Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline (43465 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks 3 PDP NASS members, affirms Lalong, Bulus (APC), Fom (LP) / Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill South Africans Over Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by November1857(m): 8:12am On Feb 26, 2021
Boko Haram Gives Government A Week Deadline To Free Pastor

The Abubakar Shekau led faction of the terror group Boko Haram has given an ultimatum for the release of Bulus Yakuru, a Christian cleric abducted on Christmas eve in Borno State, Northeastern Nigeria.

At least seven people were killed when Boko Haram insurgents attacked the village of Pemi in Borno State on Dec. 24 2020, during which the cleric was taken away.

Pemi is located approximately 20 kilometres from Chibok, where Boko Haram insurgents had abducted hundreds of schoolgirls.

The pastor has previously appeared in two Boko Haram videos days after the abduction in Dec. and early Jan. 2021, where he also pleaded for Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari’s intervention, Babagana Zulum, Governor of Borno State and church leaders to rescue him. The demands for his safe release have been communicated to the authorities.

In a new video, Pastor Yakuru identified himself and pleaded with Nigeria’s President, Borno State Governor and the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), the umbrella body of Christians in the country, to intervene and secure his release.

In the video, the pastor was given a one-week ultimatum by his abductors, reinstated by a fighter holding a knife standing behind him. The deadline, according to the terrorists, ends next Wednesday.

“I’m calling on President Muhammadu Buhari and the Governor of Borno to help me because I have been given a one-week ultimatum today, Feb. 24,” Yakuru pleaded in the video.

“If you want me alive, I beg you in your capacity as President, the governor and our local government chairman to save me from this suffering.”

“I’m calling on the EYN Church of the Brethren President to intervene and secure my release. Please pray for me,” the distraught cleric begged

Yakuru also cried to the Christian Association of Nigeria to look at his predicament, saying that he has no powers to free himself “ but depends on them.”

“Today is the last day I will have the opportunity to call on you in your capacity as my parents and relatives in the country. Anyone who has the intention should help and save me. Please release me from this pain.”

In Jan. 2020, Boko Haram killed Reverend Lawan Andimi, the district chairman of the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria (EYN) in Michika, Adamawa State.

https://humangle.ng/boko-haram-gives-government-a-week-deadline-to-free-pastor/

Photo description: Boko Haram captive, Pastor Bulus Yakuru. Photo from a screenshot of the video HumAngle obtained Thursday, 25/02/2021.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Nathaniel88: 8:12am On Feb 26, 2021
Hmmmm

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Akaegwu(m): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2021
I no go better for Buhari

183 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Mayng01(m): 9:37am On Feb 26, 2021
What can I say? Another innocent soul failed by it leadership . Only God can save him, not Nigerian government cos as far as they are concerned, he does not exist, and if he does, the news is fake

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Lanretoye(m): 10:27am On Feb 26, 2021
one day one day...all these rubbish go stop.

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Reex12(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2021
so this is what muslim extremists causing unrest in Nigeria are upto. But yet nairaland and its mods will want users to swear oath before commenting on islamic related topics on fp

309 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by WalkerMichael(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2021
what is even happening in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by DennisEche(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2021
PISFUL RELIGION

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Scrupulous419(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
DennisEche:
N

N-Power you mean abi? Space bookers undecided

See wetin remain for 9ja

28 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Queenlovely(f): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
signature

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by LoudLord(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
Muslims and their killing.

NL sucks ajeh ,so if I no be Muslim I no fit comment on Muslim section that's sucks you know.if una religion dey holy like that then why una killing too much?

Muslims folks fit comment anyhow on Christians section that's rubbish

Totally Rubbish
mtcheew

Na only them go dey kill still dey talk AHLAHUAKUBAR up and down

NL should fix up

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by OfficialGaGa(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
All I can say is.... Islamabad

Religion of piss... the major problem we have in this country.... I know buhari is happy...

BTW, ask ur self wen last dem kidnap any alfa or islamic scholar....

OfficialGaGa

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by GOVERNMENT2: 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
angry

TSEPHANYAH LETS HAVE YOUR OPINION PLEASE

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Peterobi90: 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Too bad the man was calling on Bihari to help. If only he knows how the scope be.

