Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? (25344 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by xendra: 5:05am On Feb 27, 2021
it's not by force, do what you can if not appreciated cut them off.

as for me I ask "what do you want to do" I'll give you d money do your business and pay me back. they don't always pay back but you know you can't come ask me for dime again when you haven't paid back.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:13am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:
It’s the beginning of a new year and that means new bills and more responsibilities and thinking back at last year just gives me some sort of joy at how I have planned this year for my bills.

My family lives in Ibadan and I live in Lagos and I must confess that it is such a struggle to pay their bills while working in Lagos here. I am the first child so I have to send my family money every month, and my siblings every week.

My family DSTV bill is also something I have to do monthly while I also ensure that all my siblings get airtime on their phone every week. It is such a traumatic experience when I remember that as I am planning all this small small money that when you calculate it, it becomes big money, I have to also plan bank charges inside of it as well.
I moved out of the house at a point to make ends meet as the first son of the family especially as my parents are getting old and I’m their only source of livelihood as it is right now, some people say you do not owe your parents anything but well, I do not believe in this and I take care of my parents and see it as my duty and what I owe to them to do.

Schools have resumed, Nishola, my sister needs to go back and would need fees and other miscellaneous expenses. Femi my brother is preparing for his WAEC to enable him get into the university. My parents of course have medical bills to be sorted as well every month.

When I calculate this in total every month including bank charges, it is over 100,000 monthly that I spend last year not until this January when someone mentioned how PalmPay gives people rewards when they do transactions. At first, and as usual, I did not believe it but that is not the point of the thread.

The point of writing this thread is really to ask, how do African Children deal with the numerous bills that they have to pay for the family and friends?

You are enjoying it so stop complaining. If you are not enjoying it, you would have done something about it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by crafteck(m): 5:15am On Feb 27, 2021
Its killing me
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by klickstar: 5:16am On Feb 27, 2021
My brother you're killing yourself gradually and according to your post you're not married yet
I laugh in egun
Marry first then you will know khaki no be leather you better place everyone now before they label your wife as a WITCH

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Lexusgs430: 5:16am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:
It’s the beginning of a new year and that means new bills and more responsibilities and thinking back at last year just gives me some sort of joy at how I have planned this year for my bills.

My family lives in Ibadan and I live in Lagos and I must confess that it is such a struggle to pay their bills while working in Lagos here. I am the first child so I have to send my family money every month, and my siblings every week.

My family DSTV bill is also something I have to do monthly while I also ensure that all my siblings get airtime on their phone every week. It is such a traumatic experience when I remember that as I am planning all this small small money that when you calculate it, it becomes big money, I have to also plan bank charges inside of it as well.
I moved out of the house at a point to make ends meet as the first son of the family especially as my parents are getting old and I’m their only source of livelihood as it is right now, some people say you do not owe your parents anything but well, I do not believe in this and I take care of my parents and see it as my duty and what I owe to them to do.

Schools have resumed, Nishola, my sister needs to go back and would need fees and other miscellaneous expenses. Femi my brother is preparing for his WAEC to enable him get into the university. My parents of course have medical bills to be sorted as well every month.

When I calculate this in total every month including bank charges, it is over 100,000 monthly that I spend last year not until this January when someone mentioned how PalmPay gives people rewards when they do transactions. At first, and as usual, I did not believe it but that is not the point of the thread.

The point of writing this thread is really to ask, how do African Children deal with the numerous bills that they have to pay for the family and friends?

Change your number........

You have laid your head, and it shall be shaved well......

I don't hope you kick a bucket tomorrow, but if you do, they would continue living.... ....

Nah ur type dey give wife wàhálà......... grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Btruth: 5:17am On Feb 27, 2021
Antoeni:
ON TOP ONE MAN HEAD:

1. NEPA don bring bill
2. Buy bread when u are coming
3. Buy Egg when u are coming
4. Gas don finish
5. Kerosine don finish
6a. Generator no gree start
6b. Buy fuel for generator when u are coming
7. Car don get flat tyre, e no gree start
8. School fees don show
9. DStv/GOtv etc don stop to dey show
10. Dem come ask for vigilante money
11. Month don end for Lesson teacher
12. Biscuit and Happy Hour nko?
13. Dem go begin report the children to u as u dey enter
14. If u never build, Landlord matter na madding
15. Dem go still shook hand for ur pocket pack d small change join..
16. Tell u d pikin dey run temperature like say u be doctor...
17a. Buy them credit
17b. Buy them data
18. Not excluding Suya, Cat fish etc on some nights
19. Fridge, pressing iron, fan etc. go stop, another headache..
20. Dem still wan go amusement park on public holidays
21. How much be the salary sef..

I come go hospital for fever, doctor say I get High BP.

How man no go get High BP..

And

On top all, you must not disappoint in the inner room.. dem go still give you orders,

*"HONEY HARDER"*

Please, let's take it easy......our lives matters.
With or without us, life will continue.

E no dey easy sha,
GOD Blessings be with all us
numerous reason why men died earlier.

6 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Originalsly: 5:19am On Feb 27, 2021
Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day....... teach him to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime.

