Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? (15101 Views)

Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / African Child With Blue Eyes Abandoned By Parents On Suspicion Of Witchcraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by wale377(m): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
E
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by floss(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
K
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
Jashub:
Are you ready to see homosexuality and other vices in the life of your child? If your answer is yes. Then go for western education.
. Is Africa free from homosexuality,, cross dressers, lesbians, thieves, drug addict etc?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by onadana: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
BadRadio:
Truth is that I am African but I dispise the standards in Africa. Africa seems too primitive, naive and backwards in terms of everything... and I've usually thought of raising my kids the British or American style.

of what importance is an African parents culture and tradition in raising their children the African way rather that the British or American way?

Would it be sensible if a child is a genius in English language than mother tongue.

Are there disadvantages.

Raise ooo...it is good.Don't come back here to lament that your raised American or British kids had you arrested by calling 911.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
I will say you train them the Western way. Not saying Africa way of bringing up a child is mediocre compared to theirs. A child trained in the western way will be more reverend than the one trained the African way and it means more opportunity for that child.

Homesexuality is already on the rise in Africa too so training your child the African way or the Western way won't save him/her from it. That will be a decision for your child to make..

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by doxijaw: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
This is what happens when you can't differentiate between culture and education.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by addictiv(m): 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
I pity you...wait till you have to pay your kids to do house chores or you do them yourself despite having grownup teenagers at home.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
I will say you train them the Western way. Not saying Africa way of bringing up a child is mediocre compared to theirs. A child trained in the western way will be more reverend than the one trained the African way and it means more opportunity for that child.

Homesexuality is already on the rise in Africa too so training your child the African way or the Western way won't save him/her from it. That will be a decision for your child to make..
undecided undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Donedeal1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
Very wrong,are you or your child British , and even though you live in britain the cultural identity is always there.
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by AfonjaConehead: 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2021
Jashub:
Are you ready to see homosexuality and other vices in the life of your child? If your answer is yes. Then go for western education.

Village People

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2021
1Sharon:

So African langauge doesn't have homesexuality and vulgar language?

Vulgar yes
Sodomy God forbid
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by gagashuffle: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2021
The bottom line is getting a great kid.
Pick the good sides and practices of the various regions and instill in your child. Endeavor to raise a child that is upright in all or almost all ramification

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by OctoberEleven: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2021
Let me help you rephrase maybe you'll find your answer therein.

Is it wrong to raise your child in such a way that they lose their culture and identity?
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Yes. They are ahead of us academically and technologically, but we are ahead of them morally, ethically, as well as by sheer grit and adaptability.

Don't train your kid to be British or American. A black child will even be at a decided disadvantage in that setting because of their covert racism. Your child will have the same type of inferiority complex you and many other Africans seem to exhibit.

They should be the ones emulating us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Kobicove(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
If you don't have any problem with your child greeting you and other elders with "Hiya" then go with the British or American style grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by GeneralPula: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
What a stupid question..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Ganzoh: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2021
Jashub:

Na wa for you o, so na only wetin your brain reason as the only advantage a child can have been raised in the western world?....SMH....Guy u need to check yourself properly no wonder u dey where u dey, child wey dem raise for Africa... Tueh

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2021
okay
RisenPhoenix1:
Yes. They are ahead of us academically and technologically, but we are ahead of them morally, ethically, sheer grit and adaptability.

Don't train your kid to be British or American. A black child will even be at a decided disadvantage in that setting because of their covert racism. Your child will have the same type of inferiority complex you and many other Africans seem to exhibit.

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Jaqenhghar: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
Jashub:
...and its African kids that dont do homosexuality abi.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
WiszyFraud:
It is totally wrong, because the British/American will not raise their own the African way. . That is inferiority complex!!!

