Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) (6657 Views)

What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People / Should I Tell My Bestfriend That Her Boyfriend/fiancee Sleeps With Dead Bodies? / See Why Nigerian Police Is Now Arresting People (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Arrogantbro(m): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2021
We all gonna die anyway. Live a good life, help those in need and never see money as the only gold achievement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by hartlid(m): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2021
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Aphroditee(f): 9:16am On Feb 26, 2021
[quote author=Arrogantbro post=99429154]We all gonna die anyway. Live a good life, help those in need and never see money as the only gold achievement [/quote
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 26, 2021
From the Op to the last commenter before me. I say R.I.P to you all.
This thread is wack and seun and lalasticlala will close it
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Freelane33(m): 9:50am On Feb 26, 2021
cool
Xenry:
Or maybe one day they(the dead) will gonna notify us about how the underworld looks/feels like(through social media), perhaps we can build a company there, or the elon's company, TBC, will make a hole into the underworld, and we would eventually become one world again.wink Or maybe I'm thinking crazy, lol. cheesy

Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by wallexbaba(m): 9:56am On Feb 26, 2021
Arrogantbro:
We all gonna die anyway. Live a good life, help those in need and never see money as the only gold achievement
exactly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by olaniyi50(m): 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2021
onlyfacts:
It requires huge data centres to store online information, including that of nairaland. Hard copy documents is the cheapest way to store information for long term. In the next 150 years most of our content available now that arent relevant in the future would have been deleted. No body is going to pay billions of dollars to build extensive data centres to store worthless comments on the internet.
This is a naive comment. And you have no clue about how social tech organizations make billions of dollars off data... Typical you thinks Mark Z. Built Facebook so that you can connect with your lost relative.

Not to mislead readers, data won't be deleted off the internet, in fact, companies will spend billions of dollars building data centers to make profit off it. And yes, in the next 150 yes, present data will be used to conduct researches and serve as history strong hold, and that is if there are observable changes in ways people live.
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by onlyfacts: 1:35pm On Feb 26, 2021
olaniyi50:

This is a naive comment. And you have no clue about how social tech organizations make billions of dollars off data... Typical you thinks Mark Z. Built Facebook so that you can connect with your lost relative.

Not to mislead readers, data won't be deleted off the internet, in fact, companies will spend billions of dollars building data centers to make profit off it. And yes, in the next 150 yes, present data will be used to conduct researches and serve as history strong hold, and that is if there are observable changes in ways people live.

You missed the point. In every information age, from the stone age down to the computer age man has always stored and preserved VALUABLE INFORMATION.

Just the way there were worthless information then, most of those worthless information did not get preserved in private collections, libraries and museums (the data centres for past centuries), mostly valuable information.

In the computer age tons of valuable and invaluable information can be found on the internet, the invaluable may be more cause everybody now owns a page, blog, account or website and any information can be posted without verification, hence we are both in the age of useful information and FAKE NEWS. infact of data stored on the internet in data centres, the vast quantity of big data has no value unless it is tagged or analyzed. So, the question is how much data is that?
According to IDC’s Digital Universe Study from 2012, only 0.5% of data is analyzed (what happened to the 99.5% of data collected that year?), while the percentage of tagged data is a bit higher at 3%. By further researching these data analytics statistics we discovered that not all data has the potential to bring value.

According to big data statistics from IDC, in 2012 only 22% ( what happened to the remaining 78% of data of that year?) of all the data had the potential for analysis. This includes data from different fields such as surveillance, entertainment and social media, etc. The same source said that by 2020, the percentage of useful data, i.e., the information that has the potential for analysis, would jump to 37% (what happens to to remaining of 63% of data of last year?).

In the future we expect higher percentages of data to be analyzed (that is sorting out which is useful and which is junk) and tagged (that is sorting the information into different categories that can easily be accessible).

And yes Facebook makes money through target ads based on our preferences. But you may be making a mistake if you assumed our information in 150 years when we are dead will be a useful tool for the living population on earth or Mars when Facebook or any other social network giant present then wants to sell target ads to its online users.

It's like saying tech companies should look at the stored information in the library, museums or private collections of the 20th century downwards inorder to source target ads for us on social media today. Taste and preferences changes with time, so it may be slightly useful or totally useless,the world a 150 years from now will be totally different from ours. Either scenario from a business perspective it wont make sense storing that much data INTO THE FUTURE if it wont translate to huge profits, so why huge data centres will continue to be built to meet FUTURE NEEDS of those alive then, those of the dead will slowly be deleted according to their usefulness.

