Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? (5973 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / APC May Be Popular On Social Media But PDP Is In The Hearts Of Nigerians - Metuh / Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2011
I Think your being unfair. The only thing any objective Nigerian should judge the ACN with is the performance of its representatives in public office. [b]Fashola is the best Governor in Nigeria, Oshiomhole is doing well, Aregbesola has hit the ground running and Fayemi has had an assured start !!! [/b]That is the truth of affair on the ground. Not one out of all the Governors the ACN has provided is a crass, looting and misruling misfit in the mould of the many supplied bythe PDP !!! Shall we count how many PDP Governors are pi.ss poor out of the many Governors they have provided Nigeria with? Probably much quicker to just count the few PDP governors who are performing rather than list the many who are not !!!!!!! Just give ACN the benefit of the doubt , going by what we can all see that gives us hope , and be fair in your talk . That is all.

Don't  be too quick to celebrate man mi---- remember AD the same SW people received them with open arms and shouts of joys---- 4 years down the road and everyone wished them out of office, that was why it was easy for OBJ to uproot them outta office except Tinubu, who didn't survive OBJ's routing because of his good works in lagos but because he could see through OBJ's trickery, do you think if the guys in AD who have all found home in ACN were all good leaders they would have easily been removed from office---- take the chill pill and wait for 4 years time then we'd meet here again.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by jason123: 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
Lagosboy:

Abeg convince your family to still vote Buhari o, we should not be short sighted because GEJ chose not to intefere. Another 4 years of GEJ will spell diasaster for Nigerias development o. We should not get carried away with these kind of things, PDP still in the center means Nigeria will remain backwards.
Guy, TBH, I am not sure anymore about who my support lies with. GEJ has impressed me with this election so far BUT I also know that he has no plan for Nigeria (atleast we have seen no blue print). Moreover, most southerners still think the north has this born to rule mentality. GEJ WILL sweep the South and NC!

The SE support is purely on tribal affiliations while some have compassion for the problems of the SS but MOST, is purely on tribal affiliations and the promise he made to Ohaneze.
The SS believes its only GEJ that can solve the problems of oil exploitation from the rest of the country and also the oil spillage. And rightly so, since they have never ruled.
The SW is impressed because of the way their votes counted.
The NC is just "anywhere belle face". They simply do not like the NW dominance.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by shabydayo: 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
pdp popular in the southwest?, you must be a canadian to have said that.a party lost woefully in the just concluded election and you said it is popular.maybe you mean notorious
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by naijaking1: 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2011
jason123:

Guy, TBH, I am not sure anymore about who my support lies with. GEJ has impressed me with this election so far BUT I also know that he has no plan for Nigeria (atleast we have seen no blue print). Moreover, most southerners still think the north has this born to rule mentality. GEJ WILL sweep the South and NC!

The SE support is purely on tribal affiliations while some have compassion for the problems of the SS but MOST, is purely on tribal affiliations and the promise he made to Ohaneze.
The SS believes its only GEJ that can solve the problems of oil exploitation from the rest of the country and also the oil spillage. And rightly so, since they have never ruled.
The SW is impressed because of the way their votes counted.
The NC is just "anywhere belle face". They simply do not like the NW dominance.

Agree with you on this one.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by jmaine: 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
shabydayo:

pdp popular in the southwest?, you must be a canadian to have said that.a party lost woefully in the just concluded election and you said it is popular.maybe you mean notorious

Do you reside currently in the southwest . . . . I bet your answer won't be in the affirmative . . but if it is . . .then you need to move out and have a feel of what will happen come Saturday
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by proproman(m): 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2011
@jmaine, that people will vote GEJ is not because they support PDP, but because they like or support the man. Don't confuse the two.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by daphil: 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
The only thing that can maintain acn dominance in the sw is good governance. If not, I foresee what happened to AD of the old happening to them. PDP may likely bounce to life again because I see her going back to her drawing board, reorganising and presenting credible candidates in 2015. ACN should watch out! Yoruba adage says "Pasan ti a fina Iyale nbe laja fun Iyawo". grin
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by jmaine: 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2011
proproman:

@jmaine, that people will vote GEJ is not because they support PDP, but because they like or support the man. Don't confuse the two.

