Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,111 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:09 AM

What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? (6124 Views)

Muhammad's REAL NAME Is Qutham. Did Muslims Know This? / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / The Islamic Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Aketi2: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
People generally believe that the name of the Islamic god is "Allah". Arabian Christians even use the term to describe the God of the Christians. But this is wrong, as I am going to show in this short thesis.

H0: The name of the Islamic god is Allah
H1: The name of the Islamic god is not Allah

Proof:

I will start my argument by stating unequivocally that the name of the Islamic god is ILLAH and not Allah. As we know, ALLAH is a contraction of two words AL and ILLAH. Typically, the Arabs will tell us that "AL" means "the". However, what they will not tell us is that "AL" also means god/goddess. "AL" has its root in the Aramaic word "EL", which means God. It is this latter usage that makes more sense when AL-ILLAH is contracted to ALLAH. With this, AL-LAH will transliterate to mean "god-LAH". This is true when one considers the names of the three most important deities in the Kaaba namely; AL-LAT, AL-UZZAT and AL-MANAT. Notice the prefix "AL" before their names. If we adopt the latter meaning of the word "AL"; the goddess AL-MANAT will then"goddess MANAT"; AL-UZZAT, "goddess UZZAT". More over if we apply the meaning of AL as "the", it will not make sense to render the names of these goddesses as "The MANAT", The UZZAT" etc. If it is not possible to do this with AL-LAT, AL-UZZAT and AL-MANAT, Why should we treat AL-ILAH any differently?

Notice the following words:
La ilaha Illallah wahdahu (There is none worthy of worship except Allah alone)
La ilaha illallahu la sharikalahu (There is none worthy of worship except Allah with no partner or associate)
La illah illallah, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu (There is none worthy of worship except Allah, all dominion is His and all praise is to Him)
La illaha illallah, la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (There is none worthy of worship and there is no power and no strength except with Allah)

"Allah" only appears in the English interpretation, while Illah is used in the Arabic. I think this proves my hypothesis that the name of the Arabic god is Illah and not Allah.

Let me hear your argument for or against this my hypothesis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2021
However, what they will not tell us is that "AL" also means god/goddess.

I think you fail to decipher the complexity of what you read so you create God in the image of man.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2021
It is good that you reason though. And keep it up.
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Aketi2: 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
budaatum:

I think you fail to decipher the complexity of what you read so you create God in the image of man.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

You sound esoteric here. Can you break it down.
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2021
Aketi2:

You sound esoteric here. Can you break it down.

It is simple. God is neither male or female. How much mire do you need it broken?
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Aketi2: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2021
budaatum:

It is simple. God is neither male or female. How much mire do you need it broken?

I quiet agree that God is neither male or female.

What do you think of Illah? The god of the Muslims.
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2021
Aketi2:

I quiet agree that God is neither male or female.

What do you think of Illah? The god of the Muslims.

That's like asking "What do I think of Olorun? The God of the Yorubas"

Or, What do I think of the Chineke? The God of the Chinekeans.

Or, What do I think of the Elohim? The God of the Elohimeans.

Or, What do I think of the Deus? The God of the Latineans.

If I think like that, I will think I am stupidly ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by 1Sharon(f): 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
The Muslim god has no name " Allah" is not a name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Aketi2: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2021
budaatum:

That's like asking "What do I think of Olorun? The God of the Yorubas"

Or, What do I think of the Chineke? The God of the Chinekeans.

Or, What do I think of the Elohim? The God of the Elohimeans.

Or, What do I think of the Deus? The God of the Latineans.

If I think like that, I will think I am stupidly ignorant.

You dont believe in the existence if God, right?
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by sonmvayina(m): 6:30pm On Feb 26, 2021
budaatum:

Or he could be both.....lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Aketi2: 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2021
1Sharon:

My theory is that his name is ILLAH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2021
sonmvayina:

Or he could be both.....lol

It, is both. If 'It' is to exist, that is.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2021
Aketi2:

Even though you are specifically told It has an unknown name and don't make images of It?

Let us know the outcome of your theorising please. We would love to learn.
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2021
Aketi2:

You dont believe in the existence if God, right?

I don't believe in the existence of things period.
I'd rather check so I know.

It's like asking me to believe you exist when I can see with my very own two eyes that you obviously must exist enough for me to know you exist.

Would it not be silly to say "I believe Aketi2 exists", as opposed to Aketi2 exists?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2021
1Sharon:

You are back. Lol!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Aketi2: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
budaatum:

I don't believe in the existence of things period.
I'd rather check so I know.

It's like asking me to believe you exist when I can see with my very own two eyes that you obviously must exist enough for me to know you exist.

Would it not be silly to say "I believe Aketi2 exists", as opposed to Aketi2 exists?

I see, you only believe what is observable.

But, believing only the material/observable limits our potential to explore.
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by 1Sharon(f): 7:32pm On Feb 26, 2021
Aketi2:

That's not a name lol
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by 1Sharon(f): 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
budaatum:

You are back. Lol!

