Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (32636 Views)

Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by jamace(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Truth saves. ...
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by padi94(m): 9:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
You didn't tell the truth per say, you just didn't know you where meant to lie... If you had known you would have lied

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by franugo(m): 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
Offpoint1:
If you had lied and still don't get the job, you'd still think God's the one punishing you for lying... That's what religion does to our mentality.

We were told the spiritual controls the physical,
I asked "so the spiritual knew Adam was going to eat the fruit?"
Then I was told we have free wills...
(funny)

The more I Iook the less I understand.

If you escape tragedy, It was the devil's attempt on your life and God rescued you..
If the tragedy is not in your favour, the said "It was God wills"
When they no longer benefit from you after you're gone and your absence start being felt with untold hardship... They still say "it was the devils" that succeeded in taking you away to bring hardship to family.

What really was man purpose?
Why is my religion the best and others are false?
What if I wasn't born a Christian, would I still believe what I believe?
What if I wasn't born a Muslim, would I still believe what I believe?
What was the purpose of us being here?
Are we really going to heaven?
Why were we not created in heaven if truely we were wanted there like the angels?

Each question answers will give birth to more questions...
The more we look, the less we understand.

I'm On the path to be a solipsist

While I'm not on the path to be a solipsist like you, I feel pretty much the same way...I really don't understand why we're so religious in this country when we have no right to be, judging from the situation of the country (if we're judging spirituality by success n upliftment).

There's always a reply for any situation as you've rightly stated...na God oo my brother,,, na devil handwork o...and I continue to be baffled by how the simplest things like picking your lunch or dinner will always be turned to spiritual battle by some people
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by tunize(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
U didn't get the job becos to you it's your dream job but for Baba God eye ur dream job go soon meet you so calm down. A job that you have to go against you own integrity rule that wan nor b work nah.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by blahc007: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

I will try to be brief as much as I can.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?
See where my righteousness has brought me into?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry

All Glory to Jesus.
if I don't succeed in a bank Job interview, I go go do Thanksgiving.....Bank work no be work bro...Who knows what God saved you from....Nna..ask God for an idea on how to start your own life....e go hard at the begining, Las Las you go come here come give us testimony...
I de yarn from experience oo...I am not jus talking for talking sake.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by barnny(m): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Op, I empathize with you. But before I state my position, I will need you to answer these:

-.When you said yes, were you asked who the person is?
- Were you asked about the relationship between you and person?
- Was the person even on that panel?
Sure they ask me and I told them.
They didn't, but I told them myself for clarity sake.
He is a junior staff too just like the position I applied for. So he was not there.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by kunkelhanspeter(m): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
The movie I watched today
“I care a lot”

Playing fair will get you no where
You have to be fearless, brave and ruthless to succeed in life .
Playing fair is what the rich people keep telling the poor .
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by At10tion: 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry
I'm certain that's not the reason you were disqualified. The best response to the question I believe it's YES. They do ask this so they could know you have someone they could attach and verify you from in the organization.

Better luck next time! Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by luluosas(m): 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
My dear, you didn't lose at all. Keep being who you are, don't change for it. Thank you

barnny:

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by wonder233: 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
Nigerians know your tenses! This so appaling. "...made you failed" ..what the fvvk is that
KunleAkingbadeh:
Wisdom is profitable to direct!

The question was a test of your Diplomatic Skill but your Self -Righteousness mentality made you failed fail woefully. Everybody knows it takes somebody to get something.

Was it not in the bible that Moses introduced his wife to Pharaoh as his half sister? Was it not in the Bible that Jesus told Peter not to tell people who he was?

You lack native intelligence. Your type always have problems with people, and the Bank cannot afford to lose her customers.

I wish you well!
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Hullabaloon: 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
DropsMic:

At the emboldened.... You can only deceive those who aren't capable of reading btw the lines. There's nothing truthful about answering a question out of ignorance.. I sure say if you knew that saying Yes would cost you your dream job you would have replied with a resounding NO.

You are suffering delusional disorder my brother... Righteous my foot

Spot on. I thought I'm the only off that noticed that. Would have pointed it out but I decided to read all the comments first to see if anyone was discerning enough to see it.

Op said the truth from ignorance, and probably regretting it, hence this thread. From God's perspective, Op's righteousness is as filthy as a rag.

