Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out (60844 Views)

Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar / Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by elvisco10(m): 11:41am On Mar 01, 2021
And foolish gvment will be using south oil money providing dem with irrigation nd others

3 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by baralatie(m): 11:42am On Mar 01, 2021
stanisbaratheon:
This is why learning trade alone is not enough, you need a bit of economic knowledge.

Waking up one morning to apply foolishness in your business is always going to land you in this kind of mess.
most especially when you as a producer with fast moving consumer goods unilaterally jump out of a high paying consumer destination.it is madness.

i

3 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Nathan2016: 11:42am On Mar 01, 2021
Iamgrey5:
They need to understand economics next time before going into business grin

You can only create new market for your products if you sell innovative ideas.

You can't sell your products well in other countries that already has a similar product.

Aboki get sense. �

3 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by rajiedreez: 11:43am On Mar 01, 2021
Lol
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 01, 2021
Even the tomato association in that country won't allow them to bring in their goods to sell because it will look like they are coming to compete with them.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:44am On Mar 01, 2021
I thought they don't gain from us we the southerners

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2021
This is just the beginning....The north can never survive without the south,mark my word

5 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by eyinola: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
I went to the market yesterday to buy cow meat for stew. They said no cow meat, I kukuma buy One old layer chicken, N2400. I use am cook stew and one wicked pot of Egusi soup. There's this joy anytime I opened my pot of stew and see the head of the chicken smiling at me.

God punish cow meat!
in all my life of cooking i hv never went to market to price meat before grin if it's not chicken its Turkey and if it's none of those then its fish i switch from orobo chicken to Nigerian chicken to fresh fish to dried fish to life fish. I hv never been a fan of beef but pepper wey i buy yesterday no be here ooooo e too small grin

7 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Raph82(m): 11:46am On Mar 01, 2021
U see, exactly my point. I know they will lose in billions as a result of this single act. Where u're diverting those perishable products to, they are not depending on u for survival in that niche, u're only going to be a surplus to requirement in their market. Common sense, u'll not have.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:46am On Mar 01, 2021
The south should even be the one blocking them not the other way round

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by nogragra: 11:47am On Mar 01, 2021
Wisdomkosi:
Blockage: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over N10Billion in One Week, Cry Out for Help

By Wisdom Nwedene

https://igberetvnews.com/1383920/blockage-northern-tomato-farmers-traders-lose-n10billion-one-week-cry-help/
We must never take northern poison again, LET THEM EAT THEIR TOMATO ONION, AND COW THEMSELVES. Yoruba nation must begin food production with immidiate effect.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by PrudencyFeats: 11:48am On Mar 01, 2021
State governors. Senators.rep members and house members is all southern States should begin immediately to allocate lands to their wards mainly agriculture - farming and livestock only.without any strict conditions and also provide fertilizer and modern machine equipments to help grow food.

They can go to he'll with their foods. They are not God.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by dalass(f): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
I went to the market yesterday to buy cow meat for stew. They said no cow meat, I kukuma buy One old layer chicken, N2400. I use am cook stew and one wicked pot of Egusi soup. There's this joy anytime I opened my pot of stew and see the head of the chicken smiling at me.

God punish cow meat!

Correct person grin

3 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by chibuike65: 11:52am On Mar 01, 2021
Edmanpumpin:
Yall CORE northern bigots will tire.

Foodstufs from Plateau, Taraba, and Benue is there for us. Most importantly, we can plant here down south and even import.

Fish, Pig meat, Chickens, Turkey are in abundance here.

