Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (32644 Views)

Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by wonder233: 1:07am On Mar 01, 2021
So, content writers are the only ones expected to write and speak correctly? It is this sort of warped mentality that has kept many in perpetual mediocrity. You can grumble all you want about how the country is this and that, how the leaders have done xyz.... At the end of the day, if a company invites you for an interview for a position based on your academic qualifications and you show up mixing up present and past tenses, they will reject you and you can go blaming it on spurious allegations.
Not that any of these matters to you, I presume just like many others who share the same mediocre mentality, you've probably located one ritualist to facilitate your "yahoo-yahoo" activities so you can "cash out" fast. grin
authority2006:

Lol. Like they were recruiting him for the position of Contents Writer
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 4:29am On Mar 01, 2021
Let me tell you a secret, a bank job is not worth losing sleep over. Not worth it at all, most people working with the bank are trapped wanting to leave but trapped with so many commitments. A bank Job is not a dream job I can tell you for free. Most people are trying to leave, but If u really want a bank Job, dont despair banks offer openings a lot, you will see another which you can clinch.

3 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by zikter(m): 4:42am On Mar 01, 2021
Hullabaloon:

In Abraham’s case his so-called “half-truth” was a whole lie, for the question he was asked was, “Is Sarah your wife?” And his answer in effect was really “No. She is my sister.” By this answer to this question Abraham intentionally misrepresented the facts of the situation, which is a lie.
Again you are not reading the passenges you quoted very well. Where in the two passages did anyone asked Abraham "Is this your wife? No where. In egypt, they saw her and simply recommended her to the king and took her to him. Nothing was asked of Abraham that we read there.

Same in Abimelech case, there was no such question recorded as you wish us to believe.
When you start adding what was not recorded by the Holy Bible to suit a narrative, then you create unnecessary confusion.
Base on the passages you quoted, Abraham did not lie, and Sarah was his sister.

God did not condole sin even at that time. Infact sin was met with instant punishment which God Himself meted out to the sinner. Had Abraham lied, God would have told him even if He wanted to forgive him.

So please remove the assumptions question you thought was asked and focus on what the bible says. We can as well assumed that Abraham was asked "Is she your daughter, or sister?"
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by AceVentura: 5:33am On Mar 01, 2021
Let’s be factual here!

I work in a bank & you didn’t lose that opportunity cos you know someone in the bank.

Your command of the English language is horrible & below par (that’s the reason). They won’t hire you cos it’ll reflect badly on them.

Please try to improve on it by reading books. I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by KLand(m): 6:21am On Mar 01, 2021
If that was all happened, then there is nothing for you to regret.

Honesty pays, if not in the short run but in the long run.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Offpoint1: 7:17am On Mar 01, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

What really was man purpose?= To live according to His(God's) knowledge of truth.

Why is my religion the best and others are false?= Because only Christ Jesus has the key to salvation and eternal life.

What if I wasn't born a Christian, would I still believe what I believe?= Not likely. You believe in what you believe, because your parents first believed in it.

What if I wasn't born a Muslim, would I still believe what I believe?= Same answer as the previous, suffice here.

What if I wasn't born a Muslim, would I still believe what I believe?= Same answer as the first, suffice here.

Are we really going to heaven?= Yes, but ONLY if you BELIEVE in Christ Jesus and have come to be conformed to His image and likeness.

Why were we not created in heaven if truely we were wanted there like the angels?= Because He(God) intended the EARTH to be our HEAVEN, had we lived according to his plans and purposes(knowledge of truth).

I'm On the path to be a solipsist = Not good for you bro, but your choice anyway.

What if I wasn't born a Christian, would I still believe what I believe?= Not likely. You believe in what you believe, because your parents first believed in it.

What if I wasn't born a Muslim, would I still believe what I believe?= Same answer as the previous, suffice here.

I'm glad you're sincere with the above answer without beating around the bush, that's the kind of honesty I want.

With the above alighted answer, I don't want to go further... It was all inheritance.

Soplisism is totally different from Atheism, you look it up and understand it.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by barnny(m): 7:28am On Mar 01, 2021
toprealman:

Calm down, that's not your job. Something bigger and better is coming.
I will get back to you on this.
Just a teaser, messed up with company A but something bigger and better showed up!
Thank you sir
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by whitebeard(m): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:
But who told you that that's why you were not called?
So you think the company assumes that the people in their company don't have friends or relatives? Or that their workers are all living in a bubble?

Abeg that's not why you were disqualified o jare
Asin ehn...the op funny grin
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by davidtbom: 8:00am On Mar 01, 2021
Like you said, you didn't know you were supposed to say NO.

Its more like what you didn't know that you probably should have known deprived you of it.

