Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? (11721 Views)

Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by razzydoo(m): 9:45am On Feb 25, 2021
Idolized brazilians a lot from tender age. Then my dad bought me a ronaldo delima jersey and i saw rivaldo play for basa around 2001.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Becca350(f): 9:45am On Feb 25, 2021
mansakhalifa:

OK, if I get your drift correctly.

You are an Arsenal fan but a huge admirer of L. Messi and whatever team he plays for. Right?

you are good
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Cousin9999: 9:46am On Feb 25, 2021
I like the local team. Games are a little more exciting for whatever reason. And there isn't any drama, just people having a good time. African and Caribbean national teams are also fun, obviously. I don't pick sides. I just enjoy the quality and intensity of the game.

I used to be into Premier, but I'm not going to support crazy racists. And black players are the only reason I care that league exists. I don't care how much they clean themselves up, I'm done.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by bhella10: 9:46am On Feb 25, 2021
KosiGee:
I’m 042 to the bone. I support Enugu Rangers International FC.

Outside of Naija. I support Arsenal because of Kanu and his Nubian dudes under Arsene Wenger...Thierry, Vierra, Etame/Lauren, Gallas etc..

Up Enugu Rangers.
Gallas? abeg talk another playa
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by KosiGee(m): 9:46am On Feb 25, 2021
mansakhalifa:
cool

Enyimba Utd here...

Became a fan after seeing them play with so much character in '03 CAF Champions League season.

They lost 6-nil in Egypt to a Ismaili of Egypt in the first match of the tournament but still went on to rise up from the ashes of defeat and lift the CCL trophy by beating the same Ismaili FC by 2-1. Kadiri Ikhana remains the man.

My kind of mindset... never ever give up.

They also won my father over by the way. Old man once lived in Aba in the colonial days, so he sort of liked the place.

Enyimba was a force to reckon with under Orji Uzor Kanu as Governor.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Houstency(m): 9:47am On Feb 25, 2021
Manchester United, treble win of 1999, plus inherited from my dad.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by KosiGee(m): 9:47am On Feb 25, 2021
bhella10:
Gallas? abeg talk another playa

He made mistakes at the back but he had his good days.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Kingluqman(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2021
His name is Thierry Henry
Jersey Number 14

He made me love Arsenal till today without any heart attack.

Love your team for how they are grin

Gunners 4 Life!!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 25, 2021
KosiGee:

Outside of Naija. I support Arsenal because of Kanu and his Nubian dudes under Arsene Wenger...Thierry, Vierra, Etame/Lauren, Gallas etc..

Up Enugu Rangers.

Rangers won me over for just one season of the NPFL.

That season under Coach Amapabkabo when they won the league.

Amazing squad- Egbuchulam, Aguda and the rest- but the club hierarchy couldn't keep them together for longer than a season. Their loss.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Jimmyubah2: 9:48am On Feb 25, 2021
Kanu Nwankwo and Thiery Henry.
That match that Kanu scored hatrick against Babayaro's Chelsea was my starting point with ARSENAL.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 25, 2021
KosiGee:

Enyimba was a force to reckon with under Orji Uzor Kanu as Governor.

For real.

Subsequent administrations couldn't keep up the pace and that was how the dream ended.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Jimmyubah2: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2021
Kingluqman:
His name is Thierry Henry
Jersey Number 14

He made me love Arsenal till today without any heart attack.

Love your team for how they are grin

Gunners 4 Life!!!!
CYG.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2021
Becca350:

you are good

Well, my other name is Goodness.

Thought I told y'all.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by dapadawee: 9:51am On Feb 25, 2021
Dreyton36:
Mine ...

I'm a proud Manchester United fan

I started supporting Manchester United in the year 2003 due to my love for Van Nistelrooy who was brought in with the sum of £19M during that time .

Let's see yours this should be fun
And Mods oya do the needful make I no too para kiss
Lights up my kpoli in peace
mourinho
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Behindthewheels: 9:51am On Feb 25, 2021
I didn't watch epl then only national and olympics and I didn't want to just follow popular opinions but I looked for a club that wasn't small. everybody was arsenal or man united sometimes chelsea.
I saw a good, tall footballer(Crouch) and a historically big club that wasn't in everyone's lips. So I started saying I'm a liverpool fan.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Wealthinwealth1: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2021
since the year 2003 cos of two greats of Manchester united

1. cos of Scholexy, all those long passes and outside box shots that tears net

2. cos of C. Ron, proto fun ra ra e, when he dribbled Ashley Cole and put his yansh down by force.

UNITED WE STAND!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by espn(m): 9:52am On Feb 25, 2021
osamz007:

ON SUNDAY. THE SKY COLOR WILL DEFINITELY CHANGE
your eye go clear...NO PENANDES this time...No to FRAUDNANDES...
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by bhella10: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2021
KosiGee:

He made mistakes at the back but he had his good days.
Yeah. He's forgiven.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by engrchykae(m): 9:53am On Feb 25, 2021
Nabilli98:
It was Ronaldinho. Back then call me ronaldayo
Deco Dingho Eto Trinity brought me to Barca, history of hamilcar Barca the African general who conquered Spain kept me in Barca
Barca to me is an African heritage

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Johntemmy(m): 9:53am On Feb 25, 2021
inoki247:
Na wen u play Bet9jaa with 100naira nd wan win 2million na dat time u go know say u no get favorite team cos u will want all the whole team in ur ticket to win shocked shocked

funny but bitter Truth
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by ad84ada(m): 9:53am On Feb 25, 2021
Celestine Babayaro.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by osamz007: 9:53am On Feb 25, 2021
espn:
your we go clear...NO PENANDES thus time...No to FRAUDNANDES...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 25, 2021
Cr7 made me a united fan since 2007
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Becca350(f): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Well, my other name is Goodness.
Thought I told y'all.
LOL . . . Funny dude
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by criuze(m): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2021
The Istanbul miracle
Steven Gerrard

Alonso

they have the kind of shots i love in football

since then I never walked alone

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Wantedmiller: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2021
am a faithful GUNNER!

I started when arsenal lost to Barcelona in champions league finals.........I felt pity for them!

Since then, the love grew stronger!

LoL.....before I thought na ARSENE Wenger get Arsenal

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by engrchykae(m): 9:55am On Feb 25, 2021
Barca Barca barcaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by osamz007: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2021
KosiGee:

Up Enugu Rangers.

I was thrilled by their comeback against kano pillars
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Acidiously: 9:56am On Feb 25, 2021
Mine was a divine intervention. When I was born I heard a voice from above which said to me; MY SON, ALL YOUR LIFE YOU'RE ORDAINED TO BE A CHELSEA FAN.
So it was an easy decision for me

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Perfectnumber6(m): 9:57am On Feb 25, 2021
Macabi Tel Aviv because of Eran Zahavi �

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by emmytex311: 9:58am On Feb 25, 2021
What makes me to support Chelsea is because of their Love for African players.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Birminghamvirgo(m): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2021
Isrealg:
I am supporting Juventus because of Ronaldo, anywhere he goes I go cool

and what happens by the time he retires?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Iwobi Visits Patients And Staff At The Whittington Hospital (Photos) / African Games: Nigeria Maintains Second Position / Nigeria U-20 Women Thrash Morocco 5-1 In The World Cup Qualifiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.