Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend (40340 Views)

As A Lady, Would You Accept Marriage Proposal From A Guy Living In This Room? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by abigail11(f): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by BlessedNuel: 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2021
Eeeheya.....dx matter get as e be

The person that will comment after me will surely have something to tell you.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by budaatum: 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2021
You never mentioned what you contribute to the 60k that you want to manage!

Are you sure you are ready?

305 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by donbachi(m): 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
After all the abortions.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by EkelediliBuhari: 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
Marriage is not all life is about

Focus on building yourself first... have a personal vision and drive... if you find another person along the way you move on
If he happens to be ready then you marry

But don’t marry him because he’s available and you’re “running out of time”.... who gave you time table??

Focus on your personal life and all will fall in place

492 Likes 44 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Anigreat: 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
shocked

Must he be the one to propose to you? if he doesn't do it, you can do the needful. Go get a ring, kneel down and propose to him after all the future is female according to Saphiere.

284 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by harmargedon: 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
e be like say Nigeria good for your side.

12 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Perfectsouth(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2021
she gave me like 5missed call this morning and was like, I only send money for upkeep and don't even call to check on them.. That I only call to talk to my kids whenever she is not at home...
This is someone that left when I Had financial issues,she no even look back.. She don roam the whole place and realized, men out there are only for the Bleep and not settling down.. She now wants to come back to me, the Boda ode she left..

Young woman, leave the man to decide hsi life.. You are only clamoring for proposal and thereafter wedding because you want to settle down cos age is no longer on your side..
After marriage and he is not doing OK, na una go still mount pressure on the poor man..

So many ladies of nowadays use marriage as a front.. Once they pitch their tent with a man, they now start coded runs because they know they have a home.
I thank God for opening my eyes cos I too suffer for woman hand..
Believe me, na married women fornicate pass..

Leave the young man to arrange and organize his life and don't distract him from becoming who he wants to be...
One thing I like about the male gender is,we are just like wine, the older, the better

405 Likes 44 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2021
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by gasparpisciotta: 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2021
Buy the ring and propose to him. Tell him he doesn’t need to pay dowry and to forget about elaborate wedding.

Infact plan the wedding and make a realistic budget.

Then you will see that the Lord is good at all times.

Congrats in advance

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Chummynoni(m): 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2021
The guy meant well for you. With the way the economy is, settling down in marriage is a task many men dread of entering. 60k monthly is jus 720k annually. Price of everything is rising everyday in this shithole. The guy loves you, but he wants a secured future for you and yur unborn kids

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
donbachi:
After all the abortions.
You are beginning to piss me off on this forum, respect yourself

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
Few months to graduation, na so my gf started persuading me for marriage. She said her savings from N-Power salary would go a long way while we seek for better offers (not knowing the first set beneficiaries would be discarded last year). I know she's so concerned about getting married early,,,,@23. I just advised her to look for someone else that I wasn't ready financially. She did & got married last year. Sincerely,,,, if not for one kind stain wey dey her white, I for force myself into the marriage coz the girl is 70x better than Zzor angry. I no wan hold any grudge inside marriage

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Anigreat: 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country

shocked

Evening news paper feeling funkygrin grin

Someone that will rush to date even 15years old, if opportunity present itself is here yarning dust.

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
Anigreat:

shocked

Someone that will rush to date even 15years old, if opportunity present itself is here yarning dust.

You really don't know me,I don't joke around as regards the issue of men,I can't tolerate men in that age group and their problems, the older the better,most young men don't trip me,they mostly don't have anything to offer, I cherish my comfort and happiness a lot and I know who and where I can get that.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by pozehnani(f): 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
You're still there doing what? Waiting for him to give you IV to his wedding with another girl?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DaddyRochie1642: 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:
You never mentioned what you contribute to the 60k that you want to manage!

Are you sure you are ready

This your comment just made me to Laugh grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
he loves you and wants more for the 2 both of you.
60k in this economy is nothing. when you guys marry and responsibilities starts to pile up, it might not be funny.