CC: RisenPhoenix1

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by wonder233: 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
Below are the reasons you didn't get the job. You can't construct simple sentences. They noticed all of that and decided to yank you off.
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is are going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

Haven Having applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was were invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape scaled through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive deprived me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask asked me that lead led to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask asked me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm I was supposed to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched snatch the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road roads , not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging imagine the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Moneywell(f): 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
Sorry for how u feel brother....but I think what u said has nothing to do with righteousness from the biblical stand point except your talking about self righteousness, which the bible say is like filthy rag before God.

Also remember that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Also wisdom is profitable to direct...not all lies are lies
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by authority2006(m): 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:
But who told you that that's why you were not called?
So you think the company assumes that the people in their company don't have friends or relatives? Or that their workers are all living in a bubble?
Abeg that's not why you were disqualified o jare

Knowing someone or having inside connection is different from admitting it in front of the interviewers. They didn't expect him to admit that even though they themselves might have candidates among the remaining finalists. They already got what they needed to disqualify him and that's why they didn't bother to ask further questions concerning the question that he said YES to.
If the interviewers were to be open, they were supposed to ask him if the person he knew in the company had helped him in one way or the other to get to that stage. But they didn't ask further questions after he said YES. Op was naive and I hope he has learnt his lesson. If the telling the truth won't help you or hurt the other person, why telling the truth that would hurt you?

Copy barnny
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by authority2006(m): 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
wonder233:
Below are the reasons you didn't get the job. You can't construct simple sentences. They noticed all of that and decided to yank you off.

Lol. Like they were recruiting him for the position of Contents Writer
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by OvisFranko: 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
Why do you think it was because of your reply you didn't scale to the next stage of the recruitment process.
If you are assuming, you are wrong.
Well, as a Christian brother , I pray God answer your heart desires by providing you a job soon.
Don't give up on your faith

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
The movie I watched today
“I care a lot”

Playing fair will get you no where
You have to be fearless, brave and ruthless to succeed in life .
Playing fair is what the rich people keep telling the poor
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
Not your self-righteousness, maybe your English.

What the hell is “scape through”? undecided
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Hullabaloon: 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2021
oglalasioux:
When is it necessary to lie?

When the truth injures and the lie hurts no one.

Even God asked Samuel to lie because it was necessary. (1 sam. 16, 2-3)

Lol. God did not ask Samuel to lie. God cannot lie, and cannot encourage lies.

He simply asked Samuel to conceal the other reason for his visit. Have you come in peace? Samuel was asked. “I have come to sacrifice to the Lord” he answered, which was one of the things he came to do.

If, however, he was asked to state all the reasons for his visit, then we can say he lied.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Rukkyken71: 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
Danhoys:
Title should be: How being righteous made me lose a job.

Secondly, does answering yes to an interview question make you righteous?

Who even told you that you're righteous? I do avoid candidates with this irritating mindset, and the hiring manager did well to deny you the offer.

Folks like you do more harm than good!!

You are yet to discover your problem. Keep wallowing on the delusion that you're righteous...

Silly!!!

really? Is this the best u can give?
wow! I am clapping for u honestly

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Ikjosh04: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
BlessingAmaka:

Good evening sir, please sir can you help me with the influence of your uncle to secure an opportunity to be assessed for any GT position in sterling bank please? I’m a graduate of Banking and Finance and a student-member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Banking job is my dream job and I would most definitely appreciate it. I reside in Abuja. Thank you.

Sorry dear, I honestly wish I can help and I'm not a sir, I'm quite young!

My relationship with this my uncle in question is complicated, I don't give a fvck about him and I think he feels same too and besides it's not easy as it sounds in writing.

He helps when there're pressure from family and everyone knows I don't have interest in banking job or Nigeria.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to build your skillset in Business Analytics, that's where the money and opportunities is as a banking and finance graduate!

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Hullabaloon: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
zikter:
If only you paid attention to the 20vs12 you quoted, you would have discovered he didn't lie actually.

Sarah and Abraham shared the same father but different mothers. While on the other hand, he did not disclose that Sarah was his wife for the fear of being killed, he said she was his sister which on the other hand was the truth. I believe this is the reason why he was not punished by God.

In Abraham’s case his so-called “half-truth” was a whole lie, for the question he was asked was, “Is Sarah your wife?” And his answer in effect was really “No. She is my sister.” By this answer to this question Abraham intentionally misrepresented the facts of the situation, which is a lie.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Olumyyde(m): 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
I felt exactly how you feel some 9 years back when I was denied a job with a cool bank because I didn't reduce my age by 1 year.
Today I have an FG job n growing through the ranks. GOD never forsakes HIS own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by oglalasioux(m): 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2021
Hullabaloon:

Lol. God did not ask Samuel to lie. God cannot lie, and cannot encourage lies.

