Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (32645 Views)

Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by holuwakore(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

I will try to be brief as much as I can.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.
. cry
your response might not be the reason you didn't get the Job, you should consider other factors.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by salford1: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
At OP

Man-know-man or networking would help secure an interview, it's now left for the candidate to shine brighter over other competitors for the position.

Good luck in you other job applications. The same company could also call you back. You never know. Job applications are a game of numbers. You have to keep trying till you succeed.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by toprealman: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?
See where my righteousness has brought me into?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry
Calm down, that's not your job. Something bigger and better is coming.
I will get back to you on this.
Just a teaser, messed up with company A but something bigger and better showed up!

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Ojimelukwe(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
Brother, that's technically not correct. Knowing someone isn't a disadvantage except it's a spouse (and not in all organisations is it disallowed). The reason it is asked is to make sure you don't report to him or work in the same location.

It's best you found out what went wrong and possibly correct it so it doesn't repeat in subsequent opportunities.

Which ever way, it's always best to say the truth bro. It makes the world a better place.

Good luck bro. Your dream job will still come

3 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by AwesomeStormy00(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry

You have come this far why are you giving up now? Can you not hang on to hope? What do you mean your righteousness? I don't know how things work there, but in some situation they emoloy batch by batch you maybe in the next batch.

Ask for feedback on why that is going to help you going forward.

Don't give up please

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by DropsMic(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Telling the truth is always the best policy brother. And I will advise that you continue to do so; for it will save you from many unknown evils in the coming years of your life.

Lastly, I will also advise you go to church today. Standing in God's presence and crying out to Him after such will certainly bring a sense of hope and a better tomorrow .

Peace

Was it not in the bible that Moses introduced his wife to Pharaoh as his half sister? Was it not in the Bible that Jesus told Peter not to tell people who he was?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
I don't know why you count this as righteousness, If you go to the Embassy and they ask you if you will come back after your MSC studies, would you say YES?

Because there are some situations that you have to say certain things else you wouldn't progress.

As far as I know, you can't live in this World and be completely righteous.

3 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by parkervero(m): 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
KunleAkingbadeh:
Wisdom is profitable to direct!

The question was a test of your Diplomatic Skill but your Self -Righteousness mentality made you failed woefully. Everybody knows it takes somebody to get something.

Was it not in the bible that Moses introduced his wife to Pharaoh as his half sister? Was it not in the Bible that Jesus told Peter not to tell people who he was?

You lack native intelligence. Your type always have problems with people, and the Bank cannot afford to lose her customers.

I wish you well!

Moses ke?

Where did you put Abraham?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
DropsMic:

Leave him, let him be acting like a mumu. Even Mary had to take Jesus away so he would not be killed. Whenever they ask marry who owns the child, she would say It was Joseph. Do you think mary was stupid?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Geesaintagape: 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
U were not disqualified cos of ur answer
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by fredoooooo: 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
Righteousness is good but , having hunger for success is what you don't have
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by DropsMic(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
UnknownJr:
Don't give up. Continue saying the truth.

Until it leads him to his early grave ba.
Like it would have led Moses to his had it been he introduced his wife to Pharaoh as his wife instead of half sister
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by oglalasioux(m): 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
When is it necessary to lie?

When the truth injures and the lie hurts no one.

Even God asked Samuel to lie because it was necessary. (1 sam. 16, 2-3)
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
I am more bothered that with this your level of grammatical proficiency, you were one of the shortlisted candidates.

3 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
Don't feel bad about it bro and never give up. Keep trying, a better job will come very soon.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by kennyamusan(m): 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
permit me to write .... it wasn't about being righteous but you were very stupid and acted like one on steroids . Do you really know anyone working there ? Do you know really know him ? if I ask you , how do u met , what would be your reply ? Na english be your problem and lack of common sense , u can't differentiate between acquittance , friend , waka pass etc

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Elzakzaky: 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

Be strong bro. If the job was meant for you, nothing would have stopped you. God will give you a great testimony.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Jashub: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
DropsMic:

Why do you lie? Did Moses ever introduce Pharaoh to his wife? Yeye...