Thanks for mocking me in your comment, goodluck.
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by olaniyi50(m): 6:24am On Feb 27, 2021
onlyfacts:

You missed the point. In every information age, from the stone age down to the computer age man has always stored and preserved VALUABLE INFORMATION.

Just the way there were worthless information then, most of those worthless information did not get preserved in private collections, libraries and museums (the data centres for past centuries), mostly valuable information.

In the computer age tons of valuable and invaluable information can be found on the internet, the invaluable may be more cause everybody now owns a page, blog, account or website and any information can be posted without verification, hence we are both in the age of useful information and FAKE NEWS. infact of data stored on the internet in data centres, the vast quantity of big data has no value unless it is tagged or analyzed. So, the question is how much data is that?
According to IDC’s Digital Universe Study from 2012, only 0.5% of data is analyzed (what happened to the 99.5% of data collected that year?), while the percentage of tagged data is a bit higher at 3%. By further researching these data analytics statistics we discovered that not all data has the potential to bring value.

According to big data statistics from IDC, in 2012 only 22% ( what happened to the remaining 78% of data of that year?) of all the data had the potential for analysis. This includes data from different fields such as surveillance, entertainment and social media, etc. The same source said that by 2020, the percentage of useful data, i.e., the information that has the potential for analysis, would jump to 37% (what happens to to remaining of 63% of data of last year?).

In the future we expect higher percentages of data to be analyzed (that is sorting out which is useful and which is junk) and tagged (that is sorting the information into different categories that can easily be accessible).

And yes Facebook makes money through target ads based on our preferences. But you may be making a mistake if you assumed our information in 150 years when we are dead will be a useful tool for the living population on earth or Mars when Facebook or any other social network giant present then wants to sell target ads to its online users.

It's like saying tech companies should look at the stored information in the library, museums or private collections of the 20th century downwards inorder to source target ads for us on social media today. Taste and preferences changes with time, so it may be slightly useful or totally useless,the world a 150 years from now will be totally different from ours. Either scenario from a business perspective it wont make sense storing that much data INTO THE FUTURE if it wont translate to huge profits, so why huge data centres will continue to be built to meet FUTURE NEEDS of those alive then, those of the dead will slowly be deleted according to their usefulness.

Thanks for mocking me in your comment, goodluck.

Hilarious is your response to say the least.
All you wrote up there are bunch of rigurgitated stuffs from the internet.

I'm quoting you from a professional stand point. I'm a big data engineer, and I work with voluminous data. So yeah, I clearly understand what I'm talking without recourse to the internet.

To correct a notion, the word invaluable and valuable both mean the same thing. So I'll assume that by using the word invaluable, you actually meant useless data.

But there is nothing like useless data. There is only data that cannot be analyze because of low compute power. Look at the trend in what you wrote up there, while the volume and velocity of data are increasing steadily, the percentage of analyzable data increases also. We can attribute this to increase in data processing power and a surge in new useful research and innovations centered around techniques in how certain format of data can be processed.

And yea, let talk about artificial intelligence and how fast the field is progressing and gaining more popularity. One cool thing in AI is that, the more data you have, the better and smarter your artificial intelligence gets.

A simple case study is google assistant and apple siri. You think they work so well because google has some secret recipe for AI? No.

Data is a raw material and companies know how to profit from it.
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2021
Arrogantbro:
pls sir can u help me with a token?, things are really difficult for me, anything will be greatly appeciated. God bless you abundantly.[0036382291 Access]
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Pegi23(f): 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dear new generation! In case you come across this post just know this"Nigerians girl should be treated like a queen they are" always love and protect them. And pls trust no one.even your close pals can betray you..

#love from pegi.
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by illicit(m): 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2021
I was here....
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Antanananovic: 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
Trust in God with all your heart and soul, not in your understanding and material resources.

I was here....
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Deasegun19(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
what is the meaning of life?
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by mrpoul(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2021
Dear future generation, I was here to gain information
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Kokoboss: 3:37pm On May 10, 2021
Arrogantbro:
you're a good man. I respect you bro

1 Like

Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by Kokoboss: 3:39pm On May 10, 2021
In the end, everybody dies. Rip hungerbad, my elder bro and that guy...
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by solidmyk(m): 3:48pm On May 10, 2021
Maybe our account can be modified and be passed to our coming generations, they might just continue from where we stop like swalomirr account passed to his grandchildren and turns to Swalommir Kush II
Sounds like a great idea
Re: The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) by doubleE70: 5:31pm On May 10, 2021
cry we can't escape death guys
we are gonna face it one day chaiiii God this life is too short
100 yrs from now we're all bones already

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fiancee Is Too Attractive For Comfort / Discuss ( Pic) / Yoruba Woman: Is She The Sexiest Or The Nastiest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.