Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,722 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) (41255 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Locals And Throw Them Off A Bridge In Anambra (Photo) / Kidnapped Abuja Lady Found Unconscious Under A Bridge / Nigerian Lady Commits Suicide In UK By Jumping From A Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2021
The driver will just be sadly singing funeral songs on his way to the police station embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by spencekat(m): 10:37am On Feb 25, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
The driver will just be sadly singing [/b]funeral songs[b] on his way to the police station embarassed
cheesy cheesy grin He is not going to be hanged naaa.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by peeps4u: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2021
Someone drove one way, stopped by the police/Lastma, attempted to escape and hit a policeman in the process.
What's extraordinary here?

moscobabs:
grin I swear to God this is not ordinary. This man village people finally get him.

Driving one way.- Your car gone

Trying to turn back to tamper with evidence 3yrs jail

Hitting someone on the process- 7yrs jail

Someone con be police officer?- 15yrs in prison

Thank God the police no die.

It would have been life imprisonment

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by moscobabs(m): 10:38am On Feb 25, 2021
Judolisco:
dis matter fit no reach court if d man get money

Senior officers will want to be Interested in this case

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by lekki1444: 10:39am On Feb 25, 2021
jiggyman:

The 20k he is running away from would have turned to 1m plus in a case of the officials death
One way is 250k before you get your car back

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by PotatoSalad(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Breaking the glass to unlock the door and drag the man out is actually very correct procedure
Is that how they are trained?
They like doing everything with force. That dude that fell should go do Thanksgiving. He would have been a goner if that water wasn't there. Calm down, observe, be at alert. That's what they teach at the police academy.
They don't do that over here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by BRATISLAVA: 10:42am On Feb 25, 2021
matex97:
Since he was at fault, he ought to exhibit calmness and not trying to manoveure his way out recklessly. He is lucky that the policeman didn't die.

To his credit, he appeared to be distressed by what he had done. He was shouting more than anyone else.

Some hardened ones would just drive off after killing someone.

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Judolisco(m): 10:43am On Feb 25, 2021
moscobabs:

Senior officers will want to be Interested in this case
yh d video is out on social media... If not dem go settle am out of court
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 25, 2021
AustineCJ:
Everything is wrong in this country.
First the stupid driver is wrong.... why try to escape .....but then our security men needs proper training, they really don’t know how to manage situations to avoid escalation..... which one is break the glass, must they always be destructive.... the driver and the official that was hit needs to do a joint thanksgiving..... God is indeed good to them.

When madness meets madness. We Nigerians deserve each other

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by lekki1444: 10:46am On Feb 25, 2021
Femeto:
Which 20k? They were going to impound that car plus he could be jailed. So his case got worse for resisting arrest and attempted murder.
no brother no jail time for one way. your car is impounded and you pay 250k to release it. failure to pay the 250k they auction the car

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by aryzgreat: 10:46am On Feb 25, 2021
lekki1444:
One way is 250k before you get your car back

Now outright auctioning, no more fine

The last auctioning, a woman came to buy her Toyota Camry 2005 car back at 1.6m. Are u telling me she no get 250k fine to get her car back but have 1.6m to buy back her car?

4 Likes

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by lekki1444: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2021
aryzgreat:

no it doesnt work like that. they auction it if you cannot afford the 250k
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Is that how they are trained?
They like doing everything with force. That dude that fell should go do Thanksgiving. He would have been a goner if that water wasn't there. Calm down, observe, be at alert. That's what they teach at the police academy.
They don't do that over here.

You seem not to understand. They were even lenient on the guy. If this was abroad, deadly force would have been used because they became authorized to use that the moment the guy used the car as a deadly weapon.

He would have been shot dead inside the car with the glass unbroken. However they chose to spare his life and attempted to break the glass instead.

In law enforcement, deadly force is permitted the moment you are threatened with a deadly weapon such as a 2 ton SUV.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by DarkJeddi(m): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2021
cyberthief:

Thankfully he survived that's my major concern in the story.
The training he received was not in vain
The only reason that he survived was that he fell into water,had he fallen on the concrete,it for no funny for am.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by pixey(m): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2021
The irresponsible fellow commited 3 count charges.
1.Disobeying traffic rules
2. Evading an arrest.
3.Attempted murder or manslaughter.

8 Likes

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by maishai01: 10:54am On Feb 25, 2021
See as he dey shout like olosho.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Foolishbuhari: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2021
cyberthief:

Lol � I thought as much though but I still believe his military training could have made him strong

Lol Nigeria police military training ke.
My brother they just take them to one open field, they run about like goats in heat, they roll on the floor in white clothes, they teach them how to load and shoot a rifle then push them into the streets to generate shandy and oppress the masses.

That mofo was just luck. Even if na Buratai that motor hit, no level o cheesy
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Foolishbuhari: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2021
catice:
Super lucky sef. There was a concrete slab right there, and he narrowly missed it.

I tell you

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by PotatoSalad(m): 10:59am On Feb 25, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You seem not to understand. They were even lenient on the guy. If this was abroad, deadly force would have been used because they became authorized to use that the moment the guy used the car as a deadly weapon.

