Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After (10734 Views)

'You Have 8 Days To Leave Ilorin Or Else , Alfa Threatens Isese Worshippers / Service Chiefs Meet At Force Headquarters Over Kaduna Train Attack Abductees / Igboho's Wife, Ropo Released By Benin Republic Court, As He Remains In Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by jarawa: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2021
Students of the Government Science College Kagara, Niger State, their teachers and other persons kidnapped by gunmen in the early hours of February 17, remain in custody eight days after because the condition for a swap proposed by the abductors is yet to be met.

The school abduction came about two months after a large number of students were abducted in a similar style from a secondary school in Kankara, Katsina State.

Niger State Governor, Abubakar Sani Bello had confirmed that the government was negotiating for the safe release of the abductees.

Two former heads of state who hail from the state, retired Generals Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB) and Abdulsalami Abubakar, have asked government and security agencies to employ all means necessary to secure release of the abductees.

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar who was in Minna, the Niger State capital over the kidnapping, said the police knew the identity of the abductors.

Daily Trust gathered from reliable sources familiar with the ongoing negotiations that the kidnappers, who operate between Birnin Gwari in Kaduna State and Rafi Local Government in Niger State, had demanded for the release of six members of their group arrested at different times by security agents.

The abductors, it was learnt, demanded the release of the identified persons arrested as the only condition for them to release the abductees.

One of the sources said the Niger State Government has engaged security agencies in an active search for the persons to effect the swap.

“Four of them are so far identified. Two were located in Katsina, and one each in Kaduna and Niger states,” he said.

Identifying the two remaining gang members, Daily Trust learnt, was what was delaying the conclusion of the process.

As the dialogue with the bandits continued, governors from the North under the Northern Governors Forum (NGF) are scheduled to meet in Kaduna today and tomorrow, with insecurity on the top agenda.

‘Employ all means to rescue Kagara abductees’

Babangida and Abdulsalami urged the federal and state governments to consider all possible means to secure the release of the victims.

The former leaders who were worried by the situation expressed concern over the continuous stay of the children and their teachers in the hands of the bandits.

The two elder statesmen who expressed reservations on government dialoguing with the bandits, said they will support it if that would be the best way to secure the release of the victims.

Both leaders expressed this while speaking during the visit of the delegation of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) led by the Chairman, Dr Kayode Fayemi.

According to Babangida, “The safety of the children is of the utmost importance for now. We want them to come out safely without anyone being hurt. Any measure the government takes to secure their release will be okay.”

On his part, Abdulsalami said, “Dialogue is not the best way but when you are the one wearing the shoe, what will you do? He asked.

“Our children have been abducted for over five days, even if you know where they are, it will be foolhardy to storm there and fight them (bandits) because there may be casualties.

“Sometimes there is a need to see the best way you can talk to these heartless people to see how you can get these people released. But dialoguing is not the best way.”

While speaking on the solutions to the insecurity situation in the country, the two elder statesmen said that the bulk of the work falls on the table of the law enforcement agencies in putting up strategies to prevent future incidences.

“Going forward, it requires a lot of planning and thinking but these problems can be overcome. The law enforcement agencies need to work together to map new strategies on how to deal with the problem,” IBB said.

Meanwhile, Abdulsalami in his own submission said, “The best way is to make sure that this doesn’t happen again and for it to succeed, the security agencies need to step up their game.”

Abdulsalam further urged the governors to stop inciting speeches and take their responsibilities seriously.

Earlier, NGF Chairman Fayemi told the two leaders that they were in Niger State in solidarity with the government and people in the state.

He said all resources would be employed to prevent future occurrences.

Gunmen kill 18 in 2 Kaduna LGAs

Bandits have killed at least 18 people and abducted an unspecified number of residents in multiple attacks in Igabi and Chikun Local Government Areas of Kaduna State.

Daily Trust gathered that in the last 48 hours, seven people were killed in Anaba village of Igabi while eight were killed when gunmen invaded Barinje village in Chikun LGA.

Kaduna State Government, while confirming the attacks, said bandits had also attacked the loosely connected communities of Kwarten Rigasa, Kwarten Waziri and Kwarten Shaku within Igabi LGA and in the process, killed one Danjuma Isa from neighboring Ungwan Kanti village. The Kaduna State Government also stated that gunmen had invaded Sanhu Makera village in Igabi and killed one Yakubu Abdullahi, a farmer while unknown assailants on Tuesday killed one Maryam Lash Tahir in an unusual circumstance around Ministerial Pilot Housing Estate, Millennium City, Chikun LGA.

While speaking with Daily Trust, residents of Barinje said the bandits attacked the village on Tuesday around 6 pm, shooting residents at sight.

Hassan Silas said residents have now relocated to Buruku town adding that many had sustained gunshot wounds while the bandits had abducted a toddler and rustled about 100 cattle.

Kaduna State Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan stated that in Anabe, the bandits had also burnt down houses, storehouses and barns as well as escaped with 20 cows.

According to Aruwan, the attacks on soft targets at Anaba and Barinje villages in the two LGAs followed the killing of several armed bandits via targeted air operations in which probing shots were fired at bandits on motorbikes.

“Suspicious movements were sighted at Goron Dutse, the sources of which were promptly engaged and neutralised. Also, at Kuyanbana, a long convoy of motorcycles was observed heading into the forest, which was likewise vigorously engaged and neutralized,” he said.

