Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries (48946 Views)

Shasa Market Crisis: Traders Express Displeasure Over Release Of Suspects / Ibadan Clash: Makinde, Ganduje, Three Northern Governors Visit Shasa Market / Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Kingdemu: 9:49am On Feb 27, 2021
Owners Of 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries

One hundred trucks conveying 4,000 tonnes of onion have reportedly left Sokoto for other African countries in the aftermath of the recent crisis at Shasa.

The crisis in Shasa reportedly led to the death of 27 onion dealers while 14 trucks were razed.

However, the National President of Onion Producers and Marketers, Aliyu Isa, denied that the decision to export the products resulted from the recent Shasa crisis.

DailyTrust Saturday learnt that this was the first documented onion export witnessed in the country.

Speaking at the flag-off ceremony, which took place at Illela border post, Isa noted that the world witnessed a global onion crisis due to the outbreak of purple blotch and Downey mildew in 2019 and the challenge posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

He added that in Nigeria, the situation was further complicated by the flooding of 2020, which made it challenging to attain annual onion domestic demands.

According to him, Nigeria produces 1.4 million metric tonnes of onion every year and exports it to all African countries, except Egypt and the Niger Republic.

He said that before now, they were spending not less than N1 million to export their products through the informal way, but now that they have officially documented it,  they would spend only N100,000.

In his remarks, the comptroller of Customs in charge of Sokoto and Zamfara states, Alhaji Abdulhameed Ma’aji, said they had provided advanced solutions to ease the exportation of made in Nigeria products.

Also speaking, Alhaji Ahmed Yahya, head of the Export Promotion Council in Sokoto, described the development as a giant lift and great feat because many informal exports were taking place along the axis.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/27/owners-100-trucks-onions-boycott-shasa-market-leave-sokoto-other-countries

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by valirex: 9:52am On Feb 27, 2021
Who cares undecided

204 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Jostoman: 9:52am On Feb 27, 2021
Their own farm product keep germinate while they come to the south to destroy people's farm with their cow. So who is fooling who?

606 Likes 35 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 27, 2021
Lubbish!!

Time for the south to redirect their pipelines to cameroon or even Togo

337 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Iamgrey5(m): 9:53am On Feb 27, 2021
Wow, I thought it was 500 trucks

Awon olobe cheesy

How many onions are even consumed in Ibadan Daily to begin with?

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 27, 2021
When they say export hope it's Not the same poor Niger and Chad who are looking to sell their own they are referring to

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Obalatule: 9:54am On Feb 27, 2021
Thunder fire onions

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by capitalzero: 9:57am On Feb 27, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Wow, I thought it was 500 trucks

Awon olobe cheesy

How many onions are even consumed in Ibadan Daily to begin with?
I wonder oh. Perishable foods!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by hisgrace090: 9:59am On Feb 27, 2021
Is it part of thr boycut?

3 Likes

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Cadamlk: 9:59am On Feb 27, 2021
So taking them to neighbouring countries can fetch them more money and they were busy taking them to the south. There is no better word for dumbness.

Just smile and wave gentlemen ,smile and wave grin.

199 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Mightyhaiz: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2021
Una get trucks of onions and other foods na him una beggars and under age cluster all the roundabouts ,traffic lights and cathedrals for south.. feed yourselves first..

South can more than look after itself..

153 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Kondomatic(m): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2021
Tor, let them cook them, pound them, do soup and enjoy their "onion fufu"

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Etrusen(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2021
we Southerner need more of this

in fact stop coming to south!!

Abeg

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by christistruth01: 10:06am On Feb 27, 2021
Those Trucks should try moving without Petrol from the South

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Gondonu: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2021
Let it pass abeg.They should continue.So crops grow in their farms down north while their wicked fulani herdsmen are destroying farmlands and crops down south? These people are wicked.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Kingdemu: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2021
OOzz:
Lubbish!!

Time for the south to redirect their pipelines to cameroon or even Togo
The pipeline doesn't belong to the south. It belongs to the Federal Republic of Nigeria

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2021
More reason all this terrorists in our farm should leave

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Perfectsouth(m): 10:10am On Feb 27, 2021
let me advice them, they should start thinking bout dried onion flakes

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by HopeVictor(m): 10:22am On Feb 27, 2021
You guys can eat all your onions for all I care..since exporting it will give more money you can continue..

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by LMS1(m): 10:22am On Feb 27, 2021
Thankgod I Dont Eat Onion grin

4 Likes

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2021
Kingdemu:
The pipeline doesn't belong to the south. It belongs to the Federal Republic of Nigeria
like zamfara gold abi

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by johnmartus(m): 10:25am On Feb 27, 2021
Who care.Even Aboki shoe maker or shoe shiner can leave southern Nigeria to Mali.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by duro4chang(m): 10:27am On Feb 27, 2021
Bye bye

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Patrioticbreed9(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2021
i remember that year wey me and my ex broke up,two weeks latter she got a boy friend and started updating his pic's and their activities every here and there "say hi to the loml" "heart beat" grin omo two months latter she called me and told me that she missed me and will like us to be together that i shouldnt worry she would be the one to take me out., but it was already late i've already gotten a girl friend grin i just hope that when the northeners will come back begging we havnt gotten another alternative.. you wan use food threaten persin for 21st century! i laugh in ikot ekpene!

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by edochie12: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2021
In anambra state here,the foods we normally eat are cultivated here,like bitter leaf,cocoyam, pepper,even red oil,we have rice from anambra and ebonyi,we can substitute stew with Banga soup,so I understand why the north always claim that they feed the south.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Optional09: 10:50am On Feb 27, 2021
valirex:
Who cares undecided

honestly, who cares, any cow that stray into any farm in the south west should receive an head shot without police invitation.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Psalmspsalms: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2021
All those that are yearning 'who cares' will soon know. Its a matter of time

7 Likes

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by ken6488(m): 10:55am On Feb 27, 2021
Psalmspsalms:
All those that are yearning 'who cares' will soon know. Its a matter of time
cool We are just practicing how every region will survive after we separate

121 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by adadike(f): 11:03am On Feb 27, 2021
All tankers and pipelines attached to the north, am looking at you in 3d

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Psalmspsalms: 11:16am On Feb 27, 2021
ken6488:
cool We are just practicing how every region will survive after we separate
Yeah, I agree with u. But this northern people ma sef. Education really do shape our reasoning a lot.

5 Likes

Re: 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries by Kingdemu: 11:25am On Feb 27, 2021
adadike:
All tankers and pipelines attached to the north, am looking at you in 3d
You want to burn them again? Barbarian

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola VisitsAriaria International Market Aba For Inspection - Pictures / Waje Cries Out As Thugs Beat & Chase Voters Away At Her Polling Unit In Lagos / Inauguration: Buhari Relocates To Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.