Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,485 members, 7,801,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools (5592 Views)

Ngige: We Did Everything Possible To Stop Doctors’ Strike / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK / South-west Roads No Longer Safe, Schools Operating Under Fear – Gov. Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2021
The Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, on Monday, said the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and his regime had done “everything possible” to ensure safe schools in the country.

Sirika made the claim in an interview with State House correspondents after a meeting he had with Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The claim came at a time the nation is witnessing an increase in the number of cases of abductions in schools with the latest being the 317 students abducted from Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, Zamfara State last Thursday.

But Sirika boasted that the Zamfara case will be the last case of attacks on schools that will be recorded under Buhari.

Although he admitted that some people who do not mean well for the regime may want to embarrass the government with more attacks on schools, the minister said Buhari has done everything possible to forestall such.

He cited a “rejigged national architecture” as part of the strategies put in place by Buhari and his regime to forestall further attack on schools.

The minister said, “On the fear that those who do not mean well for the country can try to do it (attack schools) to embarrass government, because government said that attack will be the last by the grace of God; it is a possibility.

“But Mr President and the government have done everything possible to ensure safe schools.

“The government has recently rejigged the national security architecture and it is an ongoing exercise.

“Everything that is possible to stop this, government is putting it in place, and by the special grace of God, it should be the last this country will see.

“Yes, there may be a possibility that some people will try to do it to embarrass government, but government has the resources to continue to give the best in terms of security in this country.

“We think and we hope, but especially by the grace of God, that this will be the last that we will see in this country.”

Sirika added that apart from improved intelligence gathering, the government is also working on the supply of equipment and weapons as well as training and retraining of security personnel.

“Everything that is humanly possible by any government to put in place, to ensure security of lives and property, is being put together to ensure that this doesn’t happen.

“Like I said, it is an ongoing thing and government is committed to it and will continue to do so,” he added.

Asked what gives him the impression that the government can make Nigeria safe for all, Sirika cited the reduction of activities of the Boko Haram sect as proof.

He recalled that before now, members of the sect were bombing places like Abuja and mosques in Kano.

He said such situation had become a thing of the past.

“Don’t forget, the present President could be a civilian President, but he is a true Commander-in-Chief and he had been there before and he is doing his best.

“I am sure if you will do justice to this government, you will say it has done much better than it was before,” he said.

Source: https://punchng.com/buhari-has-done-everything-possible-to-ensure-safe-schools-sirika/

1 Share

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by osamz007: 9:09pm On Mar 01, 2021
INCOMPETENT F00LS

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Smileall(m): 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
na who do Nigeria strong thing
2015 would go down in history as a year in which Nigerians made one of their worst mistakes

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Simplyleo: 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Well, my own concern is not even the message but the messenger.

Hadi Sirika is the Aviation minister, but in what capacity is he talking now?

Because I still don't understand how safety of schools and aviation ministry are related. undecided

Information coming from the wrong authorities can't be taken as from the Fed govt.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by kingsvictor2: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
iakjth
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Nbotee(m): 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
How dis ediots want to keep forcing us to believ the President is working is baffling... How many skools have been raided and students kidnapped dis year alone not to mention since the govt of the day came in??

5 Likes

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by jlinkd78(m): 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
A na-asu okpoo okpoo oyibo

6 Likes

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by longetivity(m): 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ogun kee you and bubu

2 Likes

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by limeta(f): 12:55am On Mar 02, 2021
Safe the islamic way i guess

4 Likes

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Moneywirer: 2:37am On Mar 02, 2021
We have no president in this country!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Racoon(m): 4:52am On Mar 02, 2021
Yet bandits/terrorists are just in a mass kidnapping spree in schools especially across the northern region of this failed nation? Incompetent fools everywhere in government under Buhari. angry

1 Like

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by butterfly777(m): 6:11am On Mar 02, 2021
Just brace up for the next mass protest that will rock Nigeria:

END OPEN GRAZING

1 Like

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Maxymilliano(m): 6:57am On Mar 02, 2021
The Minister of Aviation , Hadi Sirika , on Monday , said the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd. ) , and his regime had done “ everything possible ” to ensure safe schools in the country.

If by "everything possible to ensure safe schools" is what we are witnessing almost every other day, where Bandits will casually stroll into schools and made away with as much as 300 pupils in a fell swoop, with no resistance from the security agencies, it is safe to say that Buhari has failed woefully as a retired General, and as President and Commander Chief of Armed Forces.

Simply put, Buhari best' at ensuring safe schools in the country is not enough.
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by BlessedNuel: 8:21am On Mar 02, 2021
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by slawormiir: 8:22am On Mar 02, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

Ain't done no shit

1 Like

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by OfficialGaGa(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2021
North bad.... they hate good things... and they destroyers n destructive....
see if I lie make the US just adopt the Northern part of Nigeria join the US omo FBI, CIA, Homeland security, pentagon, white house, sec of defense, DOD dem go work over time like say na Afghanistan dem dey....

North n insecurity be like 5&6

Prophet GaGa

1 Like

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by yemmight(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2021
Who is Buhari. Continue to deceive yourselves.
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Seniorwriter(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2021
Sycophants
Safe Indeed...
Very ANYHOW statement coated with unadulterated falsehood!!!
Anyway it's a New Month hence for those that are interested in knowing new ways to earn residual income with existing or newer skills and never lack cash for your livelihood then contact me for the tools needed to be put in place and allow the locomotives generate you money online, offline or both.
Imagine you have the right skill to create 1k clients that you make constant $50 from them each doing small task for them ones or twice a week.!! Awesome right. Howbeit this ain't for the get rich quickly youths out there.....but if you want to grow wealth then contact me via my facebook on my profile. Do you know that some people make money from Small skills like sending emails for agricultural companies...... There are so many remote jobs out there.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!

@seniorwriter
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by GOFRONT(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2021
Queues up.......Let me buy fuel first.
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Ogaga87(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2021
Is this the business of aviation minister or that of education..

They should continue with their flaws and not change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2021
There is still a long way to go about security issue in Nigeria.

This did not just start today.

If some politicians in high places or some troublemakers do not pay with their miserable lives, peace won't reign in this nation.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by JONSYN7154: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2021
to knock you dey hungry me
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Soolmus: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2021
Buhari's major downfall are his clowns that he appointed

Why decieve him when it's clear to everyone that Nigeria isn't secure, even Foreign countries now issues warning to their citizens here
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by nanauju(f): 8:24am On Mar 02, 2021
Are you now the minster for Defence or are you now the Minister of education

Get your affordable kiddies tablets

promo price at 26k

Different colors available

0706180981 9

1 Like

Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Lanretoye(m): 8:24am On Mar 02, 2021
so now we continue to enjoy the unsafe school saga
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by Silvershadow81(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2021
Chai this govt. When am still trying to recover from femi adeshina's useless statements then boom another one from a minister again. Well my people we are all in for it.
Re: Sirika: Buhari Has Done Everything Possible To Ensure Safe Schools by SirbobbyDgreat: 8:26am On Mar 02, 2021
Na wetin una dey see chop na im dey becloud una reasoning.
This administration has successful swapped a lot of people moral for crumbs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The N5.5 Billion Football Field The Engineer Renovated Or A Swimming Pool. PICS. / They Are Planning And Mobilising To Kill Another Girl Naomi In Maiduguri / See The Simple Lifestyle Of Peter Obi Preparing His Food Himself In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.