Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine (28890 Views)

Military Jets Bombard Bello Turji’s Residence At Zamfara Forest, Scores Killed / Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday / Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike (2) (3) (4)

Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Gjrich(m): 10:31am On Feb 27, 2021
Gunmen on Thursday evening killed at least 22 people in a raid on a gold mine near Sabuwar Tunga village in Dankurmi district of Maru local government area of Zamfara state.

Residents told Daily Trust that the armed men had earlier invaded a nearby village called Koda with the intent of rustling cattle but met fierce resistance.

The residents were said to have killed the leader of the bandits in shoot out and recovered all their rustled cattle.

The armed men organized themselves again and went to the gold mine near Sabuwar Tunga village.

They laid siege when most of the residents were attending a weekly market trading in Dankurmi community.

“They asked the traders who mostly sell soft drinks to come for a meeting and when about eight of them gathered for the purported meeting, they shot them in the head at close range,” a resident identified as Lawali told Daily Trust.

“They then proceeded to the mining pits and blocked all escape routes before they began shooting dead the artisanal miners at close range.”

The resident further explained that the armed men then marched to Sabuwar Tunga community and abducted more than 100 people, including nursing mothers and children.

A nursing mother who gave birth not more than two weeks ago was asked to give her baby over.

The baby was returned to the community but the mother was not spared in the abduction.

“The baby is being breastfed by another nursing woman. One sad and pitiful story about this nursing mother is that her husband was among those killed at the goldmine.

“It took more than 300 local vigilantes otherwise known as Yan Sakai hours to retrieve the remains of those killed because of the fear that the armed criminals might return,” said the source.

“As I’m talking to you know I’m just coming back from the funeral rite of the deceased. A headcount was conducted by the village head and other residents and it was found out that 105 residents are missing,” Lawali said.

The spokesman of the state police command SP Muhammad Shehu, could not be reached at the time of filing this report.

https://dailytrust.com/bandits-shoot-22-dead-at-zamfara-gold-mine

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by heendrix(m): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2021
Is it True innocent blood cry daily to God for vengeance as said in Genesis when the Book was talking bout Cain and Abel

Why's it different in this dispensation?? and to see that these folks who sponsor and carry this act still live long to keep committing these attrocities beat my spine to a surprise.

Funny enough a cleric recently was saying, the people holding hostage over 180M citizen of this country are not up to 500 but yet no one is ready to stand and say it's enough. what a pity

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Gondonu: 10:36am On Feb 27, 2021
The aftermath effects of rewarding or negotiating with bandits and terrorists.The north will only become well the very day they choose to call this problem what it's really is and decide to fight it head on.Until then the viscious cycle continues.

136 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by mountmoriah(m): 10:49am On Feb 27, 2021
Gondonu:
The aftermath effects of rewarding or negotiating with bandits and terrorists.The north will only become well the very day they choose to call this problem what it's really is and decide to fight it head on.Until then the viscious cycle continues.

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by MickzyDonald: 10:51am On Feb 27, 2021
This country ehn, we don't even know who is ruling us again

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2021
Their governor would soon organize another round of ammunition to be snapped as evidence of repentant bandits.

He does it Everytime an attack happens just to justify some are repenting too

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by limeta(f): 11:10am On Feb 27, 2021
Why call islamic terrorist bandits
Who are you trying to fool

145 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by BKayy: 11:16am On Feb 27, 2021
Just 35 and their mates in Niger are kidnapping 700. Lazy Zamfara Bandits

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by agulion: 11:27am On Feb 27, 2021
Only?
Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by IduNaOba: 12:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
North kill North
How e take concern us??

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by koms: 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2021
Lies
Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by KoleDgreat2020(m): 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2021
failed nation

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by GOVERNMENT2: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
BOKO HARAM YOU MEAN undecided

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Beremx(f): 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
Accidentally killed by bandits.

