable or unwilling to safeguard the lives of our people against these Criminals as we are not aware of any of them that has been arrested or is under trial at the moment just as all the Federal Government has done so far is to make excuses for the Boko Haram and Miyetti Allah groups that have been accused of so many crimes against the people of Nigeria.

“It is against this backdrop that the meeting was scandalized by the opportunistic and provocative utterances of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo in NewYork on Sunday dismissing the danger we are faced with in Yorubaland as well as by other zones in Nigeria as being “politically motivated.”

“As if he is unaware that we are in a digital world, which explains why America and Britain have issued travel directives to their citizens not travel to more than 2/3 of Nigeria, the VP without much thought for his integrity stated “With respect to general kidnapping which we have

seen in parts of the country ,again, this is not entirely new. In fact, some of the kidnapping stories you read or listen to are simply not true anywhere, some are fueled by politics.”

Afenifere added that even the presidency cannot shy away from the pervading insecurity in country particularly as it affects the president’s hometown, Daura as well as dignitaries across the country.

“Is the report of the kidnap of a District Head from President Buhari’s town from May 1 till date politically motivated? And was the President speaking of another country when he handed kidnappers on rampage to God?

“Was former Health Minister, Prof Isaac Adewole playing politics when it was announced that his son was kidnapped ?

“What politics was afoot when the Ondo State Governor recently announced that his convoy was waylaid by kidnappers?

“If he cannot answer these questions, he should kneel before his God and ask for forgiveness for violating “Thou shall not lie” commandment .We further admonish him not to allow whatever ambition and political interest he serves to push him to make such infuriating comments as the No 2 man in the country again.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/25/youre-pastor-stop-lying-nigeria-not-safe-afenifere-tackles-osinbajo/

lalasticlala
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
He can't stop again.

Lying has eaten deep into his pastoral fabrics

He pains me so much how this man missed graduating ceremony in Heaven while on earth

So HEAVEN AT LAST Osinbajo won't be part of it..

#Tears.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osagyefo98:

the VP without much thought for his integrity stated “With respect to general kidnapping which we have

seen in parts of the country ,again, this is not entirely new. In fact, some of the kidnapping stories you read or listen to are simply not true anywhere, some are fueled by politics.”
https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/25/youre-pastor-stop-lying-nigeria-not-safe-afenifere-tackles-osinbajo/
I am speechless undecided

A professor of law that lacks confidence undecided sad sad

When this man did not speak up when they were killing Christians all because of his meal tickets, I had doubts about him

When he defended home feeding, I questioned his character

A professor that couldn't find a basic solution for school lockdowns or strike

When he went about giving traders N10,000, I questioned his sense of business/reasoning undecided

Just like so many Nigeria's Vice President, he is nothing but a puppet

It's painful, Not that it's new, because people like me stopped listening to Osibanjo, years ago undecided

Let me ask Osibanjo a question, are these people acting movies, if so, what's the name of the movie

Modified:
TheRareGem1:

Stop being foolish and quit exposing your ignorance here abeg, a quick search on Google would have given you and answers but you just want to stay daft.. these pictures you added as caption happened in Borno and last I check, VP is not the President in fact when he was acting, he went to the scene amid aides advising him not to go but the man was adamant, he went. Zulum is trying but President need to declare a state of emergency in Borno especially. In all the trash you spew now, no way forward. Typical no brainer
The daft one here is YOU! No one said he's the president but he should stop telling lies!!! Do you know what people are going through

He's not so different from the Pharisees in the Bible

The pictures are nothing but an evidence that he's lying, are people not dying

What's political about dead bodies here and there

Don't even let me start with you!

You are even worse for jumping to defend him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Zero2Hundred: 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
Politics is satanic in Nigeria
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Eriokanmi: 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
I'm so disappointed at Osinbajo. No man of God runs his mouth thus way. Tiday-today, 18 people were reportedly killed in kaduna South by terrorists whom our government have nicknamed armed bandits, herdsmen , cattle rustlers, armed militiamen etc ( we know it's always not the actual figure as number of casualties could double or triple what's being officially declared). Osinbajo needs to ask God for forgiveness. God doesn't joke with a thing like this

5 Likes

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I'm so disappointed at Osinbajo
If you are disappointed then what are we going to do then?
We are gone then..
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by DaddyRochie1642: 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lai Mohammed is Osibanjo's Mentor grin grin

7 Likes

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Miner13: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
if this is true..may GOD fool of all them in aso villa
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Miner13:
if this is true..may GOD fool of all them in aso villa

God has already started.. fooling
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Eriokanmi: 8:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osagyefo98:

If you are disappointed then what are we going to do then?