No you are back lol
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2021
Aketi2:

I see, you only believe what is observable.

But, believing only the material/observable limits our potential to explore.

No! angry angry And before I start to do aadozia and shadeyinka on you, that is not what I said nor meant!

I do know a lot of unseeable things, one of which is you Aketi2 can read. I also know that Jesus is Lord, though I have not exactly seen him. And there is also Lord Abami Eda Fela, though he I definitely have seen.

If I believe anything at all, I definitely do not know! And if believe the little I claim I know, then I definitely have limited, killed off even, the potential to explore.

Basically, to believe is to be wilfully ignorant. One must check so one knows.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2021
budaatum:

Ialso know that Jesus is Lord, though I have not exactly seen him.

Lord of what, who, where, and when?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
Martian:

Lord of what, who, where, and when?

Lord of buda. A worshipper of the Logos, with all the heart and soul and mind and strength and being and time that can be mustered.

Be a Martian now please. Remember words may mean different in Martianese.
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by lasisi69(f): 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2021
shocked

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Aketi2: 6:34am On Feb 27, 2021
1Sharon:

That's not a name lol

What then is his name?
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by shadeyinka(m): 6:38am On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

No! angry angry And before I start to do aadozia and shadeyinka on you, that is not what I said nor meant!

I do know a lot of unseeable things, one of which is you Aketi2 can read. I also know that Jesus is Lord, though I have not exactly seen him. And there is also Lord Abami Eda Fela, though he I definitely have seen.

If I believe anything at all, I definitely do not know! And if believe the little I claim I know, then I definitely have limited, killed off even, the potential to explore.

Basically, to believe is to be wilfully ignorant. One must check so one knows.
To know is to have enough knowledge about something/someone to be CERTAIN of its state or outcome at a given time. The Outcome of Knowing is not affected by varying external conditions.

Example:
-I know that 2+3 is Five!
-I know that "Sniper" is poisonous!
-I know that Mohammadu Buhari is the President of Nigeria.
-I know that I can write in English language

To Believe is having enough knowledge or information about something/someone to take a POSITION (howbeit of non certainty) of its state or outcome at a given time. The Outcome of Believing is can be affected by varying external conditions.

Examples:
-I believe I can run faster than you
-I believe that Buda is comfortable but not rich!
- I believe I have prepared adequately for the ICAN exam
-I believe that Buda will beat Anthony Joshua in a game of Chess!
-I believe that America will land a Man on Mars before the year 2030!

BELIEVING is NOT wilful Ignorance. Believing is taking a POSITION based on available knowledge and information which prevents a CERTAINTY of outcome!

Buda, all you have to do is to shred to pieces each of the examples on believing to show that they each all are WILLFUL IGNORANCE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by shadeyinka(m): 6:58am On Feb 27, 2021
Aketi2:
People generally believe that the name of the Islamic god is "Allah". Arabian Christians even use the term to describe the God of the Christians. But this is wrong, as I am going to show in this short thesis.

H0: The name of the Islamic god is Allah
H1: The name of the Islamic god is not Allah

Proof:

I will start my argument by stating unequivocally that the name of the Islamic god is ILLAH and not Allah. As we know, ALLAH is a contraction of two words AL and ILLAH. Typically, the Arabs will tell us that "AL" means "the". However, what they will not tell us is that "AL" also means god/goddess. "AL" has its root in the Aramaic word "EL", which means God. It is this latter usage that makes more sense when AL-ILLAH is contracted to ALLAH. With this, AL-LAH will transliterate to mean "god-LAH". This is true when one considers the names of the three most important deities in the Kaaba namely; AL-LAT, AL-UZZAT and AL-MANAT. Notice the prefix "AL" before their names. If we adopt the latter meaning of the word "AL"; the goddess AL-MANAT will then"goddess MANAT"; AL-UZZAT, "goddess UZZAT". More over if we apply the meaning of AL as "the", it will not make sense to render the names of these goddesses as "The MANAT", The UZZAT" etc. If it is not possible to do this with AL-LAT, AL-UZZAT and AL-MANAT, Why should we treat AL-ILAH any differently?

Notice the following words:
La ilaha Illallah wahdahu (There is none worthy of worship except Allah alone)
La ilaha illallahu la sharikalahu (There is none worthy of worship except Allah with no partner or associate)
La illah illallah, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu (There is none worthy of worship except Allah, all dominion is His and all praise is to Him)
La illaha illallah, la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (There is none worthy of worship and there is no power and no strength except with Allah)

"Allah" only appears in the English interpretation, while Illah is used in the Arabic. I think this proves my hypothesis that the name of the Arabic god is Illah and not Allah.

Let me hear your argument for or against this my hypothesis.

[s]The prefix Al- before -lah means/equivalent to the English word "the". As a Semitic language, the Arabic "Al" is equivalent to the Hebrew word "El".