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Viking007(m): 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
FreeSpirited:

Even Abraham told a lie for survival....you better go and sit down with unrealistic truth telling
Please where did this happen in the bible?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by babadee1(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

I don't think you really understand the true meaning of righteousness my brother. It's not what you do or don't do that makes you righteous, it's Who you believe. May God help you.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Rapture4real(m): 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
KunleAkingbadeh:

The question was a test of your Diplomatic Skill but your Self -Righteousness mentality made you failed woefully. Everybody knows it takes somebody to get something.

You lack native intelligence. Your type always have problems with people, and the Bank cannot afford to lose her customers.

I wish you well!

See how you turned Bible upsidedown just because you want to rebuke op.Crosscheck yo quotation amd application.
To op,if you know God you wont feel.let down. He sees ahead. What you call dream job may not be so after.What you get d job and armed robber attack d bank and kill you or they attach to a bullion van and youre attacked. If youre a child of God, you should be very happy.Im talking from experience.God is faithful and good to Hos children. Jesus is Lord.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Viking007(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
I am more bothered that with this your level of grammatical proficiency, you were one of the shortlisted candidates.
Your President doesn't have a certificate. He can't even read. What has your own grammatical proficiency done for you?

BS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Viking007(m): 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rapture4real:

See how you turned Bible upsidedown just because you want to rebuke op.Crosscheck yo quotation amd application.
To op,if you know God you wont feel.let down. He sees ahead. What you call dream job may not be so after.What you get d job and armed robber attack d bank and kill you or they attach to a bullion van and youre attacked. If youre a child of God, you should be very happy.Im talking from experience.God is faithful and good to Hos children. Jesus is Lord.
Truly what we call our dream jobs might just be a nightmare. Na me use my hand resign from my so called "dream job" about 2 years ago.

Peace of mind is priceless.

4 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Tonytonex(m): 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2021
that's not true. this has nothing to do with being righteous. you just failed the logical question.
wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by citypeer(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
KunleAkingbadeh:

I wish you well!

Abraham lied to Abimelech . Nevertheless, that is not applicable here . He was asked "do you know anyone in this bank?? "" which he answered in affirmative. Listen, God is very much aware of the situation and he will honour his son.

This has happend to me and the Lord gave me job still in that organization only not in that department. But thank God because I see now it was for my good.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Tonytonex(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Viking007:
Truly what we call our dream jobs might just be a nightmare. Na me use my hand resign from my so called "dream job" about 2 years ago.

Peace of mind is priceless.
� correct. exactly what I'm planning to do.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by airsaylongcome: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
Midoda:

Abeg wetin you lie about?

Lol! I "massaged" my DOB

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
You have NO idea what righteousness even means. Go conjure another story up
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Mozino007(m): 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
Danhoys:
Title should be: How being righteous made me lose a job.

Secondly, does answering yes to an interview question make you righteous?

Who even told you that you're righteous? I do avoid candidates with this irritating mindset, and the hiring manager did well to deny you the offer.

Folks like you do more harm than good!!

You are yet to discover your problem. Keep wallowing on the delusion that you're righteous...

Silly!!!
This is three[b]
Danhoys:

Who even told you that you're righteous? I do avoid candidates with this irritating mindset, and the hiring manager did well to deny you the offer.

You are yet to discover your problem. Keep wallowing on the delusion that you're righteous...

Silly!!!
This is three[/b]
Danhoys:

Silly!!!
This is three much sir...
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by zachanalysis: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
Since I have been born and even now, I have never seen the righteous forsaken. What you think is foolishness on your part now is actually a very fertile seed. When you'll begin to see the results, you'll think you've been struck by a luck spell. The only obstacle to reaping the benefits is expressing regrets for doing the right thing. If you're not selected because of your righteous deed, perhaps, that place is not for you. Take delight in the fact that you chose to please the "Almighty" and not personal cravings. Be as faithful as you used to be to God. Always remember that obedience to God may be costly but the end product is priceless. May God help us.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by airsaylongcome: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Lol! I used to be like you, picking on these kinds of things. Always correcting people who use "am" in place of "I am or I'm". But I've learnt that it's best to focus on theessage.

I do understand where you are coming from though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! / Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee / How I Chose The Wrong Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.