Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,419 members, 7,800,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta (34090 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by oracle009(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2021
sleekman:

You are the coward, fool and ignoramus.

Get well soon Sir
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Sheila147: 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Oga you are a wicked man and a ritualist that is what I understood
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Pendragon001: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
either present or not, his mother-in-law has no right to do anything concerning his child without his express permission.

to the guy, you are the one that knows where the shoe pinches in your relationship, but you have to consider several factors before making your final decision, in the meantime, you can ignore everyone and be alone to clear your head and know what you want to do next. childs naming can be done anytime you feel you're ready, just let them know that they can't give name your child as anything they do in that regards is a waste of their time.

I, like many people here may not understand exactly how you feel because scenarios will always be different, but having been in and survived a suffocating relationship, I will only say do what is best for your sanity and be truthful to yourself when answering the questions as to why you don't want her anymore. But above all know that time and patience resolves a lot of things, don't loose a diamond while picking up stones.
chatinent:
You wanted to divorce her because of her mother. Her own mother!

You have been looking for a credible reason to cling unto for the break up.

Now, you see this as a stronghold, hence you deploy traditional rites.

Whatever happened to “for better for worse.”

It is a detestable thing to me reading comments from men who feel are always right in relationships. Have you taken a break and reasoned things from her angle?

You weren't present on the day of delivery due to some personal reasons of yours, fine. Why the rules over the placenta?

Ok, I understand the rites. They should keep the placenta for you till the month you decide to reconcile with your wife?

Which family in disunity will allow the husband's people to come and boss around in the time of delivery when the husband himself didn't show up?

How do you expect a woman to hate her mother because of you!

Even if there are things you don't like, set things straight amicably; you are only a husband not a god!

You are a mere man feeling principled. Release the twist.

Sorry, I don't mince words.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by osazsky(m): 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
AbujaCitiBlog:

Just shut up since you don't know the implications! You hegoats of this generation just behave like real life animals. And who told you, he doesn't have money? Who?
what do u want to do with a placenta..y are u stressing issues..i see nothing wrong here..the guy and d wife are seprated..the mom is taking care of her daughter..the guy must have driven d wife away..if the hus was sane..ur wife is in labour in a hospital and he is talking of work or busy at the office..while my wife gave birth i abandoned everything and stood by her.since the guy is stupid and foolishly dieing in pride the mum buried the placenta..if its impt to him he should go and exume it and burie it in his fsthers house wat lvl of irresponsibility.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by josite: 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
from your own mouth ,you are already separated as she is not under your roof.do u expect them to keep the placenta inside fridge.?

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by nan1: 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
What is wrong in them buring the placenta? are they supposed to keep it in fridge till you come back or what?

Pls sort out your problems with her cos i know placenta is not the cause

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Raymeg7(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Last week Tuesday, my wife gave birth to a son which is my second born... She has been staying at her mom's place due to misunderstanding we had around September....

After I paid hospital bills and gave her money for baby items on that Tuesday morning, she told my parents she has buried the placenta... I could not go to see her immediately I was called and I had to send my parents there due to my work...

This is a lady I want to separate from due to her mum trying to take over the marriage and my wife is always carrying her along... Now the woman is demanding I come see the son and apologize to her and sincerely I am standing on my ground that since she buried the placenta I will never go there to go see the child except they come to my parent's place on the naming ceremony....

The truth is I can't afford to live a second with my wife and I really want ur advice before tomorrow....
the truth is that , there is no way we can advise, because, 1, we don't know what is wrong between u and ur wife, 2, placenta can't cause problem if ur family or her family buried it, I don't think it matters if any buried it, I can only comes in when u tell us the real problem between both of u, her mother trying to control ur family is not enough for ur wife to stay with her mom for about 5 months now. My opinion please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by OJPraise(f): 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
seborrhic:

The marriage is already threatened because the Op has stuck to a mentality I still don't understand where it arose from:this spiritual attachment to the placenta in Nigeria.
If anything bad happens to him or he has any kind of challenge he would attribute it to the mother-in-law and claim that was what she used the placenta for,'tying his destiny'.
Any fly that buzzes round his ear,any stone he mistakenly kicks and every financial/life challenge now has a ready made cause,his destiny buried with the placenta.
This is a union headed to the rocks,harsh as it may sound.

