Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Cooking Without Onions - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking Without Onions (659 Views)

Onion Price: See How Your Stew Will Look Without Onions!. / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cooking Without Onions by EkelediliBuhari: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
“Wisdom profits much” a wise man says in the holy book

Now as e Dey hot

Let’s proffer solutions... how do you make food without onions ... it think basically every food requires that vegetable

Cooks in the house educate us ...
Re: Cooking Without Onions by pozehnani(f): 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
Use garlic.
Re: Cooking Without Onions by EkelediliBuhari: 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
pozehnani:
Use garlic.

Am trying to find solutions that can be sources easily from the south here
Re: Cooking Without Onions by pocohantas(f): 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
The way people overhype this onions thing, makes me wonder if you use more than one for each private cooking. Highest 2. So what is the onions craze about? lipsrsealed

If you are concerned about the high cost of onions during a particular season, then dry your onions and blend it. I have onion powder and it tastes great too.

Better still, skip it. Some people would not even notice.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Without Onions by mariahAngel(f): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
“Wisdom profits much” a wise man says in the holy book

Now as e Dey hot

Let’s proffer solutions... how do you make food without onions ... it think basically every food requires that vegetable

Cooks in the house educate us ...

Is it that you don't like the taste of onions or you hate seeing it in your food?

Most foods that require onions taste very bland without it.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Without Onions by EkelediliBuhari: 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
mariahAngel:

Is it that you don't like the taste of onions or you hate seeing it in your food?

Most foods that require onions taste very bland without it.

I don’t it surprising that almost all Nigerian dishes require onions in preparation... what happened to being dynamic
Re: Cooking Without Onions by EkelediliBuhari: 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2021
pocohantas:
The way people overhype this onions thing, makes me wonder if you use more than one for each private cooking. Highest 2. So what is the onions craze about? lipsrsealed

If you are concerned about the high cost of onions during a particular season, then dry your onions and blend it. I have onion powder and it tastes great too.

This exactly is my point

My only issue is the fact that all Nigerian dishes require onions ... at least 90%

What did our ancestors eat before the advent of onions??
Re: Cooking Without Onions by descarado: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
pocohantas:

Not only you.

We love exaggeration a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Tom Brown Cereal / US Man Spent $150 Eating Every Meal At Six Flags Since 2014 To Pay Off Debts / Nestle Nigeria PLC Office Addresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.