Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? (41756 Views)

Change Your Date Of Birth On Nysc Portal / NYSC: Wrong Name, Wrong Date Of Graduation / NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by Evii: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
Swear affidavit ASAP for future reference.

2 Likes

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by Funjay(m): 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
I always read comments with smiles on nairaland because there are usually different sides to a story, the fact, the truth, the exaggerations etc.
Someone mentioned that WAEC no longer attend to correction of date of births, yes, you are correct sir, their is a policy to that effect since 2019 or so.
Another commentator heaped all the blame on WAEC. Well, I wont say WAEC is perfect but if you check clearly my brother, the error is most time, let me refrain from saying all the time, from the school. The entries are done online by the school during exam registration on behalf of the students, even Private Candidate exams are now being done online from cyber cafes and it is whatever its being uploaded from the school or the Candidates that will reflect on the WAEC registration server.

For the OP, depending on where you are, where you wrote the exam, if it is school or private candidates etc, your best bet is to visit the nearest WAEC office for clarifications, please dont stop at the gate and listen to touts, they will assure you it will be done and collect money from you without doing anything, ensure you enter the office and talk to the customer service officers who will handle it or direct you to the appropriate officers, I can assure you, they wont ask you for bribe, that I am very sure of (you will get same explanation though that the Council no longer attend to correction of date of births and e get why).

Your surest bet though is to swear affidavit and be using your certificate jejelly, had it been like 2years ago, they may correct it and print another one for you after carrying out their due dilligence.

1 Like

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by Freddd009: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2021
Daytonbale:
don't worry it's does not affect international student , I use to do Nysc registration for student back then in school.

foreign Student's insert their date of birth by themselves while doing registration

Yes n even though they check your result online, there will be no date of birth printed

2 Likes

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by twoMcfemad: 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2021
MrJoelinton:
Pls I'll be registering for nysc as an international student. Wrote waec in 2008.

However, I just got the certificate today and instead of February, they wrote April. The date and year is correct, the only problem is the month. Pls whats the solution to this?

Thanks for your responses.

Affidavit at a magistrate or High Court.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by babywhite(f): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2021
I'm a victim too,I found out that the year month and day was incorrect, so I got an affidavit, was using all through tertiary institution including Nysc,but wahala struck when I went for an interview I was declined the firm doesn't accept affidavit I had to go and correct it,this happened in April 2018,the protocol was was much but I fought through, problem now is for my sch principal to go and claim it from waec office,...the stress expenses is crazy

2 Likes

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by akumarism(m): 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2021
MrJoelinton:
Pls I'll be registering for nysc as an international student. Wrote waec in 2008.

However, I just got the certificate today and instead of February, they wrote April. The date and year is correct, the only problem is the month. Pls whats the solution to this?

Thanks for your responses.

Go and get court affidavit and move on. I had similar issue, all effort to get it corrected proved abortive. I paid 10k to WAEC and they were in possession of my original certificate for more than 2 years, still they didn't get it corrected. I'm using that same WAEC certificate in conjunction with court affidavit. To the glory of God, I've gotten to the point that nobody ask about my first degree certificate again not to talk of WAEC certificate that I wrote in 1996.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by Baruwaaaaa(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2021
WAEC does not entertain any correction on certificate once it is printed.

Just get an affidavit to the said correction.

Don't be deceived nothing can be done.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by lilyheaven: 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2021
Leon90:
Go and swear affidavit! My age was equally reduced by one year in my WAEC certificate but I am even working with it at present.
That’s exactly what they told yesterday.
He said waec doesn’t change date of birth errors again, but I should go to court and get affidavit
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by nurusystem(m): 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
Just and get affidavit or declaration of age is not for NYSC.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by Tonytonex(m): 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2021
Jestin:
The dude that input the data before printing it out was presenting ur village people association. Kindly go to their officer close to u
LOL... very funny
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by Tonytonex(m): 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2021
Babysho:
Go back in your mother's womb and pick the date on your WAEC certificate as day of delivery at hospital because those lackadaisical clowns at WAEC office will stress your life before getting it done
nawa oh.ppl get bad mouth oh
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by Coinbased: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2021
Ok
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by odugbe1(m): 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2021
I have d same issue and i went for affidavit.. since then have been using it till now
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by MrJoelinton: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2021
Daytonbale:
don't worry it's does not affect international student , I use to do Nysc registration for student back then in school.

foreign Student's insert their date of birth by themselves while doing registration
Lol it does. International students are usually called for physical verification at the secretariat just before they start releasing call up letter.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by MrJoelinton: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2021
odugbe1:
I have d same issue and i went for affidavit.. since then have been using it till now
Is it that I'll just staple them and present it like that whenever the need be?
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by MrJoelinton: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
Leon90:
Go and swear affidavit! My age was equally reduced by one year in my WAEC certificate but I am even working with it at present.
So after affidavit, what next ? I'll staple them together and present whenever the need arises or I'll just present them separately.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by CioAngels(f): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2021
I should give you the advise I was given to when I went toWAEC result for correction from 1963 to 1983 which was daughters year of birth and the officer I met said, the best advise she will give is i should not submit it because there was likely hood I may not get it again and she advised she use affidavit. This was at Yaba 19year ago. Well with computer there should be improvement. You should go to there Ogba office. Good luck.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by abdulsamad(m): 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2021
Shaev7:

Interested, please how do I contact you?
Dont scam him
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by abdulsamad(m): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2021
No need for long formal.
When doing the nysc registration you can apply for change of date of birth.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by femmoy(m): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2021
Certificates are only printed once,if anybody asks you to go to WAEC office,it'll be a total waste of time,effort and money.
My DOB is 1983 but WAEC put 1979 for me. I got an affidavit and I've been fine ever since,coupled with my birth cert.