You are so right everything else seem wrong. Na wetin go happen be this

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by osazsky(m): 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2021
Raymeg7:
the truth is that , there is no way we can advise, because, 1, we don't know what is wrong between u and ur wife, 2, placenta can't cause problem if ur family or her family buried it, I don't think it matters if any buried it, I can only comes in when u tell us the real problem between both of u, her mother trying to control ur family is not enough for ur wife to stay with her mom for about 5 months now. My opinion please
who drives a heavily pregnant woman out of his house and he is talking of work while his wife was fighting for her life .now he is fighting for a placenta not even a baby.we know his type.we all work but there is time for everything.look at him shouthing that he paid d hospital bill.how much is d bill .d guy just described himself if the wife was here you will het shock on the type of person he is pround arrogant man who feels cuz he works he is d lord og his house and sends a pregnant woman away when she needed him to be by her side spits kids everywhere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by osazsky(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
AbujaCitiBlog:

It is men like you who have long sold their dignity that say things like this. Is the mother inlaw supposed to bury the placenta? Go to elders in your land and ask that question. Some of you looses your senses immediately woman matter is mentioned! May God help you with sense!
i have been to 5 diff countries over there placrnta is poo..ask your elders y a man should drive a heavily ptegnant woman out of his house at the middle of the night..your wife dey labour u dey talk of job

3 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
AbujaCitiBlog:

Just shut up since you don't know the implications! You hegoats of this generation just behave like real life animals. And who told you, he doesn't have money? Who?

Uncultured element. I will gladly report you
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by britiko: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Last week Tuesday, my wife gave birth to a son which is my second born... She has been staying at her mom's place due to misunderstanding we had around September....

After I paid hospital bills and gave her money for baby items on that Tuesday morning, she told my parents she has buried the placenta... I could not go to see her immediately I was called and I had to send my parents there due to my work...

This is a lady I want to separate from due to her mum trying to take over the marriage and my wife is always carrying her along... Now the woman is demanding I come see the son and apologize to her and sincerely I am standing on my ground that since she buried the placenta I will never go there to go see the child except they come to my parent's place on the naming ceremony....

The truth is I can't afford to live a second with my wife and I really want ur advice before tomorrow....

U should av made urself available at delivery time if you so need d placenta.
Is she expected to keep a decomposing body part?
In Africa, Culture makes hospitals hand it over to parents but abroad its discarded. Thank ur MIL for standing in d gap.

Secondly if u can't stand ur wife, waka o. Let her live a productive life for d sake of d children.
Continue ur bitterness elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by LikeAking: 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
sunshineV:
some people are not matured enough for marriage talkless father a baby. imagine whats causing wahala between a couple. placenta! ordinary placenta o

U don pikin b4?
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by pennywys(m): 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:

grin grin grin angry

The placenta, you want chop ham?
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by adisabarber(m): 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Should she have flushed it down the toilet or given it to a dog to eat?

TainyLite:

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by jelel6: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
I was so curious when I saw the headline. grin

This is the first time I'm hearing that a baby's placenta carries any significance to anybody, up to the extent that the father or someone in particular needs to bury it or plant trees on it! Well, like they say about tradition, we are who we are and we believe what we believe.

Op, but what I do know is that your priorities at this time should read -> new baby -> new mother (wife) -> marriage -> then placenta.

And also, when people are angry or not in best terms with you, don't expect them to do things that make YOU happy. In essence, your wife or MIL won't refrigerate placenta and transport it to you like they do Corona vaccines.

If only the midwifes do you all the favour and disposed off the thing you'll all have nothing else to worry about.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
etrouble:

If a mother-in-law tries this in my town, it will get to the King's Palace. It's an abomination. You said he does not have money, why don't you advise him to be bearing his wife's surname then?

Get your facts correctly, from what he has written, he has not shown any sense of responsibility.
Even if you are a military man and you are on the war front, you will be given a pass to go witness the arrival of your baby.

I put it to you, why was he too busy to be around when his wife gave birth?

If you need placenta, common sense demands that you stay around

5 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Crocif: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:

I am trying hard to understand what the deal is. My MIL buried my son's placenta some two years ago and the heavens did not fall.

PS: If your wife slapped you while you were asleep, you may want to ask yourself what you did wrong. My guess is you know already.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
Obason22:
do u understand English, pls go thru his massage again.

I have read it again and again, he's not responsible.
He gave his wife money for baby materials on the day of delivery.
He was too busy to stay around his wife on the day of her delivery.

Who does that?

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
Obason22:
do u understand English, pls go thru his massage again.

Massage kor, smooching ni undecided
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by NegeduGrace(f): 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
chatinent:
You wanted to divorce her because of her mother. Her own mother!

