Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences (1038 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by EkelediliBuhari: 11:45am On Mar 03, 2021
“And they Twain shall become one”

So what happened to after they become one??

I got wedded late last year and am barely 6months into it. Well these days I feel like I could go back to being single.

My wife is a nice woman, wonderful with the family and everybody loves her... she isn’t the problem

But I always miss that autonomy or doing things on my own, my way. Wake up this morning and just travel. The joys of being unpredictable.

There the fun of whoring tho but that isn’t an item. There’s more sanity in the freedom of bachelorhood than I can currently comprehend

Let’s share our experiences .. is it just me or does it cut across board

If yes, is there hope or shall this misery continue unending?

PS I was very comfortable before I got married. Not like I just struck gold.
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by Nehyooh(m): 12:06pm On Mar 03, 2021
I'm here to learn !
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by mariahAngel(f): 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
What's happening with you is just transition. You transitioning from one phase of your life to another.
You might not like the feeling now, but you'll gradually get used to marriage and family life and would never wish you were single again.
Just enjoy and appreciate every moment.
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by EkelediliBuhari: 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
mariahAngel:
What's happening with you is just transition. You transitioning from one phase of your life to another.
You might not like the feeling now, but you'll gradually get used to marriage and family life and would never wish you were single again.
Just enjoy and appreciate every moment.

Sometimes it’s like a dream that I wish to wake up from... but only end up slipping deeper... scary like losing control...

The reality of responsibility... being fully responsible for another human soon to be human(s)... having to make every decision after careful thought...

I term it maturity... it’s like growing a tooth... hurts like hell at first but soon the joys of chewing suya and dry fish can’t be underscored...

1 Like

Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
In marriage, there's a joint-identity that occurs (but if it doesn't or hasn't, you can create it), which means doing things your own way or doing whatever you want like a single man/bachelor that you no longer are, is a no-no. Nonetheless, maintaining your own individuality too, is healthy. You need not lose yourself (e.g. don't discard the hobbies you enjoy doing or the goals you still want to achieve for yourself). Inasmuch as it doesn't affect your marriage negatively, individuality is still important. Finding the balance between that joint-identity and individuality is key.

1 Like

Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by ahnie: 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
Married people may God epp us!

3 Likes

Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by EkelediliBuhari: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
aroundtheearth:
In marriage, there's a joint-identity that occurs (but if it doesn't or hasn't, you can create it), which means doing things your own way or doing whatever you want like a single man/bachelor that you no longer are, is a no-no. Nonetheless, maintaining your own individuality too, is healthy. You need not lose yourself (e.g. don't discard the hobbies you enjoy doing or the goals you still want to achieve for yourself). Inasmuch as it doesn't affect your marriage negatively, individuality is still important. Finding the balance between that joint-identity and individuality is key.

This is like a motivational quote...

Believe in your dreams, you will achieve them...

Thanks for the piece

But it’s not easy... it takes an emotional toll... funny enough women find it easier... I presume it comes with the social status and acceptance... and soon they grow into it

I envy my wife sometimes when I see how easily she gets along with it
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by EkelediliBuhari: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2021
ahnie:
Married people may God epp us!

Lol

You could share some...maybe we will learn something...
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by ahnie: 11:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:

Lol
You could share some...maybe we will learn something...
my dear .....i ve absolutely nada to share.
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by pozehnani(f): 1:38am On Mar 04, 2021
What a melancholy.

Were you forced into marriage? Hmm.... This simply shows you were not psychologically ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 04, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:

This is like a motivational quote...

Believe in your dreams, you will achieve them...

Thanks for the piece

But it’s not easy... it takes an emotional toll... funny enough women find it easier... I presume it comes with the social status and acceptance... and soon they grow into it

I envy my wife sometimes when I see how easily she gets along with it
It seems you weren't psychologically-ready for marriage, which could be one reason you're missing bachelor life. Take it one day at a time and stop brooding too much. You're a newlywed; enjoy this time with your wife and start forming that joint-identity now because it's going to reduce your missing being a single man. Your time of bachelorhood is a thing of the past; let it go, and accept your new reality.
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by Hathor5(f): 4:59am On Mar 04, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:

I got wedded late last year and am barely 6months into it. Well these days I feel like I could go back to being single.

My wife is a nice woman, wonderful with the family and everybody loves her... she isn’t the problem

But I always miss that autonomy or doing things on my own, my way. Wake up this morning and just travel. The joys of being unpredictable.

There the fun of whoring tho but that isn’t an item. There’s more sanity in the freedom of bachelorhood than I can currently comprehend

Why don't you travel together? Why can't you be spontaneous/unpredictable together?
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by EkelediliBuhari: 7:39am On Mar 04, 2021
aroundtheearth:
It seems you weren't psychologically-ready for marriage, which could be one reason you're missing bachelor life. Take it one day at a time and stop brooding too much. You're a newlywed; enjoy this time with your wife and start forming that joint-identity now because it's going to reduce your missing being a single man. Your time of bachelorhood is a thing of the past; let it go, and accept your new reality.

It’s easy to point out an issue
Truth is many newly weds face this same issue... psychological adjustment to marriage

They are thinking it and am saying it... nobody is perfect but we try our best

One day at a time is the key I presume... that’s my take home
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by legacystore: 8:03am On Mar 04, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:

lol marriage is a boring responsibility u have not seen anything yet wait until u are 7years in it n u will understand.

it requires self discipline, sacrifice n commitment, single life is way more exciting.

u will get used to it soon
Re: Newly Wed - Share Your Experiences by EkelediliBuhari: 8:26am On Mar 04, 2021
legacystore:

lol marriage is a boring responsibility u have not seen anything yet wait until u are 7years in it n u will understand.

it requires self discipline, sacrifice n commitment, single life is way more exciting.

u will get used to it soon

I pray so with Godspeed

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Items For Sale / Suggestion On A Good Blender/grinder, 20-25k / How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.