Y'all can start doubling up now....start trying some new business ventures and all.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DaddyRochie1642: 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
Perfectsouth:
she gave me like 5missed call this morning and was like, I only send money for upkeep and don't even call to check on them.. That I only call to talk to my kids whenever she is not at home...
This is someone that left when I Had financial issues,she no even look back.. She don roam the whole place and realized, men out there are only for the Bleep and not settling down.. She now wants to come back to me, the Boda ode she left..

Young woman, leave the man to decide hsi life.. You are only clamoring for proposal and thereafter wedding because you want to settle down cos age is no longer on your side..
After marriage and he is not doing OK, na una go still mount pressure on the poor man..

So many ladies of nowadays use marriage as a front.. Once they pitch their tent with a man, they now start coded runs because they know they have a home.
I thank God for opening my eyes cos I too suffer for woman hand..
Believe me, na married women fornicate pass..

Leave the young man to arrange and organize his life and don't distract him from becoming who he wants to be...
One thing I like about the male gender is,we are just like wine, the older, the better

I like that part where you said "Married Women Fornicate pass"

34 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
What do you mean you are ready?

Will you foot the marriage expenses and pay bills after marriage?

Local man is trying to make life better first. I don’t blame him.

34 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Liposure: 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
Seems he has a third term agenda but he's waiting for you to commit.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by mgdimagaladima(m): 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Few months to graduation, na so my gf started persuading me for marriage. She said her savings from N-Power salary would go a long way while we seek for better offers (not knowing the first set beneficiaries would be discarded last year). I know she's so concerned about getting married early,,,,@23. I just advised her to look for someone else that I wasn't ready financially. She did & got married last year. Sincerely,,,, if not for one kind stain wey dey her white, I for force myself into the marriage coz the girl is 70x better than Zzor angry. I no wan hold any grudge inside marriage

U get mind ooo...

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Sarcastic101: 2:50pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country
Op please don't take advice from this one
She's not even married and she is not marriageable.
She's busy dating married men.
Just have a serious conversation with him
Ask him if he is going to marry you or hes just wasting your time.
Make him engage you.

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by missimelda01(f): 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
It’s sad but you have to let him go.
The last thing you want to do is force a man into marriage, he’ll be unhappy and so will you.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by debbydams(f): 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.
Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.
When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.
I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.
My problem is this:
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
since hes not ready just let him go..u can give him one year nd see what will happen, leaving man after 8years is not easy.

13 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Heartdanny(f): 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
Please don't force a man into marriage when he is not ready cos it doesn't end well most times. Tell him you can't wait anymore and move on with your life. I know when women are getting advance all the talk about is marriage, marriage, don't let despiration push you to force a man to marry you.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by GuyWise101(m): 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnn

See as women dey beg men to marry them after they will start forming shit, women can only make shakara when they are 18-27 after that age they gonna start begging men.... fact.

Marriage favors women more than men and marriage makes men die young by 80%

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Godoverevery: 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2021
what is your contribution towards this financially.

Marriage require alot.....him marrying you isn't the prob but life after wedding is the issh.

Just this week alone .....money I drop for feeding have double....my fiancee went to the market yesterday and i had to spend almost double of what I normally spend... cost of living is too high.

if he is on 60k and you can come up with 30k you have a shout but if you aren't contributing just free the man abeg.

28 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Oh now i know you are a runz idiot too lmaooo, i swear i shouldn't have wasted my time on you the way i did, you weren't worth it, no wh0re is worth it.
50 years and above after the borehole is deep enough lol like i said, ladies like you are the reason guys need the redpill!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by kense88: 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
why not 70 ? So you can be assisting him to walk.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by kense88: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
Anigreat:

shocked

grin

5 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
My problem is this:
Ibegirl, I Wonder Why He Isn't Ready Even When U Are Aware Abt His Income & U Are Willing To Support. I Would Advise Dat U Look 4 Someone Who Is Ready. Don't Put All Ur Eggs In One Basket.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Re: Police Arrest Organisers Of Sex Party In Kaduna / Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? / My Pre-wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.