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by BruncleZuma: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Craigslists: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Lol grin

E go soon clear for una eye. Make una dey give amnesty to terrorists and bandits by calling them repentant. This will only encourage the upcoming terrorists that the business is lucrative and cash out is sure banker cheesy

Una go dey here dey cheer EFCC up say dem arrest working boys. If nor be street wey help boys calm down for south una think say people for fit dey sleep with their two eyes closed. The matter for worst past weytin dey happen for north now. Bandits matter for be child’s play. Just imagine say working boys drop lappy come begin carry gun.

Make una nor rally round on how to remove the terrorists wey una call government.

I hear say dem don put one new Aboki as EFCC chairman make him come dey Terrorize peaceful working boys wey dey mind their business while corrupt politicians and Civil Servants are having a field day looting our scarce resources to bribe terrorists.

E sure me say the day all these people in red jackets with misplaced priorities go mistakenly enter my area Na their dead body go litter the streets that day. Bunch of id!ots!!

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Strange things are happening in Nigeria now

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Islamic State

The Taliban

Al-Shabaab

Boko Haram - Nigeria

Al-Qaida

Fulani Herdsmen - Nigeria

Hayat al-Tahrir al-Sham

Jaysh al-Islam

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi

Khorasan Chapter of the Islamic State

Lashkar-e-Taliba - India

Jaish-e-Mohammad

Hizbul Mujahideen - India

Houthi rebels - Yemen

Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)

Adan-Abyan Province of the Islamic State.- Philippines

Abu Sayyaf - Philippines

Maute Group - Philippines

In Western Europe and North America, far-right extremists are a growing threat. In 2017, they carried out 59 attacks which killed 17 people. Most of the incidents were carried out by individuals motivated by Muslim extremists.

God forbid I’m part of a religion so wicked and inhuman.

Imagine a world without Islam!
Anywhere Islam breaths, death owns a mansion.
Human rights are thrown out the window.

Imagine a law on how to lick your hand, while another set of Fulani Herdsmen and bokoharam are planning how to waste people’s lives for a god that is always bloodthirsty.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by NaijaMutant(f): 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Reex12:
so this is what muslim extremists causing unrest in Nigeria are upto. But yet nairaland and its mods will want users to swear oath before commenting on islamic related topics on fp

Don't worry, he will be killed peacefully, after rendering peaceful prayers to Allah (The god of Peace)
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by merits(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2021
InshaAllah you shall return unhurt.

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Triangles1(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2021
If anything happen to him they should be ready for war.

I repeat, if anything go wrong with this pastor, all the northerner politicians should get ready for war.

Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakilome, TB Joshua, and the rest of prominent pastor, its high time for you all to speak out against this tomentor politicians, you pastors should come out of your mansion and private jet, speak out and help the northerners pastor, just because you guys are untouchable pastor because of your high influence in Nigeria doesn't mean to keep quite, help your fellow minor pastor.

Oyedepo, Adeboye please, please, please, I beg you all in the name of Jesus the savior, help the pastor in the north and speak out, enough of using religion for politics.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Righteousness2(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2021
In the Name of JESUS! I Bind the Powers backing the kidnappers of this Pastor.

I Decree angelic Invasion , Earthquake and Confusion into the camp where this pastor is held Captive. Let Him be Released in the Name of JESUS.. Amen

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by NaijaMutant(f): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2021
Akaegwu:
I no go better for Buhari

In English.

It shall not be well with Buhari

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Kingdemi212019: 10:48am On Feb 26, 2021
sad
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by Seniorwriter(m): 10:49am On Feb 26, 2021
What kind of clueless leadership is run in Nigeria....
You are aware of the location of terrorists organ yet you @ inertia towards eradicating them and also play with their younger organs in the name of herdsmen and bandits?
SMH

Anyways ill just focus on making money enough to leave Nigeria once it's too much for me to cope with! WTF is wrong with our leaders and security heads?!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!!
@SeniorWriter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by WiszyFraud: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2021
Boko don become the SS3 boyz of the country grin

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by jrupa(m): 10:49am On Feb 26, 2021
Very pathetic situation. May God deliver him

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by misterjosh(m): 10:49am On Feb 26, 2021
It is well
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline by HeadShot: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2021
Buhari boys threaten to kill pastor....

Hmmmmm

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spiritually, Tinubu Is Already In Aso Rock – Cynthia Morgan / Malami’s ₦5 Billion Rice Mill Construction In Kebbi State- SaharaReporters (Pix) / Police Raid ESN Camp In Enugu, Discover Corpse Of Missing Officer (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.