Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It (4582 Views)

Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by finnacle2020: 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2021
hello Nairalands, am considering travelling to UK for 2 years masters degree after which my family will join me. I am married with 5 kids and my wife works with a federal agency. recently a friend told me that i need about 25m to 30m to fully settle with my family in UK.

am thinking of selling my property in lagos to raise the money but does it worth?

1 Like

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Mille: 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2021
First of all, you don't need 25m to settle in the UK. You don't even need half of that.

Second of all, you're married with 5 kids.

Best advice you can get is; Don't do it. Don't even consider going to the UK.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by falcon01: 10:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
you are already pinned down with 5 kids, so going to UK now is not your own.

4 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by daomi(m): 11:10pm On Mar 02, 2021
5 kids? it's well

5 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by oluayebenz: 11:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
Hahaha

Wetin person no go see for nairaland.com
Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Nicoswit(m): 12:11am On Mar 03, 2021
Mille:
First of all, you don't need 25m to settle in the UK. You don't even need half of that.

Second of all, you're married with 5 kids.

Best advice you can get is; Don't do it. Don't even consider going to the UK.
perfect advice...hope he will listen

5 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Drenimarcus(m): 4:11am On Mar 03, 2021
Why sell an asset to travel? if you have to sell an asset to travel, then you need to re think coupled with you having 5 kids? Never sell an asset to travel, not advisory. Getting a job asap in the UK depends on your skills(medical or IT) due to the covid-19 pandemic. Best of luck.

9 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by justwise(m): 7:46am On Mar 03, 2021
finnacle2020:
hello Nairalands, am considering travelling to UK for 2 years masters degree after which my family will join me I am married with 5 kids and my wife works with a federal agency. recently a friend told me that i need about 25m to 30m to fully settle with my family in UK.

am thinking of selling my property in lagos to raise the money but does it worth?

Don't do it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Cashsteady(m): 7:49am On Mar 03, 2021
why the UK? u should have chosen other European countries like Netherlands or Russia,demark there are lot of opportunities in those countries than the UK or better still just go to Canada or Australia... UK doesn't accept anyhow person oo and it's hard to enter uk, I even heard UK is not allowing anyone into their country at this covid moment
Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by MufasaLion: 7:58am On Mar 03, 2021
Cashsteady:
why the UK? u should have chosen other European countries like Netherlands or Russia,demark there are lot of opportunities in those countries than the UK or better still just go to Canada or Australia... UK doesn't accept anyhow person oo and it's hard to enter uk, I even heard UK is not allowing anyone into their country at this covid moment

Says who?. Get your facts right

2 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Cashsteady(m): 8:00am On Mar 03, 2021
[quote author=MufasaLion post=99560657]

Says who?. Get your facts right[/quote

it's u that should check.. UK is not allowing travelers from other countries atm u can leave the UK but u can't enter unless u are a citizen
Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Cybercop2002: 8:03am On Mar 03, 2021
if you finish your master in uk you are require to return to your country and uk aint worth but dont sell your property cause you will have something to fall back on maybe if you get to your new country i recommend canada or australia you can sell your house to start business that is if you are living comfortable abroad

1 Like

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Gernny(f): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2021
Please do it, you have 5 kids think of their future uk has opportunities, a friend mine went for Msc in adult Nursing she didn't do Nursing in her undergraduate do u know how much she earns, give yours 2years in UK,u will make that money back.travelling abroad is not a loss right now unless u are a lazy person. System works over there.
finnacle2020:
hello Nairalands, am considering travelling to UK for 2 years masters degree after which my family will join me. I am married with 5 kids and my wife works with a federal agency. recently a friend told me that i need about 25m to 30m to fully settle with my family in UK.

5 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by otipoju(m): 11:48am On Mar 03, 2021
Go to Canada or Australia. Forget UK.

... From a man living in America.

4 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Mille: 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
Gernny:
Please do it, you have 5 kids think of their future uk has opportunities, a friend mine went for Msc in adult Nursing she didn't do Nursing in her undergraduate do u know how much she earns, give yours 2years in UK,u will make that money back.travelling abroad is not a loss right now unless u are a lazy person. System works over there.