You have been looking for a credible reason to cling unto for the break up.

Now, you see this as a stronghold, hence you deploy traditional rites.

Whatever happened to “for better for worse.”

It is a detestable thing to me reading comments from men who feel are always right in relationships. Have you taken a break and reasoned things from her angle?

You weren't present on the day of delivery due to some personal reasons of yours, fine. Why the rules over the placenta?

Ok, I understand the rites. They should keep the placenta for you till the month you decide to reconcile with your wife?

Which family in disunity will allow the husband's people to come and boss around in the time of delivery when the husband himself didn't show up?

How do you expect a woman to hate her mother because of you!

Even if there are things you don't like, set things straight amicably; you are only a husband not a god!

You are a mere man feeling principled. Release the twist.

Sorry, I don't mince words.
God bless you,, he thinks he's some sort of a god that should be worshipped
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by hismond(m): 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:

Go to their house, sit her down with her mum & tell them to their faces clearly that the child is yours & the location for the naming ceremony is your decision to make & as such they are both leaving with you that day or latest the following morning. Appreciate the mum's effort & make it known to her that you are not pleased about the way she went with the placenta & whatever she may have done in the past. State your facts clearly, but remain polite.

In all honesty, you have a big blame in all of this. Your story is 1 sided & clearly shows you've done many things wrongly
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Vicyace: 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:
If she gives you the placenta, you want chop am?
You don't have money and still, you are arrogant. All these irrelevant things should stop in 2021. undecided

There is a lot you don’t know.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by criuze(m): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
the truth is that you're bless with job , a wife and now a child

well if you allow minor issue of mother in law spoil your marriage you may not like it

just patience everything will settle it self
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Exodora: 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Married people won't let us enjoy this app in peace .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Camberlo(m): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:

Now, the truth of the matter is you have had it to your mouth and tired of your wife attitudes.

But my advice to your is to be patience, because patience solves millions problems.

Come to think of it, when you met your wife, both of you loves each other.

She gave birth to your children now and you are happy man.

Divorce is the solution but is never way out.

If you divorce her, another woman would use same divorce to mock you anytime you have little disagreement.
She would refer to it, that if you are a man enough, why did your first wife ran away.

Think about your children, no matter how bad your wife is, raising her children under their father roof give them million joys and confidence in the society.

Finally, as to the issue of ceremony, I believe your parent want better for you.

Husband parent mostly tolerate wife family, don't let little ego spoil your future.

Please, for the sake of yourself, children, future, singles out there who are looking up to you, kindly accept her offer and do the necessary.

I swear she would regret in the nearest future and beg for forgiveness.

Think of the time, day, night your make love to her and she was pregnant. I believed you smile when you did it, so accept her flaws for now.

Make your parents understand and beg them.
I will also include you in my prayers, I also need prayers.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Vicyace:

There is a lot you don’t know.
I don't want to know. He's not proven to be responsible.

1. He's an absentee father, even if you're a military man, they will give you a pass to go witness the birth of your baby.

2. He said he gave his wife money for baby items on the day of delivery. C'mon, a responsible father buys this before the day of delivery.

3. 6 days after delivery, he has not checked his new child, because of a rift with the mother in law. How do you tell me that he's responsible?

5 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Yankee101: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
So no be placenta be issue? You can't stand your wife is the issue. Have you tried counselling?
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by MummyD2020(f): 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Married people, una wahala don dey too much for this forum.

U are hilarious. But u know say life na turn by turn. You will soon join the moving train
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by MummyD2020(f): 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
oracle009:
OP, you haven't answered a question asked up there... Will you eat the placenta if it was kept for you? It's disturbing and disgusting when 'adults' bring innocent babies into their foolishness. You and your wife, due to your 'foolishness' will cause this innocent child to suffer violence that he knew nothing about. You are already structuring his future for marital instability! Must he bear the consequences of your RUBBISH (your supposed wife's rubbish inclusive)? Must he

Btw... You both should sit down and find a way to reconcile. Your child deserves a better future with a loving family, not the bullshit you have up there!

Pick your wife, settle your home and live in Peace! Life is all about responsibility. Being a father is even tougher! Stop being a fucking coward!

Peace!
You are wise. May God bless your home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Wants To Return To Her Country Due To Maltreatment From Her Nigerian Husban / 'my Wife Rubs Juju In Her Private Part, Demands Money Before Sex': Husband / Man Backs A Baby With Wrapper At Bus Stop In Lagos This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.