Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family (48785 Views)

9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video) / 9-Year-Old Boy Rescues His Brother From Well (Photos) / Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
My senior bro wedding was schedule for the 30th day of October 2021, his wife and her fams were on his heads, telling him to make sure the wedding is the talk of the town, that, he should rent a big hall and make sure food; drinks; meats; kola etc. are available.

So last night he told me, I asked if his wife contributed anything, he said "Monetary" No....that she said she'll bring ppl to cook food and handle things women are meant to handle.

I told my him: Snr bro, make marriage simple. Don't take loans for wedding, don't use all your savings on wedding just to please people. People come to eat, drink and leave you in povery. Manage what you have. If your wife can't help you to think straight, then she ain't wife worthy.
This afternoon, in my presence he called his in-laws and called off the wedding....thank God he has not complete the dowry.

Hope I was right?

452 Likes 46 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Righteousness2(m): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
Thats a very Bold move from your Brother !
You did a Great Job by Pouring out the raw bitter truth to him. That was a Good one.

Your GOD Designed Partner will not be a burden to you
Your GOD Designed Partner will not run you into Debts for an event of Few hrs, when you have Forever ahead.

A Virtous Woman Knows that a Wedding is Just a day thing and would not throw her husband into unnecessary debts in the Name of impressing People.

508 Likes 32 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by lilvicky68(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
No be by force to do big wedding..thank God he realized earlier

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by osamz007: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
MAKE THE WEDDING THE TALK OF THE TOWN
something HERDSMEN cannot do

452 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
osamz007:
MAKE THE WEDDING THE TALK OF THE TOWN
something HERDSMEN cannot do
The matter tire me

15 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Freestainworld(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2021
The wedding is finally the talk of the town now that he has called off the wedding.

520 Likes 30 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by mariahAngel(f): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
My senior bro wedings is schedule for the 30th day of October 2021, his wife and her fams are on his heads, telling him to make sure the wedding is the talk of the town, that, he should rent a big hall and make sure food; drinks; kola etc. are available.

So last night he told me, I asked if his wife contributed anything, he said "Monetary" No....that she said she'll bring ppl to cook food and handle things women are meant to handle.

I told my him: Snr bro, make marriage simple. Don't take loans for wedding, don't use all your savings on wedding just to please people. People come to eat, drink and leave you in povery. Manage what you have. If your wife can't help you to think straight, then she ain't wife worthy.
This afternoon, in my presence he called his in-laws and called off the wedding....thank God he has not complete the dowry.

Hope I was right?

Na so!

Your brother never see the woman wey him wan marry!

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by ogub(m): 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
Calling off the wedding shouldn't have been the first thing to do he could have met with his prospective in-laws and tell them what he can afford to spend for the wedding and hear what they have to say

216 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
ogub:
Calling off the wedding shouldn't have been the first thing to do he could have met with his prospective in-laws and tell them what he can afford to spend for the wedding and hear what they have to say
He told them. But they said if he ain't get no money, that he should not bother taking their daughter home....

453 Likes 33 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by mariahAngel(f): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
He told them. But they said if he ain't get no money, that he should not bother taking their daughter home....

Why you no add this part to the op?

232 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

Why you no add this part to the op?

because I was typing in a haste and I use a feature phone!

20 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Michelle55: 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
You did the right thing bro.. Anyone expecting a plate of rice on my wedding day will wait till eternity because I ain't doing that shit.

If you want to celebrate with me, wait until after I've fought and conquered the stress, phases and struggles of my marriage with my husband by my side, then I will throw a big party for y'all( just come, eat and celebrate with us) I don't need anything from you undecided

Celebrate your post marriage and not your pre-wedding!!

If he ends up using his life savings to please the wife and her family, what will he use to feed her after the wedding? No be only talk of the town, na talk of the nation e go be undecided

Some people with unrealistic expectations sef yet they won't add a dime to make that dream a reality.. Mtcheew!

284 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 25, 2021
Good write-up bro......you have a great imagination.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Richy4(m): 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
The title of the movie ...." Is This Love"
Actors
Oge Okoye
Nonso Diobi
Onyii Michael
Chinwetalu Agu
Ebere Okaro

Village Extra
13 People

Waka Pass
6 Female 2 male...

Please Make this project grand OP
smiley

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by faithfull18(f): 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2021
Saved*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by armyofone(m): 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
ogub:

Don't you see he is happy now as he and the rest have the atm to themselves - grin till he finds his woman, continue doing your job of eye opening jare.
Next lady!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by veave(f): 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
Who does elaborate wedding these days? Oh I remember, instagram people do. If everything you typed up there is true then the woman in question isn't ready and shouldnt be seeking for a husband.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by decatalyst(m): 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
Thats a very Bold move from your Brother !
You did a Great Job by Pouring out the raw bitter truth. That was a Good one.

Your GOD Designed Partner will not be a burden to you
Your GOD Designed Partner will not run you into Debts for an event of Few hrs, when you have Forever ahead.
A Virtous Woman Knows that a Wedding is Just a day thing and would not throw her husband into unnecessary debts in the Name of impressing People.

Well said

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Amanee(f): 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
Super story

7 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by pocohantas(f): 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2021
I don’t believe your story is a real one, but I agree with you that no normal human should take loans or exhaust their savings to have a wedding. No sensible woman should endorse such expenditure either. Having that in mind, I support you.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by bukatyne(f): 7:10pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:

Iyawo buruku se fe, ana buruku o se ni.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by ImaIma1(f): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
Your brother has probably been reasoning the matter before you spoke. You just echoed what he knew. Obviously, there are some other signs he has seen.

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Liposure: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
Bold move but he ain't out of the woods yet. More are still out there. He just has to be willing and ready to negotiate

6 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by mrgbenga1: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
When has a marriage become a poverty alleviation programme

34 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nicepoker(m): 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
[s]
mariahAngel:

Na so!

Your brother never see the woman wey him wan marry!
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by macnino399: 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2021
Bro, you deserve a chilled bottle of red wine. You did well

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Angelacruz: 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
My senior bro wedings was schedule for the 30th day of October 2021, his wife and her fams were on his heads, telling him to make sure the wedding is the talk of the town, that, he should rent a big hall and make sure food; drinks; meats; kola etc. are available.

Hope I was right?
very good

5 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Angelacruz: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
imagine!on top person money

13 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by OnlyLife: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by BRATISLAVA: 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
Another woman bashing thread.

How much are you people paid to create these stories? Do you really think women don't have terrible stories to tell about men on a daily basis? The technique is old.

26 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What A Madam Did To A Boy In Ilorin For Allegedly Stealing Her N500(pic) / Drama As Trader Allegedly Finds Male’s Private Part Inside Food / Nwanyi Ocha, Swiss Blogger Celebrates Her Nigerian Husband's Birthday In Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.