We are gone then..
His claim was a lie. Even today, 18 people were killed in kaduna. We heard if the killings because the media could report it . There are far away villages where the heinous acts always take place and nobody would hear anything because of their remote location.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Eriokanmi:
His claim was a lie. Even today, 18 people were killed in kaduna. We heard if the killings because the media could report it . There are far away villages where the heinous acts always take place and nobody would hear anything because of their remote location.

18 people?

That hasn't been reported.

How true!
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Eriokanmi: 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2021

3 Likes

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Monogamy: 9:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
We have read.

So what now?

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Monogamy: 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osagyefo98:
He can't stop again.

He pains me so much how this man missed graduating ceremony in Heaven while on earth

#Tears.

Why do you always shed tears whenever the news is about Osinbajo?

Tell us what we are not understanding
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
Monogamy:

Stop quoting me.
I don't want to be yoked with an unbeliever.

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by BigSarah(f): 9:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
What else would you expect from a pretentious condescending taint ...Gas-ablanca
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
BigSarah:
What else would you expect from a pretentious condescending taint ...Gas-ablanca

Pray for his Redemption.

1 Like

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Monogamy: 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Stop quoting me.

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Iamgrey5(m): 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osy Marshal ! Osy Marshal

The igbo BMC member hating on Osibanjo because he is a Yoruba.

Have you painted anything recently?
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Monogamy:

Why do you always shed tears whenever the news is about Osinbajo? Tell us what we are not understanding

Stop quoting me.

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Monogamy: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Osy Marshal ! Osy Marshal

The igbo BMC member hating on Osibanjo because he is a Yoruba.

Have you painted anything recently?

Help us ask the guy why he always shed tears whenever the news is about Osinbajo..

He is currently shying of answering... grin
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Monogamy:

Help us ask the guy why he always shed tears whenever the news is about Osinbajo..

Shying?

Whose free Education did you undergo

Awolowo or Jakande?

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Iamgrey5(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Monogamy:

He is most likely working for Ndige camp in APC.

They have always been jealous of Tinubu and Osibanjo influence in APC.
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Monogamy: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Shying?

Awolowo or Jakande?

Wow, so some Yoruba leaders provided free education?

Name one person from you region that has provided free education ( Sustainable) for SE people?

1 Like

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by NOwazobia: 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
As someone so many of his followers respect a lot for his intelligence and even advancing him as the next president, he demonstrated dumbness and lack of rationale in his statement, as he didn't/couldn't provide any evidence for his suppose exaggeration and fabricated reports, which could have validated his stands. Well, i am not one of his fans and asslickers.

1 Like

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2021
Monogamy:

Wow, so some Yoruba leaders provided free education?

Name one person from you region that has provided free education ( Sustainable) for SE people?

Simple question

Shying?

Awolowo or Jakande?

Answer, no time.

3 Likes

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by SouthNigerian: 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osagyefo98:
He can't stop again.

#Tears.

You the Confusionist, you were ordained from HELL to come hide the truth.
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by GamalNasser: 11:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
If Osinbanjo said this then I agree he is a fraud of a pastor
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by slivertongue: 11:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Osagyefo98:

This country is now a killing field.

most southerners know very. little of the evil going on in the north. the ruling elites are from hell
Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by LilyColin(f): 12:01am On Feb 25, 2021
Some people go still come defend this evil man.

Tor, good morning

1 Like

Re: You’re A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe -afenifere Fires At Osinbajo by BlackfireX: 12:33am On Feb 25, 2021
To run people eehhh

Give them a plate of ewedu and amala , and they will dance for you.

Argue with obasanjo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pyramids Built By Ancient IGBO... / FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. / Why Do Nigerians Still Beg Igbos For Unity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.