Example:
El-Shaddai: the Strong One
El-ohim(p)/El-oha(s) : the god/God

Hence, Al-lah actually mean "the god/God"!

Allah is just a Title an not a Name![/s]
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by Aketi2: 7:07am On Feb 27, 2021
shadeyinka:

The prefix Al- before -lah means/equivalent to the English word "the". As a Semitic language, the Arabic "Al" is equivalent to the Hebrew word "El".

Example:

Allah is just a Title an not a Name!

This is the general perspective.

Assuming we accept this to be true. "The" is a definite article that points to a particular. Could it then mean that among the more than 360 gods in the Kaaba, Mohammed was saying one of them, "ILLAH" is "the only god".

Does this explain why Muslim chant Allahu Akbar "Allah is the greatest"? Thus, showing they were making their comparison amongst numerous gods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by stonemasonn: 7:15am On Feb 27, 2021
shadeyinka:

The prefix Al- before -lah means/equivalent to the English word "the". As a Semitic language, the Arabic "Al" is equivalent to the Hebrew word "El".

Example:

I disagree, El means god and Al is the Arabic equivalent, all descendant of the Semitic language.
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by stonemasonn: 7:17am On Feb 27, 2021
shadeyinka:

Example:
El-Shaddai: the Strong One..........................................................................God Almighty
El-ohim(p)/El-oha(s) : the god/God.............................................the living God

Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by shadeyinka(m): 7:36am On Feb 27, 2021
stonemasonn:
I disagree, El means god and Al is the Arabic equivalent, all descendant of the Semitic language.
Sorry my bad:
El is a generic name for god/deity in Hebrew!
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by shadeyinka(m): 7:42am On Feb 27, 2021
Aketi2:

This is the general perspective.

Assuming we accept this to be true. "The" is a definite article that points to a particular. Could it then mean that among the more than 360 gods in the Kaaba, Mohammed was saying one of them, "ILLAH" is "the only god".

Does this explain why Muslim chant Allahu Akbar "Allah is the greatest"? Thus, showing they were making their comparison amongst numerous gods.
It's a generic name for a god/deity the prefix should not be looked on with an English meaning.

It's just like given a title
-Richard the Lion heart
-Henry the brave
-Mohammed the trustworthy etc

The truth is that Allah was one of the 360 gods in the Kaaba. Mohammed's father Abdullah has a name meaning servant of Allah as a proof
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by 1Sharon(f): 8:53am On Feb 27, 2021
Aketi2:

What then is his name?

He has none. God's name was ' I am that I am' in the old testament and now became mere 'allah' in the Qur'an.
Re: What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? by budaatum: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2021
shadeyinka:

To Believe is having enough knowledge or information about something/someone to take a POSITION (howbeit of non certainty) of its state or outcome at a given time. The Outcome of Believing is can be affected by varying external conditions.

Examples:
-I believe I can run faster than you
-I believe that Buda is comfortable but not rich!
- I believe I have prepared adequately for the ICAN exam
-I believe that Buda will beat Anthony Joshua in a game of Chess!
-I believe that America will land a Man on Mars before the year 2030!

BELIEVING is NOT wilful Ignorance. Believing is taking a POSITION based on available knowledge and information which prevents a CERTAINTY of outcome!

Buda, all you have to do is to shred to pieces each of the examples on believing to show that they each all are WILLFUL IGNORANCE!

You believe you can run faster than buda because you have not yet run faster than buda so that you may know.

You believe you have prepared adequately for ICAN because you have not yet taken the exam to find out and know if you have prepared adequately.

You believe that Buda will beat Anthony Joshua in a game of Chess because you have not yet witnessed them play so you may know if Buda will beat Anthony Joshua in a game of Chess or not.

You believe that America will land a Man on Mars before the year 2030 because America has not yet landed a Man on Mars and it is not yet 2030.

Essentially, you believe because you are unCERTAIN of the outcomes you believe in because you do not yet have sufficient knowledge to not be ignorant of the outcomes you believe in. Once you have acquired sufficient knowledge by testing your beliefs, you will stop believing because you will know.

Please know that I will not respond to you any further on this topic because we have done this enough on this thread, and it obvious that you believe you are right and will not test your belief and will therefore never know.

budaatum:

Any belief negatively affects knowledge, and a believe in what you do not understand, even moreso.

The issue is that you think both what you believe, and knowledge, are the same thing, which they are not. Just think. You can not believe your mother is your mother if you know who your mother is nor can you believe you have money in your bank account if you know there is money in your bank account.

I'm certain you are tempted to respond in the negative to the above but I recommend you think about it for a day or two to avoid responding how you have been programmed to believe.

You do not believe what you know, and if you believe then you really do not know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairaland Religion First 11 - Just For Laughs!!! / How The Universe Was Created And Who Created It, Disproving Atheism / Untold Truth About Apostle Joshua Selman Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.