Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,556 members, 7,801,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! (250 Views)

My 14-Year-Old Daughter Was Caught In Hotel With Boys, Smoking, Drinking / Dad Catches 12-Year-Old Daughter Having Sex, Beats Her Mercilessly / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! by TheVictim01(m): 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Sri Lanka: 9-year-old girl dies after 'exorcism'
7H AGO
The child died in hospital after being beaten during a suspected exorcism. The girl's mother and the exorcist have been charged in connection with the death.
Two people have been arrested in Sri Lanka over the death of a 9-year-old girl who was repeatedly beaten in an attempt to drive out what her mother believed were evil spirits, police said on Monday.
The two suspects — the woman performing the
exorcism and the girl's mother — were due to appear in court later on Monday.
The death occurred over the weekend in Delgoda, a small town about 40 kilometers (25 miles) northeast of the Sri Lankan capital of Colombo.
How did the girl die?
According to police spokesperson Ajith Rohana, the mother believed her daughter had been possessed by a demon and took her to the home of an alleged exorcist nearby.
Rohana said the witch doctor put oil on the girl, before repeatedly beating her with a cane. The 9-year-old then lost consciousness, and was taken to hospital. She eventually succumbed to her injuries.
The woman who performed the procedure was known in the area for conducting spiritual rituals, such as exorcism.
Police urged the public to be careful as the girl was not the first to perish under these circumstances, and said they were investigating further possible case.

https://m.dw.com/en/sri-lanka-9-year-old-girl-dies-after-exorcism/a-56734951
Re: Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! by adontcare(f): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Rest on poor girl. At least u r free from this evil world

2 Likes

Re: Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! by debbydams(f): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
Rip cry

1 Like

Re: Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! by mardis: 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2021
Which kain wahala now, is it beating that will cast out the demon or serious prayers? It is not only Africa that barbarism exist.
Re: Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! by TheVictim01(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2021
At least we don't risk to kill, in casting out demons
mardis:
Which kain wahala now, is it beating that will cast out the demon or serious prayers? It is not only Africa that barbarism exist.
Re: Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! by 3gpvids: 12:21am On Mar 02, 2021
Sri lanka only sweet for mouth smh
wooden kantry
Re: Mother, Exorcist Kill A 9 Year Old daughter! by doggedfighter(f): 12:33am On Mar 02, 2021
The kind of things that happen in Akwa ibom.

Where innocent kids are accused and labelled witches and left to die.

I thought Sri Lanka is part of a saner clime.

Sorry, poor helpless girl cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Where I Can Get Industrial Sew Machine In Benin? / My 9 Year Old Brother Takes Over My Channel! / My First Abuja Friend As A Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.