Use Your brain cheesy

You are wise. Let the op hear if e get ear drum to ear word.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by codemaniacs: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
BadRadio:
Truth is that I am African but I dispise the standards in Africa. Africa seems too primitive, naive and backwards in terms of everything... and I've usually thought of raising my kids the British or American style.

of what importance is an African parents culture and tradition in raising their children the African way rather that the British or American way?

Would it be sensible if a child is a genius in English language than mother tongue.

Are there disadvantages.

there is no such thing as the African way...

there are thousands of ethnic nations within Africa and they all raise their children differently.

your posts and you yourself are suffering from inferiority complex.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by doxijaw: 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Yes. They are ahead of us academically and technologically, but we are ahead of them morally, ethically, sheer grit and adaptability.

We are not ahead morally, infact we are fast becoming worse than them morally but still academically backwards.

Your average Nigerian sees immorality has advancement, progressive, but ignore the academic side.

Eg naija homo's will say Nigeria is backwards because they don't accept them, nudist, strippers, druggies,prostitutes also use similar arguments.

Culture and academics are two seperate entities.
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Jashub: 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
. Is Africa free from homosexuality,, cross dressers, lesbians, thieves, drug addict etc?
Africa no get homosexuals reach west.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Solatium(m): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
BadRadio:

Are there disadvantages.

Wait until your children tells you you don't have "Control" over their life once they clock 16,wait for it,the reality will then hit you.
Ask those who have traveled that route and full of regrets now.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by K4daniel: 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
See , the gospel truth is no where is save, just try and train your children in your best way and commit them to God through prayers..

No perfect place in this world, you can't eat your cake and still want to have it.

If parents decide to living with their children in the UK or America is best for them, atleast you can have 50% influence, although exposed to many nasty behaviours you could have bad influences on your kids but they will be controlled at home , but then, they will be exposed and giving good education which will make them great minds and successful in life.

Unlike here where your good culture coupled with bad leadership, unemployment, corruption , kidnapping, high crime rate lead to wasting of lives. Look outside and see unemployment killing our youths.

What are the moral values Africans have that you think has not been polluted.

I prefer UK, US, experience for my children than this place..my children will be grateful.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Jashub: 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ganzoh:

Na wa for you o, so na only wetin your brain reason as the only advantage a child can have been raised in the western world?....SMH....Guy u need to check yourself properly no wonder u dey where u dey, child wey dem raise for Africa... Tueh
You have not said anything tangible

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Optional09: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Because African “black children” faces a lot of attack from those society it’s would be best to raise them in African way. Black children faces attacks starting from the day they were conceived. In some cases if you happen to have a racist physician, his/her recommendations may see to making sure your child is born with some sort of disabilities including autism.

Even as the mother during your maternity you may hear from your physician “black women are more likely to die during pregnancy than others” that statement is a psychological attack on you and your baby.

Sometime they will recommend the baby be removed with CS even when it’s unnecessary too do so, so that you can be used for training, this may happen in teaching or university hospitals.

If you succeed in having a sound healthy child, the struggle then begins, depending on which community you can afford to live, if you live in poor community because of your low income the risk become higher. In that case you should upgrade your training to African hardcore training.

Where you received average income and living in a decent community, keep your eyes open. combine both training techniques African and English.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by ednut1(m): 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Where do you live
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by Nickymichy(m): 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2021
It may sound strange... But the truth is that African children are different from British children.. I once worked in a school where both British and Nigerian attend.. guess what.. when you give simple instructions, na my people dey always break rules... You see other children, well behaved... My conclusion is that Africans are naturally stubborn and most be handled with iron hand.. if treated with levity, I bet you you won't have a good sleep in the future.. there are exceptions though... But very little fraction... African children need to be raised the african way.. which is trashing, lashing to install that moral into them.... I maybe wrong though... But that's my view
Re: Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? by frank417: 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
You seem like someone that is here to argue rather than find answers. it's obvious that you already have your answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary, Shares Secrets To Lasting Marriage / Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. / Wise Woman Richer Than Her Husband Will Secretly Give Him Money At Home - Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.