No more Nigeria... To your tents o Israel.
even dog meat dey 4O4 sure pass cow meat Ooo

2 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Sonn(m): 11:52am On Mar 01, 2021
Hmmmm this is just so painful and heartbroken, our leaders especially from this current evil party APC has caused division among us to an extent that we now gloat over other people's misery, making jest of people in lost and pain, despite our differences' i believe in humanity, humanity should be of UTMOST concern to all of us, MUSLIMS, CHRISTIAN, IGBO, HAUSA, YORUBA and all tribes alike, let humanity come first, this evil Apc government keeps impoverishing people in different ways, who pays for these lost now? who? and the worst part is that we don't even have a LEADER as it stands now, to those whom lost their goods in way or the other, may God make a way for you to regain your Lost, as we pray that a disaster like this government never happen to us again. #USELESSGOVERNMENT

4 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by 12345baba(m): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2021
Them never chii chomtin
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:

God punish cow meat!
hahahaha!! We nọ go fit settle ur matter oo!!
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2021
You mean in just one week you are crying? When we are just about to start our own.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by stanisbaratheon: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2021
baralatie:

most especially when you as a producer with fast moving consumer goods unilaterally jump out of a high paying consumer destination.it is madness.

i

Madness to say the least.

This will teach them one or two life's lessons in business.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by dalongjnr: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2021
liars. Do you how many trailer is that #10b worth of tomatoes?
Igweretv or radio or Igwereliars! You just sit and cook up lies about losses by imaginary tomato traders/farmers. You don't know that they used to dry the tomatoes?
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Juoflife1(f): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2021
Let me laugh small abeg grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2021
grin no be only igberetvnews
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by ABIODUNOLAOPA1(m): 11:56am On Mar 01, 2021
It is obvious d reason their people are working to ensure southern Nigerians don't go to farm. They want to have monopoly of food crops. Producing food crops and sending it to d south is their lifewire. I pray d southerners learn from this and put their foot on d ground by ensuring criminal herders are sent out of d south and encourage people to go and farm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Whytelyon(m): 11:58am On Mar 01, 2021
mariahAngel:
Munzy14, gbara oso bia ooo! grin
O su la! grin

Nwata si nne ya agahu a raha, o ga e hi ura? grin
Ara gbashikwa ha nti! grin

Oburokwa Obere Ihe. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by aminusodiq(m): 11:58am On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:

God punish cow meat!
as in... u made me laugh really hard
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by oluwafemim(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:

God punish cow meat!
Hey! I love this guy...

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Whytelyon(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2021
AfonjaFirstSon:
we Southerners should take it easy with Northerners,
cos without North it will be difficult for us to eat certain fruits, such water melon, carrot and that one women dey use do something behind closed doors" what's the name again, Cucumber i mean to say.

Northerners are also important to we Southerners in
one way or the other. let us all embrace peace and
harmony in this our country. we don't need any fight at this point of time.

One Nigeria.

Shay na you way say make I go serve Fulani? See the kain nonsense them turn your country to, shay u like am like that?

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by dalongjnr: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
liars. Do you how many trailer is that #10b worth of tomatoes?
Igweretv or radio or Igwereliars! You just sit and cook up lies about losses by imaginary tomato traders/farmers. You don't know that they used to dry the tomatoes?
The southern Nigerians are good at using the social media but up north, they gat no time to waste. In fact, they only listen to DW,VOA,BBC and the regular frequency modulating radios stations close to them.
propaganda kill u there.
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by olisaEze(m): 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2021
Why should the cattle dealers block other farm produce dealers and the government will remain silent?
What was their reply to IPOB's attempt to disrupt commerce to the SE by blocking the Niger bridge a few years ago?

If ona (tomato dealers) like, no rebel against those jihadist thugs masquerading as cattle herders until ure all put out of business.

The southern part of this country is full of very creative & innovative wives and sous chefs. Once they get their hands on an alternative, opari! Church haf close!! grin grin
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by TheMostComplex1: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
I don't know why I was just laughing while reading this piece
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Josywhyte: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
N10bn....I don't believe that
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by mountmoriah(m): 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:

God punish cow meat!
Thanks for your initiative mindset, good one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Anambra Shoe Manufacturing Market Is Fast Growing (Photos) / Opening A Pharmacy / Jumia Delivery Man Uses Horse To Deliver Food Amid Fuel Subsidy (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.