He simply asked Samuel to conceal the other reason for his visit. Have you come in peace? Samuel was asked. “I have come to sacrifice to the Lord” he answered, which was one of the things he came to do.

If, however, he was asked to state all the reasons for his visit, then we can say he lied.

Oh lawd!
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Hullabaloon: 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
oglalasioux:

Oh lawd!

Oh lord what?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by seyz91(m): 11:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
You did good and Bleep the job

Good to speak Truth and Die than Lie and being alive

you might have lost your dream job but your place with God is still intact for that simple truth you told there

Never you regret telling the truth regardless of the expense

you regreting this your righteous act is like telling God after you did that you regret not doing money ritual cuz after life is dull and boring but the world is so much fun

barnny:

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
authority2006:

Knowing someone or having inside connection is different from admitting it in front of the interviewers. They didn't expect him to admit that even though they themselves might have candidates among the remaining finalists. They already got what they needed to disqualify him and that's why they didn't bother to ask further questions concerning the question that he said YES to.
If the interviewers were to be open, they were supposed to ask him if the person he knew in the company had helped him in one way or the other to get to that stage. But they didn't ask further questions after he said YES. Op was naive and I hope he has learnt his lesson. If the telling the truth won't help you or hurt the other person, why telling the truth that would hurt you?

Copy barnny
With this your explanation, you must have been part of the panelist. Either that or you're a clairvoyant
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by UndissolvedMeta(m): 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
just a junior staff. He just told me to keep hope alive.

Once again keep the hope alive bro,it will end in praise sir

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by generationz(f): 12:10am On Mar 01, 2021
How can you call it righteousness if you didn't know whether saying yes, would make the people reject you?

It's not like you knew that the banks policy is against referrals or man know man and you still said yes to the question. That's righteousness.

I doubt that was why you lost the job. You just don't want to be accountable for the reasons you might have failed. That's the difference between a religious and none religious person.

How do you even know those who got called in didn't get there through connection?

There are so many possibilities. Keep trying.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Kingdomtruth: 12:13am On Mar 01, 2021
Offpoint1:
If you had lied and still don't get the job, you'd still think God's the one punishing you for lying... That's what religion does to our mentality.

We were told the spiritual controls the physical,
I asked "so the spiritual knew Adam was going to eat the fruit?"
Then I was told we have free wills...
(funny)

The more I Iook the less I understand.

If you escape tragedy, It was the devil's attempt on your life and God rescued you..
If the tragedy is not in your favour, the said "It was God wills"
When they no longer benefit from you after you're gone and your absence start being felt with untold hardship... They still say "it was the devils" that succeeded in taking you away to bring hardship to family.

What really was man purpose?
Why is my religion the best and others are false?
What if I wasn't born a Christian, would I still believe what I believe?
What if I wasn't born a Muslim, would I still believe what I believe?
What was the purpose of us being here?
Are we really going to heaven?
Why were we not created in heaven if truely we were wanted there like the angels?

Each question answers will give birth to more questions...
The more we look, the less we understand.

I'm On the path to be a solipsist

What really was man purpose?= To live according to His(God's) knowledge of truth.

Why is my religion the best and others are false?= Because only Christ Jesus has the key to salvation and eternal life.

What if I wasn't born a Christian, would I still believe what I believe?= Not likely. You believe in what you believe, because your parents first believed in it.

What if I wasn't born a Muslim, would I still believe what I believe?= Same answer as the previous, suffice here.

What if I wasn't born a Muslim, would I still believe what I believe?= Same answer as the first, suffice here.

Are we really going to heaven?= Yes, but ONLY if you BELIEVE in Christ Jesus and have come to be conformed to His image and likeness.

Why were we not created in heaven if truely we were wanted there like the angels?= Because He(God) intended the EARTH to be our HEAVEN, had we lived according to his plans and purposes(knowledge of truth).

I'm On the path to be a solipsist [/quote]= Not good for you bro, but your choice anyway.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by ibuildstuff(m): 12:47am On Mar 01, 2021
barnny:

I normally see this question while applying for job sometimes, so the right answer is no, had no idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! / Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee / How I Chose The Wrong Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.