He would have been shot dead inside the car with the glass unbroken. However they chose to spare his life and attempted to break the glass instead.

In law enforcement, deadly force is permitted the moment you are threatened with a deadly weapon such as a 2 ton SUV.
From the video, he didn't use the vehicle as any weapon. He only reversed to escape and the mumu policeman was in the way. If he had wanted to run them over, he would have sped off, hitting everything in his path. I've seen videos of people doing this, instead of the police using force or pursuing them. They alert their units ahead to wait for the vehicle. There's absolutely no reason to break his vehicle or shoot. What if he's in a medical emergency?
No be everything deserves gra gra

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by guy222: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2021
[quote author=oluwasegun007 post=99404031][/quote] Justice okon, you are hereby sentence to prison for 20years without parole. Chikene
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by lekki1444: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2021
aryzgreat:

The last auctioning, a woman came to buy her Toyota Camry 2005 car back at 1.6m. Are u telling me she no get 250k fine to get her car back but have 1.6m to buy back her car?
well you get a certain number of hours to come up with the 250 k . after which it is auctioned in the next auction. so maybe on the day the event happened she did not have 250k but was able to get money a few days later for the auction. trust me i have known many people personally who scramble to get the 250k on the day of event. i have had to help a few because i know some top guys in LASTMA and LAMATA however the help did not work because govt is taking one way serious. sanwo said even if his own brother is caught driving one way he will have to face the music
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 25, 2021
PotatoSalad:

From the video, he didn't use the vehicle as any weapon. He only reversed to escape and the mumu policeman was in the way. If he had wanted to run them over, he would have sped off, hitting everything in his path. I've seen videos of people doing this, instead of the police using force or pursuing them. They alert their units ahead to wait for the vehicle. There's absolutely no reason to break his vehicle or shoot. What if he's in a medical emergency?

He used it as a deadly weapon. Were you in his head to know he did not first look at the rear view mirror prior to reversing the car into the officer?

Checking the rearview is usually an involuntary action for all drivers and thus surely he did that.

He is lucky to be alive is all I have to say. True professional conduct by the cops would have had him shot dead.

5 Likes

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by lekki1444: 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
PotatoSalad:

bros please just keep quiet and stop disgracing your father and mother. in any civilized first world country that man will be dead by now. a bullet to the head by the police.

6 Likes

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Eberex(m): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2021
Date455:

At X12, how long did it take to earn $1
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by pixey(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2021
peeps4u:
Someone drove one way, stopped by the police/Lastma, attempted to escape and hit a policeman in the process.
What's extraordinary here?

I guess you won't understand until you become a convict.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Pyhonist: 11:18am On Feb 25, 2021
Omo!

Real confirm village juju. This guy is as good as dead.

Na only fit help you o!
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Reference(m): 11:27am On Feb 25, 2021
This is the same city called 'mega'.…kai. Must be mega wahala day in, day out.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by akinluyi02(m): 11:30am On Feb 25, 2021
Another major concern is the way the other officer drop if gun on the road while trying to arrest the driver unprofessionally.. Naija with madness

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by BadEnglish(m): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2021
post=99403073:

First and foremost, what a lucky escape for the cop.
Assuming his head hit the concrete part, d head for just burst scatter, but luckily he fell straight into the water..

And for the pot belly law-breaker, he will surely face the consequences of his action.
Luckily he escaped the charges for manslaughter already.

Some Lagosians/Nigerians are the most stubborn people on the face of earth.
They are preventing and protecting people from dying, but some heady and stubborn animals are here putting people's life in jeopardy.
Be the CHANGE you wanna see... periodt!

We know you have been so used to breaking laws offline and online.
Breaking laws is now a norm to you and here you are justifying foolishness and incredulity.
Not everyone is like you, you know.
But continue, dem no dey telli person.
One day na one day......

grin grin grin mad man ...but truth is we all dey break law for this corntree, infact my own worst pass I no like sitting in hold up for too long, I go always maneuver ni sha. Funny enough I'm a law enforcement officer grin grin grin
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Germi9: 11:39am On Feb 25, 2021
AustineCJ:
Everything is wrong in this country.
First the stupid driver is wrong.... why try to escape .....but then our security men needs proper training, they really don’t know how to manage situations to avoid escalation..... which one is break the glass, must they always be destructive.... the driver and the official that was hit needs to do a joint thanksgiving..... God is indeed good to them.
did you notice that immediately he hit the guy off the bridge his eyes were opened,he willingly cane down crying...#allicansayisnawa

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Elxandre(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2021
lekki1444:
bros please just keep quiet and stop disgracing your father and mother. in any civilized first world country that man will be dead by now. a bullet to the head by the police.
Stop peddling falsehood. undecided
We've seen silly people and traffic offenders being chased around America for several minutes or hours. Why weren't they shot dead?

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by iamso9ce(m): 11:53am On Feb 25, 2021
Normal lifestyle in Nigeria....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspected Killer Of A Lagos Housewife Tells His Stunning Story From A Hideout / Video Of Clash Between NDLEA Officials And Hoodlums in Lagos Island / Police Disrupt Gay Wedding In Delta State, Arrest 100 Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.