|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,712,587 members, 6,407,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 July 2021 at 07:32 PM
|Why Being Nice Is Actually Bad For You by Ekakamba: 12:19pm On Feb 27|
- Each person is responsible for their own emotions, and it's not your job to make everyone happy.
- It’s no secret that we like to be liked. But some people can be seriously dependent on this and forget about their own thoughts, beliefs, and wishes.
- Confrontations are just a part of life because it’s how we really get to know each other, expand our views, and learn to understand other people’s points of view. If you’re afraid of it, then it means you don’t know how to stand up for yourself or how to defend your beliefs.
- People who like to please others tend to end up in unhealthy relationships. They don’t cut off communication with a friend who always asks them for a favor but never ever returns it.
- There are people who apologize even when they’re guilty of nothing. They keep blaming themselves for basically everything that goes wrong, even if it’s absolutely not in their power to control or change it.
- You can’t form deep relationships with people unless you’re willing to speak up when need be and say that your feelings are hurt. Denying that you’re angry, sad, embarrassed, or disappointed keeps a relationship superficial.
- You don’t really wanna do this favor for someone – you’re simply doing it out of obligation. It’s a fear that if you say no, then it’ll upset the person who’s asked you for help.
- You should take care of yourself too! It doesn't mean that you have to be selfish. It simply means knowing when to put your needs first to avoid feeling emotional and even sometimes physically drained.
- Never forget that people treat us the way we let them. Having healthy boundaries means that no one will take advantage of you anymore.
- People usually look for approval from others when their sense of self-worth is low when they think that they have to go out of their way to be worthy of attention and love.
- You can be generous without letting others use you. You can be kind without coming across as a pushover. You can be well-liked without having to do something for someone first.
|Re: Why Being Nice Is Actually Bad For You by Ekakamba: 12:20pm On Feb 27|
Extra ordinary summary:
|Re: Why Being Nice Is Actually Bad For You by Monogamy: 12:41pm On Feb 27|
Being nice is not bad but too nice is bad
|Re: Why Being Nice Is Actually Bad For You by Fahdiga(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27|
Too much of everything is bad. Goodluck Jonathan can attest to this
|Re: Why Being Nice Is Actually Bad For You by Truthabulabula(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27|
Seems I'm being too nice to her
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42