Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) (46661 Views)

FUTO Student Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Fellow Student Over Toothpaste / FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Sixsigmahub: 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
A 100 level Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) student, Daniel Nwafor, has committed suicide.

The Department of Chemistry student carried out the act on Tuesday in his lodge at Umuchima, Ihiagwa in Owerri West Council Area of Imo State.

He was found hanging in his room.

Sources said that the late Daniel returned back to the lodge with his mother about seven days ago and he took his life two days after his mum left the residence.

It was also gathered the deceased was initially facing some health challenges and going through pains.

The Nation learnt he left a note for his mother later taken into police custody.

Reacting, the varsity’s Public Relations Officer, Uche Nwaelue, confirmed that the deceased was a first year student of the institution and wondered why an 18- year- old would take his life.

“Somebody brought the picture to me though I have not visited the scene but I wonder why a 18year old person would take his life, this is an end time,” she said.

Also, confirming the report, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Orlando Ikeokwu SP, said that the deceased has been taken to the mortuary.

“I can confirm the report to be true. It happened and the body has been taken to the mortuary,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/futo-student-commits-suicide/amp/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Ryda(m): 12:33am On Feb 25, 2021
O.P Shey you know say turnda suppose faya you angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Sixsigmahub: 12:43am On Feb 25, 2021
Ryda:
O.P Shey you know say turnda suppose faya you angry
For why?

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Ryda(m): 6:49am On Feb 25, 2021
Sixsigmahub:

For why?

I saw what you did there
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Shehucom(m): 7:35am On Feb 25, 2021
People are really going through a lot... But is suicide the way out??

4 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by highdon(m): 7:35am On Feb 25, 2021
This life no easy o. if ur well to do try dey help people around u abeg.
naso person talk say the guy wey leave home to feed home don call home make Dem waybill am garri. life tough.
sapphiere:

R.I.P to him.

Have you all notice that women rarely commit suicide.

That's because we have better things occupying our minds.
Things like what?

Paulicy11:
If I could tell this young man what am passing through in my life at the moment...yet, suicide is never in the option for me. Every trying time is a passing moment.

May God see us through

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by hopefulLandlord: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2021
okay
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Ever8090: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2021
Never an option...
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2021
R.I.P to him.

The FUTURE is FEMALE

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 25, 2021
This looks like murder not suicide

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:36am On Feb 25, 2021
May God console his family.

NekkyCee:
Please always check on your friends/colleagues/ neighbors. You don't know what situation they may be handling. So sad another young life has been lost. cry
God bless you for this.
It is highly important.

Nairalanders, check on a friend and a family member TODAY.
God bless you as you do this.
#100 phone credit won't kill you biko!

Paulicy11:
If I could tell this young man what am passing through in my life at the moment...yet, suicide is never in the option for me. Every trying time is a passing moment.
Hang on there Paulo,
Everything will be fine at the end.
Please, never give up.
It will most definitely end in praise for you.
We care about you.

Paulicy11:

Thank you all. The lord is my strength
You are always welcome Paulo.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:36am On Feb 25, 2021
sapphiere:
R.I.P to him.
Really babe?
That is simply interestingly interesting.

Addendum :
After a 30 seconds research, we confirmed you are actually right.
BBC support your theory.
The future is truly female mehn!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 25, 2021
not a woman's cause, must not be.

Nigerian issue? wetin 18yrs see for life

Spiritual? Why dem no allow gun kill am

Why? Whatever it is, whoever is going through something not soothing, breathe in and out... You are not alone.
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Queenlovely(f): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2021
See how I was rushing to comment on this thread, I wanted to make front page,

I think my conscience is slowly dieing, just imagine, Nairaland has exposed me to so many death stories and graphic image that my conscience has dulled
I have no empathy for the deceased but selfish gain to comment on somebody's death.

I will not comment on this thread as a last respect to the deceased. Farewell, je nke oma. RIp

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by longetivity(m): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2021
RIP man
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by NekkyCee(f): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2021
Please always check on your family/ friends/colleagues/ neighbors. You don't know what situation/ battle they may be facing. A little act of kindness can mean alot to someone. So sad another young life has been lost. cry

10 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2021
hmmm.
We could be looking at a homicide here.
Autopsy will give away the cause of death.

Examining the bones of the neck will say if it was a suicide or not.
if a cervical dislocation is noticed at ....

That's enough details.

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by emmanuelbrown26: 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
RIP brother, their"s heaven for a real g
we can supply large quantity of diesel now serious buyers are needed.
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
NekkyCee:
Please always check on your friends/colleagues/ neighbors. You don't know what situation they may be handling. So sad another young life has been lost. cry
God bless you for this.
It is highly important.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by LilyColin(f): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
sapphiere:
R.I.P to him.

Lol
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
He was murdered!! This ain't any suicide! I'm waiting for the "His a cultist crew gang" to come and condemn him by saying this is a cult attack? undecided welcome to Nigeria where any young person murdered via gun shot, machetes, by unknown gun men and armed robbers is termed a Cultist!! For me, this isn't suicide, this is a broad day murder in cold blood

8 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
Nawa o
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by LilyColin(f): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
post=99399373:
Reading

Zombie

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by visionex: 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
Analyse that pic well I don't think it is a suicide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by AmazingELixir: 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
lipsrsealed

Who is that social media wannabe detective there..

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by eedimo(m): 7:38am On Feb 25, 2021
Inside life.
Re: FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) by FuckOsuPigs: 7:38am On Feb 25, 2021
Wow!

Why would an 18-year-old take his own life? This is more than meets the eye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / Malpractices: WAEC Withdraws 1992, 1993 Candidates’ Certificates / Buhari Appoints Chancellors For 42 Federal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.