Yes Sir , I know that fact very well but GEJ represents the PDP so logically PDP is now popular . .we are simply saying the same thing
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by gosj(m): 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2011
GEJ all d way oh!
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by ayubam: 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
Guys be wise. Nigerians have really lost the value of self worth. People left their houses early in the morning, stayed on the qeue for hours, got accredited, voted, waited for the vote to be counted and announced, resisted attempt by some elements to manipulate the results, took pure water, foods, paracetamol etc along to polling booth yet you are ascribing the success of that to your president. I CAN SEE THAT MANY NIGERIANS HAVE LIVED UNDER OPPRESSION TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY HAVE LOST THEIR BRAINS AND VALUE OF SELF WORTH.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and many more you voted out last Saturday to become your Ministers, Ambassadors, and by extension the member of the presidential economic team and the same looting will continue. We should never make that mistake. When you want to destroy the enemy, destroy him totally to the truth. Can GEJ take decision independently of OBJ, Anenih and co if returned to power.

Be WISE GUYS AND KNOW YOUR SELF WORTH.

THE POWER TRULY BELONG TO PEOPLE AND IF YOU FAIL TO SEE THAT, YOU WILL HANDOVER THAT POWER WILLINGLY TO THE OPPRESSOR AGAIN IN THE NAME OF A GOOD MAN.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Lagosboy: 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
ayubam:

Guys be wise. Nigerians have really lost the value of self worth. People left their houses early in the morning, stayed on the qeue for hours, got accredited, voted, waited for the vote to be counted and announced, resisted attempt by some elements to manipulate the results, took pure water, foods, paracetamol etc along to polling booth yet you are ascribing the success of that to your president. I CAN SEE THAT MANY NIGERIANS HAVE LIVED UNDER OPPRESSION TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY HAVE LOST THEIR BRAINS AND VALUE OF SELF WORTH.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and many more you voted out last Saturday to become your Ministers, Ambassadors, and by extension the member of the presidential economic team and the same looting will continue. We should never make that mistake. When you want to destroy the enemy, destroy him totally to the truth. Can GEJ take decision independently of OBJ, Anenih and co if returned to power.

THE POWER TRULY BELONG TO PEOPLE AND IF YOU FAIL TO SEE THAT, YOU WILL HANDOVER THAT POWER WILLINGLY TO THE OPPRESSOR AGAIN IN THE NAME OF A GOOD MAN.

I agree with you totally. The praise should actually go to the Nigerian people who were enlightened to protect their votes. GEJ if he had the opportunity would rig this comming election. GEJ know he cannot rig in the SW or NW but face a backlash nexxt week. It is all strategy and i dont think anyone should vote GEJ in this comming election. PDP in power means Iyabo, Dimeji, Oyinlola, Omisore will all be rewarded with ministerial appointments. Imagine Omisore becoming minister of Finance or Dimeji becomming minister of works.

Let us all wise up
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Dikyson: 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2011
Fellow Nigerians please vote for the right candidate that you trust and not the party he /she belongs
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by edicolove: 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2011
I Think your being unfair. The only thing any objective Nigerian should judge the ACN with is the performance of its representatives in public office. Fashola is the best Governor in Nigeria, Oshiomhole is doing well, Aregbesola has hit the ground running and Fayemi has had an assured start !!! That is the truth of affair on the ground. Not one out of all the Governors the ACN has provided is a crass, looting and misruling misfit in the mould of the many supplied bythe PDP !!! Shall we count how many PDP Governors are pi.ss poor out of the many Governors they have provided Nigeria with? Probably much quicker to just count the few PDP governors who are performing rather than list the many who are not !!!!!!! Just give ACN the benefit of the doubt , going by what we can all see that gives us hope , and be fair in your talk . That is all.

