Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday (12959 Views)

NASU, SSANU To Embark On 3-Day Strike Over IPPIS, Others / NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS / Strike: Universities' Workers Are Unfair To Nigerian Students- Hardeysolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by SafexxUnlimited(m): 6:02am On Feb 27, 2021
Full academic activities are expected to resume on Monday in all the federal universities in the country as the Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities and Associated Institutions (NASU) and Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) have suspended their industrial action.

The suspension was not, however, without some provisos.

The two unions said they would resume their action if the Federal Government fails to implement the memorandum of understanding it signed with them within the stipulated periods.

The issues in contention include inconsistencies in IPPIS payments; non-payment of arrears of National Minimum Wage; non-payment of Earned Allowances; delay in renegotiation of FGN/NASU and SSANU 2009 Agreements; non-payment of retirement benefits to outgone members; teaching staff usurping headship of non-teaching units in clear violation of conditions of service and establishment procedures; neglect and poor funding of state universities and non-constitution of visitation panels for universities.

A statement signed by the General Secretary of NASU, Peters Adeyemi, and National President of SSANU, Mohammed Ibrahim, in Abuja, said the strike action was embarked upon as a result of government’s failure to implement an agreement reached last year.

At the end of negotiations between the parties last Thursday night, understandings were reached with the government side with specific timelines.

In suspending the strike, the two unions said government entered into a written agreement via a Memorandum of Action, which was acceptable to their members and deemed enough to put the action on hold.

“In line with the majority resolution of our members across the universities and inter-university centres that the strike be suspended while expecting government to act in good faith on the Memorandum of Action, it is with great sense of responsibility that we announce the suspension of the industrial action with effect from the midnight of Friday, February 26, 2021,” the unions said.

Both NASU and SSANU noted that government was expected to reciprocate the goodwill of the unions by implementing the terms contained in the new agreement.

“We hope that government shall reciprocate the patriotic and compassionate consideration of the leadership of the two unions and ensure that the agreements are implemented according to the set timelines. We cannot afford to have our system set back due to protracted and avoidable industrial actions and we believe that the ultimate buck to avoid industrial actions in the university system lie solely with government. Our decision should never be taken as cowardice or foolishness but in the interest of the students and the system which we hold very dear to our hearts,” they added.

Source https://m.guardian.ng/news/full-academic-activities-to-resume-in-federal-varsities-as-nasu-ssanu-end-strike/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Bola146(f): 6:10am On Feb 27, 2021
grin Thank God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by tillaman(m): 6:21am On Feb 27, 2021
Academic activities dey go on since na abi my sister Dey lie for me ni since
She don comot house since January na
Make i go call her

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by merieam16(f): 7:01am On Feb 27, 2021
tillaman:
Make i go call her
lolzz...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Akpuobi1: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2021
Let's hope government will fulfill their own part of the agreement, else, the will strike again

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by tardell007(m): 9:23am On Feb 27, 2021
grin
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by HeadNigga: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2021
Didn't even know they were on strike. Good news still. Ngige for president

2 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by WiszyFraud: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2021
Lol
This Buhari administration remains the Best so far... grin
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by jamalnation(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2021
Ok
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by nextBIGthing: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2021
Nice one
I just pray the government does not ruin education finally in Nigeria.
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by jamalnation(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2021
geek07:
100% sure bet. 9ja game available

Payment after winning

Msg me on WhatsApp 0 7 0 8 5 7 9 9 3 5 4

Lol if e sure you go book am for yourself

3 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Neduzze5(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2021
This government is sha the worst so far.

The corona virus and the accompanying lockdown made it seem as though things were normal.

However, remove the lockdown and Nigerian Students would have spent no less than 9 months plus at home - the longest in the history of the country.

Shame!!

3 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by WiszyFraud: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2021
tillaman:
Make i go call her

Hope say no be weytin I dey think grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Sultty(m): 9:25am On Feb 27, 2021
See d life of the "leaders of tomorrow" sad this government is a sham
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by ateamblezing(f): 9:25am On Feb 27, 2021
After destroying the lives of some students.
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Moz22: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2021
Hehhehe
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Moz22: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2021
tillaman:
Make i go call her
hahaha

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by BigYash: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2021
merieam16:
lolzz...
grin
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Xandre: 9:27am On Feb 27, 2021
Na half resumption we be dey?

We really didn't miss them this time Sha...

The hostels are running perfectly.

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by stalingraddd(m): 9:28am On Feb 27, 2021
Both lectures and politicians have ruined Nigeria’s educational system to the point of almost no return, no wonder their kids never school here, God help us all.
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2021
ateamblezing:
After destroying the lives of some students.

How did they destroy ur life?
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by lorbah001(m): 9:29am On Feb 27, 2021
tillaman:
Make i go call her

I think it only affected federal universities

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by ateamblezing(f): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2021
OOzz:

How did they destroy ur life?
did I say it was my own life? I dey vex o
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by floss(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2021
To be honest ASUU and his younger siblings have tried.... after the long tussle na government surrender....
But I can't remember my ReG number crew go soon land..

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2021
ateamblezing:
did I say it was my own life? I dey vex o

grin grin

I understand, even the hunger reach this side
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by gstelly: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2021
tillaman:
Make i go call her
she no lie, we even da write exams self grin

5 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by Slynation(m): 9:32am On Feb 27, 2021
tillaman:
Make i go call her
Lol... Lectures has been going on, but it was external activities carried out by non academic staff that was suspended....No-go beef your sister for nothing oO

6 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by ateamblezing(f): 9:33am On Feb 27, 2021
OOzz:

grin grin

warn yourself grin
OOzz:

grin grin

warn yourself
Re: NASU, SSANU End Strike, Universities To Fully Resume On Monday by GiftedTitty: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2021
tillaman:
Make i go call her

The strike didn't affect lectures. Only non academic activities were affected. For example after submitting ID card, they went on strike. I no get ID now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Schools' Disciplinary System; How Effective Is It? / YABATECH Declares 22-day Holiday For Elections / Free Post Utme Exam Past Question Pdf Download - Oau Uniben Uniilorin Unilag Unn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.