Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto (18294 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists / Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by EBMedia: 10:24am On Feb 25, 2021
Sultan of Sokoto and President-General, Nigerian Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, has said that not all Fulani herdsmen engage in terrorism.

The Sultan, who stated this yesterday when he visited the headquarters of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) in Abuja, said the insecurity in the country should not be restricted to one particular ethnic group.

He said: “As Muslims, we should not allow people’s talk to get into our head when they call us all sort of names. We have fought, we have told the whole world, not only in Nigeria. In fact, there is nowhere in this world that I haven’t spoken about Islam not being a terrorist religion; from the White House to universities in the United States, to Chatham House in London, I have always stood by this. Of course, we have some bandits among us, but it does not make Islam or Muslims terrorists.

“I am a proud Fulani, but I am not a criminal, bandit or terrorist. I just do my best to the best of my ability.”

He advised Muslims to always behave according to the teaching of Holy Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/sultan-says-not-all-fulani-herders-are-bandits/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Kriss216: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2021
The truth is, there's no good Fulani man.

The Fulani herdsmen keep slaughtering innocent lives and properties of Southern Nigerians. This Sultan or whatever he's called is yet to condemned their atrocities, only to come praise them.

With ESN, MNK, Sunday Igboho, and other courageous and brave southerners, Fulanis would soon become endangered species in Southern Nigeria.

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2021
“I am a proud Fulani and if I were to come back in this world again after I am gone, which definitely I wound not, I will ask Allah to bring me back as a Fulani man.

Well, even some non-Fulanis would wish to be born as Fulani if given the chance... We are all aware that a particular Yoruba monarch - Oluwo - is eyeing the 'Emir' title. Others are also eyeing it secretly - not publicly for fear of backlash. Oluwo was blasted by his own people for daring to make that bold move. So he had to go the way of 'semantics' and 'etymology' to dodge more bullets. grin

So it's a privilege...

As for the campaign of calumny against the GREAT Fulani tribe, envy and politics should be blamed. You know, some people hate what they can't be or can't have...

But Nigeria go better.

116 Likes 64 Shares

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Simplyleo: 10:30am On Feb 25, 2021
The sultan is very correct.

Yes, there are pockets of bandits and criminals among the herdsmen, but calling all fullanis bandits is the height of foolishness and illiteracy.

The fact that baby factories are common features of some places does not make everybody from those places product of the factory. Is just a business enterprise.

Also, the fact that Evan is the founder of kidnapping business in Nigeria does not mean all igbos are kidnappers. undecided

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2021
Considering you are ruling from stolen land, I would say you are akin to a criminal... I.E a Royal Bandit... Of course with all due respect smiley

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Etrusen(m): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2021
nor be this same man say 7 of every 10 attack is done by Fulani ?

abi na media change am?
am still thinking!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Etrusen(m): 10:34am On Feb 25, 2021
"if I am gone ,which I would not '"

this man matter tire me abi you wan live forever?

2 Likes

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by falcon01: 10:35am On Feb 25, 2021
Of course but Bandits are Fulanis

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by CodeTemplar: 10:38am On Feb 25, 2021
The level of support they enjoy from other Fulanis in power(govt, military and judiciary) makes you all criminals. Every ND youth weren't militant but the army raided communities perceived to be sympathetic to their cause.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Monogamy: 10:39am On Feb 25, 2021
shocked

Sane Nigerians are not saying all Fulani are bandits or terrorists but there are some few elements within the Fulani that belongs to both bandits and terrorists..

In a society, that is normal but there are supposed to be an effort by the community leaders like the Sultan to have spoken out by condemning the activities of those few elements most especially when it involved lives..

4 Likes

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by limeta(f): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2021
You say what?
You be thief
You are the spiritual leader of death and carnage

10 Likes

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Zooposki(f): 10:43am On Feb 25, 2021
If they are not terrorists and bandits, what are they?