You are very delusional my guy. Donald Duke remains the best gov since 1999. Amaechi can match Fashola any day. Chime is a hero. You sit in south west here and spew crap. Aregbesola is a thug and a crook. The same ACN guys ruled under AD from 1999-2003 and they were rubbish. The same Fashoa you are praising has been messed up by the same ACN guys for the last 2 years. They called him corrupt and all sorts of name just because Tinubu wanted to pocket lagos money. Now a PDP president has organised oneof the best elections the country has ever seen. please please dont make a fool of yourslef by posting crap on NL. right now PDP is in a better standing than AC and dont forget they would have swept Ogun and Oyo if not for the divisions in the party there.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
ayubam:

[size=13pt]A vote for GEJ is a vote for Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and many more you voted out last Saturday to become your Ministers, Ambassadors, and by extension the member of the presidential economic team and the same looting will continue. We should never make that mistake. When you want to destroy the enemy, destroy him totally to the truth. Can GEJ take decision independently of OBJ, Anenih and co if returned to power. [/size]

please do not thinkthat again oooo!@!!!
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Busols757: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
As for me and my family it's Goodluck Jonathan all the way.
We don't want a leader that will spend his eight yrs in office probing and jailing his enemies,
while keeping his own people on house arrest in their mansions.

Otioo
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by ayubam: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
If you had taken a stand against the current president and now change your mind because election is free and fair and consider that as achievement for GEJ, then u have insulted the the intelligence of many Nigerians who weathered the storms to see to it that their vote counted, you have done disservice to the Late NYSC corp members who were massacred a day to election in their service to their fatherland and yet no one has been arrested in connection to the crime.

You are free to support anyone be it, GEJ, RIBADU, Buhari or whatever but to LINK LAST WEEK ELECTION FAIRNESS TO THE ACHIEVEMENT OF GEJ IS TO SHOW A GREAT DEPRAVITY IN THE MINDS OF OUR PEOPLE AND A SIGNAL THAT OPPRESSION IS YET TO DISAPPEAR IN OUR LAND.

[b]POWER BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE. THE EARLIER WE SEE THAT THE BETTER[
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by ayubam: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

please do not thinkthat again oooo!@!!!

I Can assure you 99% that a vote for GEJ is a vote to compensate those guys. Never make that mistake, when you are dealing with the enemy, destroy them utterly because the one you leave in power today will block you on your way to your destiny tomorrow.

Besides, how much of GEJ personal fund has gone into his campaign? This game is brotherhood. There are laws you dont break there.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Busols757: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2011
[quote][/quote]31 REASONS WHY BUHARI DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR VOTE
In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the following reasons I cannot vote for Buhari:
1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be put under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers who's land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.
1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.
1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.
1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life When he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo Township.
2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution.
3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.
4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases was supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.
5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under an emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologized to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."
6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of a Northern population majority
7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a Muslim.
8. He is a coup plotter.
9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-called trust fund.
10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfits to lead the country.
11. Buhari, as part of his Triba-listic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igbo man.
12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in KiriKiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari. Up till today we are not told what Emeka’s offence was.
13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention. The then Governor of Ogun State, Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.
14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and consfisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President, the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!
15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.
16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, coordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame
‎17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.
18. Buhari is unforgiving. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army functions where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.
19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates (and a few of them protested), Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.
20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.
21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how important reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologized at anytime.
22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilized citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilized thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.
23. Let’s informed Buhari that Lateef Jakande’s $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation.
24 let also remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn’t care a damn. Though the fund for the execution of that project which would have given the people of Lagos an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari’s Supreme Military Council, General Buhari, as Military Head of State, cancelled this wonderful project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind.
25. Let us again tell him that his action of jailing Dr Alex Ekwueme, then Nigeria’s vice president, from Anambra, and keeping President Shehu Shagari, from Sokoto State in a house arrest in Ikoyi was also ethnically fired.
26. So also was the shorter end of the stick he handed the South, as chair of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), in the execution of projects.
27. Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamor for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.
28. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
29. Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
30. Buhari’s conflicting statements on the money laundering charges involving his ADC in 1984 on the 53 suit cases saga, has indicted him.
31. He should reveal to us his health status… Buhari at 69 yr old is a clear liability on Nigeria and Nigerians is Nigeria a health insurance scheme?
If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious, fundamentalist, conscienceless human beings like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?
I can not in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.
It is clear that apart from the states of the North-West and North-East, his Congress for Political Change (CPC) would hardly earn 25 per cent of the total number of votes cast in the remaining states of the federation. By implication, two zones just cannot earn Buhari the presidency he is looking for, no matter their voting strength.
VOTE ACN,

