Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,420 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 PM

Love Is not always sweet .. 7 years marriage experience - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Love Is not always sweet .. 7 years marriage experience (56407 Views)

Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / 5-Year Marriage Experience: Lessons Learnt & Knowledge Acquired / Eniola ‘Mae’ Adeniji: "My Devastating Marriage Experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Re: Love Is not always sweet .. 7 years marriage experience by CountVersailles(f): 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
Rhodaogunpeju:
I decided to write this because I have come to realize that Love can get boring..
I remember when I met my husband , he was such a Nice and handsome Man. I mean I already decided if he ask me out I will say yes from the first day I met him but I still made him beg and purse me for a whole year before finally accepting to date him ..

6 months after our relationship we got married. and our marriage was bliss , I married a friend , we have our downs and quarell but we always make up before we sleep because of the fact that we made it compulsory that we must have a family prayer Every night , we usually settle most of our fights during these prayers ..

But sometimes marriages can get boring , you have gisted all the entire gist ,talk about everything talkable till there is actually nothing to talk about,. Then the husband starts drifting away .maybe he's got a new friend or found a new love ...sometime this new love might not be a person ,For instance my husband new love is politics..He's always working and when he's home he is either watching the News on Tv and even when he tries to talk to me he will be like "Baby can you believe what kai muhammad said again"..

And I'm just sitting like who and what is my concern with lai muhammad?... Yet he doesn't see my reaction,he just continues to talk untill we fall asleep.i listen to him because I have to he is my husband.

The love flame was slowly wearing our ,I mean he no longer wants me to wait for him before I eat. .. if I call him to inquire when he is coming back home , he replies with "I don't know but eat o.. don't wait for me "...

How about the sex life ... What use to be mind blowing sex is now just average .just because he's had too much if it ..I could also say the same about me..I mean before seeing my husband in boxers turns me on but now even if he's naked it doesn't seem to move me

Hmmm but regardless I still love my husband. .I have sat him down many times and talked about spicing things up but you know Men... Anyways the moral of my story is that when you marry ..marry someone that even when he/she changes you would still love them because trust me they will....
Honestly, from all you have written, I think you have a problem. A problem of thinking that you can live in la-la land forever, a problem of thinking you can be a child forever. You really should grow up. Every good thing becomes boring eventually. It is up to you to find your own personal joy. Your husband now likes politics, but what do you like? What have you become passionate about that you also talk to it about your husband, even if he doesn't care to listen? You should grow up and stop being a child. That love (or anything else for that matter) wears out is only a matter of course. It is nothing surprising.
Re: Love Is not always sweet .. 7 years marriage experience by Mryacks: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

That is why I say marriage is a scam. Everything about marriage is rigged towards failure.

You share the same room with someone day in day out

You see them shltting

You hear them farting

You hear them burping

You see them sick

You see all their nasty personal habbits

You see them when they are weak

You see them crying

You see the 'other side' of them

You see them naked, and as they relax in the marriage and add some weight, You see the hanging belly, boobs/man boobs, stretch marks etc

You see their early morning face, early morning toh toh or preeq, that no one else sees.

You see all their vulnerabilities

As our people say "you don see them finish" aka "familiarity breeds contempt"

On top of all that, you will have quarreled severally and said very hurtful things that nobody else (including your mama or papa) had ever said to you.

Na so so curse you go dey curse am for you mind "Hello darling" but your mind will say "useless man" or "lazy woman".

One day you go just look the man/woman and ask yourself "how did I end up here with this thing?"

Meanwhile one guy outside, who only sees the finished product (make up on point, waist trainer activated and wig in place) will be eying your wife. Or one babe outside who only sees oga with power dressing activated inside nice car will be eying your husband.

Marriage na scam. But you could still get lucky though

Although no agreeing with the "marriage na scam" line, but all the pointsbu captured are true..... grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ladies Share Their Funny "Bedroom Escape" Strategies (Read) / Meet Anna And Lucy DeCinque, Identical Twin Sisters Who Share The Same Boyfriend / Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.