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by tunjiajayi: 10:43am On Feb 25, 2021
True.
Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Civel233: 11:07am On Feb 25, 2021
The truth is, there's no good Fulani man.
The Fulani herdsmen keep slaughtering innocent lives and properties of Southern Nigerians. This Sultan or whatever he's called is yet to condemned their atrocities, only to come praise them.
With ESN, MNK, Sunday Igboho, and other courageous and brave southerners, Fulanis would soon become endangered species in Southern Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by nnadychuks(m): 11:07am On Feb 25, 2021
We don’t care who is criminal or no criminal... all we know is that we are tired of everyday bad news

3 Likes

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by osuofia2(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
Never, Fulani are one of the most peaceful Group in Nigeria, they are only concern with cows. Off recent the Southern Media especially the Tinubu Media Crew have been profiling Fulani's as terrorist but forgetting that the main Terrorists are Sunday Igboho and Nnamdi Kanu.
Just as the King of Owo said, the SW should be more focus on ending Ritual Killings in that region instead of names calling Fulani to their Insecurity situations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Commonguy(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
hmmm is they so
Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by MikeMicheal(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
NO MATTER HOW YOU SAY IT, I CAN NEVER EMPLOY A FULANI.

6 Likes

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by tsephanyah(f): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
I wonder why Sultan is responding to them. let them continue increasing the temperature. If the fire started burning we will see who will be exterminates on this land. We control 80% of the Army, police, and para militaries. We have high population of youths ready to give it all. and The whole Northern Africa have as reserve. Who do they have the Lagoon? Their leaders pity them and keep warning them but somehow they believe, there's win in this religion war they're trying to provoke, using few fulani and farmers conflict. I don't know why they're thinking there's win for them in this fight. Or just deadbeat criminals are fed up with life trying to die as heroes instead of commiting suicides. IPOB terrorist are really funny. God bless the Nigerian Army, If not for them Boko Haram are now having a field day in the South. We are all lucky to have Army that can keep Boko Haram away from major town's. Boko Haram are just one mosques gone rogue. Billions of their investment here in the North. Don't let hatred of Buhari create a bad chains of events. Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife Sophie are shot to death by a Bosnian Serb nationalist in1914. The killings sparked a chain of events that led to the outbreak of World War I by early August. War war 1 led to War 2.
This quotes sounds about right
We don't want war, but if you want a war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God: someone else will raise your sons and daughters.”

Let live in peace and harmony

2 Likes

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by onoms4luv(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
Then they are what ?

sponsors of terrorist

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by FBIBOT(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
Yes they are imams.... Ọdẹ

2 Likes

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by NoFap123: 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
Enablers
Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by MuchAdo: 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
So what are they
Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Vickym1(f): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2021
undecided

You see why the insecurity of this con3 will never end because the elites in the North refused to acknowledge that fulani bandits are criminals and terrorists rather they're pampering and encouraging them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by SEGLIZ: 11:10am On Feb 25, 2021
same this idiot sided and defended Boko Haram till they went out of hand.

4 Likes

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 25, 2021
Somebody go dey in comfort of his palace dey talk. All or most bandits are fulanis, not all fulanis are terrorists naim dis one for talk. be like this man get soft spot for terrorists o
Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 25, 2021
What about Jihadists

It seems they are more interested in the fine names to qualify them

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Are Not Terrorists And Bandits - Sultan Of Sokoto by LZAA: 11:10am On Feb 25, 2021
Simplyleo:
The sultan is very correct.

Yes, there are pockets of bandits and criminals among the herdsmen, but calling all fullanis bandits is the height of foolishness and illiteracy.

The fact that baby factories are common features of some places does not make everybody from those places product of the factory. Is just a business enterprise.

Also, the fact that Evan is the founder of kidnapping business in Nigeria does not mean all igbos are kidnappers. undecided
Ahhhh
Your case is irredeemable
Cc imhotep greenback blackking98 AfonjaConehead helinues sarrki

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GFATM Suspends Activities In Nigeria, Demands Probe By Buhari. / Nnamdi Kanu: Tune In To Channels TV NOW! / Tinubu Suffering From Memory Loss, Jonathan Never Offered Him VP Slot – FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.