A vote for ACN on the next coming election is automatically a vote for CPC.  My brethren please vote wisely.This is law of karma, he must not enjoy the democracy he distroyed yrs back
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by dayokanu(m): 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2011
@OP,

Seriously what do you expect from a party that has been in Power for 12yrs, with huge financial power etc.

Why would you expect them not to have loyalists?

I think the result is in order
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by JimmyBoy1: 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
We can not make the mistake of voting for PDP presidency in the SW, knowing very well that such action will simply resurrect all the characters we managed to kick out during the Legislative elections. It will be total calamity to see Iyabo,Omisore,Bankole,Deniel, Akala,Oyinlola and co, suddenly becoming a Minister or DG of a sensitivee parastatal, where they have more money to steal, God forbid.

People do not seem to discern that God is working out the rebirth of Nigeria, By this time next week you will all be shocked, with your Jaws dropping.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by babaowo: 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2011
@ busols757 don't worry buhari can never be president,nigerians ain't foolish, everybody know his pass,hos loyalty to abacha and so on,even no mallam can be near aso rock for the next 20 years to come believe me.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by ziccoit: 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
babasoty:

Don't  be too quick to celebrate man mi---- remember AD the same SW people received them with open arms and shouts of joys---- 4 years down the road and everyone wished them out of office, that was why it was easy for OBJ to uproot them outta office except Tinubu, who didn't survive OBJ's routing because of his good works in lagos but because he could see through OBJ's trickery, do you think if the guys in AD who have all found home in ACN were all good leaders they would have easily been removed from office---- take the chill pill and wait for 4 years time then we'd meet here again.

It is not true that AD wa voted out of office. OBJ entised and decieved them so they were rigged out of office. Have you ever been to Osun state? The AD projects of 4 years are more than that of 8yrs of pdp, despite better funding.

Going by the look of things SW is becoming a region to be recon with. Very soon others will have to take examples from them.

Had it been Nigerians were not corrupt, nowhere in entire state would pdp have got a single seat. But, thanks to heavy bribery in a state where people have been povertised just to enslave them.

CPC/ACN did not go through becos of ACN experience with OBJ. In all my people are doing well. In fact, SWers are more polirically advances.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by fuke(m): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Lagos Boy

Your analysis is correct but factor in these points.

Many still didn't come out to vote thinking that it would be rigging as usual.

Many didn't come out because they were boasting of unleashing their goons on the people.

Many were disenfranchised. My wife and daughter couldn't get card and they are Ac.

Influence of  money.  PDP people were carrying money all over the place and this
had some effect even as many collected without voting for them.

No, Akala will not win this election.

By 2015 PDP would have gone for ever in Yoruba land.

They do not belong here.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Lagosboy: 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
fuke:

@Lagos Boy

Your analysis is correct but factor in these points.

Many still didn't come out to vote thinking that it would be rigging as usual.

Many didn't come out because they were boasting of unleashing their goons on the people.