Your parents are elderly... if need be... you can feed them daily. The rest... why have them on Welfare? Bro.... they need to learn to fend for themselves.... to learn to fish. Look in the mirror... you will see someone training his siblings to be 'lazy yoots'.... or to be entitled. Help those who are willing to help themselves.
My advice... let each find a hustle ... small start up.... and help them get started. Barbing?... buy clipper set. Hair stylist?... buy combs and some bundles of hair. Buy and sell?... you're in Lagos... what is cheap in Lagos that is expensive in your hometown? What is cheap in your hometown that you can supply in Lagos? They must do something. Youths abroad begin working while attending High School. Rich parents have their kids working while in High School.... to these it is not about the money.... but developing work ethics early. When your entitled siblings finish schooling....... I hope you know you will be hunting jobs for them.

P.S ... whoever said you're stingy.... cut their money.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:20am On Feb 27, 2021
Wat do u mean by one owe his parents, nothing?

As for me ,u owe them everything.

We are africans
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by GeneralPula: 5:21am On Feb 27, 2021
Family problems no dey finish...Nah to send wetin you get whenever you get.

But I kinda believe, as a man, if you wanna find your feet on time, you need to disconnect yourself from family first, by staying far away from them..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by yusufu16: 5:26am On Feb 27, 2021
dazzlingd:
One other reason africans dont progress....

Carrying weights way beyond their capacity.

Sometimes in life, u have to remain focus and lock up to get to your destination......u cant be struggling to escape drowning and be dragging other weight, u will all drown!

way to go. I dont give a f***k about family pressure. My kobo no dey go to any of my family members except may be my parents. Everyone should go and hustle for him/herself. No family member has helped me in this life, so nobody should expect anything from me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by goonlinetravel: 5:26am On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:
My dear, it's not easy ooo. Sometimes I feel like running away. My case is worse because I live with them. I am so frustrated that for over a week now I have been giving them attitude, I don't talk to any of them. I just drop money for food and any other thing that needs to be paid, then off I go. The rent is almost due and they are all waiting for me to conjure the money from the sky.smh. The burden is just too much
[url]
visit - [/url]https://www.goonlinetravel.com/
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by seanwilliam(m): 5:27am On Feb 27, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You are enjoying it so stop complaining. If you are not enjoying it, you would have done something about it
I wanted to attack u but then I see your moniker and I backed and agreed that u know more than I do. How have u been
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by goonlinetravel: 5:27am On Feb 27, 2021
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by MrHighSea: 5:28am On Feb 27, 2021
OrdinaryNigeria:
Wat do u mean by one owe his parents, nothing?

As for me ,u owe them everything.

We are africans
no start ds argument abeg.

So, ur unborn kids r indebted to u already.

dt chain needs to be broken. let's not feel entitled abeg.

Personally, each kid must be born a millionaire. I go try make ground soft for them. Not making them feed me and pay their siblings' school fees.

Their resources should rather be a plus to us.

They'll love you still without hardship.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Jelzin2412(m): 5:28am On Feb 27, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

This one way to go

My brother, na you day do yourself.

You see I've been in this shoe and I can tell you with all sense of responsibility that if today you leave this Earth (God forbid) your parents, siblings and friends will survive 100% without you, I can tell you this for free, you shouldn't attend to every books dropped at request, sending your siblings airtime, What! You must be joker sincerely.

Your approach is making your circle very weak, complacent and entitled.

To circumvent this, you will have to create systems that generate money for your parents since they are old, equally you may want to encourage them to find avenues they could raise money for themselves within the capacity of strength they can muster, without overstressing to themselves, either open a small shop, or a biker to remit funds to them every week or something, just think, you understand your family better than I do.

Secondly you sister must develop herself to become a person with valuable skills she can exchange for money, maybe a hair dresser, tailor, a writer, sells cloth or something, there are businesses she could start with as low as 20K and make good profits to take care of her immediate needs like airtime, pad, transportation to school etc

You keep employing this approach of a miracle worker for every single need within your circle, you will soon become an angry man. Haba

The way it works for me is that I attend to cogent needs that could stress my parents especially when it has to do with heavy payments with short deadlines (school fees and rent), I can't imagine my brother or sister in University expecting me to recharge their phone! I have ensured they develop themselves to become people of value, who can exchange that skill for money.

Walahi God bless you for this master piece...I tolled a line similar to his until I borrowed some sense. Call me stingy! No wahala. But if you no help yourself OYO na that my sibling case. Yes I want to help but I have to work with you and not feed you like a toddler..

Kudos for your piece of advice

9 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by EmekaBlue(m): 5:29am On Feb 27, 2021
+ girlfriends own

Money is just everything lately
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by yusufu16: 5:29am On Feb 27, 2021
Originalsly:
Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day....... teach him to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime.