Bible admonished us to be wise as serpents... The responsibility is to us hence we ought to know the principles of somethings that we get involved with.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Engr1(m): 8:12am On Mar 01, 2021
Depression is a bastard! Guy don't give up Okay, (keep pressing forward) keep saying your truth always, am sure God of truth shall visit you.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Lemmyo: 8:24am On Mar 01, 2021
Telling the truth is the best

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by aalangel(f): 8:51am On Mar 01, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

I will try to be brief as much as I can.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?
See where my righteousness has brought me into?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry

Don't regret being righteous. Keep standing and you'll share your testimony on this same Forum. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Xpress24(m): 8:59am On Mar 01, 2021
FreeSpirited:

will you keep shut...lie is lie..that's a white lie...Sarah was his wife ....he deny it twice cos he feared for his life.........If there was no threat to his life, would he have deny that Sarah is his wife?
what are u saying?Is there anything like white lie,did i in anyway said it wasn't a lie?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by FreeSpirited: 9:00am On Mar 01, 2021
Xpress24:
what are u saying?Is there anything like white lie,did i in anyway said it wasn't a lie?
ok
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 01, 2021
wonder233:
Nigerians know your tenses! This so appaling. "...made you failed" ..what the fvvk is that

Studip boy!

You think this will attract a content writing job for you? Forget! You better go and hustle with your Okada.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by opsyswagger(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2021
u should have said NO.. EVEN the HR is a liar bro this country is very hard .......
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry

This isn't righteousness at all. You are too religious....
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Kingdomtruth: 11:43am On Mar 01, 2021
Offpoint1:

I'm glad you're sincere with the above answer without beating around the bush, that's the kind of honesty I want.

With the above alighted answer, I don't want to go further... It was all inheritance.

Soplisism is totally different from Atheism, you look it up and understand it.

Alright at the last sentence. Do have a great day brodaman...Tanx
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by inyanging: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
Jashub:
Telling the truth is always the best policy brother. And I will advise that you continue to do so; for it will save you from many unknown evils in the coming years of your life.

Lastly, I will also advise you go to church today. Standing in God's presence and crying out to Him after such will certainly bring a sense of hope and a better tomorrow .

Peace

All things worketh together for him who love God, don't be discouraged , u will be called if u were to be there, the mgt if that bank will not complete without u,and also u were destined to be top mgt of a bank that u will surely be, Iam already 60 year over , God is faithful, not in Ur case will he change his nature, my dear He will do it

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by amsktn: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Don't worry guy.
Your wealth and ways of getting it was written before you enter the world.

Sometimes you may like something and is not good for you. Vice-versa

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Amanee(f): 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
If the person you know is related by blood eg mother, father, brother etc, and it's zenith bank, you can kiss that job goodbye

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by SeunOshewaWife(f): 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
kenex4ever:

The bitter truth is that you didn't lose the job because of that. You most likely lost it because others did better than you or may be they got a strong connection there.

Anybody can know somebody in a bank.
Except they asked you if you have a sibling in the bank.

Go and prepare yourself more, work on your English too. I searched for many years b4 I got my dream job.

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by SeunOshewaWife(f): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I "massaged" my DOB

So, it backfires? I thought one can always swear an affidavit or use the WAEC method? That is, saying WAEC made a mistake in taking down your date of birth?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by SeunOshewaWife(f): 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
truthsayer009:
I don't know why you count this as righteousness, If you go to the Embassy and they ask you if you will come back after your MSC studies, would you say YES?

Because there are some situations that you have to say certain things else you wouldn't progress.

As far as I know, you can't live in this World and be completely righteous.

Should one rather say no? So he'd be given the red card, right?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by OILOFGLADNESS: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
barnny:

there is a way to answer such question bro,

BUT never worry God have a better JOb for you

do not be dismayed

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Offpoint1: 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Alright at the last sentence. Do have a great day brodaman...Tanx
One Love
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by giftiy(m): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
barnny:

That Can never be why you where not called bro.
That job was not meant for you
keep pushing till something happens.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by wonder233: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Vacuous youths: they want to govern a country but abhor knowledge. They can't even get their tenses right, let alone know anything about more complex issues like foreign policy, macroeconomics and psychosocial factors of a nation. Sorry mediocres, only interested in entertainment and dubious quick wealth schemes. Their lame excuse for their vapid state is that writing and speaking correctly only applies to content writers or that "English isn't their native language". Joke of a generation. Wastrels
KunleAkingbadeh:

Studip boy!

You think this will attract a content writing job for you? Forget! You better go and hustle with your Okada.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by airsaylongcome: 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
SeunOshewaWife:

So, it backfires? I thought one can always swear an affidavit or use the WAEC method? That is, saying WAEC made a mistake in taking down your date of birth?

Not all companies accept that
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by DAVE5(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
Danhoys:
Title should be: How being righteous made me lose a job.

Secondly, does answering yes to an interview question make you righteous?

Who even told you that you're righteous? I do avoid candidates with this irritating mindset, and the hiring manager did well to deny you the offer.

Folks like you do more harm than good!!

You are yet to discover your problem. Keep wallowing on the delusion that you're righteous...

Silly!!!

You went really hard man
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by DAVE5(m): 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2021
SimplyFacts:
We learn from others' mistakes. Thanks for the info, OP.

Don't be too sad & hold onto truthfulness. May God give you a better one.

Knowing someone in a company has almost nothing to do with why they’d decline a candidate, op knows exactly why he wasn’t picked, I failed at interviews years ago, in my mind, I knew if I was called, they probably were taking a chance or they just liked me or it was just God, either ways, we move

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! / Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee / How I Chose The Wrong Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.