Many were disenfranchised. My wife and daughter couldn't get card and they are Ac.

Influence of money. PDP people were carrying money all over the place and this
had some effect even as many collected without voting for them.

No, Akala will not win this election.

By 2015 PDP would have gone for ever in Yoruba land.

They do not belong here.

I hope and pray they will be gone forever.

I dont wwant to believe it is just because of money people voted for them, it seems there is bij chunck of people who like the PDP candidates for whatever reason. The elction in Oyo, Ogun and ondo state were just damn too close to think it was jsut money distribution. Yorubas are wise and will collect your money and not vote for you.

If ACN relaxes thinking they have kicked PDP out it will be the biggest mistake they will make.

However if GEJ wins the presidency it is more dangerous as all this PDP SW guys will all be compensated with ministers and they will continue to loot our dear nation without any development.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by yd849ja: 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
What you all fail to understand is that growth and development can only come about when there exist true democracy as provided for by truly and deeply rooted issue based oppositions and its also quite unimaginable that in a free and fair election there should be a landslide dominance by one party except the opposition has no real and popular candidates in their ranks. I can only tell you that what we are seeing in the southwest is a true democracy, where all are choosing according to their conscience. ACN shouldn't be the only one winning because as bad as PDP is there must exist among them some good candidates who are as good as BRF and equally popular in their own constituency or even better. I for one do not want an outright dominance by one party over the rest hence what is being manifested in the southwest. ACN shouldn't win the whole southwest as this can only amount to tyranny as observed in the PDP in this outgoing dispensation. A 58% to 42% divide wouldn't be a bad idea. At this moment we need PDP to mount an ideology based war against ACN in the next 4years providing us with an alternative to ACN giving us more than enough reason why they would do better than them if voted in come next election, by way of this Nigeria starts her march to development and we can all then start looking forward to a brighter future as a nation.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by kodewrita(m): 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
ziccoit:

It is not true that AD wa voted out of office. OBJ entised and decieved them so they were rigged out of office. Have you ever been to Osun state? The AD projects of 4 years are more than that of 8yrs of pdp, despite better funding.

Going by the look of things SW is becoming a region to be recon with. Very soon others will have to take examples from them.

Had it been Nigerians were not corrupt, nowhere in entire state would pdp have got a single seat. But, thanks to heavy bribery in a state where people have been povertised just to enslave them.

CPC/ACN did not go through becos of ACN experience with OBJ. In all my people are doing well. In fact, SWers are more polirically advances.

Please stop lying.

We kicked AD out because they sacked our parents.

We also kicked them out because they tried to collect 30% tax.

We kicked them out because they were so arrogant they told us to go and meet our pastors/prophets/babalawos/imams for confirmation that they will win.

We kicked them out so they would not wreck our school system by sacking all arts and commercial lecturers/teachers.

we kicked them out because they couldnt tar more than 3 roads in each town (PDP has tarred more roads in Ilesa East than AD/ACN, thats a fact).  

We kicked them out because they claimed that sacked workers only constituted 1% of the population (as if sacked people dont have parents and children).

We kicked them out because they were stealing us blind while tarnishing the Awo name and legacy for their selfish ends.

We kicked them out because they assumed we were silly slaves and forgot that the core of the new nigerian middle class actually lives in the highly educated southwest.

We kicked them out because we have zero tolerance for idiots.

We kicked them out also because they thought they have a right to the keys to our funds simply because they were supposedly former NADECO freedom fighters (thats so debatable).

The first time we voted them out because we hated both PDP and AD but we hated AD more.

Lets see if ACN will learn, they claim to be a different party.