That's how y'all are blabbing my friend this, my friend that.... Have you lived outside the country before?

Op, take it from someone who has studied, lived and worked in Europe. Don't try it. There is a difference between visiting the UK and actually living there. With 5 kids, don't try it. Your quality of life will reduce by a lot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by yoged(m): 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
daomi:
5 kids? it's well
grin grin
Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by oluayebenz: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
Mille:

That's how y'all are blabbing my friend this, my friend that.... Have you lived outside the country before?

Op, take it from someone who has studied, lived and worked in Europe. Don't try it. There is a difference between visiting the UK and actually living there. With 5 kids, don't try it. Your quality of life will reduce by a lot.

Don't mind those, I know this, I know that crew ....

No first hand experience

2 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Pesbest: 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2021
Well, relocating abroad with your entire family permanently, is not a bad idea.

But selling your house shouldn't be an option for now.

Canada or Australia should be your best option.

10m - 15m naira can take care of that.

Try any of the PR migration programs offered by the countries mentioned above.

cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by oluayebenz: 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2021
Pesbest:
Well, relocating abroad with your entire family permanently, is not a bad idea.

But selling your house shouldn't be an option for now.

Canada or Australia should be your best option.

10m - 15m naira can take care of that.

Try any of the PR migration programs offered by the countries mentioned above.

cheers!

Do you think he will qualify for the program? Considering his age.....

Someone with 5kids is not young
Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
oluayebenz:

Do you think he will qualify for the program? Considering his age.....

Someone with 5kids is not young

Exactly
Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 04, 2021
finnacle2020:

Take another year to plan well without selling your house. It is after relocating you'll understand having a home in Nigeria is vital. But if you still want to sell, just let me know the location (Lagos, Abuja, Ogun near Lagos and Ibadan interest me). And we can talk. God bless!

2 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by int0x80(m): 12:28am On Mar 04, 2021
Please, don't do it.

2 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by dasparrow: 12:52am On Mar 04, 2021
finnacle2020:

If you dare sell your home to move to the UK to start a life of uncertainty, you will regret it. So many Africans are suffering abroad including some who already have their papers like permanent residency. The western world is economically in bad shape right now due to the impact of covid-19.

Even after you get that masters degree, then what? Nowadays, a university degree does not guarantee a job. You have a whooping 5 kids and a wife. You better stay in Nigeria and take care of your family responsibilities. Who masters degree help?

3 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 04, 2021
PeaceLovJoy:

Take another year to plan well without selling your house. It is after relocating you'll understand having a home in Nigeria is vital. But if you still want to sell, just let me know the location (Lagos, Abuja, Ogun near Lagos and Ibadan interest me). And we can talk. God bless!

I have a land property to sell in Ibadan, you may be interested.
Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Bmuhd4smile: 7:40am On Mar 04, 2021
What of someone thats married but no kids yet.

Is it advisable to go to the UK for MBA. With his savings

1 Like

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Gernny(f): 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
Uncle that lived in Europe, whose fault is it that you are not successful?as the property is there is the thing yielding money?someone is trying to secure his children's future.Mind you I have been in the UK. NIGERIANS CAN SURVIVE ANYWHERE SO LONG YOU ARE NOT LAZY.
Mille:

3 Likes

Re: Selling My House And Relocating To United Kingdom.====does It Worth It by Mille: 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2021
Gernny:
Uncle that lived in Europe, whose fault is it that you are not successful?as the property is there is the thing yielding money?someone is trying to secure his children's future.Mind you I have been in the UK. NIGERIANS CAN SURVIVE ANYWHERE SO LONG YOU ARE NOT LAZY.

First of, I'm more than successful than you or your lineage.

Secondly, perhaps as a UK resident, you can tell us how he'll survive as a married man with 5 kids in the UK in relation to his quality of life in Nigeria with a 25m property . Let everyone learn from your tips

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drone Views From Enugu (pics) / How Can Someone Get A Certified Copy Of His/her O/level Result / My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.