Your parents are elderly... if need be... you can feed them daily. The rest... why have them on Welfare? Bro.... they need to learn to fend for themselves.... to learn to fish. Look in the mirror... you will see someone training his siblings to be 'lazy yoots'.... or to be entitled. Help those who are willing to help themselves.
My advice... let each find a hustle ... small start up.... and help them get started. Barbing?... buy clipper set. Hair stylist?... buy combs and some bundles of hair. Buy and sell?... you're in Lagos... what is cheap in Lagos that is expensive in your hometown? What is cheap in your hometown that you can supply in Lagos? They must do something. Youths abroad begin working while attending High School. Rich parents have their kids working while in High School.... to these it is not about the money.... but developing work ethics early. When your entitled siblings finish schooling....... I hope you know you will be hunting jobs for them.

P.S ... whoever said you're stingy.... cut their money.

There was a time every call i receive is for them asking for money. So now i dont pick there calls. I dont give damn. Let everyone go and hustle.

4 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by IYANGBALI: 5:35am On Feb 27, 2021
donbachi:
When dem ask for 20k..me i dey send 5k.when dem ask for 50k,i send 10..i no go kill my sef.
yes o

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by jaxxy(m): 5:37am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:
how do African Children deal with the numerous bills that they have to pay for the family and friends?

While helping them try to make them independent minded. Teach or show them learn lucrative skills that can sustain them b4 u gathered up whatever u can afford give them monthly unless u are buoyant then fine u can keep paying comfortably. It all comes down to ur pocket and planning.

Many Skills can be learnt without going to skol so if they get it right they won’t need u and can also support ur parents which is much better for u.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by KrazyDave16(m): 5:37am On Feb 27, 2021
Set a small biz for your parents.

Show your siblings some good ideas for a side hustle

Those friends feeling like they own your Bank account, delete their numbers. Better to have a friend that has sense than 10 with no sense at all.

If your parents n siblings still feel entitled, cut them off. It's not a must you suffer so they can live a lush life.

6 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by lordizak(m): 5:38am On Feb 27, 2021
What exactly is your point?
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by IYANGBALI: 5:40am On Feb 27, 2021
Op give me your sister, Nishola’s number make I dey help am financially

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by tobeymichael16(m): 5:40am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:

My brother, I don use that strategy but dem call me stingy
. Calling one stingy when he is giving you was he has is just emotional black mail.

5 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Kokaine(m): 5:59am On Feb 27, 2021
Its too much.
People even know the date for my salary. Call from every corner. Especially friends. Always borrowing. And to pay back will be a problem. The annoying thing is that I never really benefit financially from them. Imagine someone calling me to borrow him money because his rent expired. As if he did not know one year ago that he needs to save for his rent. This is why I live a quiet life now. No posting any picture or status anywhere. Make dem no come feel say I get money

32 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by ajani68: 6:00am On Feb 27, 2021
honest1480:
Most of these bills are unavoidable. They know when you have and when you don't. Monitoring spirit everywhere.
That is the spirit of Money for you.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by sonofthunder: 6:02am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:

Encourage your siblings to take up little jobs or learn skills.

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Truth801(m): 6:16am On Feb 27, 2021
Encourage your siblings to take up little jobs or learn skills.true
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Truth801(m): 6:19am On Feb 27, 2021
It's mostly the other way round as the vast majority of Nigerian youths still fully or partially rely on their parents and relatives for survival. In a country ravaged by an exponentially increasing level of unemployment and poverty, youths ( graduates inclusive) find it hard to excel. Most still live under their parents roof, feed from their mother's pot and contribute next to nothing. It's a sad but stark reality.

8 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by nanauju(f): 6:21am On Feb 27, 2021
BarrElChapo:
angry stfu, i can bet that palmpay story is the essence of your post

Many average Nigerian youth can relate to his story irrespective of the palm pay part.

@OP, Omo you cannot kill yourself o. As you can see, many people here share./shared same experience with you. Me for one had to use my head to balance it. I decided to be meager when they almost started seeing me as milk cow. Funny enough when they buy their provision they will go and hide it in their room.

Hehe

3 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by mmsen: 6:23am On Feb 27, 2021
Telling yourself that you must is the problem. You do not owe them, they elected to have children.

Africans need to learn what 'accountability' means. If people choose to have children they are responsible for those children, not the other way around. That is one of the biggest problems on this continent - the wildly irrational, ass backwards thinking.

This continent will remain the way that it is until 'elders' are held to account for their foolishness. The culture of parental entitlement is toxic.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by zedegit: 6:24am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:

My brother, I don use that strategy but dem call me stingy

That is a sign of someone with entitlement mentality.

It seems they know how much you earn and feel you owe them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by mmsen: 6:24am On Feb 27, 2021
Kokaine:
Its too much.
People even know the date for my salary. Call from every corner. Especially friends. Always borrowing. And to pay back will be a problem. The annoying thing is that I never really benefit financially from them. Imagine someone calling me to borrow him money because his rent expired. As if he did not know one year ago that he needs to save for his rent. This is why I live a quiet life now. No posting any picture or status anywhere. Make dem no come feel say I get money

Those are not your friends.

They are leeches.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"I Prefer My Man Beating Me To Cheating On Me" - Nigerian Lady / When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. / When Is The Best Period To Introduce A Child To Sex Education And How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.