Waiting for the next maga who will come up with another dumb explanation for why we kicked AD and PDP butts one after the other. Last time they claimed we were illiterate outside lagos and thats why Lagos AD was the only survivor. What would be your excuse for PDP getting trounced this time? illiteracy again?
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Lagosboy: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2011
yd849ja:

What you all fail to understand is that growth and development can only come about when there exist true democracy as provided for by truly and deeply rooted issue based oppositions and its also quite unimaginable that in a free and fair election there should be a landslide dominance by one party except the opposition has no real and popular candidates in their ranks. I can only tell you that what we are seeing in the southwest is a true democracy, where all are choosing according to their conscience. ACN shouldn't be the only one winning because as bad as PDP is there must exist among them some good candidates who are as good as BRF and equally popular in their own constituency or even better. I for one do not want an outright dominance by one party over the rest hence what is being manifested in the southwest. ACN shouldn't win the whole southwest as this can only amount to tyranny as observed in the PDP in this outgoing dispensation. A 58% to 42% divide wouldn't be a bad idea. At this moment we need PDP to mount an ideology based war against ACN in the next 4years providing us with an alternative to ACN giving us more than enough reason why they would do better than them if voted in come next election, by way of this Nigeria starts her march to development and we can all then start looking forward to a brighter future as a nation.

good post! Healthy competetion is one of the requirments for development. People will realise they can be voted in or voted out by the people and will be left with no option than to perform.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by sammirano: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2011
pdp is already dead and forgotten as far as am concerned. they are not to be discussed again
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2011
Please stop lying.

We kicked AD out because they sacked our parents.

We also kicked them out because they tried to collect 30% tax.

We kicked them out because they were so arrogant they told us to go and meet our pastors/prophets/babalawos/imams for confirmation that they will win.

We kicked them out so they would not wreck our school system by sacking all arts and commercial lecturers/teachers.

we kicked them out because they couldnt tar more than 3 roads in each town (PDP has tarred more roads in Ilesa East than AD/ACN, thats a fact).  

We kicked them out because they claimed that sacked workers only constituted 1% of the population (as if sacked people dont have parents and children).

We kicked them out because they were stealing us blind while tarnishing the Awo name and legacy for their selfish ends.

We kicked them out because they assumed we were silly slaves and forgot that the core of the new nigerian middle class actually lives in the highly educated southwest.

We kicked them out because we have zero tolerance for idiots.

We kicked them out also because they thought they have a right to the keys to our funds simply because they were supposedly former NADECO freedom fighters (thats so debatable).

The first time we voted them out because we hated both PDP and AD but we hated AD more.

Lets see if ACN will learn, they claim to be a different party.

Waiting for the next maga who will come up with another dumb explanation for why we kicked AD and PDP butts one after the other. Last time they claimed we were illiterate outside lagos and thats why Lagos AD was the only survivor. What would be your excuse for PDP getting trounced this time? illiteracy again?

Thank you my brother--- I hope ACN learns from the mistake of AD and PDP and gets it right this time around--- if not in four years time either APGA, LP or even CPC would be kicking them out in four years time.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Busols757: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2011
babaowo:

@ busols757 don't worry buhari can never be president,nigerians ain't foolish, everybody know his pass,hos loyalty to abacha and so on,even no mallam can be near aso rock for the next 20 years to come believe me.
Asee
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Lagosboy: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2011
babasoty:

Thank you my brother--- I hope ACN learns from the mistake of AD and PDP and gets it right this time around--- if not in four years time either APGA, LP or even CPC would be kicking them out in four years time.

This was one of my reasons for this post. Any party can kick them out as well as we can see what ladoja has done with his populairty in Oyo state, Mimiko with LP in ondo state as well.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2011
This was one of my reasons for this post. Any party can kick them out as well as we can see what ladoja has done with his populairty in Oyo state, Mimiko with LP in ondo state as well.

ACN needs to be even more careful--- in other parts of the country all the parties have to do is change an official and they might be re-elected but in the SW its the party that might pay if any of their official should fail the electorate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Protesters: “We Rely On You” / Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. / Baraje, Oyinlola, Others Sue PDP, INEC Over Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.