I repeat don't waste your time,get an AFFIDAVIT.

3 Likes

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by KingAzubuike(f): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2021
If you make the mistake of submitting that thing to waec for correction without having a photocopy as backup, forget it, your certificate is gone for good because even in the next 15 years, it will never still be ready. Going to waec for rectification is a waste of time. The best thing to do is to swear an oath of age declaration.

Yours is still a minor issue, it's just the month. For some people, it's the name or photo on it which is usually severe.

1 Like

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by UgoFly: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
If you have a birth certificate, then an affidavit will save you but if you don't have birth certificate some organizations that really consider age won't accept your documents.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by McCoy662(m): 11:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
This used to be a very big problem until I get to know the answer. Chat me up on WhatsApp let me tell u how u can get it corrected in less than one week at Waec office with little above 20k
081-6899-6014
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by KingAzubuike(f): 7:07am On Feb 27, 2021
McCoy662:
This used to be a very big problem until I get to know the answer. Chat me up on WhatsApp let me tell u how u can get it corrected in less than one week at Waec office with little above 20k
081-6899-6014
Scam alert!!
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by KingAzubuike(f): 7:10am On Feb 27, 2021
femmoy:
Certificates are only printed once,if anybody asks you to go to WAEC office,it'll be a total waste of time,effort and money.
My DOB is 1983 but WAEC put 1979 for me. I got an affidavit and I've been fine ever since,coupled with my birth cert.

I repeat don't waste your time,get an AFFIDAVIT.
I know people who submitted their certificates for correction as far back as 2004. As I speak, they've gotten nothing. Whenever they go there, all they hear is it's not ready yet, check back later. Submitting it is a waste of time and dangerous if you need to use it anytime soon except of course you have a coloured backup.

2 Likes

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by K4daniel: 8:13am On Feb 27, 2021
You don't need to waste your time on this just visit waec office ogba it will be resolved.

If you want any assist just chat me for free, the normal long process is 10k they told me it would be delayed for like 3months.

But If wanted it now I would pay like 20k though not inside staff but someone help me facilitate it. My error on date of birth was corrected next day. I paid 20k and i changed mine.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by chocolatee(f): 9:40am On Feb 27, 2021
I have same issue, I was thinking of going to WAEC office thanks to this post
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by McCoy662(m): 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Scam alert!!
what u don't know is bigger than you. If u must know, I had the same issue back in the years when uniben gave me admission. They rejected court affidavits and inconsistent DOBs during clearance. Luckily to me, a friend I met had the same issue but had corrected it in Lagos. I went to Waec office at ogba, Lagos and got it fixed in two days, went back to uniben and finished my clearance the next day.
Mind you it's done in Lagos and I'm not even in Lagos, wanted to direct him, I can't even see him nor collect the money from him.
So next time, watch ur tongue, everyone is not a thief like u
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
McCoy662:
what u don't know is bigger than you. If u must know, I had the same issue back in the years when uniben have me admission. They rejected court affidavits and inconsistent DOBs during clearance. Luckily to me, a friend I met had the same issue but had corrected it in Lagos. I went to Waec office at ogba, Lagos and got it fixed in two days, went back to uniben and finished my clearance the next day.
Mind you it's done in Lagos and I'm not even in Lagos, wanted to direct him, I can't even see him nor collect the money from him.
So next time, watch ur tongue, everyone is not a thief like u
Keep quiet young man and stop all this tales by moonlight. You don't even need the original certificate for clearance in higher institution, the printout is good to go. They won't even ask you for nysc. It's only foreign students that are required to provide it for nysc in camp or pre camp screening. Most people don't even have it until they want to use it for visa processing or government work and a few private firms. So when you think you're smart, there are some people smarter than you. This your format is very old and stale.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by femmoy(m): 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2021
KingAzubuike:

I know people who submitted their certificates for correction as far back as 2004. As I speak, they've gotten nothing. Whenever they go there, all they hear is it's not ready yet, check back later. Submitting it is a waste of time and dangerous if you need to use it anytime soon except of course you have a coloured backup.

Confirm.
Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by McCoy662(m): 11:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Keep quiet young man and stop all this tales by moonlight. You don't even need the original certificate for clearance in higher institution, the printout is good to go. They won't even ask you for nysc. It's only foreign students that are required to provide it for nysc in camp or pre camp screening. Most people don't even have it until they want to use it for visa processing or government work and a few private firms. So when you think you're smart, there are some people smarter than you. This your format is very old and stale.
Odee shut the fvck up. I didn't go to a backyard university like you if at all u went to uni... I mentioned the name of the school; the great University of Benin. Go find out their clearance requirements for fresh students.

1 Like

Re: How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? by KingAzubuike(f): 11:47pm On Feb 27, 2021
McCoy662:
Odee shut the fvck up. I didn't go to a backyard university like you if at all u went to uni... I mentioned the name of the school; the great University of Benin. Go find out their clearance requirements for fresh students.
I just pity those who will fall prey to your scam

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Corper Accused Of Stealing An Iphone Finally Speaks, Says "I'm Not A Thief / Brigadier-General Fada Appointed NYSC DG, Resumes Wednesday / Ebonyi Corper Dies 10 Days After A Friend Dreamt About His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.