Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed (11779 Views)

Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment / South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi / Bala Mohammed Wins Bauchi Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by adenigga(m): 6:42am On Feb 25, 2021
• Bauchi commissioner alleges Ortom using herders to cover up failure
Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has said that he will never apologise for opposing profiling of patriotic Fulani herders as killers and kidnappers.

Mohammed had last week said that “herders who carry AK-47 around do so to defend themselves against cattle rustlers that are rendering them bankrupt.” The position generated mixed reactions across the country.

Speaking yesterday during the official launch of the 2020/2021 annual livestock vaccination campaign at Galambi Cattle Ranch in Bauchi, Mohammed said no tribe or group was free from criminality, so labelling a particular tribe was unfair and would breed disunity in the country.

Reacting to his Benue counterpart, Samuel Ortom, who asked him to apologise for defending carrying of weapons by herders, he said the Fulani, over the years, had been making so much sacrifice in their pastoral life, adding that the supply of beef would not have been possible without herders’ contribution.

His words: “We kicked against the profiling of the Fulani as killers and kidnappers. We have no apology for what we have done because what we have done is to say the truth, that there is no tribe or group that is free from criminality. We are not saying that to spite anybody or spark unnecessary controversy, we have made our point.

“Nigerians have discussed it and I am happy to say that, from all indications, majority of sensible Nigerians have appreciated what we have said and that is the point. I need not mention anything of this matter for fear that controversy will be escalated, I will listen to voices of reason and keep quiet about it.”

He called on the Fulani to make their communities free of criminality.

“They must make sure that they fish out the bad eggs from among themselves because criminality is criminality. In as much as we will protect them from being profiled badly, they should make efforts to show that majority of them are good citizens, contributing positively to the growth and development of Nigeria,” he said.

ALSO, Bauchi Commissioner for Environment and Housing, Hamisu Shira, has said that Governor Ortom was covering up his non-performance with excuse herdsmen’s activities. He urged Ortom to prioritise good governance in Benue like his Bauchi counterpart.

“This is a governor that could not afford to pay salaries while the workers resorted to demonstrations,” Shira said.At a press conference yesterday, the commissioner lamented that Ortom was distracting Mohammed with his comment.
https://m.guardian.ng/News/I-wont-apologise-for-opposing-Fulani-profiling-says-Mohammed

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by tsephanyah(f): 6:43am On Feb 25, 2021
What will you apologise for shocked in the first place. The rest of us are acting civil to them because of the Oil, it will dry out soon. We will go back to been barbaren with them. In those days, before the white man introduce this chaos, We where peaceful farmers. After they came and took over the south and imposed indirect rule in the North. they told our fore fathers there's wealth in this new project we accepted and almost deserted farming. Now some people will come and tell us the Oil is theirs we have no say in it, what a joke. They agreed to one Nigeria and we oppose it in the first place, our people stoned Sardauna because they don't want to associate with you guys. They where convince and force to join so let take what we can before the rollercoaster stops

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by Monogamy: 6:46am On Feb 25, 2021
Keep your apology to yourself...

Nigerians, Southerners precisely are beginning to know better now

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by lilvicky68(m): 6:47am On Feb 25, 2021
This governor is just trying to be relevant.. Anything about Bauchi is irrelevant to me..

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by tamdun: 6:48am On Feb 25, 2021
Ur apology is useless

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by Crimrburster: 6:49am On Feb 25, 2021
Fulanis

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by Timblogga: 6:49am On Feb 25, 2021
Chai
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by Mikelarteta(m): 6:49am On Feb 25, 2021
You are mad sir.
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by sweetonugbu: 6:50am On Feb 25, 2021
Who cares

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:51am On Feb 25, 2021
We don't need your apology sir. We already know you're a terrorist

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by okeyumez(m): 6:51am On Feb 25, 2021
See who is talking. IF not politics who knows this one

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by BlessedNuel: 6:51am On Feb 25, 2021
All man wan dey front-page via Newspapers
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by Tupaq: 6:52am On Feb 25, 2021
All FULANIS are terrorists hoohaa!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by aybabz101: 6:52am On Feb 25, 2021
we are not profiling Fulani's as criminals but its just an unwanted coincidence that 99% of arson, banditry, kidnappings, gruesome murders etc committed in the country are linked to this tribe.....

what shall we say then!

Again, it disgusts me that these guys always think that if there are no Fulani's, we will not have access to meat. firstly, man shall not live by meat alone.. or cholesterol will kill the man. If we must live on meat alone, we will rear our own cows. If that is not enough, we will import cows from other countries.... these Fulani's contributes nothing but chaos in this country!

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by jojofola: 6:52am On Feb 25, 2021
Who else is tired of commenting on anything that concerns Nigeria?

Well, most of these Governors are dull. The only thing they do is loot. You hardly hear of a positive development from them for months or even years.

The only time you read news about them, it must always be controversial.

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by CodedMillionair: 6:53am On Feb 25, 2021
We don't need your apology, but karma has it ways,

Banza!

The guy below has wisdom in his statement, achieve that @mysiggy, and choose!

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by noisy45(m): 6:53am On Feb 25, 2021
No carry Nigeria matter for head o, make money and japa.

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by onoms4luv(m): 6:53am On Feb 25, 2021
You don't want to apologise because you know what you are doing.

it won't be well with those criminals you tagged as bandits.

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by loopman: 6:53am On Feb 25, 2021
Criminal governor

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by olaric(m): 6:54am On Feb 25, 2021
Saying all kinds of thrash these days; Bala Mohammed is out of his depth. D guy don 'kolo.' So the beef being sold to consumers are not being paid for? Most northerners talk as if there are no alternatives to eating cow meat. The Fulanis are not doing us any favours.

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by KEVIND: 6:56am On Feb 25, 2021
One thing i like about the Hausa/Fulani Leaders is that they'll always support their own come what may. Unlike Leaders from other tribes in Nigeria who will always want to be politically correct and go against their own people

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by BruncleZuma: 6:56am On Feb 25, 2021
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 25, 2021
jojofola:
Who else is tired of commenting on anything that concerns Nigeria?

Well, most of these Governors are dull. The only thing they do is loot. You hardly hear of a positive development from them for months or even years.

The only time you read news about them, it must always be controversial.

On point

you get it all

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by Polyglot7pointO: 6:57am On Feb 25, 2021
adenigga:

https://m.guardian.ng/News/I-wont-apologise-for-opposing-Fulani-profiling-says-Mohammed

nor namma when money dry ur people go rebrand u as someone misconstrued and quoted out of context and voila in french u will be exonerated of all misconduct lol

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by kc4christ(m): 6:57am On Feb 25, 2021
dont worry these thing called Nigeria will be over soon.

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by IMASTEX: 6:58am On Feb 25, 2021
You guys can't shock us again, just do as expected.
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by emmabest2000(m): 6:58am On Feb 25, 2021
governor with full two working balls

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by ipobarethieves: 6:58am On Feb 25, 2021
sad BALA MuhamMAD is a TERRORIST.cc:UK,US, EUROPEAN govt sad

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59am On Feb 25, 2021
To end the first page of this thread,
We say........

Peace is all we want in our nation.

Khaleepha5681:

Yeah
That is our dream
Oh Yeah.
So shall it be Insha Allah.... in Jesus name.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! / Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura / Garba Shehu: APC NEC Did Not Hold Meeting At FEC Chamber