The commissioner said Governor Nasir El-Rufai had noted the reports with sadness and sent condolences to the families of all those killed in the attacks, while offering prayers for the repose of their souls while wishing the injured a quick recovery.

By: Abdulaziz Abdulaziz (Abuja), Romoke W. Ahmad (Minna) & Lami Sadiq (Kaduna)
https://dailytrust.com/why-kagara-abductees-remain-in-custody-8-days-after

Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by Kriss216: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2021
As long as Buhari and APC are still leading this dilapidated nation, kidnapping, banditry and terrorism will never end.

Bandits, Terrorists and Fulani herdsmen are Buhari and Northern leaders foot soldiers.

How can you kidnap school children (Katsina and Niger) within 6 weeks and it's as if nothing happened

Ever since I've given my life a meaning by worrying less about North and their "business ventures", I've added flesh on my skinny body.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by Monogamy: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2021
And no ransom discussion?? undecided undecided
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by Enoch07: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2021
animal kingdom
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by geelite(m): 11:37am On Feb 25, 2021
idiot country............he no go better for una

3 Likes

Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by sweetonugbu: 11:37am On Feb 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by aryzgreat: 11:38am On Feb 25, 2021
Northern empowerment scheme continues.....
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by CodedMillionair: 11:38am On Feb 25, 2021
Political tales as usual. See what matters at siggy
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by Nathdoug201: 11:39am On Feb 25, 2021
Them never agree price
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:40am On Feb 25, 2021
Who cares ? Do your drama in peace without disturbing the rest of the country biko.

8 Likes

Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 25, 2021
Kriss216:
As long as Buhari and APC are still leading this dilapidated nation, kidnapping, banditry and terrorism will never end.

Bandits, Terrorists and Fulani herdsmen are Buhari and Northern leaders foot soldiers.

How can you kidnap school children (Katsina and Niger) within 6 weeks and it's as if nothing happened

Ever since I've given my life a meaning by worrying less about North and their "business ventures", I've added flesh on my skinny body.
shebi u wan fish me with laff bah. See your last statement join shocked grin grin
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by anomaly20: 11:40am On Feb 25, 2021
Simply put, the money received is not enough and besides they need reimbursement for the feeding of the children.

1 Like

Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by oluwasegun007(m): 11:41am On Feb 25, 2021
I thought they have been released.

This kontry na wahh
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by Lexusgs430: 11:42am On Feb 25, 2021
They are simply waiting for the money............

We need to stop negotiating with terrorist/bandits.......
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by SouthSouth1914: 11:42am On Feb 25, 2021
The north has created and nurtured its own demon!

3 Likes

Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by lonecatt(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2021
I dey shame for north
When they started this banditory their people were in support but now the monster have turned against them.

Ask them what their problem is,no tangible excuse for the criminality carried out by both their elders and youths yet sheik gumi will be comparing their struggle to that of Niger delta.

2 Likes

Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by alphaconde(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2021
the transaction never balance

insufficient debit entry
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by Perfectsouth(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2021
they are still acting out a script. They know heavy backlash will follow if they release them too soon and people will realize, it was all a ploy.. (though we wey get sense Sabi say na script)
Na our taxpayers money wey dem go take dey feed those boys and their abductors dey pain me..
Las Las, dem go free dem but let it tarry abit so we go think say na true...

I know some will still come and foam in the mouth cos of my comment...
But why waste our tax money rubbing the back of some idiots?
Why adopt those boys in the first place? If you pay tax and you see it channeled into nonsense like this, then you will realize how painful it is. ..

2 Likes

Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by tolumizzy(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2021
Zooooooo
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by kyuniii(m): 11:44am On Feb 25, 2021
What a pity, shame to the armed forces and the government who can not protect lives and properties but are solely concern about the lives of COWS. Soon those cows will fall on there heads WHAT A SHAME.
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by lugo99(m): 11:44am On Feb 25, 2021
bdbdbdndndndn
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by lugo99(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2021
wizkid
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by lugo99(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2021
FP is a must
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by ransomed: 11:50am On Feb 25, 2021
Arewa created a monster to push a southerner out of government, the monster has grown, multiplied and now consuming Arewa. You shall always reap whatever you sow.
You can self destruct and implode to your wicked satisfaction.
Siddon look is now my approach. Thank you.
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by rawtouch: 11:55am On Feb 25, 2021
cool
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by wellmax(m): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kriss216:

Thank you for telling us the plan of the opposition, PDP.
You guys will not rest as long as Buhari and APC rules this country.

You want to see it burn abi, let us see where you will put your own families.

But by God, you will FAIL, Nigeria will succeed and triump.
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by wellmax(m): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
Enemies of Nigeria will fail.
Dubai strategy will also fail.
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by Donspicey: 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kangara rescue mission casted so they are carefull so that what happened before won't repeat it self.....

We are watching how this kakara incident will end..
Re: Why Kagara Abductees Remain In Custody 8 Days After by oluwaSavage: 1:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
Story

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is Hope, North-East Nigeria At Turning Point – UN / Roads: We Have N431 Billion Ready For Collection, Umahi Tells Contractors / IGP Appoints DIGs Frank Mba, Sokari-pedro & Sanibto Oversee Imo, Bayelsa & Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.