-Sheikh Gunmi.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Twelfthman: 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2021
Source?
Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
These people would first convince you to disband your Vigilantes (through the help of the cowards) and then they take over your community,
Omoslim26 I hope you can repel these guys with your extraordinary defense skills
Kikikiki mumu man

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by flamingREED(m): 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2021
Mtchw.
Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Emperor5(m): 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2021
This is The outcome of illiteracy.... Northern is killing there fellow notherns tagging it bandit. Not surprised that the victims knows the perpetrator

Nothing concerned me in as much they don't carry out their devilish act to southeast

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Idiko1: 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2021
Gjrich:

At least 35 persons have been killed by gunmen suspected to be bandits in Sabuwar Tunga village, Dankurmi district in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

SaharaReporters gathered that the armed men arrived the community on motorbikes and unleashed terror on the defenceless residents.

A resident of the town said the attack, which was carried out on Thursday night, was a well-planned and coordinated attack.

He said the gunmen after attacking the village carted away livestock and escaped to the forest.

“We have recovered over 35 bodies after the attack and many more residents have not been accounted for. They came at the midnight and opened fire on the village, shooting anyone on sight and burning houses,” the source said.

Deadly attacks have raged across Zamfara state where bandits have thrived.

Farming and herding communities in the state have long been terrorised by gangs who raid villages, stealing cattle and kidnapping residents for ransom.

In 2019, the Zamfara state government entered a peace agreement with the gunmen.

About 15 brand new Hilux vehicles and cash gifts were also given to leaders of different 'repentant' banditry groups by the governor in 2020.

But despite all these, communities in the state are still being attacked and residents kidnapped and/or killed.

It is funny the southwestern media houses have gone dumb and foolish. Nigerians must call spade a spade. It is no longer fashionable to call them hoodlums, they refer to them as bandits to suit their silly narratives. These people are terrorists and should be treated as such. Since the idiotic government of Nigeria had branded non-violent group as a terrorist, the method of naming has changed. The violent groups are called bandits or hoodlums while the non-violent groups are regarded as terrorist. When a country cannot even properly identify a group, the country is a shithole.

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Genesiis(m): 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
This country needs a factory resetting

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by nedu666: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2021
Beremx:

-Sheikh Gunmi.

Point of correction. It's shark gunmi not sheikh gunmi

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by nedu666: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2021
Beremx:

-Sheikh Gunmi.

Point of correction. It's shark gunmi not sheikh gunmi. Thanks for your cooperation

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Omoslim26: 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
These people would first convince you to disband your Vigilantes (through the help of the cowards) and then they take over your community,
Omoslim26 I hope you can repel these guys with your extraordinary defense skills
Kikikiki mumu man
StaffofOrayan:
Kikikiki mumu man

When you go dey run comot from baba sunny mad house how dis your madness wey dey come off and on like nepa light go take leave you

mad man

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2021
Omoslim26:

When you go dey run comot from baba sunny mad house how dis your madness wey dey come off and on like nepa light go take leave you

mad man

Hehehe
Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by techrola: 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2021
keep Negotiating....
Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by Omoslim26: 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Hehehe
��� sometimes you go talk well sometimes you go come yarn dust
alfa nah everywhere dey ok?���
Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by triple996(m): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
chai
this is bad
this is very bad
the north is sinking, something needs to be done urgently

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by seborrhic: 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2021
These bandits have a certain pact they have signed with the people and governments of the NorthEast to ensure they don't have a day of peace till whatever caused their falling out is settled.
Over to the the dullard in Aso Rock.
It could be karma playing out because this same government used the insurgency then in Borno to score political points and canvass for the ouster of the last government.
Now there is widespread insurgency,widespread kidnappings and general insecurity,10times worse than it was before;and yet the same hypocrites are not calling for the impeachment or ouster of the government.
Hypocrisy has a karma price to pay.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by PlayerMeji: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2021
Since it's just bandits it's not a big thing now...

What should really capture our attention is Terrorists and Criminals... Not Bandits

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by BruncleZuma: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2021
sad sad sad sad
Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by emetisuccess(m): 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2021
Let them enjoy their stupidity.

Re: Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine by ipobarethieves: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2021
sad Bala MuhamMAD,matawalle sad.Una dey reap what Una sow sad

Nigerians Disenchanted As New President ‘too Slow’ - THE WASHINGTON TIMES / '' I Want To Go Back To Sambisa Forest To Meet My Husband'' 9yr old girl cried / The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK